AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

users entering and leaving the chat?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2021
Hello everybody.
yesterday I saw that in the chat I was notified of the users who came in and out (news ...).
intrigued, I went to the chat gear settings and I noticed that I could set 3 or 4 types of users that could be reported in and out, and I set "all registered users".
today, in and out users are no longer reported and that possibility of setting in the chat gear settings has disappeared ... has anyone understood why?
thanks.

You can only use that setting if you are broadcaster or a moderator.
but I AM a moderator...i was re-re-appointed this night...maybe i had to give an F5 to the browser?
i give F5 very carefully otherwise i lost all the bufferized chat...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it disappeared for you, the moderator status expired for you [again].
If you were re-appointed moderator status after this had vanished, then yes a refresh should now let you see it.

Edit:
I would personally recommend that you do not set it to ALL registered users. This will show greys entering and leaving too.
The main reason for this is, you won't then see the chat the same way as a regular user does, meaning if you're spamming chat gifs to "tip guys" and whatever else, you will spam too much because for you as a moderator the previous "tip guys" GIF will have vanished off-screen within seconds because of all the users entering & leaving. one of the worst things when a tipper sees upon entering is a wall of moderator/s having posted "tip tip tip" gifs, etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omg, how long are you a mod? don't worry it is still there. When you are just appointed as mod it doesn't appear automatically. You have to reinitiate it in the settings.

I would personally recommend that you do not set it to ALL registered users. This will show greys entering and leaving too.
The main reason for this is, you won't then see the chat the same way as a regular user does, meaning if you're spamming chat gifs to "tip guys" and whatever else, you will spam too much because for you as a moderator the previous "tip guys" GIF will have vanished off-screen within seconds because of all the users entering & leaving. one of the worst things when a tipper sees upon entering is a wall of moderator/s having posted "tip tip tip" gifs, etc
Brett's tip is best, dont use all, you will get crazy and will not see what really matters anymore. and you can use F5 to refresh, most of the relevant data is still there, chat messages are filtered out. And btw, i don't need to see all the time who is coming in the room. It's not for me to welcome them, it's the model. I only react when i'm spoken to, for the rest i do my job.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
When I am on 'mod duty' I always leave it off except for other mods or fan club, those that want to engage in the chat will do so, and the rest can do as they please.

Reactions: filigrana
Upvote 0
If it disappeared for you, the moderator status expired for you [again].
If you were re-appointed moderator status after this had vanished, then yes a refresh should now let you see it.

Edit:
your suggestion is very interesting and sensible, the fact is that in CB's chat it has very few users, while on another platform it also has 2000 (???), so for now I wanted to spend 1-2 days analyzing the flow in and out ...
then, I keep another chat session open on another browser anonymously, so I can also check what the normal user sees ...
finally, I post very little tip spam because I know it can be annoying, plus with those few users that it has no use ...

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
omg, how long are you a mod? don't worry it is still there.
that evening he had just re-appointed me moderator but that setting didn't come out ...
and you can use F5 to refresh, most of the relevant data is still there, chat messages are filtered out.
the matter of the refresh is interesting and I have to deepen it ... I realized that the F5 deletes a lot of messages in the chat buffer, I did not understand by what criteria, so I hardly ever give it because I like to have all the chat buffered above, every now and then I go up to check what this or that customer had said and to check spam bots ... I would even like to save the chats, but I still haven't found an app that works ...

Upvote 0
... I would even like to save the chats, but I still haven't found an app that works ...
I save my PMs and occasionally a weird public chat. I copy and paste. If you paste to Notepad or equivalent, you will see code for the gifs. If you paste to Word, you will see an image of the gif, but lose the underlying code.

Upvote 0
As a model, I don't get worried about all the users. Only the ones who show up in purple and are the big spenders are going to get the most attention. Most gray users end up getting kicked off for making demands and being rude.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I realized that the F5 deletes a lot of messages in the chat buffer, I did not understand by what criteria, so I hardly ever give it because
When you refresh, the filter seems to be based on a fuzzy logic consisting in showing few conversation lines and, if any, few tips. It's only useful to show to a new user that the room 'is living' and gives no big interest for a normal use. The only interesting thing can be to see what said this user, that somebody just silenced, before it disappeared from chat, but it seems that CB fixed it.
Also, when the chat has been very chatty, you have to refresh to lighten the browser (say every hour or so)

for now I wanted to spend 1-2 days analyzing the flow in and out ...
This can be interesting for the model, but not every day)
Checking if each one stays for seconds or minutes gives a significant indication on the show. It influences directly the total viewers of the room, principally being a flow than a static observation. But it's more important for all to stay concentrated on what's happening really in the visible chat because it's what the viewers see (this and the model ofc). Some mods use it to great friends as soon they enter... but I think that it's counterproductive, they don't let them relax with the model and this is just weird. If the model does it, it can be better accepted.

though.. if you see entering somebody called ie 'im_trolling_ugly_BBs', you can be fast to silent before he types one single word ^^

Upvote 0
I save my PMs and occasionally a weird public chat. I copy and paste. If you paste to Notepad or equivalent, you will see code for the gifs. If you paste to Word, you will see an image of the gif, but lose the underlying code.
Also. if you copy and paste, you will need to do it frequently. Just had a look and could scroll up a bit over 800 lines before the older messages were gone.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.