AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What Am I Doing Wrong?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah_Sparkle

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 12, 2017
Twitter Username
@SexyEroticSarah
MFC Username
Sarah_Sparkle
Streamate Username
Sexy_Erotic_Sarah
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/675857/Sarah-Sparkle/
I am still kinda new on MFC and I cant figure out how to get anyone to come into my room and then to stay and actually participate!

I try talking, dancing, teasing, offering prizes, ect. and still NOTHING. I am starting to get really discouraged :/

If anyone can come into my room and check me out I am online now. Models or customers welcome!
Any advice is very much appreciated!

Try more sites! You might do better on others.

Try more sites! You might do better on others.
Yeah I've been on SM for over 3 years and I'm just over it. I really like the style of MFC and I see a lot of potential. Its just getting people in my room and getting regulars has been a challenge. But thanks!

This is honestly the hardest question for anyone to answer. Mostly b/c there is no perfect answer. My best advice, and what worked best for me, is ignore your camscore (hide it) and grit your teeth and stay online through the slow times. Minimum I always hear is to stay online for 3 hours, but honestly as a newish model on MFC I'd say stay on even longer. A few nights ago it was super slow for the first few hours. I'd only barely gotten my top off in 4hrs, then around hour 6 everything changed. A few regulars showed up and a couple other tippers and my countdowns started disappearing as quick as I could put them up. I ended up doing a cumshow with almost 600 people in my room! I've never had more than 200. If I'd have logged off 3-4 hours into it that would have never happened.

You have to stay online for people to find you. It sucks, and it takes time, but if you stay online eventually more and more people will start to become regulars of yours. I used to sign online to dead rooms all the time, then it turned into having 15 people, then 30, now I sit around 50 on avg. Stay online, try to stay positive and eventually you'll build a room of people, it just takes time.

I tried a few other sites, but I really wanted to succeed on MFC b/c I liked the community aspect of the chatrooms. So that's where I put my energy and it's paid off, just like it will with you!

But srsly, hide your camscore and just focus on being online for extended shifts. My camscore got down to 700 and I brought it back up to 2800. (It's at 2k right now b/c I'm doing a mega month and working a lot of 11hr days)

This is honestly the hardest question for anyone to answer. Mostly b/c there is no perfect answer. My best advice, and what worked best for me, is ignore your camscore (hide it) and grit your teeth and stay online through the slow times. Minimum I always hear is to stay online for 3 hours, but honestly as a newish model on MFC I'd say stay on even longer. A few nights ago it was super slow for the first few hours. I'd only barely gotten my top off in 4hrs, then around hour 6 everything changed. A few regulars showed up and a couple other tippers and my countdowns started disappearing as quick as I could put them up. I ended up doing a cumshow with almost 600 people in my room! I've never had more than 200. If I'd have logged off 3-4 hours into it that would have never happened.

You have to stay online for people to find you. It sucks, and it takes time, but if you stay online eventually more and more people will start to become regulars of yours. I used to sign online to dead rooms all the time, then it turned into having 15 people, then 30, now I sit around 50 on avg. Stay online, try to stay positive and eventually you'll build a room of people, it just takes time.

I tried a few other sites, but I really wanted to succeed on MFC b/c I liked the community aspect of the chatrooms. So that's where I put my energy and it's paid off, just like it will with you!

But srsly, hide your camscore and just focus on being online for extended shifts. My camscore got down to 700 and I brought it back up to 2800. (It's at 2k right now b/c I'm doing a mega month and working a lot of 11hr days)
Thank you thank you! That is seriously so encouraging! I will try my hardest not to trip about the camscore. Its so intimidating though like grrrrr....I also know that I'm gonna have to work way harder cuz I am going to Eclipse this coming week and so I'll be gone for about 10 days which is totally not good for building my regs so I'm kind of nervous about that. I've watched your cam a few times and I love love love your style! If we lived close I feel like we'd be friends lol!
One other question though, how do you stare at a screen for hours and hours without getting a headache. I have found that after 5 hours I start getting a horrible migraine and cant cam any longer.

Reactions: BraisleeAdams
I believe getting a good conversation going in the room is something that can help you a little bit with the problems you expressed.

I hope you do not get too discouraged about being away from MFC for so long. Yes, going away for 10 days does not help to build your base of members. But, try to think of the positive side of things. When you return from your eclipse tour, you will have a lot of cool stories! Maybe make a photo album on your profile to share a couple interesting photos of the trip.

I think quite a few other people on MFC (especially other Americans who have seen this particular eclipse) will be able to enjoy this conversation when you return.

I will also be making a trip to the path of totality. Maybe I will see you there!

• Hugs
Reactions: Sarah_Sparkle
I am going to Eclipse this coming week and so I'll be gone for about 10 days which is totally not good for building my regs so I'm kind of nervous about that....
how do you stare at a screen for hours and hours without getting a headache. I have found that after 5 hours I start getting a horrible migraine and cant cam any longer.
Yeah, leaving for awhile can definitely hurt. I lost two new decent tipping regs when I left for 2 weeks to work a festival in CO and then go to EForest. I was able to keep a few of my members tipping while I was offline which helped a ton, especially with my camscore. That's part of why I feel like the hustle won't stop for awhile I've gained and lost a lot of regs over the years so I think it's important to not get too comfortable and always be trying to get new people in.

Headaches are no joke. The laptop plus all of my bright ass lights are a head killer. A couple things I think that help me are:
-Sometimes (normally) I split my shift. So I'll work some 3-4 hours, get offline, have dinner and get back on at night
-i have my room setup where I can stand pretty far away from my lights and laptop
-i have my google chrome zoomed in so it makes the chat room bigger so it's easier to read.
-water. staying better hydrated seemed to help. I was surprised to realize how much all the sexy wiggling and hooping take out of me.
-snacking/eating in cam, kind the same as above, gotta replace that spent energy.
-i have moderately priced bong hits so people keep me smoking, lol

Sometimes they definitely still happen but it's definitely not as common as they used to be.

If we're ever in the same neck of the woods i would love to meet up!

I will second the making sure you stay on for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably more. It's a difficult call to make, but in the past I only tended to start making money after the first hour and right now that remains true. I tend to have a pretty chatty and interactive room, which used to always be above 100 in room counts though recently it's taken a lot longer for me to build those numbers up. I wonder if I am growing older and am attracting less freeloaders perhaps than when I was 20? Or maybe it's because I haven't been doing cumshows so freeloaders don't sit and lurk until I do something exciting, that's probably more likely. Recently it has also often taken a couple of hours until I start properly earning, and sometimes it's just luck of the draw who comes in. But generally I make my aims or over them. I agree that paying too much attention to camscore is counterproductive. It is worth being aware of it as it does increase your site placement, but essentially the best way to get it up is to work more hours and earn as much as you possibly can during that time. I know some girls improve their score with Skype offers or video deals. If you have great videos for sale and sell them in a bundle deal it can persuade members to tip, then once they've seen you have such good videos they're more likely to purchase more. Same with doing public cumshows if you are comfortable with that.
It is impossible to say if you are doing anything wrong or if you're just having bad luck, you may find something that works for you and it will click. Or the kind of guys who like you will find you and things will be perfect! Hang in there and keep working hard :)

I believe getting a good conversation going in the room is something that can help you a little bit with the problems you expressed.

I hope you do not get too discouraged about being away from MFC for so long. Yes, going away for 10 days does not help to build your base of members. But, try to think of the positive side of things. When you return from your eclipse tour, you will have a lot of cool stories! Maybe make a photo album on your profile to share a couple interesting photos of the trip.

I think quite a few other people on MFC (especially other Americans who have seen this particular eclipse) will be able to enjoy this conversation when you return.

I will also be making a trip to the path of totality. Maybe I will see you there!
yes that is a good idea!! Sometimes I feel like all I do is cam that its hard to talk about something super interesting hahah but I definitely have some awesome stories from my trip! Just hope that people are there to hear them and interact haha. I just got home the other day and will be getting on for the first time since I got back tonight so wish me luck! Thanks for the advice :)

Yeah, leaving for awhile can definitely hurt. I lost two new decent tipping regs when I left for 2 weeks to work a festival in CO and then go to EForest. I was able to keep a few of my members tipping while I was offline which helped a ton, especially with my camscore. That's part of why I feel like the hustle won't stop for awhile I've gained and lost a lot of regs over the years so I think it's important to not get too comfortable and always be trying to get new people in.

Headaches are no joke. The laptop plus all of my bright ass lights are a head killer. A couple things I think that help me are:
-Sometimes (normally) I split my shift. So I'll work some 3-4 hours, get offline, have dinner and get back on at night
-i have my room setup where I can stand pretty far away from my lights and laptop
-i have my google chrome zoomed in so it makes the chat room bigger so it's easier to read.
-water. staying better hydrated seemed to help. I was surprised to realize how much all the sexy wiggling and hooping take out of me.
-snacking/eating in cam, kind the same as above, gotta replace that spent energy.
-i have moderately priced bong hits so people keep me smoking, lol

Sometimes they definitely still happen but it's definitely not as common as they used to be.

If we're ever in the same neck of the woods i would love to meet up!
Yeahh I've already kinda noticed that with a few peeps. So now that I'm back I'm gonna be super consistent and stay on for my whole shift!

Thank you for all the tips on that! I also think that I might need glasses cuz I've noticed its hard for me to see things from afar but for now I'll just deal and smoke if I have to and obviously take care of my basic needs (food/water) haha even though sometimes its hard to maintain nutrition when on cam.

But for reals thanks for your well thought out reply! Yeahh let me know if you ever make it to the southwest! Theres an amazing fest here at the end of Jan called Gem & Jam, have you heard of it?

I will second the making sure you stay on for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably more. It's a difficult call to make, but in the past I only tended to start making money after the first hour and right now that remains true. I tend to have a pretty chatty and interactive room, which used to always be above 100 in room counts though recently it's taken a lot longer for me to build those numbers up. I wonder if I am growing older and am attracting less freeloaders perhaps than when I was 20? Or maybe it's because I haven't been doing cumshows so freeloaders don't sit and lurk until I do something exciting, that's probably more likely. Recently it has also often taken a couple of hours until I start properly earning, and sometimes it's just luck of the draw who comes in. But generally I make my aims or over them. I agree that paying too much attention to camscore is counterproductive. It is worth being aware of it as it does increase your site placement, but essentially the best way to get it up is to work more hours and earn as much as you possibly can during that time. I know some girls improve their score with Skype offers or video deals. If you have great videos for sale and sell them in a bundle deal it can persuade members to tip, then once they've seen you have such good videos they're more likely to purchase more. Same with doing public cumshows if you are comfortable with that.
It is impossible to say if you are doing anything wrong or if you're just having bad luck, you may find something that works for you and it will click. Or the kind of guys who like you will find you and things will be perfect! Hang in there and keep working hard :)
Yess I will make sure to stay on for at least 3 hours no matter what but hopefully I'll be doing good enough to stay on my whole shift!
I'm sure its not cuz you're getting old, sounds to me like youve weeded out the free loaders which is so so great!

Thanks for the tips and all the encouragement. Seriously so sweet of you!

Everyone here is so supportive I love it! Heart hug to you!

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I stopped in for a few minutes last night with my perv account and boy are you cute! I enjoyed watching you dance around but I was camming so I didn't have my sound on and couldn't hear you. I was going to send you a message to say hi and let you know I was from ACF but you did not stop dancing and I felt like I would be interrupting you. I hung out for a few min but got busy before you stopped dancing! You have so much energy! I do know sometimes in my room when I get busy doing something guys are less likely to interrupt me to chat or request shows.

For the headaches you could try downloading a program to change the blue lights from your screen to red. I think the one I used to have was called iflux. And I would highly recommend those glasses. I went to walmart and the exam plus cheapo glasses cost me like $85. I don't usually wear them on cam but when I do, I am like wow I can see!!!!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Striker44
For the headaches you could try downloading a program to change the blue lights from your screen to red. I think the one I used to have was called iflux.
Omg this is amazing. I just downloaded it because my eyes tend to be sensitive to light and I'm two minutes in to playing around with it and I'm already freaking out. Yesss, my poor eyes will be so happy! Thank you!

Your post - and especially the example with the six hour shift - was really helpful. How important is it that this be a single continuous six+ hour shift? How did your six hour shift break down in terms of activity and how many breaks and how long were the breaks?

What I have noticed with some models is that they constantly interrupt their shows and disappear, without explanation or warning. They will build an audience, and the show is interesting, but then they disappear for 30 minutes and basically have to rebuild from scratch. That pattern just repeats over and over, so they never actually have any continuity to the show, and it always becomes small audiences that then disappear at the next break. Sometimes the model is having technical problems. Sometimes she might just need a lot of breaks. Sometimes she might be doing privates on another site. But my sense of things is that these frequent unexpected breaks really hurt the audience building process, and this is particularly true for new models who might only have 10 people in their audience. They never get to any critical threshold.

Hi, everyone. I don't know where I should be posting, but here I go!

I'm a non-explicit model and I guess I don't really know what I'm doing. I've cammed before, on CB but now I'm on MFC years later, after 3 years membering and supporting models. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do any explicit content or shows, as they make personally uncomfortable. I have dice, a chance box, and a comprehensive tip menu. But I also signed up in July-ish as a model, and didn't start camming until January. My room count never goes over 10 people (guests and charlesbot included) I feel like giving up. I just don't know how to be interesting and still be myself. I'm trying to be as genuine as I can. The other day I cammed for 5 straight hours with only 3 talkers and NO tippers. I'm just getting really discouraged.

I usually cam for 3-4 hours at a time almost 3 times a day-night. My tip options are low, med, and high.

I'm so stuck. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to quit like I quit everything else.

There, I bared my soul. Feel free to destroy me.

• Hugs
Reactions: H0twife420

I'm a non-explicit model and I guess I don't really know what I'm doing. I've cammed before, on CB but now I'm on MFC years later, after 3 years membering and supporting models. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do any explicit content or shows, as they make personally uncomfortable. I have dice, a chance box, and a comprehensive tip menu. But I also signed up in July-ish as a model, and didn't start camming until January. My room count never goes over 10 people (guests and charlesbot included) I feel like giving up. I just don't know how to be interesting and still be myself. I'm trying to be as genuine as I can. The other day I cammed for 5 straight hours with only 3 talkers and NO tippers. I'm just getting really discouraged.

I usually cam for 3-4 hours at a time almost 3 times a day-night. My tip options are low, med, and high.

I'm so stuck. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to quit like I quit everything else.

Cammin as a non explicit model is extremly difficult on an already difficult site to cam on. You may do better off focusing on fetish content and such seeing as many of your tip options are focused on things that may do well in the fetish realm. You have a look that is defs out of the norm for MFC and that's honestly also going to work against you IMO. Personally I wouldn't do the raffle without a large following because your raffling physical goods so you are likely to lose money.

I went into your room and at the time you were like fixing something I guess because for a while all I could see was the top of your head. lol. Once whatever was fixed I noticed that you had a cluttered desk to one side and a bunch of stuff on a chair behind you.It's a bit distracting and didn't make me want to watch ... but like I hate clutter. All I could focus on was that paper twel flapping in the breeze. so could just be me. You were really engaging with the room while I was there which was super nice and a strength if you're going the non explicit route. Like you kept the conversation going and that was so nice, in a lot of emptier rooms it's rare to see. While you are super engaging. and that was nice some of the things you talked about I would have asked for a tip for - any sexual experience with girls, talk about your body, showing your body bra whatevs, sex stories, any personal info or stories that someone could be getting off to you could be getting tipped for. Ask for it, you deserve it and if youre wanting to be non explicit they need to tip for those non explicit activities that you are entertaining them with. I don't think once while I was in your room you asked for a tip. I know it's hard but you need to verbally remind your room to tip. Don't engage in certain things, youre entertaining, make them tip.

@Magnolia might be able to give you some advice.

Cammin as a non explicit model is extremly difficult on an already difficult site to cam on. You may do better off focusing on fetish content and such seeing as many of your tip options are focused on things that may do well in the fetish realm. You have a look that is defs out of the norm for MFC and that's honestly also going to work against you IMO. Personally I wouldn't do the raffle without a large following because your raffling physical goods so you are likely to lose money.

I went into your room and at the time you were like fixing something I guess because for a while all I could see was the top of your head. lol. Once whatever was fixed I noticed that you had a cluttered desk to one side and a bunch of stuff on a chair behind you.It's a bit distracting and didn't make me want to watch ... but like I hate clutter. All I could focus on was that paper twel flapping in the breeze. so could just be me. You were really engaging with the room while I was there which was super nice and a strength if you're going the non explicit route. Like you kept the conversation going and that was so nice, in a lot of emptier rooms it's rare to see. While you are super engaging. and that was nice some of the things you talked about I would have asked for a tip for - any sexual experience with girls, talk about your body, showing your body bra whatevs, sex stories, any personal info or stories that someone could be getting off to you could be getting tipped for. Ask for it, you deserve it and if youre wanting to be non explicit they need to tip for those non explicit activities that you are entertaining them with. I don't think once while I was in your room you asked for a tip. I know it's hard but you need to verbally remind your room to tip. Don't engage in certain things, youre entertaining, make them tip.

WOW this is really amazing advice for myself as well - thanks! - also hi ELEVEN! (whoahhh camception to the max happening right now.)
I feel like when my room is super quiet I just talk to myself (or scream in to the void as I like to say) but I don't really think it's appealing to many people. Also I never ask anyone to tip unless they have a specific request and have no idea how to but this makes me feel like I need to figure it out.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam

Oh my goodness, Serenity, Tea, ask you asked to be called ... thanks for coming in my room. And thank you so much for the very honest response. I really appreciate your honesty. I know i'm a clutterbug, it's one of my flaws. But I'll try to do better. I've been a member for the last 3 years, a very broke member, so i personally hate when models ask for tips. It always made me feel guilty not being able to tip, it turned me off from models' rooms. I really really really really DO NOT want to ask for tips. Usually i lay it out, like, "you don't have to tip, but i like tips" or something like that idk i just am happy talking to people.

But maybe MFC isn't a good fit? I guess I could check out Streamate, but I have never successfully used the site, so it'll be a challenge. goddamn i'm such a sad ass whiner. I'm only doing this for extra money so i can tip other models and i can pay things like, speeding ticket, disneyland, have a life. instead, i'm online for 6 hours for 181 tokens. this fucking sucks.

end rant.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
I really really really really DO NOT want to ask for tips. Usually i lay it out, like, "you don't have to tip, but i like tips"

Unfortunately, you are NOT going to make money that way. It trains your viewers to expect freebies, and to think that they never have to tip. In addition, people who have no intention of tipping ever are going to populate your room, because, hey, look at all the free shit this chick's giving away! A site like Streamate may be a better idea, because it's standard for models to reply "tip or take me private" when asked a question, and the understanding is that it's a pay-to-play site and there's very little ability for people to freeload. I charge for everything on Streamate. Want me to take my hair down? Tip. Stand up? Tip. Smile? I was smiling, but if you want a bigger smile, tip. Blow a kiss? Tip. Show my armpits? Tip. Feet bb? Tip. Show x piece of clothing that does it for them? Tip. About 60% of the time, they do actually tip or go private when I remind them, 39% just leave because they're not getting the freebie they were trying to weasel out of me, and 1% whine about how they deserve freebies because reasons. If they go on with the the "show x and I tip after", "show x and I go private", or "I want to get to know you," it's ban-time. "mmmmmmm hot bb show ass" doesn't pay my bills, paying to see my ass does.

I remind folks politely but firmly that everything they're asking has a price.
"Sure, I'll absolutely stand up for you, for 1 Gold"
"I'll be more than happy to show you my ass for 5 Gold"
"I would love to model high heels for you in private"
I say this all in my cheery customer service voice, often referencing that the price for their request is listed in my topic, and it's hard for them to get mad at me pointing out what they've already read upon entering my room.

I agree with @SaffronBurke. When I first started camming I was too shy and afraid to ask for tips and it reflected in my earnings (or lack of lol). I HATED having guys come into my room, park it there and say things like "I love how you are so cool and don't beg for tokens like other girls" or "you're not like those other token whores" (gross that they act like that...yet...never give me tokens either or valued my time as a camgirl) What they really mean is "I can freeload here without you calling me out". I've since moved on from token sites and make my living on SM. They tip for everything. Stand up, show feet, show the finger-literally make them pay for every little thing.

There is a big market for all sorts of fetishes that don't have to be fully explicit @eleveneleven47. I noticed in your MFC tags that you smoke cigs that could for sure be a paid show waiting to happen on SM or vids to sell on clips4sale :)

@eleveneleven47 I just took a look at your profile and the picture of the gymnastics kid with her legs bent back over her head is really creepy. Even if its just a stock photo that kid looks around 13ish and I don't think pictures of kids belong on a site like MFC. If I was browsing and saw that on a profile I would nope straight out of that room immediately.

@eleveneleven47Even if its just a stock photo that kid looks around 13ish and I don't think pictures of kids belong on a site like MFC.

This.

MFC TOS said:
We take a strong and definite stand against child pornography and only permit visual media of consenting adults for consenting adults.
Pretty sure that 13yo girl doesn't meet the standard of "consenting adult"... I'd be getting rid of that picture before someone complains.

I agree with @SaffronBurke. When I first started camming I was too shy and afraid to ask for tips and it reflected in my earnings (or lack of lol). I HATED having guys come into my room, park it there and say things like "I love how you are so cool and don't beg for tokens like other girls" or "you're not like those other token whores" (gross that they act like that...yet...never give me tokens either or valued my time as a camgirl) What they really mean is "I can freeload here without you calling me out". I've since moved on from token sites and make my living on SM. They tip for everything. Stand up, show feet, show the finger-literally make them pay for every little thing.

There is a big market for all sorts of fetishes that don't have to be fully explicit @eleveneleven47. I noticed in your MFC tags that you smoke cigs that could for sure be a paid show waiting to happen on SM or vids to sell on clips4sale :)

May i ask what SM means? sorry, i am new to this

Status
Not open for further replies.