AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you do with your money?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2011
UK
What do you do with your money? Do you invest your money in something?

This question crossed my mind many times cuz loads of people often say "if i only had 20k to open my own business". So What do you do with your money?
Do you have some end goal e.g a car, buying your own house etc. Or even setting up your own business. Or do you just fancy a wealthy/normal "current" living.
There are some models where you see what they do with their money..e.g loads of clothes, toys
or furniture or a car.Ofc there are many models who just want make a little extra money to boost there living standard.

So does anyone have any long term plans with the money earned? Considering the fact that you wont
work forever on mfc? And is there something else you do next to mfc to earn money or do you
visit any courses for a particular kind of position for your life after mfc?

(Sorry if there is already a similar post)

Haha, you probably feel like most models make a whole lot, huh?

I save what I can for emergencies, and medium-term goals. I don't really have any long term needs, and I don't think I'm dooming myself by not planning that far ahead. I'll take those steps as they come :)

Reactions: 1 person
Well, MFC pays the bills. :) Living in Los Angeles is somewhat expensive, especially being a homeowner with a mortgage and property taxes, as well as car payments/insurance. I also pay out of pocket for health insurance since MFC isn't exactly providing that. :-D Anything extra will go in savings for our future. If I am able to just "work for fun" in my future, I will take the Interior Design courses I've always dreamed of and try to get a low-key gig doing home staging or window designing. But I don't anticipate leaving camming for a different job. I don't think I could make this sort of daily/hourly income doing anything I love more than entertaining my friends on cam.

I do reinvest some of my earnings from MFC back into stuff for my shows. Blankets, pillows, outfits, games, new lighting or technology, etc. At least I get to write all that stuff off.

AmberCutie said:
Well, MFC pays the bills. :) Living in Los Angeles is somewhat expensive, especially being a homeowner with a mortgage and property taxes, as well as car payments/insurance. I also pay out of pocket for health insurance since MFC isn't exactly providing that. :-D Anything extra will go in savings for our future. If I am able to just "work for fun" in my future, I will take the Interior Design courses I've always dreamed of and try to get a low-key gig doing home staging or window designing. But I don't anticipate leaving camming for a different job. I don't think I could make this sort of daily/hourly income doing anything I love more than entertaining my friends on cam.

I do reinvest some of my earnings from MFC back into stuff for my shows. Blankets, pillows, outfits, games, new lighting or technology, etc. At least I get to write all that stuff off.

oow thats so cool! before i started this study i signed up for aanother study that provides some kinda base for home-designing and such..
its a dream i have as well.. just scared i wont be special enough to suceed in it..

lol that was off topic.. on topic: i barely make 200 a month.. so i spend it on extra things i cant afford beeing a student..
unexpected bills and such...
there are only a few models that make enough to be doing things like investing and such..
and after all.. were girls.. we need to shop and stuff haha

For me this is my business and I treat it as such. It is my only job and only source of income. My checks go into a business account and then I write myself a check and that goes to my personal account for day to day living expenses. After that a good chunck of what left goes into savings. I leave enough in the business account to cover my business expenses and anything that I may want to purchase for my business (toys, lingerie, lighting etc)...pretty much anything I can write off on my taxes.

Now you are probably left wondering what I do with the check that I write myself. I am a home owner so I also invest back into my house for simple repairs and such that every home owner has to deal with. I still drive my same old 96 Saturn that I have had since highschool but I do plan to upgrade this year with a "new to me" car. I honestly prefer to shop on ebay and buy my clothes for cheap or either on the sales rack at store like Old Navy, Charlotte Russe, and Aeropostale. Im not a big name brand type person and dont see the need to spend $100's of dollars on clothes like Gucci and Coach.

What I do like to do with my money is travel. I think this is a perk to this job. I can go anywhere I want as long as I have a place to rest my head and still work. All I need is a computer, my cam and a few toys plus internet! I am fortunate to have friends in places like Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia....So I do enjoy traveling there and spending time with them. I also save money for a few trips every year to places that I would like to go and w/out this job feel that I would not have to opportunity to do so. I guess traveling is my guilty pleasure.....

It really only pays bills for me. If I have extra money around then I might do a raffle and buy something to raffle, normally the prize costs me around 20$ I do have some really awesome friends I've made on MFC and they'll buy me things now and then, so I don't normally go shopping. If I start making more money I think I'd start paying off debt.

Reactions: CelticXkisses
I cammed while I was studying and most of that money went on living expenses plus I took 6months off for my final semester and just lived off savings and focussed on getting my degree.

Now that I'm done, I'm back into camming (and new to MFC). My earnings this month are going to paying for moving house and after that I want to start saving again! Hopefully I can get my own home soon and stop renting. That'd be a good goal!

As of right now, my fiance's income pays for the bills and my income goes towards debt. We have some debt we are really trying to power through in the next six months, so that's where all my money is going. Kind of sucks, but it will be great once the debt is paid off! And then, if I'm still camming, my income will go towards savings and fun stuff. :D

I don't earn really much in MFC, so what i do with the money is to pay bills.
If i have chance to earn more in future, i would put away some little part for charity, not because i want to be known, just too many kids who live in government shelters in my country, too many homeless animals and i feel sorry that all around are victims of corruption or cruelty.

I'm not a greedy person, so don't need too much - only one part for the bills and one part for little fun. :)

um bills lol. and overpriced coffee. when i have extra money i buy things like clothes. i bought myself a refurbished ipod and i felt like i was darned fancay lol. i dont make a 10 k a month (yet lol) i make enough to cover bills and organic food, gas , gym etc. if im lucky i can put some away for my l.a or bust savings account. in about 6 months i want to move to one of the nicer l.a apartments (the ones that look like a awesome hotel complete with gym and fancified pool)
id have more money for extras if i didnt love coke and high class call girls so much.

Right now it pays for my food and gas :-? But I have (hopefully) set aside some from one site for a stripper pole (only 50 more dollars to go!!) and I am trying to save up for a laptop so that I may start doing shows outside my camming room (which I cant get messy), and keep in contact with my boys of MGF.

I will start putting some into savings when I start making enough so that I feel comfortable enough with 50 dollars NOT going to gas.

The money I get from camming buddies up with my freelancing and I pay my rent, bills (internet, phone, hydro), school supplies (paints, paper, ink, etc), it feeds me and my cats and my gf when she visits.

I don't really have much extra money for shit, but I'm okay with that and once in a while someone will get me something off my wishlist which is neat.

I'm not very materialistic. I just like knowing I have enough money for the things I need and maybe some spare cash for the things I want from time to time.

I don't care for shopping or clothes much and my only vices are tattoos, hairdye and cigarettes and the occasionally 12pack of beer.

Camming means I don't have to do as many stupid websites/art commissions and I can be a little more picky about what jobs I accept in that regards.

TashaTypical said:
LilyPink said:
I wipe my arse with it cos I'm that rich.

rofl...lol geez now i cant stop laughing

Haha it made me laugh loads too. :lol:

My money pays for my rent, and then any extra usually goes on random crap I don't need, or wholesale orders coz I make them to get super cheap undies and outfits for myself and then get some stuff to sell too to make a bit of extra money and to help fellow camgirls get super cheap outfits. :D
I was planning on clearing debt starting this month, but had to buy boring furniture instead, pffft.

Even if I was super rich I don't think I could wipe my arse with my money, bog roll is already expensive at like £4 for 9 rolls or whatever, I'd hate to pay £5 for one sheet! And I'm sure the queen wouldn't aprove of it either. :p Also I don't think it'd flush, so you might end up blocking the loo. I really don't recommend using money to wipe your arse Lily, unless your married to super mario so he can unblock your loo for you every day.

Now I'm wondering what loo roll rich/posh people use, I wonder if andrex is good enough for them, or if they get some custom made fancy stuff to match their bathrooms or something. Hmm. :think:

AngelicTease said:
TashaTypical said:
LilyPink said:
I wipe my arse with it cos I'm that rich.

rofl...lol geez now i cant stop laughing

Haha it made me laugh loads too. :lol:

My money pays for my rent, and then any extra usually goes on random crap I don't need, or wholesale orders coz I make them to get super cheap undies and outfits for myself and then get some stuff to sell too to make a bit of extra money and to help fellow camgirls get super cheap outfits. :D
I was planning on clearing debt starting this month, but had to buy boring furniture instead, pffft.

Even if I was super rich I don't think I could wipe my arse with my money, bog roll is already expensive at like £4 for 9 rolls or whatever, I'd hate to pay £5 for one sheet! And I'm sure the queen wouldn't aprove of it either. :p Also I don't think it'd flush, so you might end up blocking the loo. I really don't recommend using money to wipe your arse Lily, unless your married to super mario so he can unblock your loo for you every day.

Now I'm wondering what loo roll rich/posh people use, I wonder if andrex is good enough for them, or if they get some custom made fancy stuff to match their bathrooms or something. Hmm. :think:
Wow there was so much foreign lingo in there I had to read it slow. :D

I use 50 pence pieces, it's stronger and lasts longer.

Have you seen those loo rolls made from actual prints of £50 notes. I bought it for everyone for christmas.

LilyPink said:

Have you seen those loo rolls made from actual prints of £50 notes. I bought it for everyone for christmas.

Owwww. You should change your name to LilySoreArse haha it sounds like some weird kind of dinasour or something. :p
Haha no not seen those, I don't know what I'd think if someone got me bog roll for christmas lol, although seeing as I'm usually too embarassed to buy it myself, maybe it wouldn't be too bad. But buying one isn't embarassing, it's just embarassing if you buy one of them mega packs, especially if there's nothing else in your trolley, you look like you've got a right problem! Oooh but then people might get out your way at supermarkets, if they think you've got the didgerydoos and therefore have really bad wind too. I might try that next time around christmas time when supermarkets are busy, I'll get a big trolley and fill it with toilet paper, and that moist toilet paper, and some anti diarea pills hahahahaha. :D GET AWAY FROM ME FUCKERS I HAVE WIND!

Most my posts on this forum make me look a bit weird. :(

I recycle almost half of it back to the models of MFC, I pay for bills that I didnt have the extra money for before, make some loans out to Kiva.Org and other causes like Animal Rescue League and buy things for my shows like clothing and what not for MFC, save some if I can but I am not making enough a month yet so I just use a small portion of it to buy tokens under my premium account. oh and also i desperately need a new mattress and i am trying to save what little i can each month aside from my own bills to get it, its a huge part of my shows on mfc as i use it for my platform for dancing and other things and so i wonder if I could claim that in my taxes too haha its part of the job, I use it more than sleeping LOL

AngelicTease said:
LilyPink said:

Owwww. You should change your name to LilySoreArse haha it sounds like some weird kind of dinasour or something. :p
Haha no not seen those, I don't know what I'd think if someone got me bog roll for christmas lol, although seeing as I'm usually too embarassed to buy it myself, maybe it wouldn't be too bad. But buying one isn't embarassing, it's just embarassing if you buy one of them mega packs, especially if there's nothing else in your trolley, you look like you've got a right problem! Oooh but then people might get out your way at supermarkets, if they think you've got the didgerydoos and therefore have really bad wind too. I might try that next time around christmas time when supermarkets are busy, I'll get a big trolley and fill it with toilet paper, and that moist toilet paper, and some anti diarea pills hahahahaha. :D GET AWAY FROM ME FUCKERS I HAVE WIND!

Most my posts on this forum make me look a bit weird. :(

Ahh I love you two girls, never fail to crack me up :lol:
And I'm the same, Hate just buying toilet paper and nothing else! I once bought a 12 pack of toilet paper and some peanut butter, I just felt wrong :?

These are the categories my money has been broken up into:

Things for camming (outfits, props)
Items for sale/mailing (envelopes, stamps, canvas, panties, posters, mugs, shirts, calendars, etc)
Formerly rent (recently put a large chunk down on a house)
Utilities (electricity, water, sewage, internet)
Food/dog food/gas/general necessities
A decent amount in savings
Furniture for the new house
Yoga classes/gym membership/pole dancing lessons

Now I'm saving up to pay my taxes, pay my mortgage as fast as possible, and then save up to go back to college within the next 3 years. I rarely go out to eat and I don't even buy any clothes/outfits very often anymore. I'm content with being a cheapskate lol. I do like to help out others when I have the chance -- buy a premium a video game he's been wanting or donate to his chipin, give decent tips if I do go out somewhere, buy people nice presents for Christmas (like a trip to the spa for my mom whom I've never been able to afford presents for before).

I feel so fucking blessed that my food, roof and other necessities are taken care of. I buy clothes and such for being on cam but the majority of it goes toward my student loan payments. I can afford to pay it on time every month but it is such an awesome feeling to be able to send in more than the minimum. I also save a little for going back to school since I have decided I would like to study dance and maybe teach it one day. I want to share the thing that I am passionate about and love with others and for me that is dancing. I love that camming has helped me to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.