AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't trying to say that online friendships aren't real, I've spent more time with and done more with some online friends in the past couple of years than some real life friends. Can't compare a normal internet friendship to a camgirl internet friendship either tho, nothing alike. Not a cynical view, just reality. Touchy subject that could lead to hurt feelings so I'll just leave it be. I will say that I consider many here friends even if it kinda goes against what I'm saying.

ps I hate how cold and emotionless a lot of my posts come across

Continuously refusing to keep track of their own countdowns, not updating them in the topic, and instead a) relying on random guys in the room to do the math and post the correct number in the room, or b) trying to assign the task to a certain guy in the room who then literally has to end up telling her to "do her own job".

I think coming off deliberate and mechanical. So fucking annoying. lol

Ok... on the other website I work for (Not MFC), there is a girl, no names shall be mentioned. She actually used to be kind of a popular cam model on that site, but she doesn't cam nearly as much any more so... her popularity died down.
Anyways, she gets on... sits there and texts and then gets mad when people are not tipping. "Ummm.. if no one tips I'm gonna log. This is bullshit." "Come on guys! I have rent to pay."

Makes me wanna slap her silly. As a customer... I wouldn't pay a cent to spend time with someone who shows this sort of attitude on cam.

AdriannaSorra said:
Ok... on the other website I work for (Not MFC), there is a girl, no names shall be mentioned. She actually used to be kind of a popular cam model on that site, but she doesn't cam nearly as much any more so... her popularity died down.
Anyways, she gets on... sits there and texts and then gets mad when people are not tipping. "Ummm.. if no one tips I'm gonna log. This is bullshit." "Come on guys! I have rent to pay."

Makes me wanna slap her silly. As a customer... I wouldn't pay a cent to spend time with someone who shows this sort of attitude on cam.

Is she a "youngin"? (not saying all young people have zero sense of work ethic.) Kind of reminds me of my little brother and my parents. "What do you mean I can't use your credit card?" In return for nothing...

PunkInDrublic said:
Wasn't trying to say that online friendships aren't real, I've spent more time with and done more with some online friends in the past couple of years than some real life friends. Can't compare a normal internet friendship to a camgirl internet friendship either tho, nothing alike. Not a cynical view, just reality.

I'd agree with this. It's not that the relationships forged online between member and model aren't real, or can't be real... they're just different. You could never compare that friendship with a traditional friendship, there are just too many caveats. And while I'm certain there are plenty of members who think they're friends with a model but are really only left to think that because of the tokens they spend (and there must be plenty of models who think they're friends with a member but are really only left to think that because of their public cum shows or heaving, jiggly bosoms too), it's not too difficult to see that for many, many models, there's a genuine affection for their members.

And money obviously complicates everything. I think for many people, it's just impossible to look past the "but she still expects you to pay for her company, therefore she's not your friend, you're a preferred customer at best" view of camland friendships. I don't agree with it but I see why many (maybe even most) would think that way. I do think though that many cam girls (at least as far as the members they genuinely like are concerned) would let their friends visit them for free if it came to it. It's kind of a catch 22 though. If we accept the friendship is completely legit and that the model therefore shouldn't expect tips from her friend, you also have to accept that the member shouldn't be expecting his friend to work for free. My sister's a hairdresser and cuts her friend's hair pretty often. Afterwards there's always this routine of "here, let me pay you"/"no, it's fine, don't worry about it". Sometimes she winds up taking their money, oftentimes she doesn't, but I'm guessing she'd be pretty pissed if her friends didn't even attempt to pay and just assumed their friendship meant free haircuts for life.

KayleePond said:
(...)
I can see both sides of this. I think that it can be complicated. I feel like maybe most people kind of understand that we have to get paid to be able to be there but that doesn't mean that our friendship isn't real. There's a point when maybe you decide not to worry about what it all means and just enjoy the fun you're having.

Very well said! I think it's best for members/models to not over complicate it and just enjoy performing/watching/supporting the show and not feel the need to label things. I believe there just isn't enough words in the English language to describe every possible relationship.
That said, I do think it is an interesting discussion, but I also tend to enjoy over complicating things.

PunkInDrublic said:
Wasn't trying to say that online friendships aren't real, I've spent more time with and done more with some online friends in the past couple of years than some real life friends. Can't compare a normal internet friendship to a camgirl internet friendship either tho, nothing alike. Not a cynical view, just reality. Touchy subject that could lead to hurt feelings so I'll just leave it be. I will say that I consider many here friends even if it kinda goes against what I'm saying.

ps I hate how cold and emotionless a lot of my posts come across

I agree with Kaylee. I can see both sides to it. I really can. I've had a lot of online friendships via my gaming days. A lot of them were closer than a lot of my in person friends. For me, a lot of the people I've made close connections with via camming, I don't know what to describe it as. Friendship is an easy word, because it's a similar emotion for me. But I feel like it's easier to say, that I have a deep emotion of caring for them. I've learned about their lives, I know their likes and dislikes. There is a connection.
Was it founded by money? Some of them, yes. I'm close to a lot of my regulars, although I try to engage a lot of basics that tend to be respectful and have cool names.
Part of what I want to offer, as a cam girl, is the idea of being approachable. I want them to feel like they can talk to me.
Because I enjoy talking to members. I like making these connections.

And Punk, in general, I think a lot of people sound emotionless on the internet unless there's a million emotes. :3

CarolinaBB said:
AdriannaSorra said:

Is she a "youngin"? (not saying all young people have zero sense of work ethic.) Kind of reminds me of my little brother and my parents. "What do you mean I can't use your credit card?" In return for nothing...

Haha yeah exactly!
And she is fairly young... 21. Two years younger than me, but I feel like at that age you should be able to comprehend that the work you put in is the result you'll receive, know what I mean?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
AdriannaSorra said:

I've never typed this into a room yet, but I've ran across a few models that have acted that way. My first thought is go ahead and log off. There's only 1487 other models online right now, whatever shall I do!?

JerryBoBerry said:
AdriannaSorra said:

I've never typed this into a room yet, but I've ran across a few models that have acted that way. My first thought is go ahead and log off. There's only 1487 other models online right now, whatever shall I do!?

Exactly! Although, I do have to confess something. One day I was feeling crazy and annoyed by low room counts that week so my room and I decided to do "experiments" to see what drew people in and made them tip. First off, I did this, where I just sat there, playing with my phone, and occasionally yelling at my room to tip me... AND A FEW GUYS DID! Apparently there are a lot more guys out there with ignore fetishes than I ever imagined. I couldn't keep it up though, and after I resumed talking and doing stuff THEY LEFT!

LilLitaRose said:
Friendship is an easy word, because it's a similar emotion for me.

I agree, it's very similar to what one may call "normal" friendship. I tend to call people I connect with friends if I spend any significant amount of time with them - you don't have to rigidly define every single relationship you have with another person into its own subcategory. That said, I'm the kind of guy who would easily hang out with any of the camgirls whose rooms I frequent because that's generally how I use MFC, I come for the social interaction first, and to fap second.

Say what you will about member/model friendships, but there are models out there who know me on a deeper emotional level than some of the guys I've hung out with for over a decade. Would this have been the same if I had never tipped them and instead gotten to know them the more traditional way? We'll never know, but I will tell you this: I wouldn't stop tipping because I perceive there to be a certain kind of friendship.Whenever I ask a friend to perform a service for me, I offer to compensate them for their work. And besides, this is still their job, however much time we spend talking when she's off-cam doesn't take away the fact that her time on the job should still be respected.

I'll admit that it's an unusual kind of friendship and that it won't fit everyone's definition of what friendship entails, but to be honest I'm not too sure if traditionally-defined friendships are going to be the norm for much longer. The internet is relatively new and has effectively turned interpersonal communication on its head even in the decade since social networks became standard. I met the woman I consider to be my best friend in a pub, but our friendship blossomed online because she's British and I'm Dutch and flying back and forth would have taken a lot more time and money. And as still-sorta-traditional as that sounds, consider that I wouldn't have been at that pub if not for the fact that I was visiting another friend at the time. One I had met online in a video game. One who met her husband in that same video game.

AdriannaSorra said:
CarolinaBB said:
AdriannaSorra said:

Haha yeah exactly!
And she is fairly young... 21. Two years younger than me, but I feel like at that age you should be able to comprehend that the work you put in is the result you'll receive, know what I mean?

It's useless trying to apply logic to their reasoning. IMO, my parents were too exhausted by the time they got around to teaching their last kid value, work ethic, or a strong moral code.

Although, when I DO come across that gem of a room, I can never leave. I have to see how far the rabbit hole goes.. It's a different kind of entertainment.

P.S. The gal who just posted about her social chatroom experiment is brilliant. :thumbup:

Teagan_Chase said:
KudosKids said:
Whether your paying to sleep with a call girl or taking a girl out on a date either way your probably going to have to pay to get laid.

Wow. Just wow to this. I don't even... wtf... seriously.

KudosKids said:
but very rarely do you come across people that want to be just your friend cause they like you.

...I think I see why..

Well technically, everyone does want something, but that's not because we're all horribly selfish; it's just the way motivations work. I'd argue that plenty of people want to be friends just because they like the other person, but you could characterize it as them wanting to be friends because they want company and they think the other person would be good at providing it. Typically, this is absolutely true, but it doesn't make the friendship phony. On some level, people who give to charity do it because they like feeling good about themselves for doing something generous. That's okay. You're allowed to feel good for doing something good. If people felt bad for doing something good, almost nobody would do anything good. Pretty much any human interaction could be described in terms of a transaction, but if both people are happy with the transaction and they appreciate the other person for taking part in it, the good feelings are perfectly legitimate.

CarolinaBB said:
AdriannaSorra said:

I was all angry at your disparaging opinion of young people, then I remembered I am old now. They are kind of lazy.

Reactions: Leon_Omega
On Twitter, spamming their ManyVids affiliate links at all the camgirls they know. You go to their Twitter profile, and there's just a long list of the same tweets, tweeted at different models and you can tell she's just spamming everyone she knows in the hopes of getting some affiliate money.
That has happened to me three times in the past ten days or so. :/

LilyMarie said:
On Twitter, spamming their ManyVids affiliate links at all the camgirls they know. You go to their Twitter profile, and there's just a long list of the same tweets, tweeted at different models and you can tell she's just spamming everyone she knows in the hopes of getting some affiliate money.
That has happened to me three times in the past ten days or so. :/

So much this. It's not annoying when someone posts a lot, especially if what they have to say is interesting, but when there are 20-30 tweets a day (or more) that all essentially say "buy this! buy this! buy this!" it get's really really irritating.

My main pet peeves have to do with sound.

I cannot stand when the model has the volume for tips turned up 100%, enough that it peaks their computers microphone and blows out my ears. I normally turn the volume up just enough to be able to have it on in the background and when the tip sounds come through I nearly jump through the roof. I understand you want to know when you get tipped but holy fuck, when you've got quite music on, aren't talking and then get a tip notification that you could hear down the block it really irks me and makes me not tip.

Also can't stand when the music is so loud that again, it peaks the microphone.

Just makes it seem like you have a shitty microphone.

Also, when models change their name like every single day. There's times when I want to find a model I saw and forgot to follow and the name simply isn't there, then a month later I see them again under a new name.

prosaa said:

I cannot stand when the model has the volume for tips turned up 100%, enough that it peaks their computers microphone and blows out my ears. I normally turn the volume up just enough to be able to have it on in the background and when the tip sounds come through I nearly jump through the roof. I understand you want to know when you get tipped but holy fuck, when you've got quite music on, aren't talking and then get a tip notification that you could hear down the block it really irks me and makes me not tip.

As models, we have to rely solely on the feedback of members to know that these things happen. We can run all the tests in the world on our webcam software recording little clips, and it can kind of give us a general idea of the music and our voice, but once we are broadcasting through the system everything changes, Sometimes dramatically and sometimes only mildly.

Let the model know as nicely as possible. "Hey, Just wanted to let you know the tip sound is blowing out your mic over here. Is it possible to turn it down a little?" or "Hey, the music is just a little too loud and it's actually making the mic cut out, is it possible to turn down just a notch?"
If you do so in a nice manner, most models will appreciate you letting them know. If they don't, I guess you were going to leave anyway, too bad for them. :lol:

Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with technical issues because it usually blows up into the whole room analyzing it and I get flustered, but in the end I personally REALLY appreciate it because we really have no idea what you guys hear. :twocents-02cents: Don't be afraid to say something. :)

JoleneBrody said:
prosaa said:

As models, we have to rely solely on the feedback of members to know that these things happen. We can run all the tests in the world on our webcam software recording little clips, and it can kind of give us a general idea of the music and our voice, but once we are broadcasting through the system everything changes, Sometimes dramatically and sometimes only mildly.

Let the model know as nicely as possible. "Hey, Just wanted to let you know the tip sound is blowing out your mic over here. Is it possible to turn it down a little?" or "Hey, the music is just a little too loud and it's actually making the mic cut out, is it possible to turn down just a notch?"
If you do so in a nice manner, most models will appreciate you letting them know. If they don't, I guess you were going to leave anyway, too bad for them. :lol:

Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with technical issues because it usually blows up into the whole room analyzing it and I get flustered, but in the end I personally REALLY appreciate it because we really have no idea what you guys hear. :twocents-02cents: Don't be afraid to say something. :)

Seconding this, and adding that nothing irks me more than when I ask my viewers how my sound is, and they ignore me or only say "ok". Or when I discover forty minutes into my broadcast that my sound isn't working, and nobody bothered to tell me until then.

We don't always know when we're having issues with our sound, so please, please tell us!

What gets me is when a model has her boyfriend/husband/fwb kinda intermediating in private. Like if she's in a position where she can't see the screen, and you keep typing, and all the sudden you hear a male voice saying "he likes that baby, he wants you to go faster" or whatever and you're just like :shock: the fuck did he come from?

Johndoe91 said:
What gets me is when a model has her boyfriend/husband/fwb kinda intermediating in private. Like if she's in a position where she can't see the screen, and you keep typing, and all the sudden you hear a male voice saying "he likes that baby, he wants you to go faster" or whatever and you're just like :shock: the fuck did he come from?

Wow that would freak me the fuck out hearing some random voice appear. Total turn off.

Teagan_Chase said:
Johndoe91 said:

Wow that would freak me the fuck out hearing some random voice appear. Total turn off.

I guess I should have mentioned, it's not completely out of the blue, usually models that offer couples occasionally, so you know he might be there, but I didn't ask for him, or any participation from him and I usually mention that I don't like couples shows.

I guess I contradicted myself a little between those posts, but either way, it's still annoying, which is the purpose of this thread lol.

Johndoe91 said:
Teagan_Chase said:
Johndoe91 said:

I guess I should have mentioned, it's not completely out of the blue, usually models that offer couples occasionally, so you know he might be there, but I didn't ask for him, or any participation from him and I usually mention that I don't like couples shows.

I guess I contradicted myself a little between those posts, but either way, it's still annoying, which is the purpose of this thread lol.

I would still think that that means the dude should keep his trap shut, though. If you mention that you don't want him involved, I'd assume that you mean at all, including his voice.

weirdbr said:
PMing someone who never has been in her room and getting annoyed when she gets no replies:

04:13:30 PM REDACTED: hey
04:13:31 PM REDACTED: xoxo
04:25:17 PM REDACTED: doenst it cost u anything to say hello back
04:25:20 PM REDACTED: :pan

/me clicks on 'Ignore User'

I am finding it quite surprising that models PM users out of the blue especially as a lot of models, including myself often find PMs overwhelmingly distracting and mainly respond to them when my room is empty (which is most of the time lol). Even if I only have a couple of chatters in the room I will still try to focus on the room and at being sorta entertaining.

Queen_Anne said:
weirdbr said:
PMing someone who never has been in her room and getting annoyed when she gets no replies:

I am finding it quite surprising that models PM users out of the blue especially as a lot of models, including myself often find PMs overwhelmingly distracting and mainly respond to them when my room is empty (which is most of the time lol). Even if I only have a couple of chatters in the room I will still try to focus on the room and at being sorta entertaining.

It happens a fair bit. I tend to assume it's studio models being instructed to do it or maybe even the studio owners themselves doing it. They're always very generic "hi, hope you had a great weekend", "hi, I have new videos on sale", "hi, I'm bored and lonely, come visit me", etc.

mynameisbob84 said:
Queen_Anne said:
weirdbr said:

It happens a fair bit. I tend to assume it's studio models being instructed to do it or maybe even the studio owners themselves doing it. They're always very generic "hi, hope you had a great weekend", "hi, I have new videos on sale", "hi, I'm bored and lonely, come visit me", etc.

Try playing the PM game sometime. Simply make your tokens and reward points visible. Buy a 900 token package and sort the homepage by camscore. Then go to the last one on the list and work your way back up opening up the rooms. See how many will send you a PM within the first few seconds. If they don't, simply shut down the room and move on to the next. You'll quickly see just how many models PM out of the blue. I got over 80 in 15 minutes one time, and I didn't have to open more than a hundred to get that many.

Then there's also unexpected email. I got this one from a model I had never heard of, ever.

hey, how are you doing?:)
I just wanted to say, thank you for tipping me and being on my friends list.
I appreciate every tip I get.
I was just wondering if you could help me out, As some of you may know, I live with 3 other roommates. its hard for me to cam at some times because of that. They don't let me have any privacy and if I lock my door while camming they will just unlock it and come in, and I cant have that anymore. So I need everyone's help right now. I want to get my own apartment. That way I'll be able to cam every night for 2-3 hours at a time. and be more successful on here. I have a wonderful personality but with having roommates I don't get to shine as much because I am unable to be loud or even talk at times. I need at least 3000 tokens this pay period to be able to get one, and afford the down payment and security payments. I live in a small town so the apartments here are just as nice and really cheap. I want to go ahead and thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, and for being a part of my group chats. I'm not asking for you to tip 3000 tokens that'd be ridiculous. but if you could tip anywhere from 0-100 I'd really appreciate it so much. But i'd realllly love it if you'd join my loyals.You can read my profile for that information. Thanks for being awesome. Also, a lot of you know that all of my tips on here for to supporting my child. And being a single mom,and having to do everything I do at 18 is really difficult at times, but you guys help me out so much.
xoxoxox [Name here but removed by me]

JerryBoBerry said:
Try playing the PM game sometime. Simply make your tokens and reward points visible.

Maybe they are also keeping an eye on popular rooms, because my tokens and rewards points are hidden. The only thing I do that could attract some attention is that I tip quite regularly in public. And yep, it always looks like the models sending PMs are studio models.

Status
Not open for further replies.