AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you collect?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
They say more than two of something is a collection. Sometimes, you do it out of genuine interest. Sometimes, you do it without realizing. Sometimes, a collection is forced upon you. So, what is it?

Books?
Digital media?
Enemies?
Interestingly-shaped root vegetables?
Nice combs?

I'm now collecting your answers.

Reactions: saturdayafternoon
I collect thermos bottles. I dont know why im doing this but i love them so much. When im traveling i always return with at least one 😅😅 Some of them have messages, other just colorful 🤭

Reactions: zippypinhead
I used to be bad with books but I have thinned that herd lol.
I collect antique/vintage cameras, gargoyles and Buddhas
Oh, and cats. Definitely cats

Storage containers..... and cardboard boxes.

Oh, wait, you meant *intentionally* collect not as a genetic "defect" ;) .... As you were folks. :oops:

Right now, nothing

I used to be a very dedicated WoW Player (in top 3 guild in the world etc) and I used to buy SO much merchandise from there, I have several moving boxes just filled with collector items from that game

I think the thing I've owned the most of might be nail polish.

But I go through phases of what kind. It used to be OPI or the Sephora branded OPI. Them Essie.Then I got into gel. Then I got into dip powders.

Now I'm obsessing over Dazzle Dry.

I’ve discarded a lot but still have a full shelf of that mix of stuffs:

IMG_5644.jpeg

Oh and I guess Rust skins are a thing I've probably spent too much money on:

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 2.48.37 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 2.48.21 PM.png

Pens…especially pretty pink ones. Lol. I was recently in a store called Hobby Lobby, and my eyes widened when I saw that they had these gorgeous pens. So I put them in my cart.

I also have way more 2024 calendars/planners than necessary. I believe I have 6 of them. Smh. And again…I love it if they’re pink (and includes stickers 😂 ).

Pens…especially pretty pink ones. Lol. I was recently in a store called Hobby Lobby, and my eyes widened when I saw that they had these gorgeous pens. So I put them in my cart.

I also have way more 2024 calendars/planners than necessary. I believe I have 6 of them. Smh. And again…I love it if they’re pink (and includes stickers 😂 ).
Do your research on Hobby Lobby and decide for yourself about giving them your money. ;)

Sorry for the thread jack.

Do your research on Hobby Lobby and decide for yourself about giving them your money. ;)

Indeed. Thanks for the heads up though. 😘

They say more than two of something is a collection. Sometimes, you do it out of genuine interest. Sometimes, you do it without realizing. Sometimes, a collection is forced upon you. So, what is it?

Books?
Digital media?
Enemies?
Interestingly-shaped root vegetables?
Nice combs?

I'm now collecting your answers.
Ex husbands.

Video games.

If I see something even remotely interesting on sale, I have to buy it. Currently, I have over 800 games in just my PS Library.

I might have a little bit of a problem.

I used to collect porcelain dolls. I left them behind when I lost my second to last apartment. I knew they would get tossed on the curb but I had no where to store them or room to take them with me. That was in 2003. In 2016, I moved back to the same area and had this nagging feeling to go hit the Good Will store for some reason. I walk to the back where the toys usually are and there on a shelf is my very first porcelain doll I ever owned. I knew it was her because I'm the one who cut her hair to look like mine. I bought it. Still need to rub some mayo on her hand to get the sharpie "price tag" off, or maybe leave it.

I’m revisiting this thread to say this real quick, and because you brought up Hobby Lobby again in Marceline’s OnlyFans thread (where you and Natural are arguing and forth)...

If you choose to boycott every company or person who has conservative/pro-life views (You’re gonna be doing a lot of boycotting), that is your prerogative. That also means that you could probably go down the list to start boycotting some of the clothing or accessory brands you use…the food brands you eat…the company you get your internet from, the T.V. shows/movies you watch, etc. etc. etc. If I did that, I wouldn’t be able to use the local public transportation to get to work…I wouldn’t have my current job…etc. As folks these days say…do you, boo.

Also this is supposed to be a fun thread, so let’s please just keep it that way. We don’t have to insert the political stuff into every thread. My break is over, so I’ll ttyl. Love ya, girl! 😘

I’m revisiting this thread to say this real quick, and because you brought up Hobby Lobby again in Marceline’s OnlyFans thread (where you and Natural are arguing and forth)...

If you choose to boycott every company or person who has conservative/pro-life views (You’re gonna be doing a lot of boycotting), that is your prerogative. That also means that you could probably go down the list to start boycotting some of the clothing or accessory brands you use…the food brands you eat…the company you get your internet from, the T.V. shows/movies you watch, etc. etc. etc. If I did that, I wouldn’t be able to use the local public transportation to get to work…I wouldn’t have my current job…etc. As folks these days say…do you, boo.

Also this is supposed to be a fun thread, so let’s please just keep it that way. We don’t have to insert the political stuff into every thread. My break is over, so I’ll ttyl. Love ya, girl! 😘
To be fair, I made this comment in this thread first before I saw the Leo stuff in the other thread. It was a knee jerk reaction because politics are weighing heavy on women's rights and this company is one of the driving forces behind it. ;) Also the only political posts I've made on the forum since last year were in these two threads. But, that said, I hear ya. :h: Hobby Lobby is the only company I boycott, for more reasons than just their pro-life stance. Or I suppose we can ask @AmberCutie to just delete this micro-interaction between us? Perhaps that's better. Harm was not my intention, merely shining a light.

I used to collect a lot of stuff before I started moving a lot, moving every 3-9 months you quickly curse the things you collected.

But to name a few:
Comics: none in perticular, just anything that had cool art or a good story arc, some notable ones were the Marvel and DC colabs that they published under Amalgam, pretty sure by the time I got rid of the collection I had the full Amalgam set. I tried getting into digital comics a while ago but its not even close to the same thing.
Movies: Before I moved to romania I was at around 3500 dvd's and vhs

Movie Posters: In the uk they had a cinema subscription (seriously the best deal ever, monthly cost was the same as 1.5 tickets and gave unlimited movies for the month, early access to others, access to premiere's and discounts on snacks) When you end up going a lot you end up knowing the staff and they used to give me the movie posters when they were done with them. Also had probably close to 500 from a video rental store that was closing down. I was actually looking for movie posters a while ago (wanted to put a couple in a frame and put them up on the wall....didnt realize how much they cost 😂 )

Records: Not as big of a collection, but had some rare albums that I found at the uk version of flea markets that I picked up cheap, was probably around the 200 range on records.

These days I seem to collect parts from when my shit breaks 😂

TBH a big part that I liked about the collecting was the stores were social hubs, now (especially here in Romania) everything seems to have moved online so its like the best aspect of the collecting (going out to the store and chatting with people, digging through crates etc) has just gone.

I wonder if all of us took our collective broken equipment and melted out the gold, would we be able to split it and profit?

I used to collect a lot of stuff before I started moving a lot, moving every 3-9 months you quickly curse the things you collected.
^^ this

I recently moved out the city and decided to be super brutal with myself in terms of what to chuck/sell just to make the process easier and free up some space. Sentimentality didn’t move with me, and I think sometimes you need to change and rebuild to create new sentiments and memories.

I did start to collect vintage football/soccer shirts/jerseys of my favourite team as a hobby during the pandemic which started taking up WAY too much wardrobe space so I decided to sell them all before the move.

I’m sure if ex-Mrs Maxi was still around she would have been thrilled to see the back of them 🤭

Nothing right now but when I had a regular 9-5 desk job I collected those little solar powered head bobbing toys. I slowly grew the collection over the years and eventually coworkers started to bring me more every time they would see one. I guess I found comfort in watching those things that never stopped working as a reminder to continue the 9-5 grind. Once I left the 9-5 grind I boxed them up in 2 large boxes and I think they are some where deep in my basement xD

I'm very transient, myself, owing to the seasonal work I do. I don't really have a place I can call a permanent home, but I do have a room at my parents' house, where at least I can drop my stuff once a year. The two primary collections I just can't seem to kick are toys and books. The room at my folks' house has two entire walls lined with bookshelves, and it isn't enough. I need more shelves. It's like 90+% picture books of some sort -- art books, graphic novels, illustrated literature, TTRPGs, etc. I can't help myself. Looking at beautiful illustrative and cartoon art is my favorite thing in the entire world to do, and as far as luxuries goes, I feel like surrounding myself with lovely books is a pretty nice one.

As for the toys, along with interesting odds and ends, I used to collect action figures, but really did have to put a pause on that because I have no room to display any of them, and keeping them packed up is depressing. That desire has quickly been filled with collecting miniatures. Tabletop gaming minis are so inexpensive and easy to find these days. I'm kinda still not used to that, tbh. That's fun, and it's even inspired me to start making my own paper miniatures. The great thing about minis is they take up far less space to display and store!. To add to the challenge of the hunt, though, I'm really starting to get into keshi figures -- little Japanese molded erasers shaped like characters. My favorite are Kinnikumon Kinkeshi, imported to America when I was a kid as M.U.S.C.L.E. I mean, look at these guys, they're just so weird and fun!

assets_8be5a791274f462fa36ba4e5344b7513_8450ea6b42814a16b37551537f00a902.jpg

I intend to get myself a big box of them for my birthday this year, and I'm totally stoked about it. Just like gaming minis have inspired me to make my own, these have inspired me to start drawing wacky characters. Maybe I'll turn them into trading cards or a zine or something. 80s and 90s kids' stuff had so many toys and things that were weird just for the sake of being weird. I miss that vibe.

I have a small collection of Tamagotchi's and Digimon. I'd say the rarest of my collection is a Japanese Ocean Tamagotchi. Finding an english one is like, the holy grail. I also used to build Gundam models, but at my current place I don't have a very good work space to do so and thus haven't built any recently.

Apparently in 1972 someone was very keen on collecting the full set of football/soccer badges from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland which I found in the closet under the stairs a few months ago. Full set!

IMG_3901.jpeg

Apparently in 1972 someone was very keen on collecting the full set of football/soccer badges from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland which I found in the closet under the stairs a few months ago. Full set!

View attachment 99231
Haha I see mine ( not that I don’t already
have it). Thanks for sharing. Awesome :)

Last time someone made thread like this I said chopsticks. I have moved on from collecting chopsticks. Now I collect packets of honey and these. They are tiny and adorable. They are made of some kind of hard polymer, which is kind of like plastic kind of like glass. It is weird.

Attachments

• IMG_3282.jpeg
    IMG_3282.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I like collecting CS2 in game skins. Some are worth hundreds of thousands (not mine lol) but it's a lot of fun and it's a game I really enjoy.

They are basically like NFT's in a sense, that can go up and down in value and you get to use them in game.

Haha I see mine ( not that I don’t already
have it). Thanks for sharing. Awesome :)

Last time someone made thread like this I said chopsticks. I have moved on from collecting chopsticks. Now I collect packets of honey and these. They are tiny and adorable. They are made of some kind of hard polymer, which is kind of like plastic kind of like glass. It is weird.
Those are some fun little guys.

Reactions: MarieElise
Oh and I guess Rust skins are a thing I've probably spent too much money on:
excited that I finally completed my "lovestruck" set since they released the gloves and boots this week :D
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 3.42.12 PM.png