AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the best webcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Models can stream with DSLR
Can, yes. Recommended, especially for someone who would like to keep things simple? Not really, no.

Sticking with the most popular and basic cams, such as the Logitech C920, is the best route to go.

I had a year ago C920, and i changed with BCC950. C920 is a great camera, but not better than BCC950.

Now I want an upgrade to BCC950 and do not know what webcam to choose.
Well, better would be subjective to each person. If you need pan/tilt/zoom it is nice, and it has a 78 degree Field of View. But It's also over $100 more than the C920 and does not fit on a standard tripod nor the top of your monitor like many models would prefer.

The Field of View on the C930e is 90 degrees if someone was looking for that as a perk, and has a tripod screwhole as well as fits on top of your monitor.

Reactions: Mila_
For streaming width DSLR photo / video, it requires specific software?

DSLR photo / video have properties which far outweigh webcam .
The problem is bandwidth, because videos will have far greater dimensions compared to the webcam that uses H.264 compression .

DSLR is what I use to stream with, but in all honesty, it hasn't made a difference in my income. I do it because I love the quality, it's easier to use with my green screen, and I can record local HD videos of my shows. Also, using it as a webcam shortens the life of it; since I use a different DSLR to shoot video with I don't mind.

It is pretty easy to do, but it's not plug n play. I had to buy a battery adapter for it to plug into the wall, as well as a longer cable to connect to the computer. I use the software SparkoCam which costs 30-50 dollars. Also, color adjustment is based on the camera, so it's different settings than a webcam, which is often more difficult.

If you buy a DSLR, your paying allot of money for the resolution. The first thing your MFC streaming software is going to do is take that nice expensive 12 Mega pixel (7,360 x 4,912) resolution and down sample it to 800x600. The best part is your computer is going to have to work MUCH harder to stream. Because it's throwing out all those extra pixels you payed for.

skype caps out at 1080P (1920x1080), C920 is 1080p (1920x1080). And you don't have to worry about nocking the thing over. Besides if you keep doing this. Your probable going to want to buy some other stuff down the line to help support your streaming.

It's true. Some sites lowering the resolution. But there are sites like Chaturbate holding a 1920x1080 px resolution at 30FPS.

Over time we noticed differences between webcams. Although they have the same resolution Full HD 1920x1080 px there are differences between video quality. For example Logitech C920 and Microsoft LifeCam Studio Full HD have the same resolution, but Logitech C920 has a video quality higher compared to Microsoft LifeCam Studio .

Therefore I think it does not matter, only the video resolution but also its quality.

Reactions: emahlee
Logitech c922 and stargazer razer. I have the c922 and it is awesome. always upgrade whenever there's a new logitech available x

stargazer razer
Really? That cam has the most terrible reviews on Amazon, lol.

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 9.11.54 AM.png

With a camera like this, you're paying for features that don't even apply to being a cam girl, really.

Stick to Logitech is always my advice.

Ahh I was going off the initial reviews and write ups from a couple of months ago. Decided to go for the c922 myself as it was cheaper but they were being judged on a par. the background removal on the c922 is not great either lol.

I think the "best" webcam will really depend on what you plan on using it for and, oddly enough, your height and setup.

If you're only going to be using MFC, a nice Logitech webcam is probably the best route to go. As others have stated, MFC just doesn't broadcast with high enough settings to justify having a DSLR. However sites like SM or CB that can stream at much higher settings, having a DSLR might be worth looking into.

Having a DSLR is surely more difficult and complicated to work with, but if you plan on using it to also create clips to sell or photos... there's another reason to justify the cost and the extra steps. For me personally, being that I'm so tall (5'10" flat footed, 6'4" in heels), I found that nothing else but a DSLR would look nice when I did full body pictures/videos because I have to stand much further away from my camera than the average girl.

Best of luck with what you decide!

Really? That cam has the most terrible reviews on Amazon, lol.

View attachment 66875

With a camera like this, you're paying for features that don't even apply to being a cam girl, really.

Stick to Logitech is always my advice.
This is so disappointing and exactly what I was afraid of. We need high resolution webcams, not gadgets.

Do you think there is a difference between conference cameras and webcams from Longitech?
I sort of touched on this earlier in reference to the bcc950, which is a conference camera
If you need pan/tilt/zoom it is nice, and it has a 78 degree Field of View. But It's also over $100 more than the C920 and does not fit on a standard tripod nor the top of your monitor like many models would prefer.

The Field of View on the C930e is 90 degrees if someone was looking for that as a perk, and has a tripod screw hole as well as fits on top of your monitor.
Actual webcams were made for purposes much closer to what a cam girl does than what a conference cam was made for.

I hope this may be helpful. I have found what may be the best price in Canada for the Logitech 930e for any models who don't want to order from the US and get hit with customs fees and such.

Softchoice.com has outlets in the US and Canada and the 930e sells for $147.52 for a total of $185.50 including the HST and shipping. (Bestbuy.ca has it listed for $192.00 plus HST but I had a feeling I may find a better deal elsewhere.)

I think I will give it a shot unless someone knows of a better Canadian price, in which case feel free to let me know if that's ok.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
Are there any webcams that cost less than $10?

Not that are worth using. The quality on a webcam that cheap isn't worth the money you're saving.

Reactions: SirenMFC
Are there any webcams that cost less than $10?
I managed to score a secondhand Microsoft Lifecam 3000 last week for NZD$12, so about US$8.50. It's 720p and I liked the video reviews I saw on it.
I wasn't looking for something permanent, just something better than my built in webcam. I'm able to get the "HD" tag on Chaturbate, and my photo looked okay just under my overhead light, not at my camming setup with my lighting.
As I said, it's temporary. But it will do.

Logitech920 has never failed me! When I first started camming, I used my built-in computer cam because I didn't know what I was doing and got many complaints about how I needed a better webcam. As soon as I got the Logitech920, I haven't had a complaint and I've had many compliments on how nice and clear it is! :)

My C920 is pretty boss. It handles most lighting situations I've thrown at it, it has a great picture, and has decent sound for when my yeti isn't playing nice with my laptop (like my last stream where the sound randomly cut out). That said, I'm probably going to upgrade to the C922, seeing as it has a larger field of view and better picture.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
Logitech has launched a new webcam BRIO (4K Ultra HD webcam with RightLight™ 3 with HDR) Logitech BRIO delivers 4K Ultra HD video calling (up to 4096 x 2160 pixels at 30 fps) or 1080p Full HD video calling at 60 fps. BRIO can take a conference call, stream, or record video in any lighting condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.