AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Along those same lines, a model I had been going to her room for some time, did a private with her. Asked her if she had closed all other camsites as I knew she broadcast on three, and she said "yes" she had. About three minutes into the private, I hear the "ding" from CB. I asked her about it, and she said no she wasn't on it. So, I pulled up a browser and checked for myself. Sure as shit, she was in public showing exactly what I was paying for in private.

Killed the private and she asked me what happened. I told her I didn't appreciate being lied to, as well as being used to pay for a private while being tipped in another site. She then decided to cuss me out via PM that I had already had the privilege of seeing her nude in the chat room right before I took her private. Yet, she does it quite frequently in open chat.

Needless to say, that ended any and all future communications with her.

I guess this is really common. I know one model who routinely does simultaneous privates on CB and MFC, and seems to average about five people spying during those shows. When she isn't doing simultaneous privates, she leaves the MFC show in public view. And - here is the unbelievable part - she isn't taking off clothes during most of those shows. It's just her and her fanboys chatting away. So for people in the public shows, they have no clue that she is in a private with someone else. I'm not sure what shocks me more: that some webcam performers treat the whole activity as a giant hustle, or that so many members are totally oblivious to it.

Not the worst thing by far and there are less than a handful that do it, but I'm not a fan of models who have a reasonably high countdown but do not deduct tokens earned from video sales or similar.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Bia
I can't read every post in this thread, so this may have been mentioned.

I like the Group Show feature on MFC. Some models feel more comfortable getting fully nude or doing sexual things in front of only paying members. It eliminates the guests and basics (some of whom are only there to record the model in order to post their session on another site).

What I don't like is when a model sets big-token topic countdowns in a group setting. Tipping during a group show should probably be strictly voluntary. Especially if there are 10 or more viewers. In that scenario, the model is making 100 tokens per minute. If she can average 10 viewers for 20 minutes, that's a decent amount of tokens. I think many group members will also tip 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 tokens just to show support. But a "3000 for panties off" countdown in a group show is likely to take an hour. If I only have 200-500 tokens, I am going to blast through those before any group countdown is met. I'm forced to jump out of the group and maybe join again in 5 minutes to see if any countdown progress has been made. I'd rather just watch a group show with no preset countdown goal and let the model do what is fun and comfortable for her.

Reactions: weirdbr
Not the worst thing by far and there are less than a handful that do it, but I'm not a fan of models who have a reasonably high countdown but do not deduct tokens earned from video sales or similar.

While I allow video sales to be factored into countdowns, I do understand the logic behind not wanting this.

If a model deems a video worth $20 and her cumshow worth $200, she wants $220 total for the work she put in, not $200 total for someone to get a video AND her to have a cumshow. At this point, the video was basically given away for "free" in her perspective.

Usually these models disclaim this on their profile -- to each their own.

Maybe you can offer a perspective on videos then.

The value of a video will presumably correlate to the amount of time and effort gone making and editing the video.

After a while, once most room regulars have bought it and the model has raked in a fair number of tokens, surely any future sales are just pure profit. What other expenses are there? From my perspective, if I buy a video, they are getting a few hundred extra tokens to simply send me a link. That seems like easy money to me, though I understand I could be missing something.

The value of a video will presumably correlate to the amount of time and effort gone making and editing the video.

After a while, once most room regulars have bought it and the model has raked in a fair number of tokens, surely any future sales are just pure profit. What other expenses are there? From my perspective, if I buy a video, they are getting a few hundred extra tokens to simply send me a link. That seems like easy money to me, though I understand I could be missing something.
No, you don't give a product away eventually, simply because you have sold "a fair number." Or, you could, but I don't think it's a wise business move in most cases.

I don't think I said anything about giving a product away.
I was simply attempting to make a comparison across industries so that perhaps you can understand better, since you said maybe you were missing something. If you are paying for a video, and also taking tokens off of the countdown, it's a two-for-one deal, no? If you bought the video offline, you'd just have the video, but since you tipped during a countdown, you get live entertainment as well. In addition to whatever is already going on on the screen that enticed you to tip for that video in the first place! Pretty sweet deal.

My point being that, if a cam performer doesn't want to run this promotion model, I totally get it. Free live cam is already offering a lot.

My other gripe today is PM's. I think I posted months ago about random models sending PM's, which I have alleviated by restricting PM's to friends and bookmarks only.

I now how an issue where I have 2-3 models on these lists who I quite like, but they jump in with PM the second I log in, not even giving me a chance to see who is online, check MFC mail, check the MissMFC lists etc etc.

I know the easy option here is to either adjust my PM settings or unfriend/unbookmark them, but that doesn't really solve my issue. As selfish as this may sound, I want to keep them available to chat but on my terms, not theirs. I guess I could be honest and tell them but I'm generally not a complete asshole and I don't really want to risk offending them.

Not sure of the best method here. It's times like this where I wish MFC would have a stealth mode/invisible mode.

My other gripe today is PM's. I think I posted months ago about random models sending PM's, which I have alleviated by restricting PM's to friends and bookmarks only.

I now how an issue where I have 2-3 models on these lists who I quite like, but they jump in with PM the second I log in, not even giving me a chance to see who is online, check MFC mail, check the MissMFC lists etc etc.

I know the easy option here is to either adjust my PM settings or unfriend/unbookmark them, but that doesn't really solve my issue. As selfish as this may sound, I want to keep them available to chat but on my terms, not theirs. I guess I could be honest and tell them but I'm generally not a complete asshole and I don't really want to risk offending them.

Not sure of the best method here. It's times like this where I wish MFC would have a stealth mode/invisible mode.

I have the same problem with models immediately grabbing for me when I am on, but why not just tell them the truth? For example:

"I am only on for five minutes now, but I may see you Wed/Thur/whatever day."
"I committed today to another model, but I hope I'll see you again."

It usually works out fine. Sometimes feelings get hurt, but honestly most of these models only want my tokens anyway so it is not the same at all as being in a real relationship. Playful jealousy is okay.

I also wish MFC had an invisible mode, but since it does not, I think being friendly and honest and direct is appreciated by the model. Blocking her in any way is much more likely to be seen as offensive. Just my opinion....

• Wat?!
Reactions: Picnic
"Can't talk right now" also works fine?

"I committed today to another model, but I hope I'll see you again."

Um, no. Don't say that. After all the stories I've seen about girls getting possessive and jealous about their members viewing other models, that just sounds like asking for trouble.

This happens to me a lot. Some models are just being friendly and saying hi. They don't expect you to stop what you are doing and jump into their room. However, a few models are trying to get you into their room because things are slow there (no tipping, no conversation, etc.). If you have a decent relationship with that model, just be polite and direct. "I love coming to your room. I will be back in there again soon. But today, I can't come to chat."
I feel like that is a reasonable way to handle it. Most models will understand.

It's completely fine to ignore a PM until you feel like replying or to not reply at all.

Well at this point your question is -- whether a model should consider a video as an assistant to clear countdowns, or as its own individual work. Some models are fine with video sales going toward count, and others are not. Consider this:

A few things that go into video making:
-Getting dressed up
-Setting up camera & background
-Filming lol
-Editing & uploading

Overall I'd say a bare minimum of 2 hrs a work, and depending on the complexity, it goes up from there. The expenses obviously include the camera + anything she's wearing, but how much it costs to make =/= how much it should be priced at.

You buy Apple products -- an iPhone in raw mineral value is obviously not $800, but you're buying the OS too, which is a bit harder to put a price tag on. When you buy a model's video, you aren't buying literally how much money went into it, you're buying it because it's her and you want to see her masturbate. That's why "pure profit" is confusing here.

One more thing before I abandon this topic (sorry, haha) --

Say, Photoshop, they created the program, but after however many sales they essentially "paid for" all the work that put into it. Does this mean that Photoshop should now send out their program for free? Because them sending a download link for money is just "pure profit"?

Hope you can relate my analogies to cam girls' videos!

But I'm not advocating they send out a video for free. They will still be receiving tokens in lieu of the video.

My question (which was pretty much answered well by you in the previous post) was whether those tokens should offset a current countdown at the time of purchasing.

I guess my view on this is based on the fact that I have seen many more models include it than not, so I guess I just see the minority that don't do it as a little bit stingy.

The other question then is should people then just tip arbitrarily for the countdown and expect nothing for the specific tip. Because most models would have flashes, teases, lovense vibrations etc for smaller token values towards the countdown. But on this argument, if you tip 100 for a boobs flash, then you are getting the boobs flash for 100, so why would this count for a countdown as well? Same logic, isn't it, or am I confusing what was a fairly simple topic?

But I'm not advocating they send out a video for free. They will still be receiving tokens in lieu of the video.
Then you're advocating they take tokens off the topic "for free" is kinda what she's trying to make you understand.

In a "2 for 1" scenario, 1 of the items is free. A video plus tokens off the countdown is 2 items, therefore one of the items has to be considered free.

If a girl purposefully puts her countdowns higher and also includes video/content sales in the countdown, then I think everything is compensated for. (This is what I do.)

Then you're advocating they take tokens off the topic "for free" is kinda what she's trying to make you understand.

In a "2 for 1" scenario, 1 of the items is free. A video plus tokens off the countdown is 2 items, therefore one of the items has to be considered free.

If a girl purposefully puts her countdowns higher and also includes video/content sales in the countdown, then I think everything is compensated for. (This is what I do.)

Yes, I think that's the fairest way.

I'm not sure if your saw my more recent post, but my analogy related to other tippable items that have 'value' in there own right.

So a video could cost 300 - the argument being put forward is that if you are getting a video with a value of 300, you shouldn't knock 300 from the countdown.

So by the same token (pun intended), one could tip 100 for a boob flash. Are you implying that by tipping the 100 tokens for a boob flash, that getting the boob flash is what your 100 is worth, so that wouldn't come off the count either.

Which leaves the unlikely scenario that essentially the only tip that would count to the countdown would just be a random tip that was literally just a contribution to the countdown. But I think you'd agree, that wouldn't really work out so well, would it?

So by the same token (pun intended), one could tip 100 for a boob flash. Are you implying that by tipping the 100 tokens for a boob flash, that getting the boob flash is what your 100 is worth, so that wouldn't come off the count either.
Some girls do that, too. :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mira_xo and Picnic
Um, no. Don't say that. After all the stories I've seen about girls getting possessive and jealous about their members viewing other models, that just sounds like asking for trouble.

And I have had that happen too. There is no right or wrong on this. But I want to live my life from a place of honesty, and if someone else behaves badly that reflects on them and not on me.

If I were in the model's shoes, I would appreciate someone's honesty to me more than the alternatives of being ignored or - even worse - being blocked.

I've been reading through a lot of these responses.
As a model, my biggest pet peeves are these.

- Models who down other models or try to stunt their income/business.

- Explaining that I'm hella new and having a surpluss of members try to take advantage of that.
^^^ i think this is the biggest. Because it makes me constantly skeptical about anyone.

I just made an MFC in June. I'm just now starting to use it regularly but it still makes me nervous

If I were in the model's shoes, I would appreciate someone's honesty to me more than the alternatives of being ignored or - even worse - being blocked.

You're not in the models shoes, though.

Again, there is not a right answer and wrong answer to these situations. As a human being, I appreciate it when people are honest and direct, and I tend to feel worse when people ignore me or - worse - block me. Each person will have their own preference, and yours is not less valid than mine.

Reactions: weirdbr

Being a model doesn't give a free pass on erratic behavior.

If you are asking a person, 'What are you online for today?' You HAVE TO be prepared for the answer good or bad. There's no customer requirement for empathy. Sure a member COULD saying something soft like, 'maybe later' but it's not cruel to tell the truth even if it's inconvenient. Models that block because the member doesn't want to spend time with them that day are 100% sure they aren't getting money in the future from that member by blocking them.

Again the original comment being talked about here is when a model ASKS the member because they see them online. This is not about him entering their rooms to notify them he's not going to spend money there, that would of course be a completely different story.

Reactions: Smores
Again the original comment being talked about here is when a model ASKS the member because they see them online.
The original comment didn't mention WHAT the girls say, just that they PM him. If they're just sayin "hey how are ya?!" replying with "I'm busy with another model today" is not needed and can hurt feelings if the model really was just saying hello.

We are many cam girls saying that many of us don't want to hear that. So
Each person will have their own preference, and yours is not less valid than mine.
it kinda does make our statements more valid since we're the ones with the experience.

If they're just sayin "hey how are ya?!"

Except this NEVER happens. As a member when you're getting PM out of the blue or when someone sees you online it's always solicitation. You can toss 'how are you' in the beginning but what follows is 100% going to be followup either asking what you are using your tokens on or ensuring the member knows how long you will be online to spend those tokens on them.

If a model is genuinely interested about your well being they usually have another offsite way to already contact you or will send an offline message. A model that's only communication with you is ONLY when you're online on MFC normally doesn't care beyond if you have tokens loaded.

tl;dr long term members become numb from solicitation PM.

Reactions: Smores
Except this NEVER happens. As a member when you're getting PM out of the blue or when someone sees you online it's always solicitation. You can toss 'how are you' in the beginning but what follows is 100% going to be followup either asking what you are using your tokens on or ensuring the member knows how long you will be online to spend those tokens on them.
If I recall you're more of a... SM... user than MFC/token site user?

When I'm on my anonymous member account on MFC and I get unprompted PMs from models, they're usually just saying "Hi".

Status
Not open for further replies.