AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is one thing holding you back from being succesful?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose myfreecams over any other site because of the potential it has and because the girls that inspired me to try this stream there. I watch them and they make it look so easy. I've had a couple good days, but can't help but feel a bit discouraged when my room is completely silent. I just don't know how to rescue it when it goes down the awkward silence black hole so i go off and will hesitate to go back the next day. Also camscore is very discouraging, makes me hesitate about staying on more hours because of the fear of it going down.

Insecurity.

If I felt more confident in my appearance I think I'd like to be online more and doing a variety of shows. As I am now, I feel so under confident about logging on and showing my body.

I'm working on it though. Eating right and exercising. =)

Agreed! i struggle with this heaps haha I get so insecure with what people with think of my body etc. I have to work up the courage everytime i go online!

I'm glad I'm not alone with all the replies about insecurity!

I am young, only 21, with a great ass, butt, hips, waist, thighs...but I have had 3 pregnancies, only 1 made it to term and I have only living child. I gained over 60lbs with my son before he was born via c-section. Now my super hot, flat, toned belly has turned into this saggy mess of skin that's stretched to tell that just hangs there. It's nasty. My boobs went south as well, covered in stretch marks and nipple damage from breastfeeding. No more perky b-cups. I feel like I have a granny torso. There's a box in my head that includes the boobs to the v where I aged like 40 years in a year.

I've used every stupid oil or miracle cream you can think of. I've done push ups and crunches until my body wouldn't push any more. I have taken so many supplements in the last 3 years trying so fucking hard to get my perfect 18 year old body back and it's not happening at all. I took some photos last night that I felt super sexy posing in until I looked back and saw how old my torso looks from certain angles...

But I have a solution and, no, it isn't plastic surgery!! I have several pairs of high waisted panties that are lacy and sexy and make my booty like top notch. I bought some body suits that give a flattering illusion of sexy mystery hiding beneath it. I wear cute bras or nipple pasties and the guys never comment on my saggy skin. My dudes are so fucking sweet! I realized that they see the best parts of my body and pay to do so because they love it just the way it is. I may not make $10k/month like the babyless top models on my site do, but I am only just starting out. The only rude comments I get on my appearance are for my pink hair xD I never thought of that as something to be ashamed of lol. I laugh that shit off because I love my hair! I feel my best and true self with short pixie haircuts dyed random colors.

I've learned just recently that what I see as a nasty flaw in the mirror or in a candid photo is NOT what my members see at all. They see a sexy, gorgeous, cute, gorgeous and sweet, friendly, charismatic, interesting, funny model. That's what I am in other people's eyes. My eyes are not to be trusted! My brain wants me to fail! I HAVE to listen and believe (even if it's half-assed sometimes) that I am just as gorgeous - as Mila Kunis is in my eyes - in the eyes of my members.

Keeping that mentality of a bad self-image and negative self-help is not going to help me succeed in any part of life...
But remembering that is hard at times
I'm working on it. I will get better.
I will succeed.

I just have to keep going forward and learning.

I'm glad I'm not alone with all the replies about insecurity!

I am young, only 21, with a great ass, butt, hips, waist, thighs...but I have had 3 pregnancies, only 1 made it to term and I have only living child. I gained over 60lbs with my son before he was born via c-section. Now my super hot, flat, toned belly has turned into this saggy mess of skin that's stretched to tell that just hangs there. It's nasty. My boobs went south as well, covered in stretch marks and nipple damage from breastfeeding. No more perky b-cups. I feel like I have a granny torso. There's a box in my head that includes the boobs to the v where I aged like 40 years in a year.

I've used every stupid oil or miracle cream you can think of. I've done push ups and crunches until my body wouldn't push any more. I have taken so many supplements in the last 3 years trying so fucking hard to get my perfect 18 year old body back and it's not happening at all. I took some photos last night that I felt super sexy posing in until I looked back and saw how old my torso looks from certain angles...

But I have a solution and, no, it isn't plastic surgery!! I have several pairs of high waisted panties that are lacy and sexy and make my booty like top notch. I bought some body suits that give a flattering illusion of sexy mystery hiding beneath it. I wear cute bras or nipple pasties and the guys never comment on my saggy skin. My dudes are so fucking sweet! I realized that they see the best parts of my body and pay to do so because they love it just the way it is. I may not make $10k/month like the babyless top models on my site do, but I am only just starting out. The only rude comments I get on my appearance are for my pink hair xD I never thought of that as something to be ashamed of lol. I laugh that shit off because I love my hair! I feel my best and true self with short pixie haircuts dyed random colors.

I've learned just recently that what I see as a nasty flaw in the mirror or in a candid photo is NOT what my members see at all. They see a sexy, gorgeous, cute, gorgeous and sweet, friendly, charismatic, interesting, funny model. That's what I am in other people's eyes. My eyes are not to be trusted! My brain wants me to fail! I HAVE to listen and believe (even if it's half-assed sometimes) that I am just as gorgeous - as Mila Kunis is in my eyes - in the eyes of my members.

Keeping that mentality of a bad self-image and negative self-help is not going to help me succeed in any part of life...
But remembering that is hard at times
I'm working on it. I will get better.
I will succeed.

I just have to keep going forward and learning.

One thing I think is important to remember is that success in camming is not contingent on having a perfect body.

We've all seen gorgeous girls who have no hustle and don't make shit because of that...and then not stereotypically beautiful girls who work their ass off and make make bank.

I find that having as much of a niche as possible is the best guarantee of success. It's all about the supply and demand chain. There are sooo many pretty girls out there that it's hard to make it on JUST being a pretty girl. Pretty is good! But it's no guarantee.

For the record...you're gorgeous. And you rock the pink!!

My day job!! It's taking up all my time that i could use for making content and being online consistently. I work at a grocery store so this time of the year is all over the fucking place. Thinking of changing my availability after the new year :p

One thing I think is important to remember is that success in camming is not contingent on having a perfect body.

We've all seen gorgeous girls who have no hustle and don't make shit because of that...and then not stereotypically beautiful girls who work their ass off and make make bank.

I find that having as much of a niche as possible is the best guarantee of success. It's all about the supply and demand chain. There are sooo many pretty girls out there that it's hard to make it on JUST being a pretty girl. Pretty is good! But it's no guarantee.

For the record...you're gorgeous. And you rock the pink!!

You just literally made my day with this Thank you so much. I actually teared up a little. I feel like I'm working my ass off and it isn't paying off. Instead of critiquing my body, I have realized that it's not productive at all and only hinders my career. I have to stay focused on my goals and take it day by day. Patience is where I need to work lol.

For me it's motivation. Depression makes it really hard to actually do what I need to do a lot of days. Being a little more confident would help me out a lot too.

I feel you 100% and it's not easy. Just do what you can for work and take care of you until you're feeling better. It will pay off in the long run. When you're genuinely happy and excited to work, your customers will see that and feel that way as well when they come into your room. I think lol.

I'm going to hopefully start camming in the coming months and I have always struggled with self-doubt, depression, and anxiety, so reading this thread really helped show me that I'll do fine and I'm not the only (future) camgirl who faces these problems. Thanks for the thread. :)

Depression, anxiety, lack of time, having so many passions and consistency. I was waking up to get online at 3am and then going to my day job but I found that that was incredibly draining for my mind and body and I could not for the life of me stay consistent. So I decided to take this week off from camming and return to the drawing board. Luckily the way the universe is working out I’ve had the chance to rearrange my schedule for my day job to accommodate a consistent camming schedule so we will see how that works.

Not having an A/C at the moment. A huge mess that I need to clean. I'm so shy and introverted, it's sometimes crippling. I'm getting old (haha). None or Low Self Confidence. Health Issues. Inconsistency.
I agree with OyaB, Anxiety and Depression are also two huge issues for me!
Taking the time to actually get on cam, and not making enough money, makes is so much harder for me to ever get back on cam again. But I guess I'm getting used to that and learning how to overcome it.

offline bullshit like having to worry about school debt, roommates (i wish i could cam more often at different times instead of just late night hours, and the heat + paranoia around the fosta/sesta bill. i feel like this industry could help me in numerous ways; however, i don't think the universe wants me to proceed on.

offline bullshit like having to worry about school debt, roommates (i wish i could cam more often at different times instead of just late night hours, and the heat + paranoia around the fosta/sesta bill. i feel like this industry could help me in numerous ways; however, i don't think the universe wants me to proceed on.
I can't fault you for the fosta/sesta paranoia because I'm fairly laid back and easy going about things and know I'm pretty unaffected as a member but last night after I bought tokens I was doing my check book/online banking while waiting for a model to come online and I noticed that the transaction was reading as pending after it had already showed as completed earlier.

Not a big deal but I did have a moment where I wondered if MFC had some sort of issue with processing payments now with all the other banking stuff going on and if maybe I shouldn't use any of the new tokens in case there was a problem I was going to have to take up with support today.

Luckily it was back to completed this morning but at the time in this current climate you just don't know.

Good luck and I hope things improve for you.

I'd love to see (or help make) an alt thread to this one that's "...And what are you doing to fix this one thing?" There's so many needs out there, and so many good tactics and ways to improve, but it's always necessary to have accountability and help and encouragements beyond "you can do it!" to more "here's how you can do it, what are you doing about it?"

Stress in my personal life and lack of a consistent camming schedule. On top of lack of time... I was doing pretty okay income wise but now it’s like I’m lucky to make a couple of dollars after a few hours bleh! I know it’s just a dry period but it still doesn’t help the stress lol

Lack of general discipline and motivation in life. I love camming and I'm so excited to do it once I finally get online. It's the /getting online/ part that's difficult for me, and I end up staying offline for long periods at a time because of it.

To me, camming is the equivalent of taking a shower when you're depressed. You know you'll feel better afterwards; you know you don't want to leave once you're there, and you know that it'll make you happier in the long run if you make it a daily habit. But god is it difficult to do it when you just don't want to get out of bed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.