AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

how to connect a cannon to a mac book

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2023
Hey, I'm not to tech savy and need some help but i was wondering if anyone would know how to connect a cannon camera to stream on. Im trying to use it for stream mates, how ever when i look at the settings and press external input, I don't know where to go from there as theres no options for another cam.

The camera says it can stream and has functions like wifi/bluetooth and can connect to the mac with usb c. it also has an app although its only for ipad and iphone...

is this possible or is it a dead end.

Hi, I have gx7 mark iii, I think the problem maybe that my mac book has the M1 chip

I tried to download the eos software although its not showing up on my computer

So for this camera you have to use a capture card and connect it with a Micro-HDMI cord. The live streaming features built into the camera only work for YouTube as far as I can tell.

I don't know about canon cameras. But on Sony ones you have to have a number of settings in the camera to be just right to stream. And you have to have a different set of settings to be able to control it, and another set of settings if you want to export is media card over the usb cable. And yet another set of settings if you want to do it via wifi. And on the sony even with that you only get 720p and not 1080p making the micro-hdmi -> hdmi -> hdmi capture usb device have much better quality.

You would need to read exact details from the manual on what to setup to stream. If the canon uses UVC then you should not need any extra software.

I think the major issue is that the cameras have limited power cpus in them and really cannot do everything all of the time and so make it so that you turn on the one or 2 features you want (if they will even work together) to reduce battery usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.