AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For example. most of latinas rooms always have reggaeton music, I really hate that music.
Same here :)
Also do they have a little idea of who are the tippers ? I'm quiet certain that, with this music, they attract more young people without tokens than divorced boomers having too much.

• Funny!
Reactions: Smores and EvaMoon
Same here :)
Also do they have a little idea of who are the tippers ? I'm quiet certain that, with this music, they attract more young people without tokens than divorced boomers having too much.

I am ok with reggaeton. But yes, even if you love it, it gets redundant hearing it in almost every room. Once in a while you’ll find classic rock playing in one of their rooms, and without fail, the public chat will be sprinkled with “love the music” type comments. Which I think isn’t so much about the music itself, but other users recognizing that this room isn’t as cookie-cutter as the others.

Oh I did laugh last year at how often I heard blinding lights. Like the song just seemed everyone played it at least once a day.

Well that's awfully generous/thoughtful of y'all to deprive yourself (The only word I could think of...lol) of the music you enjoy because not everyone likes it.

I was always criticized for my musical tastes :(. Thats why maybe I dont get confortable playing loudly music when I broadcast.

When I broadcast I only play music to block the moaning sounds out of my bedroom xD.

The music thing annoys me. Not models playing whatever music they want, but members complaining about said music. It's like going to a strip club. The music isn't there for every person who visits because everyone likes different types of music. The dancers choose the music they like to dance to. People can, of course, ask their favorite dancer to play a certain song. If they tip enough and if the dancer feels like it, then they'll play it. Camming is no different. Music is a huge thing in my room. Like many people, my mood is affected by different types of music. I play music that I like and that makes me feel a certain way. I created a playlist of songs that people in my room requested - a mish mash of different genres from different eras. I rarely play the list (and when I do, it's usually at the end of my stream) because I don't like the mood it puts me in for streaming. (I'll listen to the list when I'm not camming though and I've learned about many different groups that I would've never heard before.) However, if someone wants certain music or no music during a private, then I'll grant their request. In public chat though, I'm going to listen to what I want.

The music thing annoys me. Not models playing whatever music they want, but members complaining about said music. It's like going to a strip club. The music isn't there for every person who visits because everyone likes different types of music. The dancers choose the music they like to dance to. People can, of course, ask their favorite dancer to play a certain song. If they tip enough and if the dancer feels like it, then they'll play it. Camming is no different. Music is a huge thing in my room. Like many people, my mood is affected by different types of music. I play music that I like and that makes me feel a certain way. I created a playlist of songs that people in my room requested - a mish mash of different genres from different eras. I rarely play the list (and when I do, it's usually at the end of my stream) because I don't like the mood it puts me in for streaming. (I'll listen to the list when I'm not camming though and I've learned about many different groups that I would've never heard before.) However, if someone wants certain music or no music during a private, then I'll grant their request. In public chat though, I'm going to listen to what I want.

EXACTLY. The spotlight is supposed to be on the model, and our chat rooms are a place for members to get to know us and our interests. We always tell members that they need to tip for their requests, and I don't see why the same shouldn't apply to song requests. If they don't feel like listening to me jammin' to Stevie Wonder or whoever right now, and instead they wanna hear that other song(s) they like right now...then they can go ahead and TIP ME for the song request or go private.

If they happen to dislike R&B music (or whatever I'm playing) so much that they don't want to spend another minute in my room because I'm not making it all about them (For free), okay, bye.....

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Ooh, she's flashing her tits right now, but dammit...she's playing Stevie Wonder when I'd rather hear some Marilyn Manson. I'm not staying in this room!
:giggle:

Annoying? When they make out that they have feelings that go beyond the normal camsite business.
A European studio model I visit hasn't been online for the last couple of weeks.
She just sent me a DM.
model: hey lover. I miiiiiiisss u sooooo much :h:
me: hmmm. so you'll be online later today then?
model: oh. yes. but i really do miss u :)

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Annoying? When they make out that they have feelings that go beyond the normal camsite business.
A European studio model I visit hasn't been online for the last couple of weeks.
She just sent me a DM.
model: hey lover. I miiiiiiisss u sooooo much :h:
me: hmmm. so you'll be online later today then?
model: oh. yes. but i really do miss u :)

With a studio model, sometimes it is an employee of the studio who uses email/messaging/social media PM as a way to market to you. I watched a studio model who I really liked for a few weeks, but after I started to receive her studio's promotional garbage constantly I just banned her from my mind.

Some of my favorite clips from her messages to me:

"I want us to have sex on the bed, on the floor, and on the table."
That's good to know, except we had never had a private together at that point. lol

"I love your body, every millimeter"
Excellent, except for one detail: you have never seen my body, even one millimeter of it.

This whole experience with webcam models has taught me to listen for authenticity. Getting good at identifying what is true to a person's personality and interests is now everything to me.

On the music issue, I will put music off or play requests in private shows. Otherwise, if no one's paying I play it the volume and type I want. None of my regulars care, because they know fine well that as soon as private starts I'll put it off. If freeloaders have an issue with my music, idgaf. Pay for a private chat or tip for a song change. Black and white 🤷‍♀️ My room, that you're a visitor too, I'm not visiting you.... get it. My territory, my rules, what makes me feel most comfortable. Until you pay, you are just a guest, and have no right to complain or change a thing; outfits, music, my demeanor ... nada. Just like when you go to someone's house you don't tell them to change the rug, or change their lights, serve a different meal etc - because that would be rude as fuck. Simple. I do plenty well w business and have never had one single complaint about the music. So a lot of dudes understand perfectly well how it works, and have no problem with it. And the rest... well they can go to some model charging 6 tokens a minute on CB and bark up her tree. She might actually be silly enough to care on such petty, small issues.

Last edited:
There isn't anywhere else for me to stick this and to be honest it's a question on "was I an arsehole by asking this?"
(but it also fits here because obviously - in my opinion - this is a very bad over-reaction to an innocent question)
I don't want to gamble on "maybe she will get naked or maybe she won't" when I am spending $100, that to me is a decent chunk of money so I don't personally think what I asked or said, or how I worded it was a problem.. Was it? Would love your opinions so - if I was the arsehole - I don't do it again.

[me]: do you get fully naked in pvt?
[model]: sometimes))
[me]: if i take you pvt soon, i would want you to get naked
[model]: haha
[me]: what you do when you're naked is up to you. pose, sit, dance, i dont care lol
[model]: i will decide babe
[me]: we would need to decide before the pvt starts
[me]: i dont want to take you pvt expecting naked and then you decide you wont get naked
[model]: i will ban u now
[model]: stop
[model]: putting youre rules
[model]: its my page
[model]: dont like go away
[me]: i apologize for any offense
[me]: it wasn't my intention, just a question

Reactions: odioso
Definitely not asshole behavior, it's a fair question and most would be glad that you bothered to ask up front rather than potentially end a private early.
Maybe she just gets asked that question a lot though, and likely by many without any intention of following up and ask for private.
So without knowing the context (like have you visited her before, how long you were in the room before asking, if you had tipped etc), maybe you just caught her on a bad day?

With a studio model, sometimes it is an employee of the studio who uses email/messaging/social media PM as a way to market to you. I watched a studio model who I really liked for a few weeks, but after I started to receive her studio's promotional garbage constantly I just banned her from my mind.
Yep seen this a lot and it is laughable. Not the case with this particular model.
I used to enjoy teasing them a little - like replying "can you do again what we did last time?" and then wait for the response.
But now I just ignore and move on.

• Funny!
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
There isn't anywhere else for me to stick this and to be honest it's a question on "was I an arsehole by asking this?"
(but it also fits here because obviously - in my opinion - this is a very bad over-reaction to an innocent question)
I don't want to gamble on "maybe she will get naked or maybe she won't" when I am spending $100, that to me is a decent chunk of money so I don't personally think what I asked or said, or how I worded it was a problem.. Was it? Would love your opinions so - if I was the arsehole - I don't do it again.

[me]: what you do when you're naked is up to you. pose, sit, dance, i dont care lol
[me]: i dont want to take you pvt expecting naked and then you decide you wont get naked

What I would say is that you each want different things. It's also obvious that the chemistry is wrong. I am more like you than her and I can say I would have been long gone much earlier in that conversation. Listening to her is like someone scratching fingers down the chalkboard. I'm not invalidating her feelings or her need to control her show. I just don't like her, and that is subjective. She did not like you either, and that is okay too. I would say you could both ban each other after that conversation, and everything worked out as it should for both of you.

You were aggressive, but your questions are fair. That said, was she a new model, because that makes a big difference in how you approach this topic.

If a model is new, I always cut her slack. And I think this is not the right time to take such a girl private as well. I prefer to just chat with her and see how her show develops over time. When I know her well enough to feel that she is comfortable with her sexuality and with me, then I start taking her private. I follow one model who for the first month was effectively non nude. Normally I am not big about following non nude models, but I will at least follow until the model's show is established. This model seemed very shy about getting nude, but everything about her body language said that she was unbelievably sensual and sexual and extremely comfortable about her own body and what she liked. Over the first month, she became comfortable with the format and started being semi-nude in her shows. Her fantasies end up overlapping mine 95%, and now in privates OMFG. :) :) Had I taken her private in the first two weeks and asked her to be nude, I think I would have gotten the wrong idea about what she was like. Even still, never in my wildest dreams would I expect her to end up being what she is with me now. So patience with someone who is new can pay off.

If a model is established, then I understand your approach. However if an established model answers your first question with "sometimes" I am only going to continue with her if there is some amazing chemistry in conversation.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I don't personally think what I asked or said, or how I worded it was a problem.. Was it? Would love your opinions so - if I was the arsehole - I don't do it again.
I think what you said was fine. I get this kind of question a lot, as a non-nude performer, lots of members do ask to clarify. Which I appreciate, if they are polite in doing so. In all the ways I've been asked, your approach wouldn't make me blink an eye. If you changed anything about it, you could say "I would like" instead of "I would want," it softens the tone a bit. But that is nitpicky, and like I said, it was fine the way you said it anyway. I think it's more that the two of you weren't a good fit, she is selling a different fantasy from the one you are looking for. And you wanted an answer that left no room for wondering what to expect, which it seems was in opposition to her persona/hustle tactics. No need to change your whole MO over it, just not the right match.

Harmless, understandable question on your part. That is something she should not have beat about the bush with (imo), and just answered directly upfront. It's obvious what you are wanting. Instead of making you have to draw it out of her, all she needed to do right up front, was say it depends on... a) b) c). She'd have to be an idiot not to understand that. As the potential paying customer I don't feel you should have to put that level of work into asking such an obviously relevant question past where you asked; do you get fully naked in pvt? If she can't deal with that question, and people asking direct questions, then good luck to her in camming.

It was sweet you apologized because I didn't see where or why you needed to. I don't think you should have to feel guilty for asserting your desires and needs upfront, before potentially spending a chunk of money. I think from where she says "i will ban you now" on is absolutely ridiculous. And the coy, indirectness prior to that is irritating imo also (to me it comes across as game playing and tricky) but I guess somewhat understandable from a new inexperienced model only.

But, yeah, as a viewer you are nicer than me. I would have left the room after the "i will decide babe". Because I feel, at that point, she's twisting an understandable and direct question, into something it's not.

Last edited:

Look at the way she responded by saying "Haha" (What's she laughing at? Seems immature.) and "I will decide, babe." And then how her responses just go downhill from there. Sounds like she took it the wrong way, and thought you were being demanding and bossy or something when you actually weren't. Lol.

She probably got defensive over the "I don't want to take you private expecting naked, and then you decide you won't get naked" part. But you were just trying to confirm with her that she's willing to get fully naked in private. After all, you're not trying to dish out $100 to a model who won't even give you a straight answer, and is being obnoxious talking about "Sometimes I get fully naked in private." Um...but will you get naked for Brett M right now in private is the question? It's a simple yes or no. Lol.

No, you weren't an asshole. It's up to you if you want to keep hanging out in this model's room, but I don't see why you would. It sounds like you'll be pulling your hair out every time you try to ask her something, or have a conversation with her. Or you might feel like you're walking on eggshells, trying to NOT get banned.

Reactions: odioso and NotYou
Been sitting on this one for a while now:

I'd been visiting this model regularly for several months, and we had been chatting most days outside of the cam site.
I was on a business trip, sitting alone in a hotel room one night contemplating options (early to bed, or Netflix!) when she sent me a message, asking what I was up to.
She told me she had just got home after her show, was feeling super horny and asked if I'd like to play?
Well, of course I forgot all about an early night or another movie.
We ended up using a remote app to have a lot of fun using her toy, and we shared video. It was great, such a surprise and a genuinely unexpected sexy experience.

Next time I was in her room, maybe a week later, she messaged me and wrote that on her tip menu, control of her toy is 300 tokens for 5 minutes.
She asked if I would be tipping her the 2,400 tokens for the 30 minutes of hotel room fun........
I was so shocked, I did not know if she was serious or joking.
Turned out she was just kidding me, but it was a very awkward moment. I even looked back through the messages we'd exchanged to see if there had been anything I'd missed, but no.
Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no issue tipping well and for everything during a show, and have never ever asked for anything from a model outside of work, but this one felt really weird since it had been the model's own suggestion.
Guess it was a very good 'GOTCHA' moment from her perspective :)

Models letting greys talk ..

View attachment 88935
Models should not have to put up with this sh!t, and I don't think it should be seen as their fault for allowing greys to comment. Sure, they can run bots to block that but numerous reasons why they might not want to, especially if still building a following.
Well I really hope someone reported 'bobbyy84888' and sent that screenshot to support........ and of course, banned them immediately from the room.
I'd expect the vast majority of greys in the room would just be happy to sit back and enjoy a free show, and wouldn't want to see the threat carried out, but all the same - this is the mentality of some. Can't fix stoopid.

Last edited:
One reason that some models might be letting grays talk is that the colored members are too damn quiet, and it's just awkward silence (Unless she has music on...I still stand by what I said that music playing in free chat is CRUCIAL...at least for me, it is!). Maybe the models figure fuck it...at least I'll get some conversation out of these grays to start out. Then again, if that conversation is just "Show bobs bb" and "Open bobs bb," then they're better off just keeping them muted. Lol.

Or maybe some of the models think that some gray members will eventually buy tokens and tip her (Because they like her for "giving them a chance" in her room). Who knows? Lol.

Now would I, personally, let grays talk? FUUUCK NO. :giggle: I'm just pointing out that maybe those are some reasons other models might decide to let grays talk.

But yeah, if your room is pretty much being taken over by rude, beggin-ass, demanding grays, you need to clean that shit up because it's gonna piss off a lot of the colored members with tokens. And they're gonna get annoyed at the model too for allowing it to continue.

One reason that some models might be letting grays talk is that the colored members are too damn quiet, and it's just awkward silence (Unless she has music on...I still stand by what I said that music playing in free chat is CRUCIAL...at least for me, it is!). Maybe the models figure fuck it...at least I'll get some conversation out of these grays to start out. Then again, if that conversation is just "Show bobs bb" and "Open bobs bb," then they're better off just keeping them muted. Lol.

Or maybe some of the models think that some gray members will eventually buy tokens and tip her (Because they like her for "giving them a chance" in her room). Who knows? Lol.

Now would I, personally, let grays talk? FUUUCK NO. :giggle: I'm just pointing out that maybe those are some reasons other models might decide to let grays talk.

But yeah, if your room is pretty much being taken over by rude, beggin-ass, demanding grays, you need to clean that shit up because it's gonna piss off a lot of the colored members with tokens. And they're gonna get annoyed at the model too for allowing it to continue.
^ Yes!
It sounds like there are different options depending on the cam site you're on, but a way of muting all viewers without tokens at the model's discretion seems like a good idea - like default to allow chat, but a click of a button to mute, if things get untidy.
When I join the room that I moderate in, often the chat window is full of rude, obnoxious and baiting comments. I always remind folk of the room rules, and then start silencing if they ignore that. Shuts up the others pretty quickly.
I know that moderators are often frowned upon by experienced models, but I really do think that (on CB at least) just having a red name as a subtle presence in the room seems to be a deterrent to that kind of BS.
Course, some reds spam so much of their own sh!t that the rude greys don't get a look in anyway, but that's a whole other issue :)

Reactions: MarieElise
I know that moderators are often frowned upon by experienced models,
I don't know, I used to have that stance, but the more I read here the more I see that there are some guys who could be really, really helpful to the room flow, and seem really good.
What I don't understand though is what do you guys, who are good like that, and trying to do the best thing, get out of it for yourselves?
Isn't it just a case of frustrating free work for you? I address this at Rocking Rod, but if any of the others who moderate want to answer too, I'd love to hear it.

It seems like some of you work so hard, and care so much for these models. But what do you get back for yourselves? I mean, other than a headache?

I don't know, I used to have that stance, but the more I read here the more I see that there are some guys who could be really, really helpful to the room flow, and seem really good.
What I don't understand though is what do you guys, who are good like that, and trying to do the best thing, get out of it for yourselves?
Isn't it just a case of frustrating free work for you? I address this at Rocking Rod, but if any of the others who moderate want to answer too, I'd love to hear it.

It seems like some of you work so hard, and care so much for these models. But what do you get back for yourselves? I mean, other than a headache?
That's another great question!
Obviously can only answer for myself, but an honest answer is that I never wanted to be a moderator; like a few here, a model just made me one, with no prior discussion.
We talked about it afterwards, and long story short - not 100% clear at the time on her motivations for doing so - I said I would do my best to help out with keeping the chat clean, silencing spammers etc. under her room rules. But I suspect she makes certain people moderators so that she can see as soon as they enter or leave her room.
I always try to engage with the viewers and be friendly, but never do any of the "mod room takeover" stuff, like speaking for the model, thanking each tipper, filling chat with GIFs, harrassing for tips, and answering questions (unless it's really simple, like something already on her tip menu or in her bio). That drives me nuts.

In the first weeks and months of being a mod, I actually found my enjoyment of the room decreased due to the focus on trying to do a good job, competing with enjoying the show, tipping regularly, and contributing to chat. Now, I am much more comfortable, maybe my multi-tasking skills have improved - but more likely I have just got used to it. And on the quiet nights, it's nice to keep each other company and talk shit, play music, poke fun etc.

Also, I do not visit every show. Even if it wasn't for paid work commitments, I would still do this because I want to enjoy my time there and not risk it feeling like a daily chore.

In my case, the model is appreciative of the input - but that is not what I do it for. It's really about honoring a commitment that I made to help someone, who I have over time grown to care for as a genuine friend, and want to support. It's not an easy relationship to describe, and I use that word loosely - we have become close, but there are boundaries.

I'm sure there are some mods who see themselves as closer to the model somehow if they are a moderator, and maybe it also gives them an ego boost to be seen by others as the model's friend, or to have power/authority. And many like the ability to pm the model at any time for free.......
I suspect these above types are typically the people who ask models to make them moderators - it's for their own benefit, not the model's.

The members that make their way here are ones who have some extra invested interest and care for the models they interact with. It's SUCH a small subset of the overall memberpool, unfortunately. And of the members that do make it to ACF, an even smaller amount of them would make great room moderators, IMO.

So I'd say don't change your stance overall due to the small test base we have here.

I only utilize "room helpers" (they are named differently and a very different type of mod on MFC than on CB, where it's more like a badge of pride) during 10-30 minute spans of time during shows where my hands are occupied... but I think the couple of people that I've had help me with that do it because it's a kind of respect thing. They know I value their help, and they are people that always have more interaction with me than other members do. (I play video games with them, exchange fun/silly/funny PMs with them, discuss things in a more personal matter than I do with other members). So I think they do it to just be part of that trust and respect factor.

You could ask @ZenHedonist though, he's my most frequent "bouncer" lol.

a model just made me one, with no prior discussion.
We talked about it afterwards, and long story short - not 100% clear at the time on her motivations for doing so
As I noted a moment ago, on CB it's more of a badge of pride thing, and I think a lot of models hand it out as if to reward members, or make them feel special. Which I think is kind of silly since moderators are supposed to actually help, not just have an ego :D. So your model probably thought she was rewarding you.

As I noted a moment ago, on CB it's more of a badge of pride thing, and I think a lot of models hand it out as if to reward members, or make them feel special. Which I think is kind of silly since moderators are supposed to actually help, not just have an ego :D. So your model probably thought she was rewarding you.
Yes! I think passing the "interview" for a mod role should just assess the person's ego.
On CB, the maximum timeframe to grant mod status to someone is 6 months at a time. My latest 6 just expired, so next time I enter the room, I'll be back to purple.
I am not going to point this out, and just see what happens. I'll probably get a pm asking why I'm not silencing spammers.

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking of perhaps rejoining a more token site model of site, as a second site, once I am back to full-time status again. So this is helpful information. Although I guess the need for mods/ helpers or not would depend on if I even were to do that well on a token site anyway lol. So I'm probably jumping the gun, but it is just a general, repeated question that has been popping in my mind recently i.e.; what the heck do mods get out of being mods? Why do they do it? What makes it worth the effort?

The members that make their way here are ones who have some extra invested interest and care for the models they interact with. It's SUCH a small subset of the overall memberpool, unfortunately.

THIS. Lots of cool dudes (past and present) from this forum. It's really refreshing. Lol.

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking of perhaps rejoining a more token site model of site, as a second site, once I am back to full-time status again. So this is helpful information. Although I guess the need for mods/ helpers or not would depend on if I even were to do that well on a token site anyway lol. So I'm probably jumping the gun, but it is just a general, repeated question that has been popping in my mind recently i.e.; what the heck do mods get out of being mods? Why do they do it? What makes it worth the effort?

I think one thing to consider is dos and don'ts for your mods, what you do and don't like or want them to do etc.
(these vary hugely from model to model - some want guys to constantly post messages and images to say "tip tip tip" and then others hate the begging aspect of it,but will want a little reminder sometimes that there is a goal, tip menu, etc - imo this latter one is the better)

For me, I don't really get anything out of it other than I genuinely do like to be able to help people, although I guess because I am not a big tipper but will be in a room with a model regularly, I feel like at least then I am giving SOMETHING back. However once again, with that said, I don't need to be red or whatever to help - I will help regardless if I can.
I don't think you should give to receive (same for birthdays and Christmas etc). Although don't get me wrong, everything I do is by far not selfless because I ultimately live by the whole thing of "I may need help with something tomorrow and someone might be kind enough to give me that [free] help" (imagine breaking down in your car on the road, you'd hope some random stranger would stop to help you, because they too would hope they same, etc)

Some models give it as a reward or even have it as a tip menu item to become a mod, which is obviously just a way to make the guy feel special - these ones are more usually not "power" but more they are now red in the room and look special.

I think one thing to consider is dos and don'ts for your mods, what you do and don't like or want them to do etc.
Yep sounds like clear communication is key.

Sounds like you are basically saying that what goes around comes around. I hold that philosophy too.

The only way I could see it (just from my own personal perspective) would be if it was more of a social thing, and I just liked joking, laughing, and socializing with that particular model. I guess from that perspective I can totally understand why a dude would be open to helping certain models. Or maybe if that model had the ideal body type for that dude, and by helping he gets some extra spank bank material. But in that latter case, I still feel like that only goes so far, and would get super boring, and not worth helping someone hot, out for hours over.

There has to be some kind of personal compatibility or friendship aspect in it, for me to understand the motivation. From that angle, I can personally understand it a bit better. But different people probably have different, varying motivations I suppose.

I find it very interesting to read what you all have to say about it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.