AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you do with your money?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zilaz said:
What do you do with your money? Do you invest your money in something?

This question crossed my mind many times cuz loads of people often say "if i only had 20k to open my own business". So What do you do with your money?
Do you have some end goal e.g a car, buying your own house etc. Or even setting up your own business. Or do you just fancy a wealthy/normal "current" living.
There are some models where you see what they do with their money..e.g loads of clothes, toys
or furniture or a car.Ofc there are many models who just want make a little extra money to boost there living standard.

So does anyone have any long term plans with the money earned? Considering the fact that you wont
work forever on mfc? And is there something else you do next to mfc to earn money or do you
visit any courses for a particular kind of position for your life after mfc?

(Sorry if there is already a similar post)

I pay bills. && I get my nails done once every 1.5 months. That's it. I don't make enough to do much else, && am in debt, so I am trying to pay that off. Eventually, when I get more of that covered, I would like to start saving to get a house. :).

Bills, which isn't much because I'm staying with family in Illinois. The rest I'm saving. I own my home in Florida (complete fixer upper, so don't think luxurious thoughts!)
I'm saving to move back to Florida & to slowly fix my home up how I want it.
I'm also adding savings to my "emergency fund."
Um, so basically when my home is 100% remodeled, then maybe I can save for other fun things!

I'm going to out myself a bit, I usually average about $1200 a month which is just an inch above the poverty line here in Nashville. My neighbors on welfare make about $500 more a month than I do.

Money gets dispersed as follows:
Rent- ~half of my earnings go here
Electric- ~1/4 of my earnings here
Internet- ~1/8 earnings here
Food- ~1/16 earnings here
Savings- ~$25 a month :(
Fun stuff- whatever else is left goes here, it's usually about $20.

Keep in mind I cam full time, go to school full time and I'm the sole bread winner for my household (that includes roomie and my dog). I treat this like a real job and we're very frugal with our earnings. I also have health problems that limit every aspect of my life. Seeing as I'm only 19, I'd say I'm doing pretty well for myself. I have no debt, a very small savings and I'm going somewhere with my life. :)

I pay my goddamn bills, dude. Seriously. Not all cam models are super rich. Cam models can range-holy-fucking-poor to holy-fuck-you-made-how-much?! :lol:

I make enough to pay bills and save for taxes at the end of the year. That's it. Until I pay off my CCs and Car, I will have no fun income (unless I hit the MFC lottery and suddenly become a supastar!!!)

Rockstar coffee drinks... lot's of Rockstar coffee drinks!
Raffle prizes (my biggest expense)
and then of course the average bills and rent stuffs.

Like any home business I put a lot of my earnings back into it.

I'm pretty lucky - I'm in school and have a good scholarship, so my money that I make at MFC is semi-disposable income. My scholarship pays most of my tuition, and I have a small college fund set up to take care of my rent. So, my camming money (so far, only been here 2 weeks) is mostly for groceries, sudden expenses, the different in tuition, etc. However, if I can't get a job in my desired field (which might be likely), I'll probably just attempt to cam full-time.....

Monthly expenses:
  • Rent - 740
    Utilities - 150
    Waxing - 60
    food - 100
    student loans - 80
    birthcontrol - 40

Once in a while if I have extra I'll buy myself a new toy or an article of clothing, Id like to really improve my camming time though as I WANT to have savings. I really wanna save up for a decent computer, I think that would make working soo much easier!

Jessi said:
Monthly expenses:
  • Rent - 740
    Utilities - 150
    Waxing - 60
    food - 100
    student loans - 80
    birthcontrol - 40

Once in a while if I have extra I'll buy myself a new toy or an article of clothing, Id like to really improve my camming time though as I WANT to have savings. I really wanna save up for a decent computer, I think that would make working soo much easier!

Not to go off-topic, but I've saved a BILLION dollars by buying my own wax warmer at Sally Beauty Supply. The warmer it's self is around 35, and the wax refills are only around 12 bucks. They last a WHILE, too! Not sure if you do full-body waxing but I do my brows and stuff and I'm sure you could use it for bikini lines and stuff. And if it's too much trouble I can totally understand getting it done professionally; I used to, too :)

Reactions: Jessi
AmberCutie said:
Kyleigh said:
Am I the only one who thinks this topic is funny?
I don't think I have ever asked anyone, even close friends what they do with their money.
Most people including myself work so they can afford a place to live, pay bills, pay off debt, take care of their family and save what they can.
Because there are many people who don't think of being a cam girl as an actual full time job. It doesn't hit them that we do the same thing with our money as a teacher, or an accountant, or a firefighter would with theirs.
Not everyone has a ton of bills. I don't drive, so I have none there. If I lived with my parents, it would be rent-free. I'm sure there has to be at least one girl pocketing most the money and spending or saving for other things than bills. There are some girls that make a lot of money on the site, and surely they have some money left over after bills. I think this guy is just curious to what she is spending or saving it on.

I have three main things that I spend my money on now
bills, savings, taxes
I spent almost everything (and dipped into my taxes eeeek) to move out and buy furniture etc... so now I am saving up to cover taxes on my earnings so far (almost done, phewf) and then pay rent/bills.
I have been kind of careless of the savings front... but I have been MUCH better with money in the past year or so. right now taxes are more of a priority as I don't want to be completely screwed when tax time comes!

AedanRayne said:
I bought a circus and it's pretty awesome. You should come by sometime!

Do your concession stands sell marshmallow-coated items?

I started camming in 2001 when there were only a few sites and lots of demand. I fully supported a family of 5 and put one through college. Now it's just the two of us at home mostly, and the money after expenses goes straight into real estate. If I was still making the same as I was 10 years ago, I'd put it into gold.

I really don't earn much. But my earnings always go for the bills,foods and other expenses. When there is left then i buy it for some things like clothes,cp,accessories etc.

Really i didn't get to save any cents with the money that i am earning and i am really regretting that. So now i am planning on saving for emergencies.

First and foremost I save 25% of my income every paycheck. Then with what is left I try to pay a substantial amount towards my student loans based on how much I made. Then, every two weeks I try to treat myself to something I have never done before. It can be as simple as taking a few ceramics classes or as crazy as (woohoo!) SKYDIVING! I try to buy a new toy every two weeks...yet (and am I right ladies?) there is really nothing that compares to the hitachi so far...lol I live simply and I don't really like having nice things...mostly because I am a klutz and can manage to break, stain, rip, or drop just about anything. I go grocery shopping once a week and the rest is for rent in my tiny tiny tiny apartment. :) But, somehow, even though I do make a great (p.s. "great" is a relative term...I'm a college student haha) income, not using it for silly unnecessary things helps me retain my enjoyment from the simplicity of reading a good book or writing a poem. :)

Bills and rent mostly,I can spoil myself a bit with getting my hair done and buying sexy outfits because I use them for my show, and tomorrow I'm finally going to get a tattoo :-D . I've wanted one for three years but was always struggling just to make rent before I started camming.

Here's how I worked it out this month (roughly):
Half for living expenses (In the bank a month in advance, just in case)
A quarter for my savings
A quarter for me. A lot of this goes towards toys, beauty and sexy cam outfits though, so maybe it pays for itself?

I was thinking about this today. When I used to cam back in the day, it was my only income so it mostly just went on living expenses plus a trip to Europe that I took. I've got a job IRL and now that I am camming again all of my earnings will be additional to my living expenses... so I'm thinking of saving up for a house! Am I really that grown up?? :O

25% of earnings go back into this such as toys and lingerie... (even after i'm no longer a model i'll still use them ;p)
25% i use for play money
and the rest is going into an account saving for schooling such as fire academy/ paramedic or just rainy day bills / taxes

Most of my MFC earnings go to paying bills, rent, and groceries. I have a lot of financial/medical crap i've been trying to take care of which has made it harder for me to save money. :/ I am VERY compulsive it sucks..lately it's hard to save money >.>

I use most of it for basic expenses (rent, food, bills, etc.). Anything left over goes towards my 'lil school fund, because scholarships don't cover everything. I'm really hoping to save up more later to go to Europe for a month or so with my boyfriend.

Wow... I'm surprised how many girls don't get much spending money over..

I live at home, so I don't pay rent. The only bill I pay with my MFC money is my stagepool.com membership, which is 21-29 euros a month. Aside from that it's all spending money.

Right now I am saving up to build a new computer though, and components will cost me about $3000 not counting shipping to Sweden.

Oh, and because I live outside the US, I don't pay taxes on my earnings (Yes, I know that I should be reporting them to my government and pay taxes, but I don't because so far I haven't made enough.) And also because of the currency rates, my money is worth half of a US-models' money (meaning if we both make the same amount in dollars, I'll be able to buy half as much as her because things here are twice as expensive)

Fanta_Orange_Soda.jpg

:mrgreen:

I leave the money on my Payoneer card and use it to pay for a variety of things (I used to withdraw it as soon as I got paid, but I stopped doing that): bills, food and clothing purchases, etc. The only time I withdraw money is when I have to take a bus somewhere or when I wanna give my son a little cash reward or birthday money. Payoneer fees really add up if you're constantly making ATM withdrawals with the card, so it's better to just leave the money on the card and make purchases that way. And when you need to take out money, do the cashback option at a store like Dollar Tree. It's cheaper than paying an ATM fee + Payoneer withdrawal fee.

Rent, bills, cigarettes, weed, booze, socks, catfood, peoplefood, art supplies. Someday I would like to spend more on myself, but I'm a pretty simple person. Someday I'll have an Xbox 360 and then I will have everything I ever need. ^^

Once I start on my schedule, I'll be saving my money, but at the moment I pay no bills, I live at home for the time being.

Any money I make half will go into my savings until I can afford to move out of my parents house.

I also want to write my mom a check for at least $5,000 one day, I feel terrible for being so reckless with her money when I moved out the first time (had her sign a lease, she still pays for it, even though my dad won't let me move back). I really want to buy her nice things and give her all her money back, she's the best person I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.