AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Web Browsers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2011
From all the big named web browsers available: IE (Internet Explorer), Safari, Chrome (Google), Firefox, Opera.. what are you using? I just upgraded to Firefox 4 and it didn't take too long to get used to it's tabbed browsing but man this thing is fast! My main concern was it's interaction with MFC and I've gotta say, all is good and stable in the world of cam model viewing, lol.

From my experiance any of the IE explorers lag really bad on MFC. Firefox is ok, it is a little faster but still lags as well. Google chrome seems to be then best eccept for it crashes now and then.

I've never had a problem with Firefox, but I used to be a huge fan of Netscape. The only thing I like about Chrome that Firefox doesn't have is that it only closes one tab when there is a crash.

I run both, but primarily most things are on Firefox. There are a lot of sites and forums where I have to have more than one login for things, thus the two browsers.

AlexLady said:
I've never had a problem with Firefox, but I used to be a huge fan of Netscape. The only thing I like about Chrome that Firefox doesn't have is that it only closes one tab when there is a crash.

I run both, but primarily most things are on Firefox. There are a lot of sites and forums where I have to have more than one login for things, thus the two browsers.

Pretty sure firefox 4 only crashes 1 tab now. Also, when something like flash crashes you don't have to restart the browser anymore.

barman07 said:
Pretty sure firefox 4 only crashes 1 tab now. Also, when something like flash crashes you don't have to restart the browser anymore.

This... happy days are here again with Firefox 4.

I use firefox. IE if I want to look in as a guest or an off-account.

Firefox4 is trying way to hard to be Chrome.

Chrome is still friggin awesome.

Rockmelt was my favorite, then it started crashing every 30 minutes when you use it.

Jebbaz said:
Firefox4 is trying way to hard to be Chrome.

Chrome is still friggin awesome.

Rockmelt was my favorite, then it started crashing every 30 minutes when you use it.

Chrome definitely hogs memory and CPU. I've had to force shutdown Chrome's renderer several times in the past couple of months.

Normally I use Iron, especially for MFC, but also Firefox, since Iron occasionally has a problem with my webcam on this one site. The one thing that Firefox does best, in my experience, is log me on automatically on certain websites, which the Chrome-based browsers don't always do so well.

Internet Explore is made by Microsoft.
Safari is made by Apple.
Opera is made by Opera Software ASA.
Iron is made by SRWare.
Chrome is made by Google.
Firefox is made by Mozilla.
There are others (Maxthon, Avant, SeaMonkey, Amaya, Flock, K-Meleon, etc) and they are all made by companies other than Microsoft or the ones listed above.

Hope that clears things up.

LOL.

I have Internet Explorer 9, Firefox, Google Chrome, Rockbelt, ans Safari! I mostly use Firefox but switch over to Chrome when my twitter isn't updating like it should for whatever reason. Recently had to start using Firefox for twitter because the api with everyone's tweets as well as who I'm following and my followers isn't showing up for some very strange reason.

Using Firefox - I just can't seem to use anything else.
Also have Chrome installed, but love hate relationship. I find it's fairly rigid pre-settings an utter pain in the ass, compared to Firefox.
I have IE 9 installed, because I have Windows. I only use it if neither of the other two are suitable (we have Microsoft Exchange server for email, so full functionality for webmail is only realised with Internet Explorer).

For those who think Firefox is a Chrome copy, or the other way around (talking about features/looks) - then take a look at Opera. Virtually everything you see, including layouts and style, came from Opera. Opera did it first ;)
Whilst I have Opera installed, I still just don't use/like it as much as Firefox or Chrome :D

Is it just me, or does anyone else have chat scrolling issues in any of these browsers?

In many instances in both chrome and firefox the chat likes to jump back and will never stay at the end, no matter how many times I scroll down. it gets so annoying and makes it worthless to even try chatting.

barman07 said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else have chat scrolling issues in any of these browsers?

In many instances in both chrome and firefox the chat likes to jump back and will never stay at the end, no matter how many times I scroll down. it gets so annoying and makes it worthless to even try chatting.

It happens, but not all the time. Seems to happen most frequently when a models topic appears...

Zoomer said:
barman07 said:

It happens, but not all the time. Seems to happen most frequently when a models topic appears...

i used to notice it happen a lot with emoticons, but now i see it happen all the time

I decided to install Safari for windows - see how it fairs :D

Last time I tried this was when Safari was in Beta and crashed whenever it could (literally, never even got to visit a single website without a crash). Obviously it's past that stage, so see how it goes. I remember them insisting on keeping the Apple way of doing things - so close etc was on the "wrong" side of the screen to conventional windows programs :D

*edit* Looks good at the moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.