AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Um... Da

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to it being approved as an Olympic event... creativity and difficulty levels are almost limitless. On the other hand, I can totally understand why some parents wouldn't want their daughters training at a young age to be a pole dancer. :?

Competitive pole associations are working really hard to disassociate from stripping. Your outfit restrictions have to be down to the inch-length of your shorts and stuff while still being practical (you need enough exposed skin or you'll slide right off the pole).
Where I am taking pole they call it "acrobatic dance" and its very desexualized.

When researching it I keep coming across this attitude of "Yeah we're atheletes, NOT LIKE THOSE NASTY DIRTY STRIP CLUB SKANKS". I wish people didnt defend their sport by trashing strippers.

I also wish that sexual things/people could be taken seriously while acknowledging their sexiness and that having something in common with sex workers wasn't seen as hugely insulting but thats a tall order apparently :roll:

Acts like the ones in these vids, to me, are are just the same as any other trained dance/acro/gymnastic type. And very similar to aerial silks as well. When I see stripper on a pole I think "Hey, stripper on a pole". The two styles are not at all similar to me, but both awesome, and I don't know why conservatives get all hung up about it.

Cannot wait for BF to get home and translate the conversation in these links for me. I really want to know what the guy in the glasses is saying!

This popped up the other day and made me laugh.

pole-13_zps706c4dae.gif

MsAllyCat said:
Acts like the ones in these vids, to me, are are just the same as any other trained dance/acro/gymnastic type. And very similar to aerial silks as well. When I see stripper on a pole I think "Hey, stripper on a pole". The two styles are not at all similar to me, but both awesome, and I don't know why conservatives get all hung up about it.

Cannot wait for BF to get home and translate the conversation in these links for me. I really want to know what the guy in the glasses is saying!

Saying they aren't similar is entirely unfair to the origins of "acrobatic dance". Most of these moves were created by strippers on slow nights out of boredom and to challenge themselves. They're similar because they're the same.

ETA: A lot of the girls at my local strip club are INCREDIBLY talented pole dancers. I know that may not be common everywhere (in Vegas I didn't see a single girl even touch a pole) but I saw many of the same moves in my crappy little Kansas club that you see in the first video.

SexyStephXS said:
They're similar because they're the same.

:lol:

SexyStephXS said:
in Vegas I didn't see a single girl even touch a pole) but I saw many of the same moves in my crappy little Kansas club that you see in the first video.

Guess I need to get out more!

Some of those moves in the OP vid made monkeys look clumsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.