AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even have to have a lot of tokens to get attacked by PM's. I've had my premium account mobbed with 50 tokens showing, around the 600's.

JerryBoBerry said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Queen_Anne said:
weirdbr said:
PMing someone who never has been in her room and getting annoyed when she gets no replies:

04:13:30 PM REDACTED: hey
04:13:31 PM REDACTED: xoxo
04:25:17 PM REDACTED: doenst it cost u anything to say hello back
04:25:20 PM REDACTED: :pan

/me clicks on 'Ignore User'

I am finding it quite surprising that models PM users out of the blue especially as a lot of models, including myself often find PMs overwhelmingly distracting and mainly respond to them when my room is empty (which is most of the time lol). Even if I only have a couple of chatters in the room I will still try to focus on the room and at being sorta entertaining.

It happens a fair bit. I tend to assume it's studio models being instructed to do it or maybe even the studio owners themselves doing it. They're always very generic "hi, hope you had a great weekend", "hi, I have new videos on sale", "hi, I'm bored and lonely, come visit me", etc.

Try playing the PM game sometime. Simply make your tokens and reward points visible. Buy a 900 token package and sort the homepage by camscore. Then go to the last one on the list and work your way back up opening up the rooms. See how many will send you a PM within the first few seconds. If they don't, simply shut down the room and move on to the next. You'll quickly see just how many models PM out of the blue. I got over 80 in 15 minutes one time, and I didn't have to open more than a hundred to get that many.

Then there's also unexpected email. I got this one from a model I had never heard of, ever.

hey, how are you doing?:)
I just wanted to say, thank you for tipping me and being on my friends list.
I appreciate every tip I get.
I was just wondering if you could help me out, As some of you may know, I live with 3 other roommates. its hard for me to cam at some times because of that. They don't let me have any privacy and if I lock my door while camming they will just unlock it and come in, and I cant have that anymore. So I need everyone's help right now. I want to get my own apartment. That way I'll be able to cam every night for 2-3 hours at a time. and be more successful on here. I have a wonderful personality but with having roommates I don't get to shine as much because I am unable to be loud or even talk at times. I need at least 3000 tokens this pay period to be able to get one, and afford the down payment and security payments. I live in a small town so the apartments here are just as nice and really cheap. I want to go ahead and thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, and for being a part of my group chats. I'm not asking for you to tip 3000 tokens that'd be ridiculous. but if you could tip anywhere from 0-100 I'd really appreciate it so much. But i'd realllly love it if you'd join my loyals.You can read my profile for that information. Thanks for being awesome. Also, a lot of you know that all of my tips on here for to supporting my child. And being a single mom,and having to do everything I do at 18 is really difficult at times, but you guys help me out so much.
xoxoxox [Name here but removed by me]

Haha this one made me chuckle.

Well... while we're at it. Me thinks about 100 000 tokens in one single tip would help me towards that Porche I always wanted and as you all 'know' I do have a little dog (yeah, you DO know that you are in my room everyday sending me imaginary tips) who is very very hungry all the time and yeah, living in a shared house sux, so yeah, I could really really do with some lots and lots of tokens towards buying my own 4 bedroom house and decorating it. Then I will have 1 room for me, one for my dog and 2 for camming. Just add another 200 000 tokens, that will go towards decorating this new house cuz at the moment life is very sad and poor and... stuff. lol

On a serious note, the PM game sounds like fun. lol

SaffronBurke said:
You don't even have to have a lot of tokens to get attacked by PM's. I've had my premium account mobbed with 50 tokens showing, around the 600's.

Real actual eye opener. Good to know though. Whenever I have a model in my room now I do ask my peps to let me know if she PMs them, especially those with highish point thingys.

On that note, I do have a slight slight problem with models going into other models room with they model name. I don't mind THAT much if they're behaving, but still... feels like there should be some sort of professional courtesy to not showing your name in my room. You can always come in as a guest or basic or premium.

Queen_Anne said:
On that note, I do have a slight slight problem with models going into other models room with they model name. I don't mind THAT much if they're behaving, but still... feels like there should be some sort of professional courtesy to not showing your name in my room. You can always come in as a guest or basic or premium.
Yeah, models who come into rooms on their model accounts are beyond me. Make a premium account FFS, it's only $20 and you'll stop taking attention away from the model the room belongs to, and you'll be able to tip her.. :roll:

Re: models who PM you... My member name on MFC is clearly female. I have my reward points showing (they're higher than I'd like to admit :oops: ) and within a few months I got a PM twice from the same model, saying she'd like to 'please my cock'. I told her both times that I won't be able to help her out there.

Queen_Anne said:
SaffronBurke said:

Real actual eye opener. Good to know though. Whenever I have a model in my room now I do ask my peps to let me know if she PMs them, especially those with highish point thingys.

There's a thread where the forum specifically discussed that if you are interested:
Model In Models Room Etiquette

LilyMarie said:
Re: models who PM you... My member name on MFC is clearly female. I have my reward points showing (they're higher than I'd like to admit :oops: ) and within a few months I got a PM twice from the same model, saying she'd like to 'please my cock'. I told her both times that I won't be able to help her out there.
You can't hide the truth
tumblr_n5u9ie3TEo1rsxqqio1_500.gif

eclipse76 said:
LilyMarie said:
You can't hide the truth
tumblr_n5u9ie3TEo1rsxqqio1_500.gif

the space pirate episode is probably my favorite archer episode. "Don't say whorediot. We hate that."

Now to the topic, I wouldn't say it annoyed me. I found it baffling. A girl who was one of the top models last month was on cam and crying. I never heard why she was crying but that wasn't what confused me. I do understand plenty of regulars would tip an upset girl. The baffling part was that not only was she crying, she was screaming, and I do mean screaming, at guys for complimenting her or asking her about something very simple indeed. Not asking her to DO anything, just asking her about something that wasn't at all personal. A lot of these guys were tipping her quite a lot and she was still getting pissy with them. I am just baffled that sort of attitude gets tips. But maybe she was drunk

It is not uncommon, and there is a market for that. I remember one model a few years ago, UKGameGirl I think, who was often doing that. She claimed she had some mental illness issues which made her mood unstable.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
eclipse76 said:
It is not uncommon, and there is a market for that. I remember one model a few years ago, UKGameGirl I think, who was often doing that. She claimed she had some mental illness issues which made her mood unstable.

I mean. I guess I can see that. I didn't get the vibe that this was a common occurrence for this girl. But she was still getting tipped so good for her I guess ha. It's just such a stark contrast from what I hear from most members, including my handful of regulars, that they enjoy seeing a perky girl with good conversational skills.

But I'm not hating. She's making a lot of more money than I am so obviously that attitude didn't hurt her. I just was...bemused...I guess

There's nothing worse than a model who begs and begs and begs for tokens. I mean, I understand that is a job to a lot of them, but they have to realize that not every guy on there has money to spend, and getting upset when they say so is even worse.

Luckily for me, I have rarely ran into these types. Most times, I engage with models who actually like to converse with people.

YelloMit said:
There's nothing worse than a model who begs and begs and begs for tokens. I mean, I understand that is a job to a lot of them, but they have to realize that not every guy on there has money to spend, and getting upset when they say so is even worse.

Luckily for me, I have rarely ran into these types. Most times, I engage with models who actually like to converse with people.

I get that begging for tokens is gross, but I can't wrap my head around it being annoying that a model would be bothered by dudes blatantly telling her that they're not going to spend money. If you're not gonna spend, just be a non-spender quietly and it's likely a model won't be bothered by it. ;)

AllisonWilder said:
YelloMit said:

I get that begging for tokens is gross, but I can't wrap my head around it being annoying that a model would be bothered by dudes blatantly telling her that they're not going to spend money. If you're not gonna spend, just be a non-spender quietly and it's likely a model won't be bothered by it. ;)
I agree, but it is usually when the models asks a particular member and the guy nicely says something like "I can't sorry, I don't have any money." and the model preceeds to get all angry because they think that the guy is wasting their time.

I don't talk about tokens or anything like that unless the models brings it up, and usually I will tell them in PM if they ask.

Reactions: JimsX
YelloMit said:
I agree, but it is usually when the models asks a particular member and the guy nicely says something like "I can't sorry, I don't have any money." and the model preceeds to get all angry because they think that the guy is wasting their time.

I don't talk about tokens or anything like that unless the models brings it up, and usually I will tell them in PM if they ask.

I see what you are saying and I agree. To me it is in poor taste for a model to single one guy out. I do, however, think it is fine to do so when there is that one guy who is in her room every day and he never tips or even talks. That's a bit odd and creepy. :p

JimsX said:
YelloMit said:

I see what you are saying and I agree. To me it is in poor taste for a model to single one guy out. I do, however, think it is fine to do so when there is that one guy who is in her room every day and he never tips or even talks. That's a bit odd and creepy. :p
Yeah, when a model does that, I love it. That's why I try to converse with the model as much as possible.

Another thing that bugs me is when models are on cam and they literally look like they just want to go to sleep, or look extremely bored and don't talk. They just expect things to happen without any effort. If you don't look like you want to be there, then don't be.

YelloMit said:

I made a flowchart! (click to enlarge, yeah?)

Attachments

• flowchart.png
    flowchart.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 396
mynameisbob84 said:

I laughed at the dead dog (that sounds awful), but in fairness to Mit, he did say he would tell the model in PM. That of course implies that one has PM privileges. To me there is a line with this kind of thing. As I said in my last post, I applaud models who call out silent lurkers. But randomly going after generally decent prems is a bit much. Of course I cannot truly appreciate how tough camming can be, but ranting cannot make business any better (and yes, I will say this is quite rare, but seems to happen when the model has been drinking).

mynameisbob84 said:
It doesn't always happen, but yeah, it is a vicious circle. Sometimes camming doesn't work for some models, or they just have a bad day in terms of earning money. I don't like the members who do flat out say that they're not gonna tip just because. They're greedy assholes.

I think changing the phrase "I can't tip you right now, I'm broke" in exchange with the phrase "I really enjoy your room and as soon as I can grab a few tokens I will tip them to you" is a big difference.

Please...

Wpxkj7z.jpg

Or... if you can't tip, simply make NO reference to your token status.

AmberCutie said:
I think changing the phrase "I can't tip you right now, I'm broke" in exchange with the phrase "I really enjoy your room and as soon as I can grab a few tokens I will tip them to you" is a big difference.

Please...

Wpxkj7z.jpg

That'd be super.

AmberCutie said:

Please...

Wpxkj7z.jpg

:text-yeahthat:

I've had plenty of members say the latter and eventually begin contributing to shows and they end up being my most loyal regulars. I understand that not everyone can tip at that moment but don't call attention to it and put the model in an awkward spot. When people do this I end up saying, "hey it's no problem! I totally understand" and I'm afraid it sounds fake. I really do appreciate everyone who takes the time to hang out with me but I'm not sure that genuinely comes out after that awkward scenario.

housewifeswag said:
I've had plenty of members say the latter and eventually begin contributing to shows and they end up being my most loyal regulars. I understand that not everyone can tip at that moment but don't call attention to it and put the model in an awkward spot. When people do this I end up saying, "hey it's no problem! I totally understand" and I'm afraid it sounds fake. I really do appreciate everyone who takes the time to hang out with me but I'm not sure that genuinely comes out after that awkward scenario.
That's an awesome attitude to have, and most models are the same. :)

I'm more or less talking those rare, but still existent models that are the complete opposite who end up making their room a lot worse rather than a lot better.

There is nothing wrong with a model reminding the room to spend some tokens. That's a "call to action" and basic marketing. If you don't have any tokens at that time and are not in a situation to get more be pleasant, be polite, be respectful and go with the STFU about not having any tokens option.

But remember to rate and admire...and tell the model you did...preferably with a huge emote...

As much as I am trying to make money, I do enjoy talking to people and being a complete nutter on the inter web. Most of my regulars go threw waves of having tips and then not having tips, at the end of the day they are still cool people that I'm not going to start ignoring or degrading just because they happened to be stuck in a rut in-between pay days.
I've never been in a models room where they are just flat our rude about people tipping them. I guess I've just not room surfed enough.
I've also never just started PM'ing members out of the blue to try and get them in my room. I will PM my regulars even if they aren't in my room, and thats just to chat...because they are cool. I'll post something on the news feed, and thats about it. The thought of bombarding people with PM's never even crossed my mind, especially since I have to keep my PM's almost completely turned off in order to not get over run while trying to do a live show.

ZenHedonist said:
But remember to rate and admire...and tell the model you did...preferably with a huge emote...

Omg don't even joke about that! :lol:

I wish MFC had stuck with their decision to remove that. I still don't understand why they reversed that decision. Ugh.

AmberCutie said:

Please...

Wpxkj7z.jpg

I feel like this guy on Twitter doesn't get what I was saying. Was it confusing?

https://twitter.com/ransomtyler

I'm rude because I think members shouldn't shout about their brokeness? I dunno. I thought I was being accepting saying I don't mind members being around just would rather not hear their intentions to NOT tip me.

AmberCutie said:
I feel like this guy on Twitter doesn't get what I was saying. Was it confusing?

https://twitter.com/ransomtyler

I'm rude because I think members shouldn't shout about their brokeness? I dunno. I thought I was being accepting saying I don't mind members being around just would rather not hear their intentions to NOT tip me.

Considering he's upset because and I quote "i prefer to tell my regular ladies I'm out than to have them think I'm no longer a fan.", and you said specifically a member should say "as soon as I can grab a few tokens I will tip them to you", I'm not even seeing where the problem lays.

You're saying that he should say exactly what he is saying. He's mentioning that he's telling his regular ladies that he can't pay now but he's still a fan and will. You are saying that's the polite way to do it. :think:

In no way did your post imply that a member should only watch a model when you can tip. In fact your post literally says the opposite.

Sometimes people get butthurt about the strangest things on this forum. "Thankfully (you've) never gotten any of (his) tokens", so no loss on your income.

AmberCutie said:
ZenHedonist said:

Omg don't even joke about that! :lol:

I wish MFC had stuck with their decision to remove that. I still don't understand why they reversed that decision. Ugh.

It would be interesting if they had a followers number on the profile, that would just list how many users had that Model on their friends list. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.