AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Username Color Change on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
If a user passes one of the color change thresholds for token usage while in a room, does their color change in the chat window right away, or only if they leave and re-enter?
Does it make a difference if they are only actively spending the tokens in another room (i.e. they have several windows open and logged in to more than one chat room)?

If a user passes one of the color change thresholds for token usage while in a room, does their color change in the chat window right away, or only if they leave and re-enter?
Does it make a difference if they are only actively spending the tokens in another room (i.e. they have several windows open and logged in to more than one chat room)?

It will change, or should change, upon the next "refresh" of the chat, or when you next comment or tip. Either way it will be almost instant, and it will do this in all rooms you have open.

Upvote 0
It will change, or should change, upon the next "refresh" of the chat, or when you next comment or tip. Either way it will be almost instant, and it will do this in all rooms you have open.
Thanks. Saw 3 or 4 users change color in the same room last night, even though none of them had been tipping at all there. One went from magenta to dark purple, so must've been very active in another room. One guy even went back from dark purple to light purple. Might've just been coincidence if he hadn't maintained spending over the past 14 days, or I guess they could have chosen to limit the maximum displayed user color via the settings tab.
I was wearing the red hat, so perhaps I was just paying more attention than usual to users and colors.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that the rules are different for broadcasters. I get a lot of models lurking in my room. Most come in as gray and when they get tipped they turn blue. When they come back the next day they are gray.

I noticed for my own account, if I haven't been tipped or tipped anyone, I start out gray. Then when I get tipped or tip a model I change to a shade of blue, but the next day I revert back to gray.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that the rules are different for broadcasters. I get a lot of models lurking in my room. Most come in as gray and when they get tipped they turn blue. When they come back the next day they are gray.

I noticed for my own account, if I haven't been tipped or tipped anyone, I start out gray. Then when I get tipped or tip a model I change to a shade of blue, but the next day I revert back to gray.
Hmm maybe it works differently for models, and reflects your earned balance rather than tokens spent as a viewer. Do you have daily payouts scheduled? If so, that could be why you revert to grey each following day.

Upvote 0
No, it works the exact same.
You will ALWAYS revert back to GREY if you have not PURCHASED tokens. Keyword is: PURCHASED
They are being TIPPED the tokens, so as soon as they spend them on someone else or cashout, they are back to 0, back to grey.

Upvote 0
No, it works the exact same.
You will ALWAYS revert back to GREY if you have not PURCHASED tokens. Keyword is: PURCHASED
They are being TIPPED the tokens, so as soon as they spend them on someone else or cashout, they are back to 0, back to grey.
That's not what CB says - it is tipped, not purchased:
From https://support.chaturbate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048893011-Username-colors

Username colors​

The color of usernames in chat indicates the user status or how many tokens they have tipped:
  • Orange names are broadcasters
  • Red names are moderators
  • Green names are fan club members
  • Dark Purple names have tipped at least 1000 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Light Purple names have tipped at least 250 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Dark Blue names have tipped at least 50 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Light Blue names own or have purchased tokens
  • Grey names have no tokens

Upvote 0
That's not what CB says - it is tipped, not purchased:
From https://support.chaturbate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048893011-Username-colors

Username colors​

The color of usernames in chat indicates the user status or how many tokens they have tipped:
  • Orange names are broadcasters
  • Red names are moderators
  • Green names are fan club members
  • Dark Purple names have tipped at least 1000 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Light Purple names have tipped at least 250 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Dark Blue names have tipped at least 50 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Light Blue names own or have purchased tokens
  • Grey names have no tokens
I haven't asked my friend but I think it works like this, once she gets tipped she transfers tokens to become light blue so she can PM with other models, male of course lol, but she can't tip because the studio hasn't taken their cut then she has to return the tokens to main account at the end of stream.

Upvote 0
That is correct and so am I. look at light blue. Once purchased, you will remain light blue for LIFE. If you do not purchase tokens you will go up and down the tier of colours.
So if I am grey and am tipped tokens then I spend them (lets say 1000) I will turn purple, but then if I have 0 on my account after those 14 days, I will go back to GREY and not light blue because I did not purchase said tokens, I was tipped them to me.

Edit:
My grey account is STILL grey and I transfer tokens to and from it
(I store some tokens so I don't spend all at once)

Hope I make sense, it's 6 am for me and I have not slept. I can try explain better after sleep if you still need me to

Last edited:
Reactions: bbbbadddd
Upvote 0
That is correct and so am I. look at light blue. Once purchased, you will remain light blue for LIFE. If you do not purchase tokens you will go up and down the tier of colours.
So if I am grey and am tipped tokens then I spend them (lets say 1000) I will turn purple, but then if I have 0 on my account after those 14 days, I will go back to GREY and not light blue because I did not purchase said tokens, I was tipped them to me.

Edit:

Hope I make sense, it's 6 am for me and I have not slept. I can try explain better after sleep if you still need me to
I think we're on the same page (relatively) but the definition of light blue is 'own or have purchased tokens'.
I understand that a viewer who has bought tokens will always be light blue or higher.
But I'm asking if a model, one who has never purchased tokens, but owns them (from receiving tips) will stay light blue if they zero out their balance. This could be either by tipping other models or cashing them out. Or if then by CB's definition they have neither purchased, nor currently own tokens, then they revert back to grey.
Hence the question of @blayze_noir if daily cashouts might explain the observation of reverting to grey.

Upvote 0
I think we're on the same page (relatively) but the definition of light blue is 'own or have purchased tokens'.
I understand that a viewer who has bought tokens will always be light blue or higher.
But I'm asking if a model, one who has never purchased tokens, but owns them (from receiving tips) will stay light blue if they zero out their balance. This could be either by tipping other models or cashing them out. Or if then by CB's definition they have neither purchased, nor currently own tokens, then they revert back to grey.
Hence the question of @blayze_noir if daily cashouts might explain the observation of reverting to grey.

Yes my model friend is grey at the start of everyday because she is a studio model and is not allowed to tip, she transfers tokens to herself to become light blue then transfers back to studio account at end of day and turns grey again

Upvote 0

Edit:

Yes makes sense, and sounds like you are independent model not studio

Upvote 0
Or if then by CB's definition they have neither purchased, nor currently own tokens, then they revert back to grey.
It's like this.

Upvote 0

I answered this above.
Only people who have purchased tokens do not turn back to grey. So models who have never purchased any, but are tipped them will always go back to grey as soon as they get rid of the last token on their account. If they keep hold of 1 token forever they will stay as a light blue. Everything works the same as a "user who tips", but as soon as they go to 0 tokens they will turn back to grey (after the 14 days expires). Where as with a member who has purchased tokens, they will stay light blue

CB make it more complicated than it needs to be, unfortunately.

Reactions: mika_kedi
Upvote 0

Keep in mind that the 'gear tab' settings allows users to set their username color. I keep mine on light blue (has/purchased tokens), and regardless of my spending, my username will never change colors (unless I am broadcasting, modded, or purchase a Fan club membership).

I've watched this happen in real time. My client's friends will often enter chat after they have completed their tranmission. Those that stay sometimes revert from blue (has tokens from earning them) to grey (transferred all tokens) right before our eyes. It's funny when it happens in public chat.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Reactions: blayze_noir
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.