AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thread like this is an opportunity for self-reflection. Ultimately we'll all do things our own way as streamers, and like the rooms/streamers we like whether or not most of the people ITT agree with it, but that doesn't mean this thread shouldn't be popular.

It's a good thing a thread like this is on a forum like this, because it's healthy for us all; for members and models alike to freely share their opinions on people in the industry without making anything a personal attack on anyone.
A lot of regular viewers would rather put up with behaviour they don't like than say something because they don't want to upset the streamer, making this thread an especially important safe space.

True. If it wasn't for this thread (I think it was this thread?), I'd have no idea that people find it annoying for a model's music to be coming out of the same laptop she streams from. Lol. So now...while streaming from this laptop, I'll have YouTube playing either on my second laptop or my cell phone (While I'm in middle of whipping out my second laptop).

I'd have no idea that people find it annoying for a model's music to be coming out of the same laptop she streams from
I find this annoying too because 1) even if it sounds good to the streamer irl, it turns out to be bad quality on stream, especially if it's from the same laptop and 2) I have no control over the music playing, so I might hate the song, and 3) sometimes I can't hear the streamer because the music is just too loud/distracting!

I personally don't stream with music because of these reasons (and I find it distracting/start relying on it to fill the silences instead of my own personality) but I understand the need to, especially if camming is your main source of income, because it does help pull you through long shifts.
If you're OK with risking that chance of a possible consequence for using copyrighted music, then please consider streaming on OBS, where you can make sure people are hearing the same music you are at good quality. You can easily slide the music volume heard on stream without affecting the volume you're hearing. You can then play it out of the same laptop; since the music should sync, it shouldn't overlap with your voice (unless your irl volume is louder than your voice through the mic).
The downside with OBS is that it eats CPU and while it would work on most computers, it might overheat a laptop with long term use.

If you want to play music without risking any copyright, and/or don't want the stream to hear it, I recommend buying wireless earphones! You can hide it behind your hair if you don't want people to tell that you're wearing it :angelic:
I have some wireless headphones that I use in my personal life that I love, love, love. makes chores so much easier to do when I can walk around a whole house, listening to music without worrying about hitting a connected chord.

I find this annoying too because 1) even if it sounds good to the streamer irl, it turns out to be bad quality on stream, especially if it's from the same laptop and 2) I have no control over the music playing, so I might hate the song, and 3) sometimes I can't hear the streamer because the music is just too loud/distracting!

I personally don't stream with music because of these reasons (and I find it distracting/start relying on it to fill the silences instead of my own personality) but I understand the need to, especially if camming is your main source of income, because it does help pull you through long shifts.
If you're OK with risking that chance of a possible consequence for using copyrighted music, then please consider streaming on OBS, where you can make sure people are hearing the same music you are at good quality. You can easily slide the music volume heard on stream without affecting the volume you're hearing. You can then play it out of the same laptop; since the music should sync, it shouldn't overlap with your voice (unless your irl volume is louder than your voice through the mic).
The downside with OBS is that it eats CPU and while it would work on most computers, it might overheat a laptop with long term use.

If you want to play music without risking any copyright, and/or don't want the stream to hear it, I recommend buying wireless earphones! You can hide it behind your hair if you don't want people to tell that you're wearing it :angelic:
I have some wireless headphones that I use in my personal life that I love, love, love. makes chores so much easier to do when I can walk around a whole house, listening to music without worrying about hitting a connected chord.

I'm good with what I'm currently doing, and get lots of compliments on my taste in music. But thanks. I have a bunch of other posts on here ranting about my issues using OBS. Lol.

It also creates an opportunity for us to explain possible reasons/motivations behind the behaviors that members find annoying. Maybe members feel less annoyed knowing that for some of the things, there is a very valid reason why it happens.
Absolutely this ^.
I have learnt so much from this forum already, just getting alternative perspectives from models and viewers alike really helps with understanding.

I’m so confused. You asked an old lady to touch your bread and groceries because a cam model played black jack?
I got that this is not an old lady' hand, but his own hands, nails painted, and in public under the rain as a punishment to be a blackjack's loser :D
'no ring' is maybe a plus to check his sex-appeal at this moment

When models turn things into a "....it's because you're jealous" situation.
Right now I just suggested (maybe that in itself is bad, I know I know) that a model change her "free spying off" for "soldiers" and enable it ONLY for "prince")
(solider = 100 tokens per month for the model / Prince = 500 tks).

This means the users who join the soldier fan club, will be able to spy on ANY and ALL regular pvt show for FREE, this model has her show on 8min already, so she relies heavily on pvt, having many each day, which means for £10 per month these guys are spying on FULL pvt shows for just 100 tokens, potentially HUNDREDS each month.

I have had many shows with her and have told her she is worth so much more, and "have you considered" (my exact wording to change it to the PRINCE instead of soldier. She came back by saying I am jealous..
Not sure how that works, I could easily buy this each month too - even I can easily afford £10.

But this is something, as I am sure others experience, you say/do, or don't say or don't do something, and we users are the jealous one.. lol
I don't get it most time. haha

This means the users who join the soldier fan club, will be able to spy on ANY and ALL regular pvt show for FREE, this model has her show on 8min already, so she relies heavily on pvt, having many each day, which means for £10 per month these guys are spying on FULL pvt shows for just 100 tokens, potentially HUNDREDS each month.
You lost me, which site lets you do free spy while private? or is this a situation where shes offering the ability to spy on CB with a bot while she privates on another site?

You lost me, which site lets you do free spy while private? or is this a situation where shes offering the ability to spy on CB with a bot while she privates on another site?

Stripchat.
Models can enable or disable the option based on the fan club tier, or she can disable/enable for all.
You will see with some models that have private shows set to 60+ but have fanclub spying enabled for soldier or lord (lord is 200 tokens per month), so these guys join fan club members and just sit in the room all day waiting for them to go private.

Edit:
some models do it in a way to promote themselves, quite smartly.
One model, I asked her why she has it because she has about 20 guys in her fanclub and sits there (her pvt show price is 60). She told me she disables it IF the person taking her private wants more than dancing, or topless.. if it's only those in a pvt, then she leaves it enabled for the fan members to spy free. So, in her situation, it's smart because some guys may see it and want to see more so buy her pvt themselves. She does have a mix of name colours (lots of gold and higher), but then has several greys who never bought tokens that can spy free on these shows. This model has since boosted it to "lord" or "prince", she had it on soldier to spy, now I think I only see half the amount buying the fanclub compared to when it was only £10 per month, but at double the price, she gets the same money

Last edited:
some models do it in a way to promote themselves, quite smartly.
One model, I asked her why she has it because she has about 20 guys in her fanclub and sits there (her pvt show price is 60). She told me she disables it IF the person taking her private wants more than dancing, or topless.

🤔Smart or....scam? Selling a subscription to spy on privates and then disable it? Oh i see they have a way to write a custom message on the fan club join prompt so guess they can cover themselves like that.

That seems like a really awkward feature right? I mean from the perspective of the person looking for a private because they can see icons next to fanclub members so when they take the model to private they know how many and who they are giving a free show to?

• Wat?!
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
🤔Smart or....scam? Selling a subscription to spy on privates and then disable it? Oh i see they have a way to write a custom message on the fan club join prompt so guess they can cover themselves like that.

That seems like a really awkward feature right? I mean from the perspective of the person looking for a private because they can see icons next to fanclub members so when they take the model to private they know how many and who they are giving a free show to?

I personally would not class that as a scam at all.
Even if you get to see a model dancing topless, potentially hundreds of times each month for £10, you can't really call that a scam.
They don't say "hey see my pvt shows and you get to see me in all my glory", there are no promises for what people do or don't see, and at that price on ALL shows, I would never say it's a scam.
I understand the point from you is that they disable it, but I still think you, I and everyone else can agree that is still an absolute bargain.

I personally would not class that as a scam at all.
Even if you get to see a model dancing topless, potentially hundreds of times each month for £10, you can't really call that a scam.
They don't say "hey see my pvt shows and you get to see me in all my glory", there are no promises for what people do or don't see, and at that price on ALL shows, I would never say it's a scam.
I understand the point from you is that they disable it, but I still think you, I and everyone else can agree that is still an absolute bargain.
Oh yes no doubt from a value perspective still a very good deal, flipping through i can see a lot of models have it disabled

I get annoyed when a model will instantly PM and copy/paste something, followed by another message saying "start pvt".
Like just now as an example, she said "hi dear ready for pussi" (actually she pasted it twice to me in 2 messages) then instantly (before i could even say hi) sent another message saying "press privet".

She has 2 thumbs up and 2 thumbs down, which doesn't inspire confidence enough to make me want to take her for a private show (she must be new she has 170 followers).
I understand she is still learning, but not necessarily, it could just be a new account - you never know.

Regardless of new or experienced, this is always annoying when a model does it.

Edit:
Just to ask you, models, what is the best thing for a member to do or say in this kind of situation?
I will just say nothing and leave. I do feel rude but, from it, I have already decided it won't be a room/show for me.
Is there a way in which a member can politely try to say/explain maybe it's not the best approach and it could scare guys away?
Should you just make your polite excuses with a "no thanks" and then leave? Or just leaving how I usually do is the best?

I get annoyed when a model will instantly PM and copy/paste something, followed by another message saying "start pvt".
Like just now as an example, she said "hi dear ready for pussi" (actually she pasted it twice to me in 2 messages) then instantly (before i could even say hi) sent another message saying "press privet".

She has 2 thumbs up and 2 thumbs down, which doesn't inspire confidence enough to make me want to take her for a private show (she must be new she has 170 followers).
I understand she is still learning, but not necessarily, it could just be a new account - you never know.

Regardless of new or experienced, this is always annoying when a model does it.

Edit:
Just to ask you, models, what is the best thing for a member to do or say in this kind of situation?
I will just say nothing and leave. I do feel rude but, from it, I have already decided it won't be a room/show for me.
Is there a way in which a member can politely try to say/explain maybe it's not the best approach and it could scare guys away?
Should you just make your polite excuses with a "no thanks" and then leave? Or just leaving how I usually do is the best?

Her PMing you out of the blue like that demanding you take her private is rude and entitled, imo. For all we know, you would have been willing to tip her in the public chat if she hadn't annoyed you right off the bat, and actually gave you a chance to say hi before badgering you about going private. Just tell her no, thanks...you prefer to chat with her in the public chat right now. If she doesn't like that and bans you, then that should tell you that's not the kind of model you want to waste your time with.

Her PMing you out of the blue like that demanding you take her private is rude and entitled, imo. For all we know, you would have been willing to tip her in the public chat if she hadn't annoyed you right off the bat, and actually gave you a chance to say hi before badgering you about going private. Just tell her no, thanks...you prefer to chat with her in the public chat right now. If she doesn't like that and bans you, then that should tell you that's not the kind of model you want to waste your time with.

As a customer, I have the same reaction to that approach as I do when I’m greeted by a pushy salesperson at a retail store. It’s off-putting and it puts me on the defensive. So even though I entered the room inclined to spend tokens (or money), I’m suddenly guarding my wallet. Which is not the mind state you want a potential customer to be in, IMO.

The thing is, some guys do like this. So maybe she is making money off of them. She is the only one who can decide if that's the crowd she wants to cater to and if it's working out well enough for her, so telling her to change her hustle from the position of a new member in the room... idk good luck.

We need to be constantly analyzing our businesses, figuring out if the things we are doing are getting the desired effect or not. You said she is new, so I would give her time to figure out her own hustle, what feels right to her. As for other more established performers/rooms where something like this happens, again, I wouldn't say anything personally. If members leaving silently when asked immediately for private doesn't send them the message over time, then nothing will. And maybe they like their business this way, we don't know.

If they want help, they can ask. Just let it be and move on. Do you really want to be playing coach to every model who jumps the shark anyway? Enjoy your time on the site, don't turn it into work for yourself.

As a customer, I have the same reaction to that approach as I do when I’m greeted by a pushy salesperson at a retail store. It’s off-putting and it puts me on the defensive. So even though I entered the room inclined to spend tokens (or money), I’m suddenly guarding my wallet. Which is not the mind state you want a potential customer to be in, IMO.

The sales people they used to have here at the mall (At the stand where they were selling some expensive product for your nails) were awful. They would stop you while you're walking, and would take you by the hand and talk about how beautiful they could make your nails. There were men and women who worked at this stand, but most of the time it was men. Sometimes I'd be trying to quickly get outside to catch my bus, and they could see that I was in a hurry...and would still try to stop me. Nope, I just kept walking, and when they started talking I'd say "No, thanks!" and keep it moving. I remember the mall's Facebook page had all these angry comments from people talking about these pushy salespeople touching them.

Even when my favorite shoe store Payless was still around, the "You still doing okay? Let me know if I can help you find anything" every few minutes from the same person was just too much. I know they're probably trained to do that, but every few minutes? Come on now. It's like that at Bath & Body Works too.

The sales people they used to have here at the mall (At the stand where they were selling some expensive product for your nails) were awful. They would stop you while you're walking, and would take you by the hand and talk about how beautiful they could make your nails. There were men and women who worked at this stand, but most of the time it was men. Sometimes I'd be trying to quickly get outside to catch my bus, and they could see that I was in a hurry...and would still try to stop me. Nope, I just kept walking, and when they started talking I'd say "No, thanks!" and keep it moving. I remember the mall's Facebook page had all these angry comments from people talking about these pushy salespeople touching them.

Even when my favorite shoe store Payless was still around, the "You still doing okay? Let me know if I can help you find anything" every few minutes from the same person was just too much. I know they're probably trained to do that, but every few minutes? Come on now. It's like that at Bath & Body Works too.

Yeah, the ones at the kiosks down the middle of the mall? They’re super pushy where I live, too. In a way I sympathize with them. That has to be a hard job. But still, just forcing themselves into my path doesn’t make me want to reward them with a purchase.

But at least they’re just trying to sell me some sunglasses or sneaker whitener. They never ask me to go private. :)

Yeah, the ones at the kiosks down the middle of the mall?

Yup, that's them. They're not there anymore though, and haven't been for a long time. The mall probably got so many complaints about them. Last year there was a spot in the mall where this cool guy was selling a variety of face masks, but then he told me he had an incident where some old guy started harassing him for selling "Black Lives Matter" masks, and interrogating the salesperson about in what country he was born. 🙄

Luckily here in England, we don't have those kinds of salespeople, thankfully. It's only in the expensive stores, as you would expect. But that's more of a luxury role rather than being pushy.

So, I think for me it's a bit more annoying because here it's just not something that happens.
It's ok if you're looking a bit lost or confused (even if you're not, and you're just trying to decide) but to have someone jump down your throat to sell you something instantly, is - for me- very annoying and makes me instantly think "nope". It's always better to let the customer find the staff/worker and ask.

I can't obviously say if this does or does not work for her or personally overall, I did see multiple guys come and leave after a few minutes, not sure if it was because of the similar scenario I described or just because they had their own, other preferences.

A thread like this is an opportunity for self-reflection. Ultimately we'll all do things our own way as streamers

100% Agree with that.

I'd have no idea that people find it annoying for a model's music to be coming out of the same laptop she streams from.

Yes, it's anoying because it makes bad quality streaming, and everyone does not have the same music tastes. (it happen me at start with people complaing about lag on my streams)

For example. most of latinas rooms always have reggaeton music, I really hate that music.

I hardly play music when I'm streaming, because, I like classic rock and J-rock music and I know not everyone likes that, and if I do it, it's from an USB on my TV and with lower sound.

Last edited:
Luckily here in England, we don't have those kinds of salespeople, thankfully. It's only in the expensive stores, as you would expect. But that's more of a luxury role rather than being pushy.

So, I think for me it's a bit more annoying because here it's just not something that happens.
It's ok if you're looking a bit lost or confused (even if you're not, and you're just trying to decide) but to have someone jump down your throat to sell you something instantly, is - for me- very annoying and makes me instantly think "nope". It's always better to let the customer find the staff/worker and ask.
I struggle w that too after growing up in Britain where people are more reserved and dry. I find it extremely rude. For the most part I ghost people who do that i.e. it doesn't work on me at all either. But there are a lot of people who are apparently looking for that level of directedness on cam sites.

Idk if you think there's a chance you could become a regular it might be worth mentioning. I know from my point of view that I'm happy to change my approach for guys who visit regularly. With me it's the opposite though, I usually have to be more aggressive, because naturally, I don't pester people (since I HATE being pestered myself). So although overall, I kinda agree with Mollie Marie's approach of silence and leaving, I also think there could be value in explaining what you like (to certain models, if you think there's a chance you could perhaps become a regular). Otherwise, if it's a quick spank and leave one-off, I wouldn't bother. She'd never remember you anyway.

ETA; I get pestered by other models on MV via DM fairly regularly, looking for some kind of verbal agreement to like their stuff for like's back, and Re-MVs. I usually ghost them (ie no response). Or say something like; "Too aggressive, not looking for extra work. Leave me alone." It's not super polite on my part, but... it's also not super polite for some model I don't know from Jack to start trying to boss me around. Especially since it's literally never someone who has a high # of followers. It's always someone w less than me, that would get more from the deal. Which angers me. Seems very rude.

Last edited:
True. If it wasn't for this thread (I think it was this thread?), I'd have no idea that people find it annoying for a model's music to be coming out of the same laptop she streams from. Lol. So now...while streaming from this laptop, I'll have YouTube playing either on my second laptop or my cell phone (While I'm in middle of whipping out my second laptop).
Oooh that’s a good tip!

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Yes, it's anoying because it makes bad quality streaming, and everyone does not have the same music tastes. (it happen me at start with people complaing about lag on my streams)

For example. most of latinas rooms always have reggaeton music, I really hate that music.

I hardly play music when I'm streaming, because, I like classic rock and J-rock music and I know not everyone likes that, and if I do it, it's from an USB on my TV and with lower sound.

Well that's awfully generous/thoughtful of y'all to deprive yourself (The only word I could think of...lol) of the music you enjoy because not everyone likes it. If someone didn't like my music (Which usually does not happen), I'd let them know they can always tip for a song request. Mine is mostly R&B with some other genres mixed in. I could not imagine camming on a free chat site without listening to music...nor would I want to. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.