AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Updated Cam Room!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
When we moved from CA to WA, I did get a new piece of furniture for the new cam room, but overall I kept the same layout as I had at the old house. It totally fit with my usual routine and it made the adjustment to the new house feel less overwhelming to just do things as I always had.

But it started to feel really stale and cluttered. Being in that room made me feel a bit anxious and cramped. And sitting on the floor during every shift was really starting to give me some aches and pains. It wasn't until I did a kitchen/cooking cam show in the middle of March that it really dawned on me that if I had a more comfortable arrangement in my cam room, that I'd feel better during and about my cam shifts.

I needed a chair and a proper table. This meant I had to change the whole layout of my cam room, as it was set up with two 32" TVs as monitors for my desktop computer, and clearly I can't sit with my face just inches away from them. But I've been spoiled with that incredible setup since 2009... it was a scary thought moving to a laptop! It needed to be done, nonetheless. I needed to make the switch.

So the daybed has been moved into another room. The TVs are going in storage. The picnic style table is out. The closet has been organized so that I don't have random stuff laying everywhere.

The focal point of the back wall is now my fun high heel chair, flanked by 2 stylish shelf lamps. A smaller table is now the home for my 15.6" laptop, and I have a comfy armchair that's been rigged up with some wheels. The room feels so much more open, airy and clean, and there is SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES! Being able to move my laptop and cam around anywhere is going to open up a lot more possibilities for sexy times and fun shows. Oh, and every light bulb has been replaced with an LED bulb, so it should be much cooler and energy efficient! :)

I'm happy. I sort of feel like I've reinvented myself as a cam girl. It's refreshing.

Before the change... what a mess!

l3JFPxfl.jpg

1K4b37zl.jpg

Oh my, it looks so big when it's empty!

7zWL2j8l.jpg

DYQ1TFkl.jpg

Rigging up my Ikea chair with wheels took some brain power and effort as well as multiple trips to the hardware store for failed attempts.

2F4nWXKl.jpg

But after a full weekend of shopping, building, cleaning, moving and organizing, the result is phenomenal.

uP5FXPwl.jpg

1rO8nJil.jpg

isJHgrIl.jpg

zO6FK1jl.jpg

Onward and upward! Let's make some great memories in this updated fun space. :)

I love before and after pics. Didn't realize how much of a change you went through for the monitor situation. You satisfied your crafting itch too. Nice work!

The blue is upon us...

meet me tonight at midnight PDT or tomorrow (Monday) evening to see it!

So, it turns out I was totally bored with the beige color we had originally painted the cam room walls when we moved into this house. I missed the contrast against my old cam room at my old house... so we're blue again!

It's going to take some time to adjust to the darker lighting situation now, since the brighter walls reflected more, but so far it looks a-OK to me!

veLsTQgl.jpg

114tdRgl.jpg

En7Qaf9l.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's the same blue I have in part of my living room! :lol: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

Your new room looks so zenith and relaxing. I'm still in the process of figuring out the best set up for my bedroom, this post was really helpful.

Love it .. So spacious and organized . It reminds me that I really need to create a permanent space similar to this. Quick question though, what kind of light bulbs do you use? and always which webcam do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.