AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What camsite has this sound effect?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say they are stalking, so what?
Are you actually asking why people don't want to be stalked? That is the most ignorant thing I've seen in a while.

I don't get the overly protective stance when models have the power to control who contacts them and how using the ban features of most sites.
You don't get it because you're not a model, and saying that this is "overly" protective proves you can't possibly understand the measures we have to take to protect ourselves.

You don't get it because you're not a model, and saying that this is "overly" protective proves you can't possibly understand the measures we have to take to protect ourselves.
I remember one guy joking that I wasn't hot enough to invoke stalker tendencies. That was a whole new level of red flag.

Lets say they are stalking, so what? Why wouldn't the model be able to ban them or block them on the 2nd site? Models can block users on just about all cam sites right? Maybe someone can explain why cam models are so concerned with internet stalking. I know there's some crazy people out there but again they will eventually find the 2nd site if they're THAT motivated i.e. crazy and the model can just block them again when they do. What's the big deal on protecting site 2 from site 1 visitors even those site 1 visitors you don't want on site 2? Aside: I already acknowledge the financial response (maybe you make more on site 1) so you don't need to restate that one.

Hell of an introductory post on a cam model forum, guy.

I'll take 'Things A Guy Who's Never Worked In The Adult Industry Would Say' for $200, Alex! When you've had a dude from high school text your phone trying to reconnect like 'ole buddies...after you've had to block him on various adult platforms...and after he'd made a creepy-ass Photobucket photo album of you...then come back on here and spout off this "What's the big deal, models?" bullshit.

And I think the point is that even though we're free to ban who we want, we'd like it to not even get to that point in the first place...and for the unwanted creeps to not make their way into our chatroom at all. 🤷‍♀️ We'd prefer to not have to spend our work time (when we're supposed to be all smiles...and sexy...and fun for you dudes) banning persistent, creepy members who choose to "try, try again." A phrase that's been taught to little boys (and girls) growing up...but can sometimes be problematic in certain situations.

Hell of an introductory post on a cam model forum, guy.

I'll take 'Things A Guy Who's Never Worked In The Adult Industry Would Say' for $200, Alex! When you've had a dude from high school text your phone trying to reconnect like 'ole buddies...after you've had to block him on various adult platforms...and after he'd made a creepy-ass Photobucket photo album of you...then come back on here and spout off this "What's the big deal, models?" bullshit.

And I think the point is that even though we're free to ban who we want, we'd like it to not even get to that point in the first place...and for the unwanted creeps to not make their way into our chatroom at all. 🤷‍♀️ We'd prefer to not have to spend our work time (when we're supposed to be all smiles...and sexy...and fun for you dudes) banning persistent, creepy members who choose to "try, try again." A phrase that's been taught to little boys (and girls) growing up...but can sometimes be problematic in certain situations.
It's like these guys have never seen a single episode of Forensic Files.

Just curious but can you point out which point you disagree with? I said quite a lot.
That would require me to read what you wrote again and I refuse to read stupid things twice, so no, I can't point it out. Let's just assume it's everything. I'm pretty sure it's everything.

Lets say they are stalking, so what?
Tell me you do not truly understand what stalking is without telling me.... blah blah.

Why wouldn't the model be able to ban them or block them on the 2nd site? Models can block users on just about all cam sites right?
But they should not *have to* do this again and again.

Everyone is entitled to have a safe working environment.

Lets say they are stalking, so what? Why wouldn't the model be able to ban them or block them on the 2nd site? Models can block users on just about all cam sites right? Maybe someone can explain why cam models are so concerned with internet stalking. I know there's some crazy people out there but again they will eventually find the 2nd site if they're THAT motivated i.e. crazy and the model can just block them again when they do. What's the big deal on protecting site 2 from site 1 visitors even those site 1 visitors you don't want on site 2? Aside: I already acknowledge the financial response (maybe you make more on site 1) so you don't need to restate that one.
Keep in mind I'm not trying to win a popularity contest here. I know what I'm saying may be perceived as quite controversial. But there's real reasons people want to know site 2 that have been stated. Site 2 could be cheaper for the users, could have a better interface, could have more options like spying that could actually yield the stated model a long term contributor if the user likes what they see. A lot of cam sites also ban models from discussing their other sites. The belief seems to be that models will still reach out violating rules but I've seen the opposite. Models generally follow the rules and do not discuss other sites. Overall there's a lot of counters to this whole stalking line of responses so I'm just trying to elicit real and well developed responses from those who continually use them. Put into your own words why you won't tell others about site 2. It's not like site 2 isn't just another popular cam site with similar problems (stalking, account creations to avoid bans, similar pricing structures, rude entitled users, etc) as site 1... I'd also highlight that cam stalking is not congruent to in person stalking. Models can block users, whereas in person stalking is much more difficult to eliminate and much more dangerous. Again I don't see what the big deal is but there are likely real reasons for your stances so please respond with them instead of short responses saying I'm just wrong, restating the obvious that stalking exists or automatically calling someone who asks these kinds of questions a stalker. Please also highlight how the recognizable sounds aren't ultimately going to lead the stalker to the model's site 2 anyway...

Last edited:
Models can block users, whereas in person stalking is much more difficult to eliminate and much more dangerous.
There was a user on this site at one point who admitted to using information he gleaned from tracking the model across different sites and social media to locate her in real life. Someone who stalked me online contacted my employers, my friends, and my family. You're creating a division between online stalking and in person stalking that does not exist.

Tell me you do not truly understand what stalking is without telling me.... blah blah.

But they should not *have to* do this again and again.

Everyone is entitled to have a safe working environment.
#1 Stalking is self-explanatory but I will continue to cite the differences between visiting an internet site and meeting a model in person. The two are not the same, the dangers are not the same, hence the benefits of the cam economy over your local strip joint.
#2 If the person is on site 1, they can do it on site 1 as much as they can do it on site 2. The person can avoid a ban by creating a new account unless the ban is IP level. Again this line of questioning is about the knee jerk response of delaying a person from locating site 2, not about the obvious problem of stalking and it's effects. I'd actually say you're not removing the effects by delaying the potential stalker, you're just delaying the potential stalker based on an assumption that they are a stalker and stalkers are dangerous. I'm not automatically accepting either assumption.
#3 I agree people are entitled to a safe working environment and that's why there's a ban function. Models can control the terms they interact with users. Again I'm not saying stalking is good, I'm saying cam sites are doing pretty well at placing the power in model's hands on who they will continue to interact with. It's their choice. If someone tries to violate that, ban them. If they keep dodging bans get their ip address banned. Internet camming isn't the healthiest social environment, I get this, but I've yet to see someone clearly articulate the dangers of this particular issue.

There was a user on this site at one point who admitted to using information he gleaned from tracking the model across different sites and social media to locate her in real life. Someone who stalked me online contacted my employers, my friends, and my family. You're creating a division between online stalking and in person stalking that does not exist.
That's a compelling reason, far more compelling than some I've heard. I've actually thought of this reason, hackers do the very same thing to many people in social engineering attacks and I was waiting for someone to state it. But take note that it supports my retort that a true stalker is far more motivated than the casual users that are turned away by not being told site 2 immediately. A true stalker will ultimately find out. The issue is that site 2's tip sounds can be heard on site 1 and will eventually lead the person to site 2. Basically I'm saying you're delaying the inevitable. It's a legitimate stance that can be assumed from your response that you're taking yourself out of that equation by not assisting the potential stalker. That's a great retort and a legitimate response. Any more reasons people want to articulate?

Last edited:
#1 Stalking is self-explanatory but I will continue to cite the differences between visiting an internet site and meeting a model in person. The two are not the same, the dangers are not the same, hence the benefits of the cam economy over your local strip joint.
#2 If the person is on site 1, they can do it on site 1 as much as they can do it on site 2. The person can avoid a ban by creating a new account unless the ban is IP level. Again this line of questioning is about the knee jerk response of delaying a person from locating site 2, not about the obvious problem of stalking and it's effects. I'd actually say you're not removing the effects by delaying the potential stalker, you're just delaying the potential stalker based on an assumption that they are a stalker and stalkers are dangerous. I'm not automatically accepting either assumption.
#3 I agree people are entitled to a safe working environment and that's why there's a ban function. Models can control the terms they interact with users. Again I'm not saying stalking is good, I'm saying cam sites are doing pretty well at placing the power in model's hands on who they will continue to interact with. It's their choice. If someone tries to violate that, ban them. If they keep dodging bans get their ip address banned. Internet camming isn't the healthiest social environment, I get this, but I've yet to see someone clearly articulate the dangers of this particular issue.

What a strange hill to die on.

Maybe if a person is trying to be careful, just accept that they have their own reasons and refrain from grilling them on whether their worries are valid?

Maybe models are entitled to act on their instincts without providing a provable trail of breadcrumbs first?

Maybe this very type of badgering is a great exhibit for why a model might want to compartmentalize their visitors on one site or the other? Maybe models have personal experience they don’t feel like sharing with Random Dude On Internet just to prove themselves to him?

Are you actually asking why people don't want to be stalked? That is the most ignorant thing I've seen in a while.
No, not at all. I'm saying several things.

#1 This is only effective against casual users. Real stalkers will follow those tip sounds to site #2.
#2 I'm saying models can ban users which takes a lot of teeth out of internet stalking.
#3 I'm saying not everyone who asks these kinds of questions is a stalker, there's legitimate reasons for asking these questions and it seems like the automatic response on this site is that the person is a stalker, go away.
#4 Site 2 isn't some revolutionary safe place, it's another public cam site, etc

This is just some of what I'm saying. It's a very nuanced argument.

#1 This is only effective against casual users. Real stalkers will follow those tip sounds to site #2.
#2 I'm saying models can ban users which takes a lot of teeth out of internet stalking.
#3 I'm saying not everyone who asks these kinds of questions is a stalker, there's legitimate reasons for asking these questions and it seems like the automatic response on this site is that the person is a stalker, go away.
#4 Site 2 isn't some revolutionary safe place, it's another public cam site, etc

Seems like you already know so much, so why are you asking us?

You asked models, they gave you the answers. Up to you whether to believe it or not.

When you become a model you're free to take whatever measures you think are best for you. There's really not much to discuss here and we don't have to prove anything to you.

What a strange hill to die on.

Maybe if a person is trying to be careful, just accept that they have their own reasons and refrain from grilling them on whether their worries are valid?

Maybe models are entitled to act on their instincts without providing a provable trail of breadcrumbs first?

Maybe this very type of badgering is a great exhibit for why a model might want to compartmentalize their visitors on one site or the other? Maybe models have personal experience they don’t feel like sharing with Random Dude On Internet just to prove themselves to him?
Models can do what they want. I'm not grilling them on their personal worries. I'm running counter to the whole notion that this is only about stalking. There's real financial incentives present I've mentioned. This isn't a person asking a model what their second cam site is. It's a person asking what a random model's 2nd cam site is based on sounds they're hearing during a live chat. They're not even asking for their cam name, just the site that they keep hearing in the background. The person still has access to chat 1 and wants to know chat 2's website. It's not a confirmed stalker, and there's reasons a person might want to engage the model on chat 2 instead of chat 1, if the model even has a similar username across both sites and can be easily found on both sites. And Again what's magical about site 2? Site 2 can have the same issues as public cam site 1? It's not some promise land, it's another public cam site just like site 1? The whole compartmentalization thing is ridiculous (in my opinion) unless site 2 is actually a private site and it's not. Meaning the information on site 1 is publicly available on site 2 and vice versa so you're not stopping a pro / crazy person / motivated person. FYI, I was the random casual user wondering what site 2 was in the past while enjoying live chats. It didn't take me long to realize what the random site 2 was just with additional cam site experience and with that knowledge I didn't go over to site 2 and start stalking the model. There's 100 to 1 of harmless me out there for every stalker. But I agree there's still that person who isn't harmless you're trying to fight. There's already been a partially compelling response out of this (social engineering, tracking across multiple areas which can lead to a much larger disclosure) so I think it's a worthwhile pursuit but I'm not sure interrogating and calling people asking these questions stalkers will do much to prevent the social engineering / stalking you're trying to prevent. But it removes you from the equation which could be seen as noble.

Last edited:
Seems like you already know so much, so why are you asking us?

You asked models, they gave you the answers. Up to you whether to believe it or not.

When you become a model you're free to take whatever measures you think are best for you. There's really not much to discuss here and we don't have to prove anything to you.
I ask because I want to know if there's anything new I'm not thinking about. I've been surprised before, I don't know everything.

I accepted the responses I've received so far. Not sure what you mean. I've only received one detailed response highlighting social engineering / stalking and I acknowledged it as the best response so far and a valid response. The others were just vague responses saying I'm wrong without any material discourse.

I have no plans to model, I don't think I'm attractive enough for it to be a worthwhile line of work for me. I know it's a tough line of work, not trying to make it harder for you, just trying to understand. I guarantee plenty users have similar beliefs as I. I think this has been a healthy debate so far, don't you? Maybe not...

Message repeats: Why the bloody fuck are you even arguing this?

Yet you keep contesting it.
By "it" are you referring to the premise that the only reason for all of this is preventing stalking? Is that what you mean I'm contesting? If so, you're partially right, I'm still asking for more reasons but I accepted that a large part maybe even the majority could be about stalking. To highlight why I'm still at this I'll ask you some questions... Do you think what you're doing is effective against stalking? Has the stalking problem been completely eliminated by this action? Try not to be offended by this retort. I'm only trying to highlight the efficacy portions of my argument. It's not a single lined argument.

Look, just about every model that works multiple sites has that information on their Twitter account if they want people to know or have a choice between services. If it's not there or isn't shared via DM on Twitter, then that's that and anyone trying to hunt them down on multiple platforms is problematic.

Message repeats: Why the bloody fuck are you even arguing this?
First of all these were direct responses to her retorts about another one of my statements. I was just organizing the data in simpler sentences so she could understand the structure of my response. So yes it would repeat. As for why I'm doing this... Because labeling everyone a stalker isn't productive either. Again I'm running the counter argument. Try thinking from both perspectives some times, you'll learn more than simply accepting one side over the other. You may even be moved to support the other side with better facts after losing your counter argument. Also I haven't found many sites where cam models directly can respond to users, this is a good site and a great venue for questions like these in my opinion. I'd rather hear from the models themselves than try to figure it out myself.

Look, just about every model that works multiple sites has that information on their Twitter account if they want people to know or have a choice between services. If it's not there or isn't shared via DM on Twitter, then that's that and anyone trying to hunt them down on multiple platforms is problematic.
I think this is another valid reason. Basically you're saying if they want to be located they would already have that info available through means outside of the locked cam environment. So clearly if it's missing they don't want to be located on both platforms simultaneously right? Ok, I'll accept that. It's a slightly different response from the line of responses indicating the model would simply tell the users someway even if doing so is banned on the site.

Because labeling everyone a stalker isn't productive either. Again I'm running the counter argument. Try thinking from both perspectives you'll learn more than simply accepting one side over the other. You may even be moved to support the other side with better facts after losing your counter argument.

WHAT DO YOU CARE?

This isn't a debate group, no one here invited you to come here and debate, no one gives a flying fuck about what you think and no one has to justify their choices to you.

This is what you sound like:

"I demand answers! Give me the information that I need! Explain me things!"

I'll ask you some questions...
Are you journalist? Are you writing a paper or something? Because this is not an interview. You're welcome to pay for my time and ask away though.

By "it" are you referring to the premise that the only reason for all of this is preventing stalking? Is that what you mean I'm contesting? If so, you're partially right, I'm still asking for more reasons but I accepted that a large part maybe even the majority could be about stalking. To highlight why I'm still at this I'll ask you some questions... Do you think what you're doing is effective against stalking? Has the stalking problem been completely eliminated by this action? Try not to be offended by this retort. I'm only trying to highlight the efficacy portions of my argument. It's not a single lined argument.

And now you’re constructing straw men to make your argument better. Nobody said it was the only premise. Nobody said it solved 100 percent of all stalking cases. You’re asking people to defend stances they never took. Sounds fun, but I’ll pass.

And your point about site 2 also being public can also be used to further explain why a model wouldn’t want to answer questions on this forum about different tip sounds. Maybe, as you assert, the person asking is a total saint. If he asks publicly on this forum, and a model answers publicly, then the answer is here on ACF for any number of actual, problematic stalkers to google and discover for years to come. If you don’t have to facilitate that, why would you?

Bad people will figure out how to be bad without our help, that is true. But if I know the next door neighbor is an arsonist, am I supposed to just hand him a lighter and a gas canister because “oh well, he’s gonna find one eventually anyway!” ?

I think this is another valid reason. Basically you're saying if they want to be located they would already have that info available through means outside of the locked cam environment. So clearly if it's missing they don't want to be located on both platforms simultaneously right? Ok, I'll accept that. It's a slightly different response from the line of responses indicating the model would simply tell the users someway even if doing so is banned on the site.
Correct. Twitter, Linktree, all of those things lead to other paths if we want them known. A lot of people choose vastly different names on platforms to avoid being found organically. Those that don't? Don't mind if platforms cross streams, so to speak. Any reason why is just as valid as no reason at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.