AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... He is so insecure about his tipping habits that he was literally blinded to reality.

This may have been covered in some way, but here goes ...

Slagging your employer (MFC) and customers. Spent time in this model's room over the course of a couple weeks. Random drop ins, 5 days in total. Yes I know, I put too much effort into this.

Someone asked if she would go the AVN or whatever the expo this weekend was. "Why would I go there? I don't give 2 shits about mfc."

On other days she rants about how she hates being on MFC with all the pervs. She even ranted something like, "Don't pester me! Just wank quietly and leave me alone!"

There were a couple other examples similar to these. I understand everyone has a bad day (or week, apparently), but shit, if you hate this so much, quit! Don't be publicly bashing the company that sends you a paycheck every 2 weeks. And attacking the guys who tip, seeing them as grimy pervs jerking off in their basements surely cannot be good for a model's bottom line. To me, this is a young lady who needs to move on.

It's not just annoying to announce that you can't tip; it's also potentially telling other members that they don't need to tip either, which can cost the model money. If you feel you have to give the model a reason, PM if you can or MFC mail (or other site mail, assuming they have it) them about it, so you're not broadcasting it to everyone in the room. Hearing that is also frustrating for the members who are tipping because it's basically telling them it's all up to them to make the model's day successful. Guys who manage to tip something don't necessarily have lots more cash available than guys who don't.

I personally dislike it when models call out silent lurkers. I get that you like people to at least say hello, but to me, someone who says nothing is not causing a problem. The people I like to see called out are the ones who don't tip and keep demanding attention.

And lastly, obviously it's bad if a model is complaining and berating her members (unless it's some sort of abuse fetish room). Anyone can have a bad day, but some things really piss me off. When models come right out and say the members are there to have "a quick wank," I find that very disturbing. Sure, some guys probably are there for that, but let's face it, there's plenty of wanking material available for free. A substantial number of the guys are there at least partly for the social aspect. The "they're just here for a quick wank" attitude leads me to believe the model sees the members as stereotypical pathetic losers drooling over their computers in the dark. Members don't appreciate being stereotyped any more than models do. Plus, if they are there for a quick wank, there's nothing wrong with that as long as they're not jerks about it (and hopefully tip).

I think we tend to see that last thing when a model is frustrated. Being frustrated at times is understandable, but for fuck's sake, don't start complaining about everyone because the guys who actually do support you are going to get caught in that net, and it's going to make them feel pretty shitty and unappreciated. I've got to assume that's the last thing you'd want to have happen.

Queen_Anne said:
SaffronBurke said:
You don't even have to have a lot of tokens to get attacked by PM's. I've had my premium account mobbed with 50 tokens showing, around the 600's.

Real actual eye opener. Good to know though. Whenever I have a model in my room now I do ask my peps to let me know if she PMs them, especially those with highish point thingys.

On that note, I do have a slight slight problem with models going into other models room with they model name. I don't mind THAT much if they're behaving, but still... feels like there should be some sort of professional courtesy to not showing your name in my room. You can always come in as a guest or basic or premium.

I go in only when I'm not on cam. Is this something that bothers models? I mostly hit up the new models and explain stuff to them especially when people "fake tip". This way they know it's an actual model talking to them. But I always make sure my cam is I ff before I do it because I'm not there to steal people away.

Missvc said:
Queen_Anne said:
SaffronBurke said:
You don't even have to have a lot of tokens to get attacked by PM's. I've had my premium account mobbed with 50 tokens showing, around the 600's.

Real actual eye opener. Good to know though. Whenever I have a model in my room now I do ask my peps to let me know if she PMs them, especially those with highish point thingys.

On that note, I do have a slight slight problem with models going into other models room with they model name. I don't mind THAT much if they're behaving, but still... feels like there should be some sort of professional courtesy to not showing your name in my room. You can always come in as a guest or basic or premium.

I go in only when I'm not on cam. Is this something that bothers models? I mostly hit up the new models and explain stuff to them especially when people "fake tip". This way they know it's an actual model talking to them. But I always make sure my cam is I ff before I do it because I'm not there to steal people away.

There was a very informative 3 page thread on this topic:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 28&t=17071

tl;dr:
- The vast majority dislike models not using a premium account being in their room.
- Most dislike models as premiums in their room if the model makes it obvious she is a model to others in chat.
- A few hate females in general being in their room.
- The vast majority love models in their room that ninja tip saying they are a model but not making it obvious in chat while using a premium handle.
- A few don't give a fuck and love all situations.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
It's not just annoying to announce that you can't tip; it's also potentially telling other members that they don't need to tip either, which can cost the model money. If you feel you have to give the model a reason, PM if you can or MFC mail (or other site mail, assuming they have it) them about it, so you're not broadcasting it to everyone in the room. Hearing that is also frustrating for the members who are tipping because it's basically telling them it's all up to them to make the model's day successful. Guys who manage to tip something don't necessarily have lots more cash available than guys who don't.

I personally dislike it when models call out silent lurkers. I get that you like people to at least say hello, but to me, someone who says nothing is not causing a problem. The people I like to see called out are the ones who don't tip and keep demanding attention.

And lastly, obviously it's bad if a model is complaining and berating her members (unless it's some sort of abuse fetish room). Anyone can have a bad day, but some things really piss me off. When models come right out and say the members are there to have "a quick wank," I find that very disturbing. Sure, some guys probably are there for that, but let's face it, there's plenty of wanking material available for free. A substantial number of the guys are there at least partly for the social aspect. The "they're just here for a quick wank" attitude leads me to believe the model sees the members as stereotypical pathetic losers drooling over their computers in the dark. Members don't appreciate being stereotyped any more than models do. Plus, if they are there for a quick wank, there's nothing wrong with that as long as they're not jerks about it (and hopefully tip).

I think we tend to see that last thing when a model is frustrated. Being frustrated at times is understandable, but for fuck's sake, don't start complaining about everyone because the guys who actually do support you are going to get caught in that net, and it's going to make them feel pretty shitty and unappreciated. I've got to assume that's the last thing you'd want to have happen.

The only time I'm bothered by "quick wank" guys is when I have a bunch of privates in a row where the guy ends it 2-3 minutes in, just as I'm about to cum. Though I frequently get a bunch of 2-3 minute guys popping in during a long private, which is absolutely perfect - they get to see what they want and leave happy, and I'm not thrown out of private while on the cusp of an orgasm.

HarmlessSquirrel said:

I personally dislike it when models call out silent lurkers. I get that you like people to at least say hello, but to me, someone who says nothing is not causing a problem.

Your first paragraph is gold. It is totally free for someone to send MFC mail to a model, and if someone likes my room and can't tip for whatever reason, it's very much appreciated if they tell me privately rather than in public. Public chat is for everyone, and anyone who is nice and polite is welcome, even if they can't tip.

It's problematic for the model when a member says he can't tip in public because she has one three options, none of which are great.

1. Ignore the statement altogether, an especially bad move if the person has previously tipped or tipped a lot.

2. Bitch him out, bad in general for obvious reasons, unless the model's thing is findom and that's what works for her, but that is not the majority.

3. Be nice about it and say "it's understandable, I always appreciate it when you can." On the surface this seems the best option, but it speaks volumes to other people that they don't have to tip either. Sometimes I have to log out if I am getting too many public comments about not being able to tip, don't want to resort to #2 out of frustration.

The only thing even more irksome in public chat is when someone says something like, "It's a Monday, more people tip on the weekends!" and then later in the week "It's a Friday! I bet a lot of people are out!" or "It's the holidays! Everyone is probably broke from shopping!" Just... :woops:

SaffronBurke said:
The only time I'm bothered by "quick wank" guys is when I have a bunch of privates in a row where the guy ends it 2-3 minutes in, just as I'm about to cum. Though I frequently get a bunch of 2-3 minute guys popping in during a long private, which is absolutely perfect - they get to see what they want and leave happy, and I'm not thrown out of private while on the cusp of an orgasm.

That scenario is frustrating for a different reason for me. If I have a lot of people in the room, and there's a lot of fun and chatting going on, and someone wants to take me private, it needs to be for something worth leaving the room. 200 tokens is not worth disrupting that atmosphere, but a longer private would be worth it, you know?

not much annoys me. but i guess the most recent one was a model mentioning my token spending on another model then trying to make me feel bad for doing so.

im here to support the camming community and maybe bring a few laughs even if they are stupid fart jokes half of the time. dont guilt trip me because you find out im tipping other models.

RealFartNinja said:
not much annoys me. but i guess the most recent one was a model mentioning my token spending on another model then trying to make me feel bad for doing so.

im here to support the camming community and maybe bring a few laughs even if they are stupid fart jokes half of the time. dont guilt trip me because you find out im tipping other models.

Ninja, you're right, it sucks when models do that. But you also should know that models hate when you put in your tip note that you just got done tipping X girl or all the models at the mansion. While we're glad to have your support, your rare 10token tips that usually only consist of you praising that [other model] sang happy birthday to you or made fart noises (therefore expecting us to do the same) is extremely off-putting. If you're in a model's room, be respectful towards her and don't bring up other models. Otherwise, you're just asking for the exact situation you complained about.

I_Am_Iris said:
RealFartNinja said:

Ninja, you're right, it sucks when models do that. But you also should know that models hate when you put in your tip note that you just got done tipping X girl or all the models at the mansion. While we're glad to have your support, your rare 10token tips that usually only consist of you praising that [other model] sang happy birthday to you or made fart noises (therefore expecting us to do the same) is extremely off-putting. If you're in a model's room, be respectful towards her and don't bring up other models. Otherwise, you're just asking for the exact situation you complained about.

True

I've come across this one a couple times recently, and it's fairly annoying. Say I ask the model if she likes anal, or has toys, or something I'd like to see in private, and she replies with "take me private and find out ;)"

Not to sound cheap, but I definitely don't want to go private just to find out that she doesn't do what I'd like to see. And then if I did, and that's how it turns out, I know most models hate 1-2 minute privates, but in that case I can't help but think she brought it on herself.

Missvc said:
Queen_Anne said:
SaffronBurke said:

Sometimes models go into other model's rooms are tries to steal paying members from them. It happened to me when I was new. At the very least, log out and watch as a guest

HarmlessSquirrel said:
I

I was wondering if it would bother someone like you if I had a bunch of people sitting quietly in my room and I said something along the lines of "It's okay to say hi!" to encourage people to talk to me? I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but it's hard to entertain in a silent room

Reactions: NyxieDay and JimsX
JimsX said:
Somewhat similar to the previous post, a model replied to a question about who is with her in her g/g video, "Buy it and find out." No thanks.

It takes just as long to say "It's model XYZ" as it does to say " buy it and find out." And even less time to say "Yes" or "No" to what you do and dont do in private. That makes no sense to me.

Johndoe91 said:
I've come across this one a couple times recently, and it's fairly annoying. Say I ask the model if she likes anal [snip]

My go-to answer for this in a PM is "I have a 17 minute HD anal video for 250 tokens!". Would that annoy you guys a ton? I always assume guys asking in PM if I do anal are either looking for a private show or asking if I'll do it in public chat. (Basically, if a guy is asking me for anal the only way he's gonna get it is via my video or wait til the once in a blue moon that I do it in a live show.)

On my profile I state right near the top of the page:

"I only do ANAL a few times a year. It's a big deal when I do it, and is in a pre-planned show."
and
"I don't do privates, Skype shows, or watch cams."

so I feel it's a fair reply from me but am willing to listen to feedback.

Teagan said:
It takes just as long to say "It's model XYZ" as it does to say " buy it and find out." And even less time to say "Yes" or "No" to what you do and dont do in private. That makes no sense to me.

Well she did me a favour in helping me decide where not to spend my money. I should thank her I guess lol

@Indica, I think your way of "calling out lurkers" is good. Some models will actually name guys. I suppose if the guy had been there day after day I can understand a model wondering what's up. But I do know one who did that to me on my first day after just a few minutes. I didn't go back.

AmberCutie said:
Johndoe91 said:
I've come across this one a couple times recently, and it's fairly annoying. Say I ask the model if she likes anal [snip]

My go-to answer for this in a PM is "I have a 17 minute HD anal video for 250 tokens!". Would that annoy you guys a ton? I always assume guys asking in PM if I do anal are either looking for a private show or asking if I'll do it in public chat. (Basically, if a guy is asking me for anal the only way he's gonna get it is via my video or wait til the once in a blue moon that I do it in a live show.)

On my profile I state right near the top of the page:

"I only do ANAL a few times a year. It's a big deal when I do it, and is in a pre-planned show."
and
"I don't do privates, Skype shows, or watch cams."

so I feel it's a fair reply from me but am willing to listen to feedback.

I think it would come off better if you said "I don't do live anal shows, but i offer a 17 HD minute anal video for 250 tokens!" the reason I say that is, assuming the person hadn't read your profile, offering an anal video leads me to the assumption that you are open to it, but doesn't flat out say "I'm not doing it for you here and now" and that seems like it would lead to follow ups looking for a live show.

Also, on my situation, I should have clarified, i mostly use cams.com, where the primary source of income is through privates. So naturally, a fair amount of the models want to get you into private as quickly as possible. I think most of the models that give that kind of response are studio models, and maybe that affects the way they handle the situation.

I lost it 2 days ago, when I tipped 1000 in a room and it was ignored. I'd been tipping this model on and off for the past 24 hours, her room noticed the big tip well enough, and her reaction is nothing, not even a thankyou.... I was furious with myself for supporting her.

I vented, trolled for a ban and some attention.... just as I was calming down and deciding I was not so upset with spending on her, she responds in private message. Then the next day by MFC mail which was nice of her. Has been years since I have been so upset with a model. In the end am up to visit this model again, hope she feels the same.

For me being ignored, when I am being generous seems to trigger the worst in me. Although annoyed with a model, it doesn't mean that you still can't visit her again, it is rare that things betwen model and member really are unfixable if you both want that.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Johndoe91 said:
I've come across this one a couple times recently, and it's fairly annoying. Say I ask the model if she likes anal, or has toys, or something I'd like to see in private, and she replies with "take me private and find out ;)"

Not to sound cheap, but I definitely don't want to go private just to find out that she doesn't do what I'd like to see. And then if I did, and that's how it turns out, I know most models hate 1-2 minute privates, but in that case I can't help but think she brought it on herself.

I have no problem answering whether I have toys while in public chat, or answering if I shave my pussy or not, do anal, do atm, etc. These are all preferences, and knowing these things before starting a private are going to save both people's time.

Now, I do ask for a tip if someone asks to see a dildo, as there are enough cheap dudes out there who just need to see the dildo, and then they'll sit there in free chat jacking off to the idea of me using it.

Now, if they have a preference for size, color, or material, they can just ask, which actually helps me when I'm shopping for new toys - after many people not taking me private when I said I didn't have a BBC dildo, it was a safe bet that many viewers want to see me use one, so I added one to my collection.

Ambers Troll said:
I lost it 2 days ago, when I tipped 1000 in a room and it was ignored. I'd been tipping this model on and off for the past 24 hours, her room noticed the big tip well enough, and her reaction is nothing, not even a thankyou.... I was furious with myself for supporting her.

I vented, trolled for a ban and some attention.... just as I was calming down and deciding I was not so upset with spending on her, she responds in private message. Then the next day by MFC mail which was nice of her. Has been years since I have been so upset with a model. In the end am up to visit this model again, hope she feels the same.

For me being ignored, when I am being generous seems to trigger the worst in me. Although annoyed with a model, it doesn't mean that you still can't visit her again, it is rare that things betwen model and member really are unfixable if you both want that.

Are you sure she ignored your 1000 token tip, or is it possible she was distracted and didn't actually see it?

ComicOzzie said:
Ambers Troll said:

Are you sure she ignored your 1000 token tip, or is it possible she was distracted and didn't actually see it?

That's an awfully big tip to not notice :?

SexyStephXS said:
ComicOzzie said:
Ambers Troll said:

Yeah, I'd rather guess that he was so annoying that she simply hoped he'd disappear. :)

SexyStephXS said:
ComicOzzie said:
Ambers Troll said:

She didn't notice, no delayed reactions, even after the room clapped/ threw down the nuke gif and so on. She was not busy, and she was focused on the room. She also should have noticed the countdown drop by 1000.

What I suspect happened is inexperience at camming, and mistaking my tip for another 100 tip in a crowded room, caused her to miss it. Then confusion set in as to what was happening with the room. She may have noticed later on, but figured it was too late to thank me and moved on. I am going to assume it was something like this anyway.

I am not sure I chose the smartest most attentive model, I think she only responded to my profile post (I said "if you want to be invisible this is the room for you"), and not over what I did in her room later on or over the missed tip. I think she didn't understand what had happened. Oddly enough she still may not know I tipped her 1000, only that I tipped her regularly that day.

After calming down, I decided I didn't mind, tipping is not always about getting attention. I do not feel like I didn't get value from being in her room, she creates a fun and sexy atmosphere.

Yeah, I'd rather guess that he was so annoying that she simply hoped he'd disappear.
thx nordling, I was later on, did something very ban-worthy later on but she missed that opportunity too :woops:

Reactions: Lovelyhills
Ambers Troll said:
I was later on, did something very ban-worthy later on but she missed that opportunity too

Why? Why would you do that, but the real question is WHY would you announce it (almost seemingly as bragging) on this forum? That just seems counter-intuitive to me. I hope that you do find a model you enjoy, Troll. But I would highly suggest watching the model to learn what her personality's like before dropping large bombs on her. See how she reacts to other tips to determine if she's even worth your time or money.

IndicaDesires said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:
I

I was wondering if it would bother someone like you if I had a bunch of people sitting quietly in my room and I said something along the lines of "It's okay to say hi!" to encourage people to talk to me? I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but it's hard to entertain in a silent room

^ I'm curious too!
If a room is particularly quiet and I notice 50% of my room is guests I'll mention it. "Hey, I bet one of you guys has an account! And if not, basic accounts are totally free, you should log in and say hi!" I never call individuals out though. Unless I've been given permission from the guy/girl I refuse to say hi unless they initiate conversation. From my perving as a premium I can understand why an immediate "Hi [insert username]" can be off-putting.

Not so much annoying as it is just eww to me but models here that only seem to post hateful, insulting posts or only to argue and are always thanking these same kind of posts. I know what these miserable assholes are thinking right now, "Really tho? Is this motherfucker seriously trying to lecture others on how to behave on the internet? Really? This dude!?" and lol and all but try to keep in mind that the way I behave on the internet has zero effect on my career or bottom line. I'm not trying to say to not speak your mind or say what you feel but maybe try to find some sorta balance. Help out new models or members when they come here, post in less serious threads, post some music, talk about your favorite tv shows, be goofy/make jokes once in a while. I know that it isn't really a big deal because 99% of camsite members won't ever see how they act here and it is something not everyone will notice or be turned off by but still, try not to be your own worst enemy.

Sorry forum to be back on this topic, but opportunity to complete my contribution came.
I_Am_Iris said:
Ambers Troll said:
I was later on, did something very ban-worthy later on but she missed that opportunity too

Why? Why would you do that, but the real question is WHY would you announce it (almost seemingly as bragging) on this forum? That just seems counter-intuitive to me. I hope that you do find a model you enjoy, Troll. But I would highly suggest watching the model to learn what her personality's like before dropping large bombs on her. See how she reacts to other tips to determine if she's even worth your time or money.
I do agree, and she was worthy of my other tips. She was busy (400 to 1000 people on about 3rd day camming), and was beginning to take my support for granted.

The trolling was out of anger, I mentioned it to describe how annoyed I was, and that I went for an attention ban over that tip. What you quoted was my response to nordling's smart arse comment though.
Nordling said:
Yeah, I'd rather guess that he was so annoying that she simply hoped he'd disappear. :)
I just suggested that I gave her the chance to make me disappear, and good reason.

This was her reply to missing the tip via MFCmail...I decided to clarify
Oh my goodness.. I feel awful about this.. I am so sorry, 100% from the bottom of my heart.. I don't know why I wouldn't have thanked you, since you are one of the best people I have ever had in my room. wow i'm the absolute worst. I thank you, I really do. And i apologize for overlooking this
A simple direct reply. I got my thankyou. Can't expect anymore than that, even though she may feel she had to.
As you suggested the only way to know her personality is to visit her again, after this little drama the next visit will be very revealing ... it is also likely I have lost some respect from her. Next visit I want to just get back to something fun, the way it should be, am over it now.

Should she do something like this again at least I wont lose it, just leave. Disrespect I can handle easier, no trigger on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.