AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Video conversion problem

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessi

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
May 17, 2011
Twitter Username
@JessiDeer
MFC Username
JessiDeer
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/43191/JessiDeer/
My HD camcorder records in .MTS format. (1920x1080)
When I try to convert to mpeg 4 I end up with a video that is clear, but has a bar like effect going across it. Should I try a different format ? AVI seems pretty standard but super lossy. I dont mind switching to a smaller size but I at least want to keep some high quality. Could it be a problem with my conversion software? I use Format Factory.
Thanks!

Update:
Tried an .avi instead. The problem persists, but its solved by viewing it on a larger display. So basically, it looks wonky because its so big and Im trying to view it on a small screen (my laptop).
This doesnt really solve the issue for people who dont have big monitors though

screencap of the bar thing might help, or might not, but "bar thing" is kinda vague :p

Again, this is only an issue when viewing on my 15" laptop screen. If I drag the video to the 30" monitor, its not a problem at all. So I know the video isnt flawed, its an issue with resolution. Should I resize the video? I dont want to lose quality but I want people with monitors big and small to enjoy my p0rnz :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 84
It looks a little like your compression level maybe. The way you say it happens when you move makes it sound like that as well. Video encoders cheat to make file sizes smaller and it often shows up when there is movement or complex things like fire on screen.

I am a little strange in looking at the video itself and not just the content of it. Most people will not notice because they will be watching you do your thing.

Shaun__ said:
It looks a little like your compression level maybe. The way you say it happens when you move makes it sound like that as well. Video encoders cheat to make file sizes smaller and it often shows up when there is movement or complex things like fire on screen.

I am a little strange in looking at the video itself and not just the content of it. Most people will not notice because they will be watching you do your thing.

It gets pretty bad when theres a lot of motion- which there is hehe.
Do you know how to solve the issue?
So far Ive done .mts>avi and .mts>mp4 at the same resolution
And again - the problem only happens when viewing on a small monitor, its perfect on a big one

Jessi said:
Shaun__ said:

And again - the problem only happens when viewing on a small monitor, its perfect on a big one

I am assuming both of the monitors are connected to the same computer.

I am not an expert or even good at this, but the only way I know is to go into your settings and reduce your compression level your codec is using. This is going to make your file size get huge though. You may have to decide if you want a one gig file size that looks perfect or a five hundred meg file with some lines.

I'm no expert, but avi and mp4 are file formats, usually called "containers". I believe your problem may be in the codec used and/or the resolution. For this video, yes, you probably need to bring down the resolution. For future videos, I would not shoot it at true HD. Check your camera settings to see what choices your have. And yes, you need to strike a balance between quality and file size.

This forum has been very helpful to me in the past: http://www.videohelp.com/guides

All kinds of help and instructions with file conversions, and codecs and formats.

Good luck!

schlmoe said:
I'm no expert, but avi and mp4 are file formats, usually called "containers". I believe your problem may be in the codec used and/or the resolution. For this video, yes, you probably need to bring down the resolution. For future videos, I would not shoot it at true HD. Check your camera settings to see what choices your have. And yes, you need to strike a balance between quality and file size.

This forum has been very helpful to me in the past: http://www.videohelp.com/guides

All kinds of help and instructions with file conversions, and codecs and formats.

Good luck!

A yes, good ol videohelp.com. I have been diddling around on there, lots of great avidemux tutorials

Jessi said:
Shaun__ said:

I'm guessing they're different types of monitors? One LCD, smaller one LED? Smaller one have/set to a lower refresh rate?

Jupiter551 said:
I'm guessing they're different types of monitors? One LCD, smaller one LED? Smaller one have/set to a lower refresh rate?

Watch it with advice from Jup. Everything he does either ends up with snow showers, or deleted! :mrgreen:

schlmoe said:
Jupiter551 said:

Watch it with advice from Jup. Everything he does either ends up with snow showers, or deleted! :mrgreen:
*shakes fist!*

My theory is that it's the monitors, some can't process pixels fast enough for HD, usually cheaper ones, often on laptops.

I have an idea how you can find out. Record another video, 30 seconds worth, nothing nude or sexual just your hand moving in front of the camera or something then put it up for download and we can report how it is on a range of monitors.

Jup they're both LCD monitors, same laptop.
I solved the problem by resizing the video to 1028x. Its still plenty big, but a resolution that will work for most people. Now Im just working on adding a watermark and Ill be good to go!

Thanks all :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.