AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

USB 3.1 Gen Cables

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieElise

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
MFC Username
EliMarie
Streamate Username
MarieElise
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
Anyone know where I can buy 3.1 Gen USB A to USB C cable, longer than 3 feet? I'm having trouble finding one. I'd like at least a 6 foot long (cable!).

If you use Amazon, it looks like they have a 10-ft version of what you need for about $9 ($8 with Amazon Prime).

Search Amazon for “USB Type C Cable Fast Charging 10FT,UDATON”

It’s the first non-sponsored result for me and it’s marked “Amazon’s Choice”

ETA: Upon looking again, I’m not positive that’s a 3.1 and I see you specified that… hmm. I see a few at 3ft but not a lot is coming up at 6+ ft.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarieElise
i wouldn't buy amazon electronics/cables. there have been reports of them catching on fire because they are poorly made. i buy all my cables from best buy. if you cant find a usb cable long enough, recommend getting a usb extender. i use one for my short usbs.

I'm not a fan of braided cables, but I was running into the same problem finding anything longer than 3ft for usb 3.0 and just got this Amazon Basic 6ft braided USB 3.1 cord last week. Was able to record in 4k with brio camera and with a test run on Streamate, it registered 2560x1440 streaming resolution.

Was actually surprised at how much more thick and durable it felt for a braided cable. Belkin from my research, does not make longer ones than 4ft when I checked the website.

Which gen? I think gen 2 is limited to 3 feet for the 10gbps, what will you be using it for?
Gen 2. Sorry should have specified. Logitech Brio camera to computer for streaming in best resolution possible with good bit rate.

Gen 2. Sorry should have specified. Logitech Brio camera to computer for streaming in best resolution possible with good bit rate.
oh ok you should be able to use a gen 1 cable for the brio, brio will work even in older computers that don't have usb 3.1 (Edit: I mean ones with just usb 3.0) and still achieve the 4k support or 1080p 60fps support. So I think something like this: (6 feet)

Should do it

Thanks @cbhours and everyone else too. Let’s hope no fires start while I’m streaming. Very useful info to know about Amazon cables.

The amount of times I search to find very specific items and they either are not invented yet, or are not available is unbelievable. Grumble. Grumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.