AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is going on with First Choice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll still be here to tie up all loose ends that I can, however I might not be able to address a spokesman, legal adviser or a PR oriented activity, like the one you may aim to engage with Savannah.
The cases of remaining balance are being handled by my superiors and colleagues, in order to provide the best reliable solution. There are factors in here that are derived from a Force-Major, which means that I'm not sitting next to a lever that releases funds.
Models who know me from here, and other communities, can vouch for the fact that I am not a person that tells soothing lies to a crowd, just in order to make people happier for a moment.
My career, or lack off, are not the main subject here. Giving you a time frame which is solely based on my wishful thinking will only add to the confusion, and will be irresponsible on my end.
I will still listen, I will still help, however I will not make promises that I might not be able to keep.

While there has been no official statement from Choice Bank why they were forced to freeze accounts, here is something I found that may be related:

http://premieroffshore.com/belize-banks-under-attack-by-us-government/

Note how closely this all happened around tax time.

By the way, before creating any more undue stress under the circumstances, there is nothing in that article that indicates that you are less likely to get your money back. In fact, if the bank has been frozen due to FATCA, it's likely your funds are safe as long as you are not American citizens.

Are you sure he really lost his job? He is still here as "Industry Representative"
Yes as again that was mentioned earlier in this thread no one seems to read. His name saying industry rep has said that for some time and had yet to change. This forum doesn't dictate who works where. As its a forum. He's trying to help but his job status doesn't really matter.

It's very obvious the only reason people think Cosmo is FCP is due to them copying the script FCP used at first. That stuff happens all the time. It doesn't mean in any way that they are the same thing. They either did it to confuse people, to seem more legit and trusted, or more likely they just used it as a page holder for information until they changed it. They have changed it since then. It is not the same company in any way. It is a new one that I highly suggest people wait on using for now. They can pop up saying anything and some of you people seem so willing to trust them just because MFC or CB is allowing them as payments. That means nothing. Read their TOS, protect yourself and your money, and do not just trust any company you see out there. They are not banks, they are not regulated like banks, you have no protection under them. These places are not FDIC insured with bells and whistles. They can literally close up shop and keep your money and you can do nothing about it because you agreed to the TOS. Always read the TOS so you know what you are agreeing to give them. Never ever keep money stored in them either. (I understand some of you have legitimate reasons, but some of you did not.) Either way do not store a single thing on them. Pull funds and keep them in your regular bank and suck it up and pay those taxes.

I do truly hope Choice is able to unfreeze their accounts, but understand that is not some overnight thing. It can take weeks, months, years. So for right now pick a safe payment and work your buns off now. This sucks but all you can do is work and work to be able to pay bills in the future. There is nothing else anyone can do for you.

While there has been no official statement from Choice Bank why they were forced to freeze accounts, here is something I found that may be related:

http://premieroffshore.com/belize-banks-under-attack-by-us-government/

Note how closely this all happened around tax time.

By the way, before creating any more undue stress under the circumstances, there is nothing in that article that indicates that you are less likely to get your money back. In fact, if the bank has been frozen due to FATCA, it's likely your funds are safe as long as you are not American citizens.

That is a really old article. Not that it may not be related but it seems there were more current factors involved in this. Whatever is the real reason it doesn't help anyone right now. I agree with Teagan also here. These financial services are not true banks. They are regulated but not in the same way and it is one of the reasons they need to partner with a "normal" bank. I would rather not form an opinion on Cosmopay yet. They may end up being a good service but it is to soon to make that judgement. If anyone thinks of how much money they would have paid in wire/exchange fees and time maybe they would think of these services as worth the risk. But always remember there is some risk. That sucks obviously and it is one reason there is still leverage against this industry. For anyone with money that is still frozen keep in contact through official support channels. Dan is doing what he can and kudos to him for that. But he isn't going to solve your problems here in the forum either. Not everyone's funds were frozen but FCP has said they are working on a way to return the funds that were frozen. For anyone who is in that situation keep banging on their door until they tell you. Just remember they are restricted also and whatever solution they come up with will take time.

Question about Choice bank:
Is there any official statement or news that the bank is frozen? I searched on Google and didn't find anything. There are offshore zones forums and nada on this case. My point is, do you know for sure that the bank doesn't function?

Is there any official statement or news that the bank is frozen? I searched on Google and didn't find anything. There are offshore zones forums and nada on this case. My point is, do you know for sure that the bank doesn't function?

When I emailed the vice president of bank he told me that the bank is under liquidity constrain position and they have a liquidity rate of nearly 75%, is not a guarantee but shows the solidity of bank.

It's hard to find anything official. Here is one however http://www.xbiz.com/news/234907/choice-bank-suspends-withdrawals-from-deposit-accounts. Maybe more to the point regarding FCP is this one https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...ard-issuer-in-liquidity-constrained-position/. I think @nicehotjob earlier posted a discussion directly with the bank also if I'm not mistaken. Getting to be too many pages to keep track of everything :)

Reactions: nicehotjob
It is a new one that I highly suggest people wait on using for now. They can pop up saying anything and some of you people seem so willing to trust them just because MFC or CB is allowing them as payments. That means nothing.

Yeah, you sure got that right... I took a look at Cosmo's web site just now, and I see a bunch of spelling and grammar errors. That can sometimes indicate that they're not a well-run or well-funded outfit with professional staff. Combine that with what you said, that they had previously lifted text from another company's site and used it on theirs, and I think I'd shy away from Cosmo for now.

News about Choice Bank:

"Dear ---------,

I would suggest awaiting the developments, once appropriate I will inform you and we could set up an account for you.
Apart from that I have to inform you that there is no guarantee on the amounts in First Choice Pay. As you may have seen from the initial message we maintain a level of liquidity of 74.59%.
I am sorry I cannot share any more information at this time.

Best regards,"

I prefer give to everyone only trusted news :)

There is a statement on the homepage: http://www.choicebankltd.com/ "Choice Bank Funds Availability Policy"

• Helpful!
Reactions: Adrianna__

Customers of the bank got the following e-mail.

---

Dear Accountholder,

Due to recent developments involving the prepaid card component of our international banking business, Choice Bank Ltd. (“the Bank”) has been forced into a temporary liquidity constrained position.

With a view to enable the Bank to manage cash flows in an orderly fashion to work through the current liquidity situation, in the interest of depositors and other creditors as a whole, the Bank has taken the decision in its view as a matter of necessity, with immediate effect, to temporarily suspend all withdrawals from deposit accounts with the Bank and other outbound payment activities (save for payment of employees, suppliers essential for core operations, consultants and advisers) until the Bank and/or its relevant regulatory authorities (as the case may be) are satisfied that such suspension is no longer required.

The Bank maintains a strong balance sheet with total equity including paid up capital and accumulated retained earnings in excess of US$26 million, a most recent reported regulatory capital ratio of 26.92%, and statutory liquidity ratio of 74.59%, such ratios significantly exceeding all statutory capital adequacy and liquid asset requirements. The liquidity challenges the Bank currently faces is truly a short-term one. As it progresses through this process, the Bank is confident that all its depositors, cardholders and creditors will be kept whole.

We thank you for your patience and understanding and apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Yours sincerely,

Paradise Point Building
Corner Hutson Street and Marine Parade Boulevard
Ground Floor, P.O. Box #2494
Belize City, Belize, Central America

----

This is what support told me 5 min ago....money from balance seems to be in FCP, not in Choice Bank account....

Attachments

• 30724418_10214227857484087_4381860394273079296_n.jpg
    30724418_10214227857484087_4381860394273079296_n.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 45
Let me ask you a simple question. I read here some FCP accounts are frozen so i ask you this:

If i transfered all the amount i had on FCP account to my FCP credit card, there can be a problem with withdrawing them from any ATM? I mean is there a posibility to lose all that money if i dont withdraw them soon?

Let me ask you a simple question. I read here some FCP accounts are frozen so i ask you this:

If i transfered all the amount i had on FCP account to my FCP credit card, there can be a problem with withdrawing them from any ATM? I mean is there a posibility to lose all that money if i dont withdraw them soon?
Why would you risk it? I would take out all available funds asap.

How you can do that? Is an impossibile operation as i know

Reactions: Pure_emotion
News about Choice Bank:

"Dear ---------,

I would suggest awaiting the developments, once appropriate I will inform you and we could set up an account for you.
Apart from that I have to inform you that there is no guarantee on the amounts in First Choice Pay. As you may have seen from the initial message we maintain a level of liquidity of 74.59%.
I am sorry I cannot share any more information at this time.

Best regards,"

I prefer give to everyone only trusted news :)
Was he talking about no guarantee for the frozen funds in firstchoice pay?
What was your actual question for him?

How you can do that? Is an impossibile operation as i know

I didnt do the operation in one transaction. I always transfer the money on card after each payment received from any cam site i work with (Standard loading - 2 days) so except ca small ammount, i had all my money transfered on credit card. Btw 5 min ago i withdrawed an important ammount from 2 ATMs with FCP credit card.

I didnt do the operation in one transaction. I always transfer the money on card after each payment received from any cam site i work with (Standard loading - 2 days) so except ca small ammount, i had all my money transfered on credit card. Btw 5 min ago i withdrawed an important ammount from 2 ATMs with FCP credit card.

You can get any money off of the card still. You can not touch any money in your account not loaded to the card.

I have an official email from Escalation team of Payoneer... they said to me very clear that the money is at Firstchoice and Choice Bank is only the bank issuing the cards!
Again I say this is email is from someone higher than call center operators!
I really hope that you can have an official answer about how to take out our money from there
You could ha e money out for ATM becouse I am sure you didn't empty the money which they were allready loaded on FCP card... You have more than 10000 dolar in FCP acount ? If you have had under 10000 then you have no problem with frozen found... The money on card alway was available to us to take them out

Camcontacts just sent this to me:

"Update about FirstchoicePay

Since last week’s announcement regarding FirstchoicePay we have been working hard every day to get your money returned. Today we have been told by FirstchoicePay that Choice Bank (which holds all of FirstchoicePay’s funds) is planning on returning money to FirstchoicePay account holders.

If we sent you a payment to your FirstchoicePay account and you did not receive it then Choice Bank has said that it will return your money to us so that we can then send it on to you.

Choice Bank says it doesn’t know when the money will be returned, but it has said that due to its liquidity position it will not be before 1 May.

When we have more information, and of course as soon as we receive your money back, we will let you know."

Does someone with better english speaking skills understand what this person is saying on youtube at 8:54 : ?
It's about FCP and getting money out of it. He has some news which is not official yet.

Since last week’s announcement regarding FirstchoicePay we have been working hard every day to get your money returned. Today we have been told by FirstchoicePay that Choice Bank (which holds all of FirstchoicePay’s funds) is planning on returning money to FirstchoicePay account holders.

If we sent you a payment to your FirstchoicePay account and you did not receive it then Choice Bank has said that it will return your money to us so that we can then send it on to you.

Choice Bank says it doesn’t know when the money will be returned, but it has said that due to its liquidity position it will not be before 1 May.

When we have more information, and of course as soon as we receive your money back, we will let you know."
It sounds like un-frozen money...right? :shy:

It's not clear to me. Do they mean that those funds which were in transit at the time FCP died will return, or also all the funds on our balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.