AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unreliable Follower Notifications

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2019
Maryland
Twitter Username
@vividscl
Chaturbate Username
naughty_seany
naughty_seany on CB

I'm recently having issues with notifications for the models I follow.
In most cases I don't get an email notification, In other cases I get a notification many hours after the model went live.
I've tried all the usual stuff: logoff-logon, un-follow/re-follow, etc.
Any ideas?

If you are using Gmail, check under your promotions tab. Gmail was sending notifications there until I removed the Promotions label.

Upvote 0
Actually the past few days I have also had this issue.
And I can confirm at least with 1 of them, it's not because she sent it late - I asked her and she had already sent it. I didn't get it for about an hour after (including the web notification on my PC)

They never appear in spam/junk as I have them so they are safe. It's only the past few days it has been happening for me personally.

Upvote 0
I'm a model myself, and every time I go online on CB, I send my 6900 followers a notification. Normally (not so long ago), people come into my room, and in 15 minutes after the invitation, I had 20-40 people in the room (which is normal for me, and I had that for months). But since a month or so, I barely get 5 - 10 people in the room. So maybe it's a technical issue? I don't know

Upvote 0
This has been an issue for me for a long time, I am following like 1450 models though.

Jesus! I thought I had a lot when I hit 100 or so a while ago and before I did a HUGE cleanup. Now I have about 9 people.
It would be nice if CB allowed customization for grouping models that you follow. Making your own little folders and set priorities on said folders. So have a "faves" folder and put like 5 people in, then you make sure you get those emails first if multiple are on at the same time.

Upvote 0
If you are using Yahoo/AOL as an email provider, you may have trouble receiving follower notifications. As this is outside our control, we recommend using a different email provider. We also limit the amount of follower emails a day received, so if you follow a lot of accounts, it is possible you hit this limit. We recommend instead using push notifications as they do not have a limit in place and can be just as effective.

Upvote 0
We also limit the amount of follower emails a day received, so if you follow a lot of accounts, it is possible you hit this limit.

Oooooo I was thinking that might be a factor, do you know what the limit of follower emails per day is? oh wait i can probably figure that out...oh wow its a low number isnt it because I just realized I am only getting around 110-115 follower emails per day and I follow a lot of really active models.

Upvote 0
If you are using Yahoo/AOL as an email provider, you may have trouble receiving follower notifications. As this is outside our control, we recommend using a different email provider. We also limit the amount of follower emails a day received, so if you follow a lot of accounts, it is possible you hit this limit. We recommend instead using push notifications as they do not have a limit in place and can be just as effective.

Does the limit also apply for browser notifications? Or are they unlimited?

Upvote 0
Oooooo I was thinking that might be a factor, do you know what the limit of follower emails per day is? oh wait i can probably figure that out...oh wow its a low number isnt it because I just realized I am only getting around 110-115 follower emails per day and I follow a lot of really active models.

The dev team has also confirmed that your estimate of 110-115 emails a day is in line with what should be being received, however, if you have any other concerns regarding possibly missing someone important to you then feel free to write in to the support staff and one then they can ensure everything is working properly on your account.

Upvote 0
The dev team has also confirmed that your estimate of 110-115 emails a day is in line with what should be being received

Oh ok thanks, we could really use custom groups then for the models we follow and then have an option to specify if the group should receive email notifications or not. I would then create like a favorites follow group and receive only emails for that group then maybe i'll just go nuts with it and have like an asian group, latina group, talkative group, good taste in music group :clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.