AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unemployment/Disability Benefits Interference?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2020
Hello. I am curious that if a webcam model is on disability or unemployment benefits/insurance will making money from camping interfere or reflag their benefits?

Depending on where you live, you may be restricted to earning a certain amount of money before losing your disability or unemployment benefits. In some cases, you may not lose your benefits right away. But, when it comes to filing taxes, they may remove you from whatever benefits you're receiving as well as possibly penalize you.

TBH, this is a pet peeve of mine: People potentially scamming the system. If you're working, doesn't matter if it's as an employee, you're self-employed or cash under the table, you're taking money away from people who need it as well as helping to make taxes higher. If as a model you're condemning members for trying to scam you, you're a hypocrite.

Upvote 0
TBH, this is a pet peeve of mine: People potentially scamming the system. If you're working, doesn't matter if it's as an employee, you're self-employed or cash under the table, you're taking money away from people who need it as well as helping to make taxes higher. If as a model you're condemning members for trying to scam you, you're a hypocrite
I think you maybe passing judgment too quick. Camming doesn't always pay the bills. There are lots of Cammodels who can for spending money. Also living on disability or any fixed income means you can't spend on things more than the necessities. I know people on disability assistance and work part-time for spending money. Some people are unable to hold a steady job due to their disability/illness/mental that pays all the bills, so they need the help.

Upvote 0
TBH, this is a pet peeve of mine: People potentially scamming the system. If you're working, doesn't matter if it's as an employee, you're self-employed or cash under the table, you're taking money away from people who need it as well as helping to make taxes higher. If as a model you're condemning members for trying to scam you, you're a hypocrite.

This is so unnecessary....

Upvote 0
I think you maybe passing judgment too quick. Camming doesn't always pay the bills. There are lots of Cammodels who can for spending money. Also living on disability or any fixed income means you can't spend on things more than the necessities. I know people on disability assistance and work part-time for spending money. Some people are unable to hold a steady job due to their disability/illness/mental that pays all the bills, so they need the help.

No, not judging too quickly. I know all too well that there's a certain limit that one can make while on disability, etc. That I don't have issues with so long as it's legitimate. What I have issues with are those who intentionally scam the system.

Upvote 0
No, not judging too quickly. I know all too well that there's a certain limit that one can make while on disability, etc. That I don't have issues with so long as it's legitimate. What I have issues with are those who intentionally scam the system.
Do you know full well that this person intends to game the system?

Upvote 0
Do you know full well that this person intends to game the system?

About as much as you know full well they don't.

It was a statement I made based upon far too many people I have personally known scamming the system. I did clarify that if it's necessary, I have no issues.

Upvote 0
Short answ
Hello. I am curious that if a webcam model is on disability or unemployment benefits/insurance will making money from camping interfere or reflag their benefits?

The short answer is yes but the threshold on income varies depending on state. In most states if your 1099 income exceeds your unemployment income then you're in violation. Depending how long this happens determines if your unemployment breaks or if you OWE the money back.

I should add, disability is a little different. Basically so long as the 1099 job you are doing doesn't require activities that affect your disability things it won't go away (Don't say you can't walk and make part time deliveries at the same time) unless AGAIN you make more than your disability payout.

Upvote 0
Actually modern money and system thing is really abstract and complicated... And the impact of a 1 in # guys scamming system that way is nonexistent... But for regular individual those money will be really useful and impacting...

Upvote 0

It was a statement I made based upon far too many people I have personally known scamming the system. I did clarify that if it's necessary, I have no issues.

Not sure what you're trying to say in that first line, but it's still an unnecessary statement. Just because you know bad people doesn't mean you should project that on to others.

Upvote 0

You bringing up is rude and insensitive. People on disability get accused all the time of gaining the system. Listen I don't like people taking advantage of government assistance either, but to remind people on it, like I'm sure they don't like it either because it takes away from those who need it.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you're trying to say in that first line, but it's still an unnecessary statement. Just because you know bad people doesn't mean you should project that on to others.

You can't prove they don't have any intention, nor can I prove they do. Schrodinger's Cat if you will.

You bringing up is rude and insensitive. People on disability get accused all the time of gaining the system. Listen I don't like people taking advantage of government assistance either, but to remind people on it, like I'm sure they don't like it either because it takes away from those who need it.

I disagree that it's rude and insensitive, and it was not directed at the OP or those who legitimately needing it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this or else it's going to become another useless 5 page thread.

Upvote 0
Wow, this comment is super ignorant. Even if I was making 5 times more from camming than I do from assistance I wouldn’t be able to afford my medical bills because I’d also lose insurance. Disability/unemployment/public assistance is designed to keep people poor and as much as all of these programs suck, losing them can be extremely detrimental, even with an income.

Maybe you should talk to billionaires about “taking money away from people who need it” instead of one of the poorest groups of people in the country.

Upvote 0
I disagree that it's rude and insensitive, and it was not directed at the OP or those who legitimately needing it.
I think you are being incredibly rude and insensitive. Not to mention lacking empathy.

Even if that isn't your attention, I'm telling ya that tidbit was hella rude and insensitive (not to mention completely unnecessary) to people who have ever been on governmental assistance. You acting defensive doesn't show you are interested in learning or understanding why others do find it so.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.