AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really annoying or any of my business, just a tad confusing for a passing wanker. This is on StripChat.
Maybe a room goal of "blow a kiss" or "flash one tit" after 300 tokens would be more inviting and get the tipping going. IDK ...

Room goal:
View attachment 91870

Epic goal:
View attachment 91871
I have always thought similar when i se such huge room goal.

But I guess each model does as they feel best.

Not really annoying or any of my business, just a tad confusing for a passing wanker. This is on StripChat.
Maybe a room goal of "blow a kiss" or "flash one tit" after 300 tokens would be more inviting and get the tipping going. IDK ...

Room goal:
View attachment 91870

Epic goal:
View attachment 91871

I don't think a lot of models who are new to the industry, realise the difference between a room goal and then the epic goal, and so they just do whatever they feel at the time.
Some will realise there is a difference but still think of it more as a way to "buy something goal" (for example: save up to have a little holiday, get nails done, or whatever).. some just don't realise it's a room goal that is usually used for a goal right here and now to be performed.

------------------------------

Something that annoys me, but not exactly in the way you would think, is models who look or sound like they are in pain when they are being tipped for their interactive toys, you kind of feel like you don't know if you should keep tipping or not.

For me, the "issue" (And I don't care really) is that both goals are the same! but with different token amounts.

Hmmm... maybe she is a budding real estate investor and has her eye on TWO apartments. ;)

Reactions: Jay_Storm
:think:
I think most of you are correct in saying that models get confused with the goals.
:think:

For this reason, I will provide some more info here for our models who view this thread to clarify further.

DAILY GOALS:
In your daily Goals, you announce a special public performance that you will put on if the desired number of tokens is reached.
G11tX_XKbhzfIYzByNp-CtfCQP7vSSqQKv903q9VmhV7SpxlHPgmrJkBWENXPrX2oJJNbtq38ziGnclWZyoCSvtEvIDvQTjVuLveMG6LbTnpLB0_LEuxA-cVkNEvsQ

EPIC GOAL:
An Epic Goal is a feature to help you reach higher goals as you motivate your audience to spend more. It’s a way to entice users to tip more - every time you receive a token, it's added to your Epic total number.. so you get closer to achieving your Goal.

Epic Goals:
ssK-_vlm6Pd2fgogt3T_vxZJL1EI_sL8NeR-xYWCc5ClirZ_tvi8rlivTUhzU0-XqCE_-Yzp2_81vD2QK-cHxEF45zGjp5n7odyRi8nd64CqDnHcds160D6lYLVqOQ

So, I guess this belongs in here.
Note: this model is one I have visited for about 4 years.

*** I enter the room ***
*** Model sends me a PM (she always usually does to say Hi) ***

MODEL
hey unfaithful lover
ME
why unfaithful?
MODEL
;)
ME
???
ME
i wait for your answer
MODEL
you no was at other model?
ME
no, i just got home from the gym
ME
you can apologize when you're ready

(I mean to say "You can apologize when you have a minute free" or something similar, my wording was bad but I am exhausted
So far 15 minutes later, no apology :rofl:😂).

Edit:
Oh she finally "kind of" apologized, even if it isn't very sincere

MODEL
ah..ok
MODEL
forgive me

Edit 2:
Just to clarify, the point I posted this here is for when models 1) Get jealous and make a silly remark, and 2) Assume we guys don't have a life outside of their room, and 3) Assume we have to only go in their room (I have personally made it clear many times over the years I don't only visit her)

Last edited:

*** I enter the room ***

MODEL
hey unfaithful lover
ME
why unfaithful?
MODEL
;)
ME
???
ME
i wait for your answer
MODEL
ME
no, i just got home from the gym
ME
you can apologize when you're ready

(I mean to say "You can apologize when you have a minute free" or something similar, my wording was bad but I am exhausted
So far 15 minutes later, no apology :rofl:😂).

Edit:
Oh she finally "kind of" apologized, even if it isn't very sincere

MODEL
ah..ok
MODEL
forgive me

Edit 2:
Just to clarify, the point I posted this here is for when models 1) Get jealous and make a silly remark, and 2) Assume we guys don't have a life outside of their room, and 3) Assume we have to only go in their room (I have personally made it clear many times over the years I don't only visit her)
Could've been worse, you know when you get the DMs "I'm online, where are you?" every 5 minutes from when the broadcast begins :)

Reactions: Smoothie and NotYou
I wouldnt have demanded an apology. Sounds like she was also teasing.

No no she wasn't teasing. She's always done this jealousy thing but I've always been clear she needs to marry me before I stop visiting other models. I think she does this jealousy thing with everyone else too, and they all play into it but she knows I don't.

Could've been worse, you know when you get the DMs "I'm online, where are you?" every 5 minutes from when the broadcast begins :)

She has done similar on MFC. I visit her on chaturbate but if I go on MFC and she sees me online there I usually get a pm on MFC or a message on CB.

Reactions: Highlander884

A couple years ago, there was a model that would message me on social media that she missed me, with a frowny face emoji. Except she did it every two weeks, on the same day of the week, at roughly the same time of day, as if on an automated schedule.

After six weeks or so, I noticed the pattern. Basically, she only missed me on the day before payouts. Kinda kills the fantasy.

She has done similar on MFC. I visit her on chaturbate but if I go on MFC and she sees me online there I usually get a pm on MFC or a message on CB.

See, I would get annoyed by this very quickly. If she’s just joking around, no harm no foul. But if it’s at all serious, then it’s a little too manipulative for my tastes.

A couple years ago, there was a model that would message me on social media that she missed me, with a frowny face emoji. Except she did it every two weeks, on the same day of the week, at roughly the same time of day, as if on an automated schedule.

After six weeks or so, I noticed the pattern. Basically, she only missed me on the day before payouts. Kinda kills the fantasy.

See, I would get annoyed by this very quickly. If she’s just joking around, no harm no foul. But if it’s at all serious, then it’s a little too manipulative for my tastes.

Haha I have something similar with 1 model. I have her on WhatsApp and she will go away for weeks or months at a time, then she will come back and write a message saying how much she missed me and she will e online soon. She literally does this EVERY TIME. I am also guessing she does the exact same thing with everyone else she has on her WhatsApp. I wouldn't mind so much but if I even say "Hi, how are you?" to her at other times when she is on her random hiatus, she will read the message and then NEVER reply - so it's very annoying and when she comes back ready to have 1 day of camming and says how much she missed me, it's extremely annoying and pisses me off.

=============

This other model that does this jealousy thing:
She loves all the attention and drama she can get from other guys by doing this, and them all being "bb you're the only one for me I love you" and any other crap, you know.
With me, I think on the 1 hand she actually LIKES the fact I am not like that and don't fall for all of that kind of manipulation, but then on the other hand, because everyone else DOES do it and fall for it, she hates that she hasn't been able to do it with me, so even after all of this time she still tries lol. She calls all guys "my [name]" and "my love" and "soulmate". And she always does the "heart-shape" using her hands to different guys. Basically, everything little and big she does/says is a way to manipulate and try to make the guys fall in love with her. I don't blame her, it's ok and if it works, then great. Most times it just ends with all of the guys getting jealous of one another and never coming back, so it doesn't work too well. I think to a degree, she doesn't always intend or realise (or maybe she does) she is ALWAYS doing this. I don't know exactly, but it doesn't bother me at all. The only time it bothers me is when she did what she did yesterday and try to [pretend] be jealous.

(If she didn't have such perfect tits and nipples (I love boobs) I probably would have run from the drama long ago - but I am a sucker for the boobs!! hahaha)

Ok, I don’t know if this is THE most annoying thing a model can do, but it’s high on my list:

Contempt for the audience/customers.

I’m not talking about the members that deserve scorn for their bad behavior. I’m talking about contempt for cam site customers in general. Looking down on members, talking about them as if they’re inherently pathetic as a group. Viewing them as suckers or marks or imbeciles. Being overly sarcastic in a way that makes it clear that you’re * just barely * suppressing the urge to be 100 percent disrespectful.

I don’t encounter this very often, thankfully. But there’s a small percentage of models I’ve run into that very, very clearly looked down on me just for being there.

By the way… same goes for any other line of work where the worker appears to hate the customers. Actors, waitors, singers, mechanics, anything. If your customer base or audience is beneath you, then don’t ask for their money or attention.

This other model that does this jealousy thing:
She loves all the attention and drama she can get from other guys by doing this, and them all being "bb you're the only one for me I love you" and any other crap, you know.
With me, I think on the 1 hand she actually LIKES the fact I am not like that and don't fall for all of that kind of manipulation, but then on the other hand, because everyone else DOES do it and fall for it, she hates that she hasn't been able to do it with me, so even after all of this time she still tries lol. She calls all guys "my [name]" and "my love" and "soulmate". And she always does the "heart-shape" using her hands to different guys. Basically, everything little and big she does/says is a way to manipulate and try to make the guys fall in love with her. I don't blame her, it's ok and if it works, then great. Most times it just ends with all of the guys getting jealous of one another and never coming back, so it doesn't work too well. I think to a degree, she doesn't always intend or realise (or maybe she does) she is ALWAYS doing this. I don't know exactly, but it doesn't bother me at all. The only time it bothers me is when she did what she did yesterday and try to [pretend] be jealous.

(If she didn't have such perfect tits and nipples (I love boobs) I probably would have run from the drama long ago - but I am a sucker for the boobs!! hahaha)
I've had models do that to me too. I treat it as performance art and humour them.

Model: I wish you were here in bed with me my love.
Me: me too, if there wasn't that 8000km between us.

I mention 8000km fairly often.

I've never understood this either, because at the absolute fundamental level, doesn't this negatively impact their bottom lines? If you hate your job/customers, that's a horrible kind of hell I wouldn't wish on my own worst enemy, but why make things worse for yourself by downtalking your job/audience and earning less for it?

but why make things worse for yourself by downtalking your job/audience and earning less for it?
Insecurity, imo. Rational thinking being trumped by emotions of shame, ambition, self confidence or lack thereof etc. is just a personality trait in some people. It's not unique to the cam world. I've had a few employees (when I had those) and colleagues whose POV was that everybody probably secretly hated them for unspecified reasons and that they had to "fight them back" by being acerbic and cold. It's my immediate take on it anyway. I.e. wrong person for the job, like in so many other professions.

I'm surprised nobody has yet declared it a hustle and that they just cater to subs 🤷‍♂️

Ok, I don’t know if this is THE most annoying thing a model can do, but it’s high on my list:

I’m not talking about the members that deserve scorn for their bad behavior. I’m talking about contempt for cam site customers in general. Looking down on members, talking about them as if they’re inherently pathetic as a group. Viewing them as suckers or marks or imbeciles. Being overly sarcastic in a way that makes it clear that you’re * just barely * suppressing the urge to be 100 percent disrespectful.

I don’t encounter this very often, thankfully. But there’s a small percentage of models I’ve run into that very, very clearly looked down on me just for being there.

By the way… same goes for any other line of work where the worker appears to hate the customers. Actors, waitors, singers, mechanics, anything. If your customer base or audience is beneath you, then don’t ask for their money or attention.
Exactly this ^^. In my experience it happens more often with younger models. As soon as I sense it, I'm gone forever, never to return.

Reactions: Smoothie and NotYou
I've never understood this either, because at the absolute fundamental level, doesn't this negatively impact their bottom lines? If you hate your job/customers, that's a horrible kind of hell I wouldn't wish on my own worst enemy, but why make things worse for yourself by downtalking your job/audience and earning less for it?
Honestly I think it's more common in burn out or survival sex work.

@Miss_Lollipop That makes a lot of sense. I can see it in a sympathetic light now, but I still can't condone or encourage it because I truly believe they're making their situations worse.

It's easier said than done to not vent their anger/injustice out on those who are giving them money - but if they make less money from doing so, I can only see them staying stuck in the cycle of frustration > venting at customers > frustration > venting at customers and so on.

Exactly this ^^. In my experience it happens more often with younger models. As soon as I sense it, I'm gone forever, never to return.

I’ve seen that scenario. And also a few who seemed quite intelligent/experienced but had a hard time talking to customers in a way that didn’t expose that the model thought they were all idiots. Couldn’t correct anyone without unnecessary sarcasm, that kind of thing.

It could also be that they don’t really have contempt for the audience, but they’re not good communicators so it’s coming across as if they do. I don’t know. But it’s not fun being on the other side of it.

I suppose poor attitudes can come from a lot of different root causes.

@Miss_Lollipop That makes a lot of sense. I can see it in a sympathetic light now, but I still can't condone or encourage it because I truly believe they're making their situations worse.

It's easier said than done to not vent their anger/injustice out on those who are giving them money - but if they make less money from doing so, I can only see them staying stuck in the cycle of frustration > venting at customers > frustration > venting at customers and so on.
Yeah absolutely - it doesn't help. Having burnt out early last year though, I have a lot of sympathy for that situation. Thankfully I had the luxury of being able to take some time away and change how I did things. But its a pretty downward spiral for anyone that can't step back - they drive away their customers. Hate them for leaving but also hate them when they stay.

As far as the younger models thing - I think that's a combo of survival sex work (they need the $$ so can't just exit the industry immediately) + emotional immaturity. There's this thing that happens on social media - I see it a lot on twitter where you sort of get into "sex work" twitter and you suddenly have a community of sex workers around you going through the same things so you want to share and talk openly about it. They mimic each other and they sort of feed off of each other, ranting about customers, subtweeting, bitching etc.. it becomes a vent space rather than any kind of space that helps or furthers their brand. They forget that its public facing or they can only see it through their own perspective. That's why closed forums and spaces like ACF are really *really* important because we do need that space to be able to just fucking go off and be heard and feel seen.. but it does not need to be something the customer base sees.

Last edited:
I think for some of it, it's quite simply a lack of customer experience too, and if you never had a job role that deals with customers before (it can be with anything), then you won't be able to have that instinct and know-how to do it. And I think also quite simply, they see it "just" as a job so don't really care about how they come across, or just don't realise it.

I think for some of it, it's quite simply a lack of customer experience too, and if you never had a job role that deals with customers before (it can be with anything), then you won't be able to have that instinct and know-how to do it. And I think also quite simply, they see it "just" as a job so don't really care about how they come across, or just don't realise it.

True.

Many jobs are half customer service, half something else (mechanic, wait staff, cab driver, and so on). Sometimes people get into their line of work because they’re great at the second thing, but never bother to learn the customer interaction part.

This is not the most annoying but it is very annoying.

When a model sells something like Snapchat but has different prices for it. And no, I don't mean "1-month price vs Lifetime price", I mean the model has her Snapchat in her profile at XX price but then it's in her tip menu in the chat rotating and saying it's XX price.

There is no doubt, you can have it at any price you want, change the price when you want, that is no question. If you are going to, please make sure you be consistent and save everyone a headache by making sure you edit/update the price everywhere, please. I understand if it's on an IMAGE in the profile it is more annoying to edit/update, but when, for example, it's on CB in the profile and uses the official Social Media link/pricing section, it's simple to edit that (or hide it and make a new one for the new price so you can see which people have bought the new price). And the same for when it's just regular text in the profile.

the model has her Snapchat in her profile at XX price but then it's in her tip menu in the chat rotating and saying it's XX price.
I've forgotten to update prices on my own videos across sites, some remaining at their first price for years(!) so I can sympathise with this a lot. While it sucks to feel like you missed out on a deal if only you were there days/weeks/months/years earlier, I'd bet the model didn't display the two differing prices intentionally. Let them know that it's happened and they'll change it :angelic: They'll appreciate it!

They also might have had a sale and forgot to update the prices afterwards.

*** I enter the room ***

MODEL
hey unfaithful lover

MODEL
;)

MODEL

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
I wouldnt have demanded an apology. Sounds like she was also teasing.

I don't know. Imo, something along the lines of like "Hey, Brett! I've missed you. I was afraid you got sick of me and my big mouth." *Insert giggle here* would be fine.

The whole "Unfaithful lover" thing, and calling him out for spotting him in another model's room...that's a bit much to me. Maybe some guys don't mind that and think it's cute (And in that case, I guess it's cool), but I'm with @Brett M on this one. That would rub me the wrong way too, as a member.

Last edited:
I don't know. Imo, something along the lines of like "Hey, Brett! I've missed you. I was afraid you got sick of me and my big mouth." *Insert giggle here* would be fine.

The whole "Unfaithful lover" thing, and calling him out for spotting him in another model's room...that's a bit much to me. Maybe some guys don't mind that and think it's cute (And in that case, I guess it's cool), but I'm with @Brett M on this one. That would rub me the wrong way too, as a member.

The thing is, it's not because she saw me in another room. This particular day on CB, she always starts her broadcast about 5 or 6 pm UK time and ends about 9 or 10 pm UK time (I say UK time because that is my timezone). I got home and went to see her at about 9 pm. Apparently having a life means I am a cheater/unfaithful - even though there is no way I CAN be unfaithful to a cam model who 1) has a husband, 2) Calls everyone "love" etc. 😂

Reactions: Jay_Storm
The thing is, it's not because she saw me in another room. This particular day on CB, she always starts her broadcast about 5 or 6 pm UK time and ends about 9 or 10 pm UK time (I say UK time because that is my timezone). I got home and went to see her at about 9 pm. Apparently having a life means I am a cheater/unfaithful - even though there is no way I CAN be unfaithful to a cam model who 1) has a husband, 2) Calls everyone "love" etc. 😂

Okay. Well your earlier post had mentioned that she'd made remarks about you being in another model's room, so that's what I'd commented on. I'm on your side here, dude. Lol. The jealousy thing and the "Why weren't you here???" thing would be annoying, I'd imagine.

I think in one of your recent posts you'd said that you spend a lot of time on cam sites anyway? It's good to take a break from the computer anyway, and get out the house for a bit. 👍 No one has to be present for the model's cam shift every single day. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Highlander884
Status
Not open for further replies.