AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you do when you're not feeling it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyMia

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 19, 2015
Australia
I logged on yesterday and did okay, but I wasn't feeling myself. Someone in my room kept asking why I didn't do anal and I stupidly admitted that I was put off because of a certain event when I was 17 (Rape) and of course I got emotional on cam which was a STUPID thing to do but he kept asking and I just thought fuck it I'll tell him so I PM'd him. I didn't full on cry, it was classy. I avoided breaking down so it wasn't blatantly obvious.

Anyway. I've lost my mojo. I feel depressed. Like meat, really. Should I solider on or take a day off? I'm online now and trying my best but it's a slow morning and making me feel worse.

Anyway I'm just writing this to talk to someone. It's funny how such a social job makes you feel so alone.

Have a good day! :) :hello2:

Everyone deserves to take a sick day here and there. 'Sick days' make most people think of being physically ill, but our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Sometimes sucking it up and hopping on cam can help. Other times, it can make things worse. If you're like me, you might be worried about what skipping a shift will do to your bank account... but how much money do you think you'd make if you show up feeling miserable? If you know you're not well enough to give it your all on cam, it might be a good idea to do some self-care instead.

I'm sorry you were triggered, and I hope you're feeling better now *hugs*

Lilith_Winter said:
Everyone deserves to take a sick day here and there. 'Sick days' make most people think of being physically ill, but our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Sometimes sucking it up and hopping on cam can help. Other times, it can make things worse. If you're like me, you might be worried about what skipping a shift will do to your bank account... but how much money do you think you'd make if you show up feeling miserable? If you know you're not well enough to give it your all on cam, it might be a good idea to do some self-care instead.

I'm sorry you were triggered, and I hope you're feeling better now *hugs*

Thanks a lot for your reply!
I was all set to close my laptop and take the day off but got a skype show, so I did it and I feel much better now. I guess I was just feeling negative and a bit triggered after yesterday, like you said.
Gonna stay online a little longer :)

I am feeling better thank you :h:

RubyMia said:
I logged on yesterday and did okay, but I wasn't feeling myself. Someone in my room kept asking why I didn't do anal and I stupidly admitted that I was put off because of a certain event when I was 17 (Rape) and of course I got emotional on cam which was a STUPID thing to do but he kept asking and I just thought fuck it I'll tell him so I PM'd him. I didn't full on cry, it was classy. I avoided breaking down so it wasn't blatantly obvious.

Sorry to hear that.

You don't need to give anyone answers or justify yourself, if someone says why don't you do something "because I don't want to" is more than enough

If they kept on asking I would ban them for being annoying, you shouldn't need to say more than once.

It's nice to be nice, but sadly some people don't allow you to be.

I ALWAYS ban someone who is pushy to know why I wont do certain acts.
Just saying you don't like it should be enough.
Someone who keeps pushing is nobody I would want to play with anyways so I just figure they are better off not in my room.

Ban buttons are amazing.

Usually if someone is pushy about a certain act, I ask them how they would like it if someone did that to them. Example: "You want to put your dick in my butt? Well I think it would be really hot to watch you get fucked by a gigantic 10" thick cock in your backdoor." They leave pretty quick.

Most who are pushy are looking for free dirty talk anyway, don't even give them attention. They definitely don't deserve an explanation as to why it's a sensitive topic for you.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I can't compare in any way to what you had been through that got you emotional but I have had emotional experiences myself on cam. You do get people who are pushy and people who will speak to you like you are cheap.

Please remember that regardless if someone has purchased tokens or has spent tokens on you in the past .. if anyone at all makes you feel uncomfortable in your own room you should ban them.

Dont feel guilty .. you will get new followers who appreciate you

Hope you're ok x

So sorry to hear about that, hun! I want to commend you for being a badass, & continuing your life, & also becoming a sex worker! I seriously admire that, you must be a very strong individual, which brings me to my next point: even when you're feeling miserable, you are still in control, & you are clearly someone who can move on from things (even if those things still effect you in the future). Deep breaths, remind yourself that you're here to hustle & make money, & don't forget that you're a badass!

Some people are just idiots and the fact they can be hide behind their screens brings it out even more. Like others have mentioned, you don't have to tell anyone anything if you don't want to. Someone like the member you describe should be hit with the ban hammer to be honest.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, truly. But yeah, I even have on my profile that no means NO. So you never have to over-explain yourself, or do anything you don't want to. This part is huge when working in the sex industry. As far as getting myself going when I'm not feeling it... I usually just smile, talk about a random topic, or just think about how many people are watching me, and that usually turns me on and makes me feel a little better. Also, it's also good to just log off and shut down my computer when I'm just really not in the mood, and instead relaxing or making a video to upload later. Hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.