AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What draws you to a room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, someone mentioned not looking at your phone, I NEVER text or just spend time looking at my phone while camming but here and there I pick it up for maybe 5-10 seconds to adjust the volume of my music or change the song and people have lectured me "I would tip if you weren't on your phone" like seriously? it was 5 seconds! can't please em' all I guess..

Seriously, if someone said that to me, I think I'd ban him because 1) that's an overreaction, IMO, and 2) that's probably B.S. that he "would tip," and I don't appreciate it when guys dangle their tokens in your face like that. Lol. You weren't on a phone call chitchatting with your boyfriend while in the middle of a private show. Geez. Everyone once in a while I'll read one of these "Annoying things models do" complaints, and I'll see something so silly that I think some of these easily annoyed folks just need to chill.

What's funny is that guy who said that to you is probably the type to be all "Hello? Where did you go? :( Where are you?" in your room after you've just announced/posted "Brb, guys! Gotta run to the bathroom real quick." :p Or one of the bozos who blurts out in the middle of a cum show "So what did you think of Trump's speech last night?," expecting you to answer him immediately. If you dare take your eyes away from him for a couple of seconds, then you're now considered "The model who ignores your room." Off with your head! Lmao.

But since some folks tend to get their Hanes in a twist over a model glancing at her phone, maybe just have your phone right beside your computer. If you have one of those little phone stands (I've seen them in the dollar section at CVS and Safeway), and have your phone propped up against it while it's right beside your computer, that should be perfect. That way, if you get a text message, you can look to the left or right of your computer screen for a glance at it, and it's hardly even noticeable that you're looking at a text. And no one should be getting their undies in a twist over that. If they do, fuck them. That's just silly. And members who are not in a group/private show with a model (or she's not in the middle of a flash they tipped for) should not be scolding her for a glance at her phone that's right next to her. There is a big difference between a model always staring at her phone, neglecting the chat...and a model glancing at her phone nearby while engaging with her chatroom.

Wanna talk about people always looking at their phones? This young girl I work with at the daycare is always texting/reading texts on that damn phone of hers while on the job, and I suspect that's the reason one of the kids managed to run out of the building to wind up all the way outside near the parking lot...while I'd been in the hallway speaking with his grandmom about something. Perfectly good example of when a person needs to take their eyes away from their phone, and leave it be for a while.

Last edited:
There is a big difference between a model always staring at her phone, neglecting the chat...and a model glancing at her phone nearby while engaging with her chatroom.
exactly! I was in public just talking to people and being engaging in the chat, no private or group shows and some anonymous user tells me to stop playing on my phone or he won't tip me. I'm not just on MFC to make money, I'm there to enjoy my time there too, and no one is going to boss me around in my own public chat for changing a song -_-

exactly! I was in public just talking to people and being engaging in the chat, no private or group shows and some anonymous user tells me to stop playing on my phone or he won't tip me. I'm not just on MFC to make money, I'm there to enjoy my time there too, and no one is going to boss me around in my own public chat for changing a song -_-

That's my girl. :)

Some gray dude on Chaturbate today said to me "Let's see those tits. And shut that music off." First of all, how do you "shut" music off? Lol. I gave my usual "Let's see you tip" response to his "Let's see those tits" demand. And then after I saw the post telling me to "shut that music off," I decided to just ban him, because I don't like rude, bossy, freeloaders in my room thinking they running shit.

Some gray dude on Chaturbate today said to me "Let's see those tits. And shut that music off." First of all, how do you "shut" music off?

I think that's a Midwest thing, I grew up hearing people say "shut the tv/radio/lights/etc off".

So can a model on CB see exactly how many tokens a member has?
One model told me she could only tell if they had more or less than her, is that true?

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
So can a model on CB see exactly how many tokens a member has?
One model told me she could only tell if they had more or less than her, is that true?

You were told correctly. On CB, models can sort users by how many tokens they have, and guesstimate how many someone has by comparing the members to the model's placement in the list, but we can't see exact amounts.

And on MFC, we can only see a member's token amount if they have it showing. They can hide it completely or change it to show low/medium/high. So to say that models can see EVERY member's token amount is highly inaccurate.

This question is geared more towards members of cam sites, but models are welcomed to put in their two cents too!

I'm curious about what draws members to go into a room? More specifically someone that is not a top model.

I started on MFC a few weeks ago, but moving/life changes have made it difficult to be on cam. I had a decent cam score, but now it's only barely above 1000. I'm friendly and can keep a conversation going, but would appreciate any tips from members.

Thanks!

well speaking from a member's stand point, it doesn't take much for me, if shes interacting im gonna listen to see what shes talking about and if its something interesting i'll join the conversation and tip as i go. some cases i see silent cam girls so i'll just see if she's doing anything interesting or i'll just tip if shes cute! lol

I think it's worth distinguishing between liking a model and liking a room. Can think of a few rooms were the chat is nothing more than squawks of "c'mon let's have some fun/get to goal/start tipping etc.,". They're boring as heck, but if the model is hot as heck AND puts in work in a private, I'll go back.plenty, jbut ust for 10 minutes and 42 seconds each time

Liking rooms though is more about the quality of the interaction between the model and users and between users and those rooms can eat up hours of time.

For me a simple test of a good room is whether folks in it can remember the time something funny, batshit crazy and/or weird happened. If yes - then it's a good 'un. If not, then it's not

Examples of "good" I can think of here would be a mass visit to a user's room to watch him stick a pen in his johnson, a broadcast live from the set of a no budget horror film (the model was also a makeup artist) and gawd knows how many grey users insistent on trotting out their shite poetry and/or cannibalistic fetishes

• Wat?!
Reactions: Osyrus and opphs
To answer the original question, if it's a model I don't recognise from the name, then the avatar / preview is important - we all have different things we find attractive - but it's not crucial, I'm old enough to know that first impressions can be deceptive so never discount a model immediately on that basis. I'll generally look at the room topic in the preview, if it's something interesting / thought provoking rather than the usual tits / arse / pussy / videos / instant cumshow etc etc wall of text I might go straight in, else I'll click on the profile and look at that. The care taken over it is a good indicator of someone I might wish to spend time and tokens visiting - a well filled profile with information about the model's likes, dislikes, interests, etc is more likely to get me past the front door than a sparse profile stating an age of 108 and location of "wonderland" or "babetown" with responses to other questions like "ask me" or "u will find out".

Whether I stay and tip depends on her intelligence, personality, attire (the appeal of an elegant dress cannot be overstated, especially if she makes it clear there's nothing on underneath and sufficient tips will see it gradually coming off :D), enthusiasm for her art, and smile. And, because I'm shallow and apparently liking this is a kink these days as it is so rare, having all the pubic hair her body is intended to have.

Absolute no-no will be her being decaptiated in the avatar / preview and in any profile pictures. This seems more common on CB than MFC (where I spend most of my time / buy most of my tokens) though. Perhaps I'm weird, but much as I love boobs, on their own they could be anyone. It's the eyes, the smile, the expressions on her face as she reacts, that are what draw me in.

Last one - if the model (according to her profile) is 24 or over, as it's kind of depressing to see a pretty face and realise "I'm more than twice your age" :eek: . Consequently, I'm much more likely to pay attention to a model in her late 20s or older.

I appreciate that I am not a typical MFC user in many of these respects :bag:

This! it doesn't have to be a lot but as a relatively new model, I never knew how exhausting it is to try and balance everything and not have much to show for it. to be on cam for hours and get tons of people talking to you, but none tipping can get you down when you're trying your best to talk, be sexy and keep things fun.
People keep saying to look at how many tokens the members have but I never do this, I'm usually busy trying to keep my room flow going I don't think to look at how many tokens a member has, and when I have couple times, it says their token amount is "private" on MFC. Some members apparently don't have tokens to begin with, but I've had members say "I'll be right back, going to get more tokens for you" and then give me thousands so how can you really ever tell who is going to tip?
Also, someone mentioned not looking at your phone, I NEVER text or just spend time looking at my phone while camming but here and there I pick it up for maybe 5-10 seconds to adjust the volume of my music or change the song and people have lectured me "I would tip if you weren't on your phone" like seriously? it was 5 seconds! can't please em' all I guess..
I totally agree with this! Every token counts and can really bring the moral of the model up. I feel it is more fun if a bunch of people tip 1 token then no one tipping at all. Plus, yellow walls are fun! :) Chatting is fun too though, say it has been a slow night but we have a bunch of people talking. It keeps us busy and in a good mood when it is slow and will keep us on longer until we meet goal or whatnot. A few tokens here and there would be nice though lol
I post pics of the show on Twitter throughout the show and change my music and no one really says anything. I do tell them what I am doing and ask them to be patient with me before I do it though, o that way they dont get upset if they see me on my phone. I also try to do it off cam with my ass or boobies in the cam, that way they dont actually see me on my phone.

Reactions: curacing
What draws me in:
Cute (aka my type...)
Nice profile (creativity a plus!)
Similar sexual interests
Similar non-sexual interests (though, I can talk forever, so it can be a bit counter productive)
Fun, friendly, smiling.

What kicks me out:
The model is on her phone the entire time.
The model hits me up for tokens for nothing/wants to talk off site
Doesn't say 'thank you' after a token gift
A bad vibe.

Reactions: SoTxBob and MrSwoob
Well when I look for a room:

1. What you're wearing. Usually something interesting like a costume or whatnot draws me in over the thousands of naked women.
2. Personality: Talkative and down-to-earth
3. Fetish friendliness

So what would draw me into a room then? Well for starters, i do have MFC set to preview so I do get a good idea of what a particular model looks like.

Having said that, it does come down to 'looks' first.. which doesn't mean you must be a top fashion model or something for me. I prefer ladies who look and seem 'real' for whatever that may mean.. Basically, if you look like you could be living next door to me, you are already miles ahead of the others.

Now also important: nicknames. I tend to avoid those that use suffixes 'hot', 'sexy' and 'horny' or variants thereof. I also avoid nicknames that emphasize body parts or certain forms of sex.
I am not keen on what a lot of Eastern European ladies do by adding '4u' to their nickname. To me it signifies some sort of servitude that I do not particularly want.
And do try to avoid random numbers ;)

Then it comes down to things like attitude and ease to talk to. I do like to communicate with models.. but you know, sometimes communication is not going as fluid as would be preferable. And usually this is more a clash of character thing rather than a language thing. As nice and cute as a model can look.. sometimes you just clash, even if you don't want to.

Reactions: ramblin
I've been on chaturbate for about a week. I make more tokens every time I come on, I have about 250 followers and I usually have 10-30 silent watchers at any time. Usually I'm wearing a bra-and-thong outfit and kind of feeling up and down myself, smiling, throwing out flirty comments/lighthearted things about pop culture and greeting users when they enter. Nobody ever really responds to things I say unless they're trying to get free dirty talk. :\ People keep saying the secret is to be friendly but I often feel like I'm talking to myself. Is that common? I saw another model who said all room members had to talk back to her.

first thing that attracts me is a cute avatar. or a unique one.

sometimes i just open that most viewed rooms tab on mfc and scroll till i see something interesting. :giggle:

then i love rooms where there is real conversation.
i like to have camrooms open in the backround while i do other things online sometimes, and i like the chit chat, sometimes pipe in myself, etc. i always thought i would be more into bubbly girls, but i'm finding i just am generally more drawn to genuine girls whether that genuine is happy bubbly go-lucky, or just low-key chill convo.

Reactions: MrSwoob
first thing that attracts me is a cute avatar. or a unique one.

I think the first person I checked out on ManyVids was a girl with a pizza emoji on her avatar. :) I also love seeing interesting costumes when I'm watching other girls on chaturbate.

I think that's a Midwest thing, I grew up hearing people say "shut the tv/radio/lights/etc off".

I've heard this in the South, too!

I'm a model, but I've also been a streamer for over a year and a general entertainer for longer.

I think the BIGGEST things people look for (not relating to sexy stuff) is genuine smiles and vibrant energy--and I don't mean bouncing off the walls. I mean, look like you wanna be there and you're interested in interaction! I greet people, I do something that I find fun. I think it's very obvious if you are faking it and generally when I am looking to find a model to hang with, I like to see she is enjoying herself. It can get boring, yeah, so sometimes just talking about a random thing can help engage in convo with your viewers. I also think singing to your favorite music is cute too. And if you mean icons, I personally like to go to rooms which the avatars show the model's cute face since I will be staring at it for the next hour or so.

I also avoid room that have really bad quality sound--loud static-y music, can barely hear the model, etc etc. This is just preference, but it makes it really hard to focus on the model and engage when you can't hear her or the audio is hurting your ears. lol

I also look for models who have on cute outfits/sexy lingerie I like. That obviously doesn't mean everyone will like what you wear, but I think it's good advice to "Dress for your desired audience." Any outfit can be used to your advantage, so creativity really shines through.

I think the majority of this is personal preferences, but I guess that was the point!

I think the BIGGEST things people look for (not relating to sexy stuff) is genuine smiles and vibrant energy--and I don't mean bouncing off the walls. I mean, look like you wanna be there and you're interested in interaction! I greet people, I do something that I find fun. I think it's very obvious if you are faking it and generally when I am looking to find a model to hang with, I like to see she is enjoying herself. It can get boring, yeah, so sometimes just talking about a random thing can help engage in convo with your viewers. I also think singing to your favorite music is cute too. And if you mean icons, I personally like to go to rooms which the avatars show the model's cute face since I will be staring at it for the next hour or so.

I also avoid room that have really bad quality sound--loud static-y music, can barely hear the model, etc etc. This is just preference, but it makes it really hard to focus on the model and engage when you can't hear her or the audio is hurting your ears. lol

I also look for models who have on cute outfits/sexy lingerie I like. That obviously doesn't mean everyone will like what you wear, but I think it's good advice to "Dress for your desired audience." Any outfit can be used to your advantage, so creativity really shines through.
ABSOLUTELY AGREE

• Hugs
Reactions: Alice_in_Bows
Never saw this thread initially. Oh, the poor OP who got bombarded with bickering.

I'll admit, I did not read the entire thread. It bored me. Which is the main thing: Don't be boring.

There is not magic formula. I visit different models for different reasons. If anyone thinks they can make a magic list, ain't happening.

I have models I go to for music stuff. I have models I go to for nonsense. I have models I go to for sexy stuff. The thing they have in common? Not boring.

But hey, that's just me. Some members are perfectly happy looking at high-heeled feet all night. To each his own.

What gets members into a room is all superficial. What KEEPS members in a room is all that matters. I understand, you have to get them before you can keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.