AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What anime series are you currently watching?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2010
I know there are a few anime otaku on the board, so I thought it might be nice to see what everyone was watching at the moment. I just finished watching the second Gurren Lagaan movie, and am currently in the middle of Genesis Climber Mospeada (aka Robotech: The New Generation when came out over here in the 80's) . So, what is everyone else watching?

My friend was trying to get me to watch Claymore but I find the kid too obnoxious.
I got the the second to last episode of Trinity Blood when a plot twist made me not want to finish the series.
I'm also rewatching Inu Yasha for like, the 4th time.

The kid IS obnoxious on Claymore, but I still enjoyed it. You just gotta turn your sound down and grit your teeth a little...and then it's badass.

Sort of watching Hell Girl, but not really into it. It started off cool, but I'm a bit morbid and I like to see how the people die, not just know that they do.

I was watching xxxholic, too, which had some VERY interesting episodes once I got used to the art style, but I could take it or leave it.

I really enjoyed Black Butler (I think that's what it is called...) and that's my most recent finished series.

Rosemary said:
The kid IS obnoxious on Claymore, but I still enjoyed it. You just gotta turn your sound down and grit your teeth a little...and then it's badass.

Sort of watching Hell Girl, but not really into it. It started off cool, but I'm a bit morbid and I like to see how the people die, not just know that they do.

I was watching xxxholic, too, which had some VERY interesting episodes once I got used to the art style, but I could take it or leave it.

I really enjoyed Black Butler (I think that's what it is called...) and that's my most recent finished series.
Hell Girl is a pretty good anime, but it's not one that I would put in my top 10 on my list of "Top 10 favorite animes of all time"!

I watched all of the episodes on Netflix on the PS3, and absolutely enjoyed it because of the fact that the story was pretty good except when it got into the long and drawn out storyline with Shibata Hajime, a former blackmailer, and his daughter Tsugumi which got on my nerves until I found out about Ai Enma's backstory which redeemed the storyline aspect of the first season.

I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in both the English dub and original Japanese with English subtitles. I haven't finished watching the rest of the original Japanese version with the English subtitles because of the fact that my internet connection absolutely sucks when it comes to Youtube videos that are up to or longer than half an hour.

I like it better than the original anime since it follows the story of the manga alot more!

Was watching Gurren-Lagann til the subtitles got way too fast for my damaged brain (shitty fan subs, sigh). I tend to start anime (and TV) and not finish a lot of em, even if I'm enjoying it. Like Iron Man, Wolverine, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell TV, more I'm forgetting, surely. I think the last one I actually finished was Cowboy Bebop, maybe.

And I'm waiting impatiently for the 3rd Evangelion 'remake' movie. God dammit, where is it!

I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood too! Also I'm just getting into WitchBlade :D

I think I tried getting into Witchblade. If it's the one I remember then I gave up on the second episode.

I am also watching Full Metal over again, LOL! I would rather watch something new or different, but I'm not interested in anything netflix has available atm.

Kinda wish they would show Sailor Moon (I know, I know) with the extended scouts. Never got to see those! I don't know if I'd like it just because I think I've grown out of that phase, but....I'm willing to give it a go!

Rosemary said:
Kinda wish they would show Sailor Moon (I know, I know) with the extended scouts. Never got to see those! I don't know if I'd like it just because I think I've grown out of that phase, but....I'm willing to give it a go!

Yeah same here- I know I'm not the target demographic, but I did enjoy the storyline.

Was watching Deadman Wonderland, but I need to finish that. So far it feels a bit all over the place, like Akira mixed with Prison Break and UFC.

JennieBunnyUK said:
At the moment I'm watching K-On series 2. After that I'll probably start watching Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. :p

I've seen one episode of Panty & Stocking, it was crazy, just like what Gainax is known for. I just finished Mospeada, trying to decide what series to start watching next.

Inuyasha

Death Note

Ranma 1/2

Those are the current ones Im watching

Also Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood on Adult Swim (although Bleach has become crap as of late)

ATM Season One: Original animated Transformers...thats kinda anime right? LOL

Well, I finally finished Mospeada, I'm thinking about Orguss now, another classic mecha series, I've seen the first 9 or so episodes, but I'm going to start over since it's been so long since I watched it last.

There, now you guys have a reason to watch Macross- huge explosions, rain of hundreds of missles being fired at once, etc. :D

(don't worry, there's a good story there too)

Oh boy, other otaku! :D

I'm currently watching:

popotan, xxxHolic (i cosplay from it actually), neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop, trigun, last exile, queen's blade (for people who love perverted anime, watch this...), samurai champloo, magical shopping arcade abenobashi, flcl (for the 10000 time), elfen lied, and girls bravo.

My collection is HUGE. I have a book shelf full of dvds, figures, artbooks, etc. I also have an even larger collection of manga. If you ever need a recommendation for a good series just let me know what genre you like and i'll hook you up :thumbleft:

Reactions: nerdguy
Peccato said:
Oh boy, other otaku! :D

I'm currently watching:

popotan, xxxHolic (i cosplay from it actually), neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop, trigun, last exile, queen's blade (for people who love perverted anime, watch this...), samurai champloo, magical shopping arcade abenobashi, flcl (for the 10000 time), elfen lied, and girls bravo.

My collection is HUGE. I have a book shelf full of dvds, figures, artbooks, etc. I also have an even larger collection of manga. If you ever need a recommendation for a good series just let me know what genre you like and i'll hook you up :thumbleft:

Nice, I'm jealous. I actually got my first artbook for my bday- Macross: Valkyries- the Second Sortie , the paintings are really good in it.

As for art books I have the one for howls moving castle, chobits, xxxHolic, tsubasa chronicles, spirited away, my neighbor totoro, and a few others.

As for my collection, actually counted today, I have 138 dvds and 237 manga. Be jealous ;D My collection is ever expanding because I know of places to get a 20 dollar dvd for 4 bucks ;D Woot.

Peccato said:
As for art books I have the one for howls moving castle, chobits, xxxHolic, tsubasa chronicles, spirited away, my neighbor totoro, and a few others.

As for my collection, actually counted today, I have 138 dvds and 237 manga. Be jealous ;D My collection is ever expanding because I know of places to get a 20 dollar dvd for 4 bucks ;D Woot.

Damn, I am then. Any paticular genre you like more than others? I'm a fan of mecha, sci fi/fantasy in general, and comedy.

Oh yeah, and currently I'm watching Transformers: The Headmasters. Technically it's an anime, basically after they ended the series in the 80's, they continued it in Japan for 3 more seasons. This is the first of their seasons.

just rewatched Karas the prophecy and revalation. own the fist of the north star episides. Watch bleach and gantz. couldn't really get into claymore.

A game I play, for some reason licensed the game out to Queens Blade. So I started watching that.
Good fights, but everything else is really just tits. I mean in the first episode the fight starts with a demon shooting acid from her tits and melting off the clothes of the other girl.

nerdguy said:
Peccato said:

Damn, I am then. Any paticular genre you like more than others? I'm a fan of mecha, sci fi/fantasy in general, and comedy.

I like mostly action/comedy, fantasy, or for some odd reason gore. Elfen lied is an amazing series, and has LOTS of blood. I also like ecchi stuff, but who doesnt ;D XD

FoxyRoxyX said:
If I loved Cowboy Bebop and Trigun where do I go next? Sorry to be a noob on anime wisdom.

Samurai Champloo was the next thing by the Bebop people, I believe. So that's a start.

waogo said:
FoxyRoxyX said:
If I loved Cowboy Bebop and Trigun where do I go next? Sorry to be a noob on anime wisdom.

Samurai Champloo was the next thing by the Bebop people, I believe. So that's a start.

I will totally check it out. Thanks! Did you like it at all?

FoxyRoxyX said:
waogo said:
FoxyRoxyX said:

I will totally check it out. Thanks! Did you like it at all?

I liked what I saw of it. I seem to not finish many anime, for some reason. Usually cause of too fast subtitles or something like that. I watched Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim, and still never saw it all, somehow.

Reactions: FoxyRoxyX
Status
Not open for further replies.