AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RoseRuby said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
Most annoying thing a model can do:

Beg on Twitter for offline tips or for members to buy something off their wishlist. Also, whining about being behind on bills. This is especially annoying if the model has a high camscore. If you're making $100+ an hour, there's no excuse to be unable to pay bills, unless you had a tragic accident and are in the hospital or something of that nature.

:?
Assuming a model with a high camscore (and assuming any models 'per hour wage') shouldn't have expenses unless deemed tragic, is rude.

I agree with the excessive begging and whining. This doesn't fall into the asking for offline tips or wishlist purchases because we don't know anything about the situation- it's not my business either. But if you take asking for those things on Twitter automatically as begging well, you're on your own there.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude at all. I was more referring to models who blow their money on expensive clothes, purses, stuff like that and then complain that they don't have enough to pay bills. I wasn't referring to necessary expenses. Sorry if I came off that way.

sexyvanessa4u said:
RoseRuby said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
Most annoying thing a model can do:

Beg on Twitter for offline tips or for members to buy something off their wishlist. Also, whining about being behind on bills. This is especially annoying if the model has a high camscore. If you're making $100+ an hour, there's no excuse to be unable to pay bills, unless you had a tragic accident and are in the hospital or something of that nature.

:?
Assuming a model with a high camscore (and assuming any models 'per hour wage') shouldn't have expenses unless deemed tragic, is rude.

I agree with the excessive begging and whining. This doesn't fall into the asking for offline tips or wishlist purchases because we don't know anything about the situation- it's not my business either. But if you take asking for those things on Twitter automatically as begging well, you're on your own there.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude at all. I was more referring to models who blow their money on expensive clothes, purses, stuff like that and then complain that they don't have enough to pay bills. I wasn't referring to necessary expenses. Sorry if I came off that way.

It appears that my post was taken differently than I intended. Yes I agree begging, whining, and complaining publicly about bills is tacky. As well as bad attitudes that sometimes follow. I refrain from asking for offline tips and/or whislist purchases just because of the fact so many may assume my situation and see it as begging.

My point was, and I thought it was clear, the speculation made about camscore and hourly tokens rubbed me the wrong way. But as Vanessa pointed out, she wasn't intending to be rude. :thumbleft:

My question might not be popular but I'm genuinely curious...

Long story short, a lot of bad shit happened to me earlier in the year. My friends online asked me to create a Medical Fundraiser on a crowd funding website for my overwhelming medical bills from my awful car accident. I don't whine about my debt but I ask for donations from time to time.

Now, is that considered tacky? If it is, why is it tacky and tasteless for me to ask for donations to my Medical Bills Fundraiser but it's not tacky for a model to ask for donations to her boob job fundraiser?

:EDIT: I think people judge far too quickly. I'm afraid that people are looking down on me by simply promoting a fundraiser that dozens of people requested. That's a damn shame. We shouldn't judge people so harshly without knowing the whole story.

AedanRayne said:

Long story short, a lot of bad shit happened to me earlier in the year. My friends online asked me to create a Medical Fundraiser on a crowd funding website for my overwhelming medical bills from my awful car accident. I've never whined about my debt but I ask for donations from time to time.

Now, is that considered tacky? If it is, why is it tacky and tasteless for me to ask for donations to my Medical Bills Fundraiser but it's not tacky for a model to ask for donations to her boob job fundraiser?

I don't consider it tacky at all. Because the thing is: People don't have to donate. They don't have to do anything. You're not holding a gun to their head.
They're choosing to, because they see a great person in need. And they have the right to help. Nobody should judge charity, ever.
And I remember reading about a lot of the things that happened to you, and even though I've never met you, I can say you're easily one of the strongest people I know.

You aren't tacky at all, and anyone who judges charity is. :)

AedanRayne said:

Long story short, a lot of bad shit happened to me earlier in the year. My friends online asked me to create a Medical Fundraiser on a crowd funding website for my overwhelming medical bills from my awful car accident. I don't whine about my debt but I ask for donations from time to time.

:EDIT: I think people judge far too quickly. I'm afraid that people are looking down on me by simply promoting a fundraiser that dozens of people requested. That's a damn shame. We shouldn't judge people so harshly without knowing the whole story.

I don't find this tacky in the least! I'm actually surprised that people would...well, not that surprised really. This was something that was an urgent need that was thrust upon you suddenly, and I see no problem with it.

AedanRayne said:

That's different, though. I think what people are talking about is camgirls who seem to live extravagantly and then expect their members to bail them out when they don't plan ahead. Unforeseen circumstances and unexpected problems (like accidents or illnesses) are a different thing altogether. LOTS of people (bloggers, musicians, artists, etc.) ask for help from the people who enjoy their work when they find themselves in a difficult, unexpected situation. No shame in that.

AedanRayne said:

If your regulars asked for it and want to help you, go for it. I have ranted, and sometimes still do, about models doing chipins or whatever, but I have always pitched in when the models I visit have real-world problems. For me the difference is medical bills are generally unplanned, they are insanely expensive, and they are necessary. I would not pitch in to help a model get a boob job, and I would not help to pay for things such as cars or diamond jewelry (I have seen both on MFC).

The difference to me is necessity. I still like to buy things off wishlists from time to time, but some things models ask for are a bit ridiculous in my opinion (such as Rolexes; saw a list recently with 2 of them). If I saw a model partying it up in Vegas and then asking for rent money a week later I would turn away. But things such as your situation do happen and I hope my friends would step up to help if it were me.

JimsX said:
AedanRayne said:

If your regulars asked for it and want to help you, go for it. I have ranted, and sometimes still do, about models doing chipins or whatever, but I have always pitched in when the models I visit have real-world problems. For me the difference is medical bills are generally unplanned, they are insanely expensive, and they are necessary. I would not pitch in to help a model get a boob job, and I would not help to pay for things such as cars or diamond jewelry (I have seen both on MFC).

The difference to me is necessity. I still like to buy things off wishlists from time to time, but some things models ask for are a bit ridiculous in my opinion (such as Rolexes; saw a list recently with 2 of them). If I saw a model partying it up in Vegas and then asking for rent money a week later I would turn away. But things such as your situation do happen and I hope my friends would step up to help if it were me.

It might be tacky but I've been asked to put larger ticket items in my Wishlist by people (ex. One person had their eye on buying my an expensive piece of jewelry)

Why does camming need to be about necessity? Or were we only taking about whining/demanding stuff? Sometimes I find people who really like to *spoil* me and gifting things that are not necessary helps them do that.

Re: Aedan I don't think your fundraiser is in anyway a turn off.

Miss_Lollipop said:
JimsX said:
AedanRayne said:

It might be tacky but I've been asked to put larger ticket items in my Wishlist by people (ex. One person had their eye on buying my an expensive piece of jewelry)

Why does camming need to be about necessity? Or were we only taking about whining/demanding stuff? Sometimes I find people who really like to *spoil* me and gifting things that are not necessary helps them do that.

Re: Aedan I don't think your fundraiser is in anyway a turn off.

Definitely the whining, but just personally I generally prefer to buy or help pay for necessary stuff. Maybe I am just bitter that I can't afford the jewelry for models, who knows. :lol:

Edit: The necessary gifts goes for me too. Whenever family members ask what I want for Christmas I always ask for something I need.

The problem is that the majority of people who see our twitter are just passers by and won't know the whole story. And at first glance if they see tweets about needing help with medical bills next to tweets about how we just bought xyz or took xyzawesome trip, etc., and automatically think "what in the world?" It's only natural even though it's unfortunate. That's the problem when we use mass social media to advertise something that may need a backstory or that doesn't appeal to the masses.

I think it is always best to not assume the worst when it comes to the wishlist/offline tips/fundraiser/whathaveyou things.

There could be tons of scenarios!

-Like Lolli mentioned, a member could have asked them to add the big ticket items
-Spoiled Princess could be their niche
-Member(s) could have requested they start a fundraiser campaign
-They could have some financial domme members that expect and want to see that type of behavior in order to fulfill their fantasy.

My point is speculating and assuming isn't really fair for anyone involved. Kinda like innocent until proven guilty. It is fine to be annoyed by it, or not like it - but making judgements on the model isn't really fair.

If anything, I'd say a fundraiser to help with medical bills is one of the more financially responsible things anyone (and especially a camgirl) can do. I'll admit that I don't know much about healthcare outside of this country, but I do know that medical bills are usually very high, unexpected and a result of something that usually cuts into your ability to recoup the financial loss, especially for a camgirl who doesn't have any kind of safety net if she can't do her job.

I don't even feel that this case can be categorized as begging, in my opinion, this is recognizng that you need help and asking for it from the people who care about you. It's something very personal to talk about with total strangers, doubly so on the Internet where it's even easier to just point and laugh at the misfortune of others and not suffer any of the consequences. So on top of responsible, it's brave as well.

I realize that camsites are a means of escapism for many people, but if I see somethng happen to one of the models I follow regularly (because if I follow you regularly, I'll notice that you've been gone a while and probably also follow you on Twitter where I'll have seen an update), I'll usually want to help out if I have the ability to do so. The feeling of being on a camsite is a bit similar to a modern version of going into a bar after work, you talk about your day with the (other) regulars and the staff, you laugh, have fun, it's a social experience. If I were to come up to my bar of choice and find it closed because the bartender had an accident, I'd want to help out as well, because they're responsible for me having had a lot of fun times by virtue of keeping the bar running.

I have to point out that this mainly goes for unexected expenses. I feel any adult has a responsibility to themselves to see to it that their regular expenses are paid for first and foremost. I've gotten criticism myself for allowing myself the entertainment budget that I do, but I always pay my bills on time, I'm always fed, etc. That said, I do agree with Amber that we never get the whole story just from a tweet. A girl partying in Vegas one week may well have been invited there (I mean, my parents just got back from a family event paid for and hosted by my uncle in France, this stuff just happens from time to time) and even a girl with very expensive tastes can be hit with an unexpected bill and, let's be honest here, expensive appliances can come with expensive repair bills if they break. Some people just live on the very edge of their means, some people have trouble controlling their impulses (lord knows I do) and ultimately, I'm in a very different situation than most camgirls. I know exactly when and how much money is going to come into my account, you guys only know the when and the how much fluctuates. Not just that, but for all you know your internet connection could cut out right now and jut stop working for a week, resulting in a significant unexpected drop in income, while your bills still need to be paid.

Wishlists are slightly different for me in that they seem to exist in a kind of void where I forget about them most of the time until something like a birhday pops up. But even then, I can;t see the harm in a girl putting expensive stuff she wants on there. It's a WISHlist, after all, not a list of demands. I don't personally get the appeal of Rolexes (but then, me and watches never got along to begin with) but if she wants one, the wishlist is a perfect place for it. The only thing I don;t want to see is her getting all indignant about people not buying her stuff from said wishlist. I don't mind the occasional remider that the list exists at all, but if I see a "Why isn't anyone buying me stuff from my wishliiiiiiist *cry*" then I am more likely to buy something off another girl's list and respond to the whiny girl with a screenshot of said purchase.

Anyone who is self-employement has a fluctuating income, you don't see a writer or a plumber going on his work-related twitter and asking for some help with getting his bills paid? or schoolsupplies for his kids? This would be considered HIGHLY unprofessional. and tacky.
The would tell him to get another job, flipping burgers, if that's what it takes to pay the bills.

However, due to the social nature of the camming biz I can relate up to some point the advantages of sharing personal things, including maybe sometimes having a few financial issues. I personally don't find it appealing if girls do so. We're these kick-ass awesome freespirited girls who sell good feelz, good vibes and lots of fun. and complaining about not being able to pay your bills is just, so, the opposite of that.

In the end I think it's all a matter of which direction you spin it in, I love the fundraisers for holidays or a new car, especially if they're done right (with a good amount of wit and positive incentive). I do not like the whiney twitter posts about small boobs and not having the right designer bag for your designer dog.

In the case of AedanRayne, I think everyone who follows her on twitter has seen her go in and out of hospital so many times, I feel for her/you, and I'm happy to hear you did a fundraising, because I think a lot of us wished we could help you, and now we can.

AedanRayne said:

How could anyone with a sense of decency consider that tacky? Maybe it's just me but I'd do anything I could to help you and if donating to a fund to help offset your medical bills is what you need then consider me as already donated. There's a big difference in what one wants versus what are one's needs and I would hedge a huge bet that your regulars gladly donated to your fund knowing full well that they're getting in return is a healthy you!

I think a fundraiser for emergency medical bills is a world away from "Hey guys! Someone please buy me this luxury clutch bag from my wishlist!". I think it's completely different to asking for donations for a boob job too. If you've been unfortunate enough to have been in a car accident and are now struggling to pay the medical bills, I don't think anybody could fault you for reaching out for a little help from people who you know care about you. A boob job is not a necessity though, it's very much a luxury, and one that not too many people can afford.

I reckon Amber's on the money, in that when it comes to regular everyday offline tip/gift requests, you can't really expect to have your cake and eat it. You may be able to justify to yourself that asking for these things is not "begging" or whatever, and the members who know you best and are the most likely to tip/gift when prompted might not see it that way either... but it seems a bit much to welcome all that while also expecting the masses of people who don't know you on a personal level (as personal as circumstances allow anyway), and who haven't spent hours (days? months?) being entertained by you, to look at a "Hey guys! Please buy me these... Calvin Klein... shoes!" tweet (I don't know any fancy shoe brands) and not see it as a model asking for something for nothing. Because from their vantage point, that's essentially what it is, ya know? :twocents-02cents:

I myself avoid asking people to buy me certain things, unless they're toys to use in videos or shows. (I also always take pictures of the toys and me using them. Unless they're super extravagant, then they get a first use video).

I really like a lot of the responses on here.
Yaaay positivity

There is a HUGE difference between starting a fundraiser and kindly asking, not demanding, that people consider taking part if they wish especially when something is being offered as an incentive and your members asked for it directly. You had a terrible year Aedan and that was more of an emergency circumstance, and while a fundraiser isn't something I would personally do... I'm just a really private person... you not once popped into my mind when I brought up the bills. I've never seen you go on a rant about people NOT helping you, and that's more specifically my point.

However, if the day before every pay period a model has a new sob story to spread all over twitter about not being able to pay certain bills... that's a whole different story. That is tacky and tasteless IMO. Standard day to day life and bills that we all have to deal with and plan for... those are different.

Edit.
So to clarify, when I said bills I meant standard every day bills like water, electricity, taxes... When nothing aside from not working as many days or maybe not making as many tokens as you'd hoped for was the culprit.

I'm in tears after reading every response since my post. You know, sometimes I get irked by responses in this forum but things like this remind me why I come here everyday. Ya'll truly are kind and beautiful people who are supportive when it comes down to the nitty gritty. I appreciate every single response and feel better knowing that my situation wasn't perceived as tasteless.

I realize that my openness in camming is not to everyone's liking but can't imagine being any other way. I don't have many friends outside of the cam world and feel this deep connection with the people I've met, including you fine folks. I believe that honesty about one's personality (faults and all) is a beautiful quality in human beings and would love to see more of it in this world. So, I live my life accordingly.

Clarification is in order: I do not feel that asking for donations for a boob job fundraiser is tacky. I was simply using that for comparison to my situation. I believe (wo)men have every right to do what is best for themselves and it is their right to alter their body in any way that makes them happy. It is not tacky IMHO to ask for donations for plastic surgery fundraisers. Is it a necessity? Well, those are case by case circumstances and it's not my right to judge whether or not it's a necessity for any person because obviously they feel that it is essential. So, to each their own. What it boils down to, do that which makes you happy, do not intentionally hurt people along the way and enjoy the ride.

Much love to every single one of you. /all smiles

Miss_Lollipop said:
The nun comparison is perfect. I *hate* religious themed sexual shows. I find it.. inherently disrepectful. I won't watch them and I wont support them.

Other people have given me long reasonings why they don't agree - why they think its OK to dress up as nuns or masturbate with a crucifix dildo or what have you. Just like you can't agree with any reason that library shows might be ok, I cannot agree with any reason why its ok to disrespect a religion this way. At a certain point though, after I've said "hey this is uncool and here's why i think so" and they say "nah we dont get your point of view" and i say "I dont get your point of view" i drop it because there are so many better things i could be doing. I can't change their minds. Hurling around judgemental statements like you like to sure doesn't help. The only thing I can do is live my life authentically.

Thank you for expressing this. I actually agree with you totally. I grew up VERY much Baptist, and was rather active in the church. Since then things have changed. But many of the core values are still there. And I can easily understand someone wanting to be of a practicing faith.

Every time I see the Jesus dildo's and the nun shows I still cringe. Some of the common themes that camgirls stress here on the forum is people having respect and not looking down on them for being in the sex worker line of business. So it just seems a bit hypocritical when they don't show that same level of respect for someone's religious beliefs.

^You can find religous things disrespectful but still a bad comparison. Or were you just agreeing that you find religous stuff offensive? Not even disrespectful for the same reason. The only similarity is that some would find both to be disrespectful. One is disrespectful to a certain faith and one is disrespectful to the people/property around you. Probably wouldn't watch a religous themed show but it is offensive for way different reasons and in way different ways.

Reactions: SexySteph and Gen
Last comment on this topic and then I'm done with it, for reals.

Let's pretend like it is a perfect comparison, even though any logical or reasonable person would agree that it isn't even a good comparison, but let's pretend 2+2=giraffe for the fuck of it. How does that make library shows ok? I don't care if she thinks I'm judgmental or if I'm in every library thread or if she thinks nuns are offensive. Has no relation to my original questions. She said you can't change peoples minds but that isn't true. You could change peoples minds if you had a logical argument as to why they should feel differently but one hasn't been presented yet.

PunkInDrublic said:
^You can find religous things disrespectful but still a bad comparison. Or were you just agreeing that you find religous stuff offensive? Not even disrespectful for the same reason. The only similarity is that some would find both to be disrespectful. One is disrespectful to a certain faith and one is disrespectful to the people/property around you. Probably wouldn't watch a religous themed show but it is offensive for way different reasons and in way different ways.

Doesn't matter. The "comparison" was made to show that you both have things, like the rest of us, you just won't budge about, so there's no point in her or anyone else attempting to convince you otherwise. On that track, her example of religious shows being disrespectful to her works just fine.

DuoShi said:
Doesn't matter. The "comparison" was made to show that you both have things, like the rest of us, you just won't budge about, so there's no point in her or anyone else attempting to convince you otherwise. On that track, her example of religious shows being disrespectful to her works just fine.
Yeah comparison would work in that context. I am willing to change my mind or budge on things if people can convince me with a logical argument, just haven't seen it yet.

There is a model who quickly reached a 5 digit camscore during her new model status. I went into her room (basically to see what the hype was about) and was sooo put off her by her personality. She didn't thank ANYONE for a single tip that I saw during an entire 2000 token countdown. Then after about 5 minutes on a second 2000 token countdown, she started complaining that she wasn't making any money and went into group.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think going into group is okay. I don't think as a model you're required to say that you'll be taking sexy time into group. But to act like a quickly obliterated 2000 countdown isn't 'any money'... I dunno, I just found her sour and unpleasant.

So, the tl;dr version is that it's annoying when a high camscore model can barely even put a smile on her face or say thank you for a tip.

Have an automated DM sent when you follow them on twitter. It's a fast way to make yourself seem like a sex bot and less like a human that I want to interact with.

DuoShi said:
PunkInDrublic said:

That was exactly my point :) Thank you! Everything I said to PiD he was misunderstanding, or getting weirdly personal about and I felt it wasn't helpful to re-engage. But for anyone else wondering it was simply a way to point out that you can be set in stone about your opinion of something, without deciding that other people must be somehow making excuses or feel the same as you deep down. You can understand that your truth can be something different to their truth and that at a certain point, debating it becomes futile and you gotta drop it and look for common ground.

Re: Religious themed shows in general as a 'annoyance' to me.
I have a deeply ingrained respect for anything someone considers sacred or tapu
I've never seen anyone consider a library sacred or tapu space so that's why i can consider one disrespectful and the other one not.

If you're considering doing something like that on cam remember that there are people who can be very hurt when they see these things.

**tapu is a maori word that has no direct english translation but is similar to sacred. It can mean special, set apart, held 'close' to the spirit.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I've never seen anyone consider a library sacred or tapu space so that's why i can consider one disrespectful and the other one not.
lol good lord, can't argue with this logic! Officially giving up, the excuses and rationalization is beyond silly at this point. People don't consider libraries sacred so people can do whatever they want at them. Sweet reasoning

PunkInDrublic said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
lol good lord, can't argue with this logic! Officially giving up, the excuses and rationalization is beyond silly at this point. People don't consider libraries sacred so people can do whatever they want at them. Sweet reasoning
That's a bit of a straw dog. I don't think anyone said people can do ANYTHING in a library.

But it isn't sacred so whatever you do there isn't disrespectful. It can only be disrespectful if someone finds it sacred.

Status
Not open for further replies.