AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Misono why are you involving another model in your custom idea? She has no idea what limits another model might have. And you just told her that you're spending your money elsewhere. I'd be annoyed too.
Like, wtf?

So, I'm thinking about asking at Sonic if they'll blend some of their iced coffee into one of their milkshakes, what do you think?
Sir, this is Dairy Queen. Either order here or go to Sonic.

@Misono why are you involving another model in your custom idea? She has no idea what limits another model might have. And you just told her that you're spending your money elsewhere. I'd be annoyed too.
Like, wtf?

So, I'm thinking about asking at Sonic if they'll blend some of their iced coffee into one of their milkshakes, what do you think?
Sir, this is Dairy Queen. Either order here or go to Sonic.

Think you've misunderstood. I, not once, actually discussed model 1 with model 2. However, an idea that model 2 had for her own stuff that I was interested in I thought would work within the limits of model 1, so pitched the idea. It was never a "So and so thinks you should do this!" situation.

@Misono Ok, so you want model 1 to rip off an idea model 2 had?

It's not an original idea, in fairness. It's been done by hundreds of people already. Hell, just looking in your C4S store, you've even done this one yourself. It just hadn't ever come to my mind as something to buy until a friendly chat with model 2.

• Wat?!
Reactions: CharlieCharma
It's not an original idea, in fairness. It's been done by hundreds of people already. Hell, just looking in your C4S store, you've even done this one yourself. It just hadn't ever come to my mind as something to buy until a friendly chat with model 2.
I wouldn't make a custom clip for someone if they asked me to directly copy an idea another model had. If I come up with the same idea as another, that's fine, but being asked to do it is...bleh. If you directly referenced that the idea of the clip you wanted came from another model her response is totally reasonable.
Why not just get that clip from model 2?

I wouldn't make a custom clip for someone if they asked me to directly copy an idea another model had. If I come up with the same idea as another, that's fine, but being asked to do it is...bleh. If you directly referenced that the idea of the clip you wanted came from another model her response is totally reasonable.
Why not just get that clip from model 2?

I'm getting it from the second model. As model 1 was offering customs, I pitched the idea. It's a common thing, and as I mentioned you have near enough the exact same thing in your store, so it's barely stealing the idea, more an inspired by situation. Possibly not something model 1 had considered, so there's no harm in pitching the idea.

May as well add to my original post now about models who get shitty about freeloaders, who then also get shitty with people who want to spend their cash.

• Wat?!
Reactions: CharlieCharma
I'm getting it from the second model. As model 1 was offering customs, I pitched the idea. It's a common thing, and as I mentioned you have near enough the exact same thing in your store, so it's barely stealing the idea, more an inspired by situation. Possibly not something model 1 had considered, so there's no harm in pitching the idea.

May as well add to my original post now about models who get shitty about freeloaders, who then also get shitty with people who want to spend their cash.
ok so what I'm gathering is that there was really no reason for you to have even mentioned "model 2" in your post here.

Let me help.

"my model friend is offering custom videos, though she has tight limits. I had a few rejected ideas, but the last attempt she got pretty rude with me. I'm not sure why but it sucked since I didn't think it was out of her boundaries."

There ya go. WAY less confusing... I think anyway, since your first post still has me so confused I'm not entirely sure

Edit: Wait, you told model 1 it was a video you were planning with model 2 already? WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? just sling the idea, don't mention another person. "hey let me show you how the other guy used to fuck me, it was nice" vs. "I really like it when you do this <sex thing>" <--- get it? not rad.

Maybe I'm not reading into it as deeply as its current discussion. But using a simplified example. Say model 2 has a princess Leia/Harley Quinn video. The guy is thinking he would suggest a custom of model 1 using a similar costume theme.

If it's in model 1s comfort zone and they work out a price. I think no harm no foul.

And I guess for topical purpose was the annoying thing a model rejected your custom idea?

Reactions: Misono
Maybe I'm not reading into it as deeply as its current discussion. But using a simplified example. Say model 2 has a princess Leia/Harley Quinn video. The guy is thinking he would suggest a custom of model 1 using a similar costume theme.

If it's in model 1s comfort zone and they work out a price. I think no harm no foul.

And I guess for topical purpose was the annoying thing a model rejected your custom idea?
It's totally fine, up until you tell a model, "I'd like this custom because another model gave me the idea." Then, it feels bleh for the other model. Like, it's neither the idea of the member nor the model making it, so to many models that doesn't feel right. (And can also lead to angry tirades from the other model calling out the model who made it for stealing her idea. We've seen this happen to an ACF model somewhat recently in MO.)

Precisely that. The 2nd model sort of gave me the idea in passing, and I opted to pitch the idea to the first one as well. The fact is, there are few unique ideas left out there, so sometimes it comes down to "I've seen X do this, but actually I'd like to see Y do something similar. I wonder if they'd be up for it?". That's all that happened here, and what annoyed me was the massive overreaction to a genuine question as to whether something was workable. A simple yes/no is fine, but this one was just a ridiculous overreaction on their part, in my opinion.

Precisely that. The 2nd model sort of gave me the idea in passing, and I opted to pitch the idea to the first one as well. The fact is, there are few unique ideas left out there, so sometimes it comes down to "I've seen X do this, but actually I'd like to see Y do something similar. I wonder if they'd be up for it?". That's all that happened here, and what annoyed me was the massive overreaction to a genuine question as to whether something was workable. A simple yes/no is fine, but this one was just a ridiculous overreaction on their part, in my opinion.
Sorry this had to get picked apart. Honestly, the way you posted was just super duper confusing. some people are more sensetive to other models being brought up, similar to real life relationships and past lovers it can trigger similar reactions. Some people are totally cool talking about ex's, others light cars on fire LOL. In the future, better to just avoid mentioning another. I bet she would have reacted totally normal and calm if you had only presented the idea without an attachment to another model.

That's all that happened here, and what annoyed me was the massive overreaction to a genuine question as to whether something was workable.
A massive overreaction? From a cam model???

Preposterous!

(And can also lead to angry tirades from the other model calling out the model who made it for stealing her idea. We've seen this happen to an ACF model somewhat recently in MO.)

Amber, I think I dropped something in MO, can I get in there real quick to pick it up, promise, no lookin'!!!! :p

Awwww c'mon!!!

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
Ok, A model I really like sends me a few clips of a video (1:45 total) on snapchat and I tipped her 100 tokens offline. She always sends me stuff and I always tip offline. A day passes and it is my birthday and I log in and see an MFC mail from her thanking me for the offline tip and that the snaps were something special and I could have the whole video for 25.00. I used snapchat at that moment and asked her how long the video was hoping to decide whether or not I want to send 25.00 and she sent it anyway without telling me the length saying "Happy Birthday" (it is a 3:32 minute video from her phone).

The confusing part is is that I don't know if I should send her 25.00? I did download it but I can't figure out if it is a birthday present or if it is the MFC mail thing....arghhhhh! I want to do what is right, but, I don't want to insult her by asking her what she was expecting (I thanked her for the Birthday wishes but I didn't send her 25.00).

For me it is just odd because we may be "friends" but it is tough with money involved and I hate to damage that friend relationship because money is involved. (edited to add: kind of wished she would have just answered my question instead of sending me a video)

Ok, A model I really like sends me a few clips of a video (1:45 total) on snapchat and I tipped her 100 tokens offline. She always sends me stuff and I always tip offline. A day passes and it is my birthday and I log in and see an MFC mail from her thanking me for the offline tip and that the snaps were something special and I could have the whole video for 25.00. I used snapchat at that moment and asked her how long the video was hoping to decide whether or not I want to send 25.00 and she sent it anyway without telling me the length saying "Happy Birthday" (it is a 3:32 minute video from her phone).

The confusing part is is that I don't know if I should send her 25.00? I did download it but I can't figure out if it is a birthday present or if it is the MFC mail thing....arghhhhh! I want to do what is right, but, I don't want to insult her by asking her what she was expecting (I thanked her for the Birthday wishes but I didn't send her 25.00).

For me it is just odd because we may be "friends" but it is tough with money involved and I hate to damage that friend relationship because money is involved. (edited to add: kind of wished she would have just answered my question instead of sending me a video)
That sounds like a birthday gift.

@n_i_c_u Could the MFC mail mentioning the price have been a mail to all of her tippers? I think you're ok, and it was likely a birthday gift.

I'm like you in matters like this. Never easy to read at times. But, would agree that it is a gift.

But, I'll also say that I'm one whom has given others something on my birthday. I tend to enjoy the giving, and seeing their reactions, more than anything. :)

@n_i_c_u i agree it sounds like a gift. You can always send a tip to say thank you, if you want, but I don't think it's expected or necessary.
Also, hope you had a good birthday!! :)

Definitely echoing that it was a gift @n_i_c_u

I used to love doing small things like this on mfc. It's always nice when someone remembers your birthday.

Along those same lines, a model I had been going to her room for some time, did a private with her. Asked her if she had closed all other camsites as I knew she broadcast on three, and she said "yes" she had. About three minutes into the private, I hear the "ding" from CB. I asked her about it, and she said no she wasn't on it. So, I pulled up a browser and checked for myself. Sure as shit, she was in public showing exactly what I was paying for in private.

Killed the private and she asked me what happened. I told her I didn't appreciate being lied to, as well as being used to pay for a private while being tipped in another site. She then decided to cuss me out via PM that I had already had the privilege of seeing her nude in the chat room right before I took her private. Yet, she does it quite frequently in open chat.

Needless to say, that ended any and all future communications with her.

And I found another model doing the same thing... :banghead::swear::banghead::swear::banghead::swear::banghead::swear:

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Gen
When a model tried to tell us the benefit of tipping is being kind and helping others. Reminded me of seeing APSCA commercials instead of ones about supporting hungry babies. Relative privation-- yeah but mehhh.

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
Beyond a shadow of a doubt never delivering paid for content. I've heard honest model shrug and say it sucks. Models should understand it has an effect on all models as the customer is less likely to buy more tokens. It did me.

Setting a Gold show with a buy-in price (We'll say $5), and then getting mad at the paying members for not chipping in more than $5 each. Lol.

I understand that you want that goal reached quicker and before the timer runs out, but it just sounds crazy to be snapping at these dudes for literally following your on-screen Gold show instructions. If it angers you that they're tipping the minimum to get in, then why not just raise your buy-in minimum to $7-$10 per guy instead? Even at $10 flat rate, they'd still be getting a hell of a bargain for a show that would otherwise have costed them $50+/$60+/$70+? in private.

But Shelly, these guys aren't gonna give me $10 for a Gold show. Hmmm. Well what did they do before Streamate introduced Gold shows as a feature? They paid your per-minute private rates...right? Trust me...they have the $10. And ya probably don't want bargain basement $1 dudes in your show anyway, right? Don't get mad...get glad...that you have the option to cancel the timer, and raise your buy-in price. Lol.

When you have a lot of work to do but you just want to eat your Taco Bell order and see friendly naked women so you log on and no one on your friend's list is on. You do the most horrible thing and click the " all models tab" and all you see are like 1000 lame arses.

So yeah not being online when I have Taco Bell, when I want to see friendly nakedness and procrastinate from real life. Dammmm u models!

• Funny!
Reactions: RebeccaT
I agree that if a girl is missing functional parts of her profile it's annoying as hell. I often complain when the top bar is missing, which includes a way to see if they're online (and a clickable link that goes to their chatroom if so) and the Send MFC Mail link.
View attachment 62610

I'm actually not sure how you'd add a model to your favorites if she is missing this part:

View attachment 62612

If you want to check them out when they're online, you have to click on them on the homepage, not on their profile. Add to friends or bookmark them. I think the bookmark is probably the handiest for what you may be looking for (and it can't be removed by the models since it's MFC functionality:

View attachment 62611

Edit: I figured this one out! There's a code in my CSS that says:
#about_me_label,#profile_header,#header_bar,#profile_main_photo,#main_photo,#profile_friends,#tags_value,#tags_container {
display:none;

I deleted "#profile_friends" and it displayed it. Hopefully this can help anyone else with a custom profile they had not written themselves or if they would like to hide certain sections.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Mira_xo
Posting on a popular model's profile (or any camgirl, for that matter) or going in her chatroom and saying "OMG! We should cam together!" when you've never talked to her before and know nothing about her. Wanting to cam with popular models just to boost their own popularity and income. I've seen other girls do this and I would get annoyed by it if it happened to me. Get to know a person first and see if you click, and then approach the subject of camming together down the road if you hit it off. Otherwise it seems like you're just using the person for money.

be a conservative.

absolutely disgusting.

If she's American and new to me I do a quick glance of her twitter before tipping her just in case she retweeted something pro-trump, right, racist, "both sides", "but her emails!!!!", "BLACK LIVES MATTER ARE TERRORISTS", "All Lives Matter!", "checkmate libtard lol pepe", etc.

Another one: a member gives a generous tip, and some idiot will chime in with "OMG! That's xxxx dollars to the model!" It's always someone who never, ever tips. Plus they're usually wrong about the amount (I had someone think that a 1000 token tip was 1000 dollars in my pocket-yeah right, I wish! lol) and it discourages other people from tipping because then they're worried that their 10-20 token tip will look cheap by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.