AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What does "Love" mean to you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This

Attachments

• lastcookie.jpg
    lastcookie.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 287
Love as a generalistic term to me is the intense liking for something.

Love to me in terms of a partnership is someone (or some people) that I can share parts of my life with that i don't share with anyone else. Musings, Rants, likes, hates, everything. Whether they be friends, lovers, animals or my blender, I share things with them that I dont show the rest of the world.

PS. yes, im in love with my blender.

-DP

Reactions: LadyLuna
Love is commitment to someone.
It's so easy to run when things get tough, but when you love someone, you are committed to getting through it.
With out commitment, there can be no true love.
Commitment is the foundation of love.
Everything else changes. Finances, age, kids, health, opinions, and they change for the good AND bad.
But commitment, if it's there, never changes.
And THAT is love.
:twocents-02cents:

When I can't bear the thought of being without someone or something. Obviously with a stronger connection to a someone than a something.

Many things:
Acceptance- some of us are so "out there" we never thought we'd have a chance at finding someone willing to deal with the mess that is us.
The will to be there as an ear to listen; when you take all the bullshit of your day and set it aside to deal with their bullshit, because they really seem to need it.
The will to be there as a back for the lifting they can't do; when they're sick or injured (or just have a fucking migraine) and can't do the dishes or clean up dinner or whatever they normally take of, you do it for them.
All while expecting nothing in return.
Picking them up when they're down, especially if you put them there (mostly relevant to BDSM, probably).
To be the hand they hold when dealing with the scaries, even if you're scared shitless.

But sometimes, it's the willingness to walk away. That one is hard.

Love is what remains and endures after the infatuation wears off. Love drills down much deeper into the relationship and takes root. It soars with the highs and guides you through the lows. With the proper nourishment -- trust, consideration, kindness, understanding, compassion, respect, tolerance, compromise, open communication, intimacy -- it strengthens over time. It makes sex more intense than mere physical union and it makes the act of a simple touch thrilling. Holding hands is special, sharing a glance from across the room is special, watching a child do something silly is special. Hell, paying the bills is special! It's a feel-it-in-your-gut sense of being in this thing together come hell or high water. My old man once told me that you can live on love for eight days but then you have to eat. Well, the first eight days are pretty intense, but the act of putting food on the table for the rest of your lives is even more so because you're building something pretty damn special together.

What's love but a sweet ol' fashioned notion?

No, seriously... I think love shows itself in many ways. The way after 20 years, a husband's eyes still light up when his lady walks in the room or the way when a mom sees that there are only 4 pieces of cake for 5 people, she immediately claims that she doesn't like cake. Love is trusting that person with every fiber of your being, wanting only the best for them (be it with or without you), and staying strong and committed through the hard times.

There are different kinds of love. I like the way that the Greeks saw it. You've got your affection. That's what you have for family, co-workers, companions, pets, blenders and such. Then you have friendship. I think this one's the best of them all. It's what makes life worth living. Romance is great and all but is a bit overrated. It's kinda like food and drink, something that needs to happen. Then there's the hardest one which is unconditional.

Protocosmo said:
There are different kinds of love. I like the way that the Greeks saw it. You've got your affection. That's what you have for family, co-workers, companions, pets, blenders and such. Then you have friendship. I think this one's the best of them all. It's what makes life worth living. Romance is great and all but is a bit overrated. It's kinda like food and drink, something that needs to happen. Then there's the hardest one which is unconditional.

I dunno, im pretty romantic with my blender ;)

Im a proponent of romance. I think its healthy to have it as another aspect in life to explore. Granted, the pain when it all ends is excruciating, but thats just another form of growing as a human.

-DP

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Hmm... love is very many different things to very many different people, but I have been thinking about "love" for a number of years and I think I've come up with the ideal love for me.
Love is caring, admiration, and inexplicable connection to something or someone no matter what.
Love is not conditional. If "love" is conditional, you can be sure you are "something" to someone rather than being loved for yourself.
Love is powerful. You can love someone from afar, or you can love them very personally.
Love is universal. This is hard for me to explain, so I won't try.
All in all I believe it is not someone who inspires you to love, it is you who inspires yourself to love someone. This is why I try hard to open my heart and love everybody, even though it's gotten me in trouble in the past.
Love is hard!

dogglius said:
Protocosmo said:

I dunno, im pretty romantic with my blender ;)

Im a proponent of romance. I think its healthy to have it as another aspect in life to explore. Granted, the pain when it all ends is excruciating, but thats just another form of growing as a human.

-DP

Romance is ok and all but it should really be bundled up with the other three to be really great.

I liked reading through this thread...
I love my mom, family, friends and my cats but I've never actually been in love before. Any time I think about love I find myself singing that one song: "I wanna know what love is, I want you to showw meeeee!"

Also I feel that this song would make complete and perfect sense to me.

I've thought that since the first time I heard it :)

AmberCutie said:
When I can't bear the thought of being without someone or something. Obviously with a stronger connection to a someone than a something.

This and sacrifice. Doing things you don't like to/want to, but doing it for the one you consider higher than anyone else. (This excludes self harm/damaging things)

Unconditional love in the order I've discovered it:
*Something that multiplies the more you give it away.
*The way my dogs look at me and put me at the center of their universe.
*This squishy, crying, squirming things in my arms.

Rose said:
Unconditional love in the order I've discovered it:
*Something that multiplies the more you give it away.
*The way my dogs look at me and put me at the center of their universe.
*This squishy, crying, squirming things in my arms.

Tell him to be a man, you've got a baby to take care of, now.
:lol:

Aella said:
Love is cleaning up their shit.
Multiple times a day because they have an upset stomach, when it's on the carpet even though you JUST finished steaming the carpet and it's now stained. But you do it anyways and you don't yell at them for it. You just do it and move on. :)

Rose said:
Aella said:
Multiple times a day because they have an upset stomach, when it's on the carpet even though you JUST finished steaming the carpet and it's now stained. But you do it anyways and you don't yell at them for it. You just do it and move on. :)
Once again!

:lol: :lol:

Reactions: Rose
lordmagellan said:
Rose said:
Aella said:
Once again!

:lol: :lol:
Stop making me laugh it's shaking the baby! :lol:

Reactions: driverxtc
Status
Not open for further replies.