AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon_Omega said:
"I'm not like other girls."

I see this on profiles sometmes, it bugs me to no end. See, I don't like generalization as is, and even less so if it's used by someone to elevate themselves by way of dragging down everyone else around them.

Also, the only thing all girls I have thus far known have in common is the fact that they are all in posession of female reproductive organs. If I read that "you're not like other girls," then I am forced to assume that you do not have a vagina.

I prefer to say I am not like other humans...

For me, if people aren't talking and a model whines or bitches at whatever people aren't talking. Its ok as a last resort but I worked with someone once who that was their first solution.

I'm sure this is on here a thousand times, but I'm going to vent about it because I got a bad case of it this afternoon. When models repeatedly ask for tokens. I understand the whole fear of cam score going down and wanting to finish a goal. But seriously?!?!? You only need to give one warning. You don't need to say something every 10-15 minutes. Saying things like "I guess no one wants to see my boobs or naked body" "Come on guys ! Somebody tip me!" "There's over a 100 people in here, and no one will tip me" It sounds so desperate and pathetic. A simple "If we don't get the countdown going, then I'm going to have to leave soon" Will suffice. I got this way to much today it made me take a break from mfc for the first time in months.

TheyCallMeCJ said:
I think getting on cam because you're having a meltdown and saying you're not online for sympathy tips is the most annoying thing I've seen on MFC.

you mean, asking for tips because of this or just generally loggin on to talk about it to members?

This week i had to put my cat to sleep, most of my regulars are my friends and getting this kind of support without a countdown and just eating noodles talking about it made me feel so much better.

I am a human too, i like to have members close to me, because when they are feeling down, i try to cheer them up, and i was so grateful because when i wasnt feeling good, they cheered me up.

They cant hug you and call you like friends do, so they tip instead just to show they care. But it isnt about the money, it is what they can do at the moment and saying "hey, i have my thoughts on you, feel better"

Nooooooo, I'm sorry. I should have been more specific in my post.

There was a model on last night who came online in tears and wouldn't tell anyone what was wrong. Her topic said 'I'm not here for tokens or sympathy'. So, people kept asking her what was wrong and she just kept saying 'I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to talk about it'. She then got tip bombed and pulled the topic down and was all smiles.

I just found the whole thing disingenuous and it rubbed me the wrong way. That being said, it's okay to want to be online just for human interaction and a distraction. It's okay to be online for tokens and sympathy! I'm sorry if my post offended you in any way (especially since you are dealing with the loss of your cat). That wasn't my intention at all.

^ If you're in a state where you're crying the whole time, you don't belong on cam. Easy. And it's even worse to try to make profit out of that, like the girl that TheyCallMeCJ described apparently did.
I took a few weeks off late August/early-mid September because I wasn't in any state to be working, and I didn't want to become known as that girl who cries on cam and gets tip bombed out of pity. Only the girls in the models only section, as well as some really close regulars knew what had happened.

A model needs to sort her shit out and get into a stable emotional state, at least stable enough so she won't start crying/having a meltdown, and at least temporarily and for the duration of her shift, before she gets on cam. Everything else is super unprofessional and will affect her reputation negatively.
What Gween did, just hanging out and talking, is a different thing, and it (presumably) did make her appear more human to her regs which is awesome. But that's a whole other thing than sitting there crying.

When there's a model crying on cam, how many of the people in the room actually care about her well-being and how many are sitting there with a bucket of popcorn in their hands, hoping to hear some dramatic, personal story? It's probably like live reality TV for them. I would never want to have my unhappiness exploited like that. Why girls get on cam crying is absolutely beyond me.
:twocents-02cents:

LilyMarie said:
^ If you're in a state where you're crying the whole time, you don't belong on cam. Easy. And it's even worse to try to make profit out of that, like the girl that TheyCallMeCJ described apparently did.
I took a few weeks off late August/early-mid September because I wasn't in any state to be working, and I didn't want to become known as that girl who cries on cam and gets tip bombed out of pity. Only the girls in the models only section, as well as some really close regulars knew what had happened.

A model needs to sort her shit out and get into a stable emotional state, at least stable enough so she won't start crying/having a meltdown, and at least temporarily and for the duration of her shift, before she gets on cam. Everything else is super unprofessional and will affect her reputation negatively.
What Gween did, just hanging out and talking, is a different thing, and it (presumably) did make her appear more human to her regs which is awesome. But that's a whole other thing than sitting there crying.

When there's a model crying on cam, how many of the people in the room actually care about her well-being and how many are sitting there with a bucket of popcorn in their hands, hoping to hear some dramatic, personal story? It's probably like live reality TV for them. I would never want to have my unhappiness exploited like that. Why girls get on cam crying is absolutely beyond me.
:twocents-02cents:

Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

Yeah, I can attest to Lily's idea that the guys are usually looking for some major drama with a bowl of popcorn. I'm a cryer (crier?). I cry when I'm sad, happy, angry (which then causes me to get even more angry and cry harder cause I'm showing weakness when I'm pissed off). However, I usually only cry on cam when I'm getting tip-bombed. When my regulars are just being SO INSANELY AMAZING that I can't keep my emotions inside anymore. And when I'm crying (whether it be a few single tears or a full on, mascara-streaking cry), my room count almost always quadruples. No exaggeration. They usually come in and say, "What happened?" "Did I miss something?"

They don't care that I'm happy because I know some of the most kind-hearted people in the world. They only want to know if I've caught my boyfriend cheating, or came out to my family about camming, or am going to die in 3 months. When they find out the real reason, they leave. :lol:

KudosKids said:
I'm sure this is on here a thousand times, but I'm going to vent about it because I got a bad case of it this afternoon. When models repeatedly ask for tokens. I understand the whole fear of cam score going down and wanting to finish a goal. But seriously?!?!? You only need to give one warning. You don't need to say something every 10-15 minutes. Saying things like "I guess no one wants to see my boobs or naked body" "Come on guys ! Somebody tip me!" "There's over a 100 people in here, and no one will tip me" It sounds so desperate and pathetic. A simple "If we don't get the countdown going, then I'm going to have to leave soon" Will suffice. I got this way to much today it made me take a break from mfc for the first time in months.

I do agree with you to an extent. Maybe asking for tokens every 10 minutes is a bit much, but you also have to realize that sometimes a model could be online for a very long time and when people aren't tipping it can be very frustrating. Showing that frustration on cam probably isn't a great idea, but a few reminders every now and then is a great way to make you guys remember that this is a paycheck for us. I know that this isn't the case for every model but for myself when I log on cam I'm putting off a lot of things such as my school work so I can attempt to make a reasonable amount to be able to pay for school. When I go for a long time without anyone tipping I will speak up and say "If you guys want flashes or want to make these countdowns then you're going to have to start tipping." I do also see how it can be frustrating for members though. I guess I'm just trying to throw in another perspective about this to show that it's annoying for both members and models, because trust me I'm sure we all hate asking for them as much as you guys hate hearing it.

I also don't want you think I'm directing this at you KudosKid, but just making a general statement since this is something you hear about a lot.

Gween said:
They cant hug you and call you like friends do, so they tip instead just to show they care. But it isnt about the money, it is what they can do at the moment and saying "hey, i have my thoughts on you, feel better"
Couldn't they just say that without tipping? Does tipping mean they care more? I don't think I'll ever understand the "friendship" between some models and members but it kinda seems like it is all about the money. Which is fine, camming is a job.

PunkInDrublic said:
Gween said:
Couldn't they just say that without tipping? Does tipping mean they care more? I don't think I'll ever understand the "friendship" between some models and members but it kinda seems like it is all about the money. Which is fine, camming is a job.

It doesn't mean they care more but it's a sweet gesture. Here's an example of a sweet gesture in person:

I have an ol' girlfriend that I've known since middle school. She's taken me out for dinner several times when I was upset and I've done the same for her, as friends do. Would you say that our friendship is all about the money because she's bought me dinner or even a gift when I was upset? I don't believe that money being involved in a friendship lessens said friendship or makes that friendship "all about money".

This is something I do, and am just now realizing it has gotten out of control.

Sometimes, I will do tasks half-assed, then see the effects later and regret it.

Like today, I was staging a little self-photoshoot, and I was looking FLAWLESS. Makeup? Perfection. Outfit? Adorable. I was editing them when I realized my top was backwards. :clap: Half. Ass. My life.

And I agree that "I'm not like other girls" is really gross, except they're not like other girls. Because "other girls" are nice to "other girls".. and don't knock "other girls" down to climb up on their only-room-for-one-girl-pedestal .. IMO:)

AedanRayne said:
It doesn't mean they care more but it's a sweet gesture. Here's an example of a sweet gesture in person:

I have an ol' girlfriend that I've known since middle school. She's taken me out for dinner several times when I was upset and I've done the same for her, as friends do. Would you say that our friendship is all about the money because she's bought me dinner or even a gift when I was upset? I don't believe that money being involved in a friendship lessens said friendship or makes that friendship "all about money".
Well I get what you're saying but the comparison is poor. The real life friend doesn't pay for your friendship like cam members do. Comparing a real life friend taking you out to a camsite member giving you money just doesn't seem right. Comparing a camsite friendship to a real friendship is silly but a sweet gesture is always nice, doesn't matter what kind of friend it is.

Reactions: LilLitaRose
PunkInDrublic said:
AedanRayne said:

Well I get what you're saying but the comparison is poor. The real life friend doesn't pay for your friendship like cam members do. Comparing a real life friend taking you out to a camsite member giving you money just doesn't seem right. Comparing a camsite friendship to a real friendship is silly but a sweet gesture is always nice, doesn't matter what kind of friend it is.

no matter how much tokens you trow at me, if you are a jerk, i wont be friends with you.

I talk offline to some of my regulars, one of them have my phone number (never ever tipped for it because i dont have it for sale anyways) and we just babble of cam. I don't have much IRL friends, and working made me close to people in my room, there is nothing wrong with that, i don't say "if you stop tipping me we cant be friends". One of them doesn't even go to MFC anymore, and we talk everyday on KIK.

Also, i buy ice cream to my friends everytime they are down, sometimes i send gift cards to them to spend in coffee at starbucks because i cant see them in person, since they live in other cities. It is not about how much, it is not about where, it is about "hey, go have a coffee in my honor! feel better, you can reach me anytime you need".

I saw this today, this may be relevant

PunkInDrublic said:
AedanRayne said:

Whoa... why are you assuming that I've only made friends with people who've tipped me? You don't know me or every single model out there. Therefore, you cannot say that my comparison was poor.

I take offense to what you've said, "Comparing a camsite friendship to a real friendship is silly". Where do you come off saying that? Aside from the one friend I listed and a couple of cam girl friends, I don't have many friends in person and consider my friends online real. It's insulting for you to say that my friendships (friendships I've developed over the course of 4 years) aren't real.

TLDR; My comparison was spot on in my case and for many other models. I'm sticking by it.

AedanRayne said:
I take offense to what you've said, "Comparing a camsite friendship to a real friendship is silly". Where do you come off saying that?
Because most camsite friendships are bought and aren't comparable in any way to real life friendships. Most models friends are the people that pay them to be friends. Just silly to me. Sorry if it offended you.

PunkInDrublic said:
AedanRayne said:
I take offense to what you've said, "Comparing a camsite friendship to a real friendship is silly". Where do you come off saying that?
Because most camsite friendships are bought and aren't comparable in any way to real life friendships. Most models friends are the people that pay them to be friends. Just silly to me. Sorry if it offended you.

What's the difference from a guy approaching a girl at a bar asking to buy her a drink? In the past, I ended up meeting a few of my guy friends that way. They were essentially doing the same thing - technically our friendship started on a financial transaction.

Having been in this industry so long... I've found that many Cam Models have become good friends with what you'd call regulars and those guys weren't necessarily ones that tipped them. The same goes in my room.

Can we agree that we'll stop saying the word most while describing models because many people know that we all have different styles and approaches to camming. Lumping us together like we're one single entity can be incredibly insulting especially when you make it sound like we only see human beings as ATM's (not ass to mouth in this case, pervs :lol:).

I doubt you'd like me to make generalizations about members of camsites, would you?

AedanRayne said:
Can we agree that we'll stop saying the word most while describing models because many people know that we all have different styles and approaches to camming.
Yep
AedanRayne said:
I doubt you'd like me to make generalizations about members of camsites, would you?
I'd rather you didn't but wouldn't really care.

Gween said:
PunkInDrublic said:
AedanRayne said:

no matter how much tokens you trow at me, if you are a jerk, i wont be friends with you.

I talk offline to some of my regulars, one of them have my phone number (never ever tipped for it because i dont have it for sale anyways) and we just babble of cam. I don't have much IRL friends, and working made me close to people in my room, there is nothing wrong with that, i don't say "if you stop tipping me we cant be friends". One of them doesn't even go to MFC anymore, and we talk everyday on KIK.

Also, i buy ice cream to my friends everytime they are down, sometimes i send gift cards to them to spend in coffee at starbucks because i cant see them in person, since they live in other cities. It is not about how much, it is not about where, it is about "hey, go have a coffee in my honor! feel better, you can reach me anytime you need".

I saw this today, this may be relevant

I wish I could thank this a million times over, because not only did it lighten my mood, it also verbalized my thoughts on the matter, and expands on many other thoughts I've been dwelling on (specifically the youtube video).
Regardless before punkindrublic gets piled on, I think he does have a point when he says "Which is fine, camming is a job.", and I think it's unfair for members to forget this. This is why the aforementioned example of buying dinner for a friend doesn't work, even if the receipt doesn't add up between friends, the exchange of goods is equalized and fair. I don't expect any model to ever give tokens (or in a crude manner thought of as money) to a member. Nor do I believe the idea of buying a drink for a girl be the same, as the act of buying a drink for a girl is anti-thetical to the whole idea of tipping a model (unless you are treating MFC as Tinder). I think that he has a valid viewpoint that shouldn't be insulted or cast aside disparagingly.

PunkInDrublic said:
AedanRayne said:
Can we agree that we'll stop saying the word most while describing models because many people know that we all have different styles and approaches to camming.
Yep
AedanRayne said:

Actually, I would care. And generalizations about members get made (not by Aedan) pretty much as often as generalizations get made about models. I try not to make statements about people that are absolute generalizations, and I appreciate it when others make the same effort. I've heard some pretty nasty rants about members, where it wasn't noted that some of them are generous and respectful. Those rub me the wrong way. A lot. I can certainly understand models not appreciating it if someone implies that they're all (or even "mostly") just in it for the money and have no real feelings of friendship for their members. I don't hang out with models I get that kind of vibe from, and honestly, I haven't come across all that many who did seem that way. If I hang out with you, I hope you know I think better of you than that. Anyway, you do now.

As to camsite friendships (which I actually said a bit about in another topic recently), I think maybe there was a bit of terminology confusion going on in a few of the prior posts. There is the "tip for friends (list)" concept, which obviously doesn't suddenly make you friends, it just grants the member PM privileges. This "friendship" is absolutely just a financial transaction, but many of us are referring to something else when we talk about members and models being friends. If you spend a lot of time together online talking to someone, you can be friends in the usual sense of the word. I've had several friends I've made online in other venues. While it's true that the tipping aspect can make it a bit less clear where business ends and friendship begins, I still think real friendships can develop on camsites.

In the case where a model is logging on cam after a couple of extra days off or unplanned time away:

If the model is upset/grieving/under the weather - I think it its BEYOND FAIR to assume that tips coming from her regulars as a way to show they care is a GREAT and somewhat expected thing. She is logging on to let them know her current situation, that she is somewhat OK, and that she cares for them even though she can't be on cam in her regular capacity. It is LOVELY that they compensate her for this effort and time. She doesn't HAVE to do this. A sick/grieving/busy-with-real-life-woes cam girl does not have any actual obligation to log on cam, but if she DOES, it really says a lot from her regulars if they tip her during this time.

A sick/grieving/busy-with-real-life-woes cam girl could easily send an offline message or tweet to her regulars telling them why she'll be away, but if she makes the effort to log on cam, live in the flesh, to talk with them about it, she is definitely hoping they'll realize her effort and compensate her (with tokens/gold/credits on the site) for that effort she makes.

If and when I am sick or feeling completely shitty, and I make the effort to come online, live on cam, I do hope and somewhat expect that at least a few of my regulars will chip some tokens/credits my way for the effort and the appreciation of seeing me in the flesh.

Regarding real friends vs paid for friends, punkindrublic does have a point, although a cynical one. 99% (I love making up stats) of friendships on cam sites started as financial transactions (whether nudity, show, content, or even a smile). They can and do, however, turn real. I am surprised how many models say things such as "I don't have many friends in real life." I guess I felt this was exclusive to members. It does make sense for people (models or members) to reach out in some way to people they feel they can relate to in some way. Even so, I do think it is wise to keep in the back of one's mind that "this could be all about the tokens." I have noticed a couple times when all a model would talk about in texts was how she was having a slow day on MFC. I cut both of them out when I realized it was indeed all about the cash.

On the positive side, I am friends (real friends) with a model who left MFC, and we still talk daily. On the negative side, I was friends with another model who I spoke with almost daily, and she suddenly, without explanation, deleted me from skype. It didn't feel any less shitty just because that friendship started with tokens. It had become real, and I don't mind saying, it hurt.

Many (most? :p ) models on ACF talk a lot about tipping (usually to new members here; happens most often in the "who is she?" threads), and it's not wrong for them to point out that camming is their job, but when a guy just joins and he is bombarded with that, it's very easy to see how he would become cynical and think nothing on a cam site is really real.

*I typed this off and on over the course of a couple hours, so I kinda lost steam and my point :lol:

HarmlessSquirrel said:
PunkInDrublic said:
AedanRayne said:
Yep
AedanRayne said:

Actually, I would care. And generalizations about members get made (not by Aedan) pretty much as often as generalizations get made about models. I try not to make statements about people that are absolute generalizations, and I appreciate it when others make the same effort. I've heard some pretty nasty rants about members, where it wasn't noted that some of them are generous and respectful. Those rub me the wrong way. A lot. I can certainly understand models not appreciating it if someone implies that they're all (or even "mostly") just in it for the money and have no real feelings of friendship for their members. I don't hang out with models I get that kind of vibe from, and honestly, I haven't come across all that many who did seem that way. If I hang out with you, I hope you know I think better of you than that. Anyway, you do now.

As to camsite friendships (which I actually said a bit about in another topic recently), I think maybe there was a bit of terminology confusion going on in a few of the prior posts. There is the "tip for friends (list)" concept, which obviously doesn't suddenly make you friends, it just grants the member PM privileges. This "friendship" is absolutely just a financial transaction, but many of us are referring to something else when we talk about members and models being friends. If you spend a lot of time together online talking to someone, you can be friends in the usual sense of the word. I've had several friends I've made online in other venues. While it's true that the tipping aspect can make it a bit less clear where business ends and friendship begins, I still think real friendships can develop on camsites.

I would go so far to say that most successful models aren't interested in it "just for the money". I imagine there is a point where you are no longer worried about surviving and your priorities shift. Regardless, it should be accepted that there is a vast gulf between "client" and "friend". This gulf is dotted with oasis's. I may be incorrect, but I have to assume that every model has to keep in mind this difference at all times. No matter of where you sup from this oasis, the member should also keep this in mind with their tips and attitude. There is no doubt for lack of a better term "friendships" can develop on camsites, I think the idea of a friend online isn't black and white in the normal term.

I don't want to put words in PunkInDrublic's mouth, but I think his reminder that "this is a job", is saying this. Respect that this is their job, and tip accordingly. Obviously, the gulf between friend and client can be completely traversed, but I suspect this is extremely rare, and even when it is I'm not sure it is much more fair.

It would be akin to being a regular at a restaurant and treating a favourite waiter different because you were familiar with him, if you only see this waiter when being served food.

Keep in mind my experience in this medium is very "newb'ish".

Anyways, back on topic. Most annoying thing models can do in my opinion? As stated before, paying more attention to PM's then public chat, espeically when you want to talk to them in public and tip them!

JimsX said:
Regarding real friends vs paid for friends, punkindrublic does have a point, although a cynical one. 99% (I love making up stats) of friendships on cam sites started as financial transactions (whether nudity, show, content, or even a smile). They can and do, however, turn real. I am surprised how many models say things such as "I don't have many friends in real life." I guess I felt this was exclusive to members. It does make sense for people (models or members) to reach out in some way to people they feel they can relate to in some way. Even so, I do think it is wise to keep in the back of one's mind that "this could be all about the tokens." I have noticed a couple times when all a model would talk about in texts was how she was having a slow day on MFC. I cut both of them out when I realized it was indeed all about the cash.

On the positive side, I am friends (real friends) with a model who left MFC, and we still talk daily. On the negative side, I was friends with another model who I spoke with almost daily, and she suddenly, without explanation, deleted me from skype. It didn't feel any less shitty just because that friendship started with tokens. It had become real, and I don't mind saying, it hurt.

Many (most? :p ) models on ACF talk a lot about tipping (usually to new members here; happens most often in the "who is she?" threads), and it's not wrong for them to point out that camming is their job, but when a guy just joins and he is bombarded with that, it's very easy to see how he would become cynical and think nothing on a cam site is really real.

*I typed this off and on over the course of a couple hours, so I kinda lost steam and my point :lol:

I think it wise for someone to go INTO the cam world not expecting something real, and be surprised if it happens than make an ass of himself expecting things to get personal no matter what.

Example. I have a group of fellers and a few ladies who hang out with me daily. Some of them tip a lot, some of them tip a little but they are all considered my friends and are special to me. They are the people who make MFC so much fun and I wouldn't trade them for any amount of tokens. There are members who tip me 5 or 10 tokens on occasion that I would be super sad to see go, just as much as the friends who tip the larger amounts. We have a free members only chat on my site every week and I ALWAYS go over my one hour window just having a great time talking, and I almost never earn anything additional from those. I feel so lucky to have the kind of awesome friends on MFC who make me lose track of time like that.
Now I also know a lot of members who are great and love to drop large tips on me who I wouldn't consider good friends, but that's not because they haven't tipped me enough... it's because they don't interact and laugh with me. I still really appreciate them and feel honored they think I'm worth it, but I don't really know them. (and I assume that is how they want it)
A tip of SOME sort I do feel is necessary to build that friendship, but that's just because of the circumstance and on a cam site it's a way to show respect... Like bringing a bottle of wine to a dinner party you were invited to. It's hard to build a friendship with someone if the ice isn't broke initially, ya know? Why do you think housewives bake cookies for new neighbors?

Token cookies!

I find this cam model friendship versus real life friendship comparison so interesting. Because in my opinion its not true. In reality in todays society everything is bought. Whether your paying to sleep with a call girl or taking a girl out on a date either way your probably going to have to pay to get laid. Friendship is very similiar. Doesn't anyone remember high school? The real popular guy/girl that everyone wanted to be associated with not because they were good people but because they had the house party, cool parents, and money. They bought their way through people. And no matter how old you get society is like a over populated high school. This maybe super cynical of me, but very rarely do you come across people that want to be just your friend cause they like you. People always want something, there is always a motive. And it kinda sucks we have to live in a world like this. But at the end of the day. Once you put a foundation on that bought friendship, eventually it can become real or you can get thrown to the curb because you are no longer of use. I find many friendships I have with models to be real. Yeah maybe I got there attention out of the fact I tipped them, but that doesn't bother me. Because cam models make me happy and they don't throw me away because they realize I don't have money atm unlike most people I have met in "real" life. I'd rather be friends with them then some dickhead at work that if were to buy my friendship, I'd be forced to see everyday if he fucked me over.

Reactions: JimsX and ACFFAN69
KudosKids said:
This maybe super cynical of me, but very rarely do you come across people that want to be just your friend cause they like you. People always want something, there is always a motive. And it kinda sucks we have to live in a world like this.

I'll take the dream argument and simply state "I think, therefore I am". I could be mistaken, but I'd like to believe I'm not.

I've had 3 MFC member friends that I'd consider actual friends. Or, actual online friends anyway. However, I know that I would NOT have taken notice of them had they not dropped money on me. Camgirls don't need to be defensive about that. It's just the nature of the beast. Any camgirl who is just making friends with any old bluey isn't doing herself any favors. I don't think that devalues these friendships as 3 people out of the hundreds we see every night on cam is still a tiny amount.

I will say also that misunderstanding cam friendships happens to models too. At least it happened to me. One of those 3 MFC members sent me a message a few months back telling me that "our friendship had run its course" and "please not to contact him again". It hurt my feelings more than I'd like to admit, but ultimately, it was MY fault for thinking we were casual/internet pals instead of just some camgirl and a cam member. I mistook extreme generosity and jokes for mutual respect and friendship.

KudosKids said:
Whether your paying to sleep with a call girl or taking a girl out on a date either way your probably going to have to pay to get laid.

Wow. Just wow to this. I don't even... wtf... seriously.

KudosKids said:
but very rarely do you come across people that want to be just your friend cause they like you.

...I think I see why..

I can acknowledge that there is something different about the way we are friends on MFC (or any camsite) but I still believe that these are real friendships! My husband gets it, my friends and family get it, and I hope members get it, too!

I think there are a lot of situations and times in life where you become friends with people in a way you wouldn't normally. There are plenty of "vanilla" friendships that are similar to camsite friendships.

You get a job, you sure as hell are going to find SOME people to be friends with.
You join a sport team, you become friends with your teammates.
You go to school and become friends with classmates.
You go to camp, you make friends in your bunk/unit.

You probably call these people something different when talking to your "real" friends, too. It's Mike "from football" or Mary "my work friend" or Dana "from science class" or, you know, Bob, "my MFC friend". These are all situations where you are likely to legitimately enjoy the company of these people. You will probably connect on many things and talk for hours and hours! You are definitely friends. It is also likely that eventually, when you LEAVE that situation, you are not likely to be friends anymore (thought not always the case). Not in a negative way really, but you kind of just fade away. You had something really awesome while it lasted but then you drift apart when the thing that brought you together is out of the picture. I think that this could seem potentially lame, like you never really cared if you didn't stick together after, but I don't think that would be really fair. It really is just a part of life and I think that generally people understand. People come together in life and they leave too and that doesn't mean that their time together wasn't special and important.

I do feel that there IS something different about camsite friendships and NOT all relationships on a camsite are friendships, but I think some really are. I can't think about my closest regulars and imagine any word to describe us better than friends. We hang out and have fun together ALL the time, we are excited to see each other, we are interested in what is going on in each others' lives, we care about each other, we do nice things for each other, etc. We ARE friends! I know it can be tricky because there is money involved, but to be honest I get paid to entertain and I don't get paid to be a friend. Being friendly is certainly a part of my job and running my room, but I don't owe a soul my friendship and it isn't for sale either.

I can see both sides of this. I think that it can be complicated. I feel like maybe most people kind of understand that we have to get paid to be able to be there but that doesn't mean that our friendship isn't real. There's a point when maybe you decide not to worry about what it all means and just enjoy the fun you're having.

Status
Not open for further replies.