AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after being a male cammer for 4+ years ...
But... I learned as a cammer not to think of it as a job after the first day..

I know this isn't the tips thread, but do you have any tips on how I can 'teach' the IRS this?

I'll tell people the thing is answered below, but I'm not mad, I take that as a compliment if they haven't bothered :p
some people even say 'oh, I haven't even seen it yet, didn't want to take my eyes off what was going on (which I can totally relate to). I don't usually check out a bio until things have been safely boring for a little while and I have time to explore :)

This is a great perspective that I don't know why I'd never considered before. Thank you for that. :cat:

Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
I get turned off by a cam-person who doesn't take responsibility for not earning as many tips as she/he/they wanted to. I would think that one would appreciate the challenge and competition of engaging an audience of loyal fans. It keeps me motivated to stay creative and active while on cam so that viewers get interesting and energetic shows with plenty of variety.

Golly, after having a quite un-profitable day today on cam, I wish I worded this differently. Teehee. It is annoying and a turn off when the model blames viewers out loud and lets it show that it bothers her/him. There we go.

Taking forever to film a custom
I feel like some models are very bad at scheduling and prioritizing those out.

Shouldn't take a month to film a custom with little to no script involved.

Taking forever to film a custom
I feel like some models are very bad at scheduling and prioritizing those out.

Shouldn't take a month to film a custom with little to no script involved.

Do you ask them how long it will take before ordering? I always tell customers it will take me two weeks max, and am usually done in 3-5 days. I know that's frustrating, but if you never agreed on a set time she has to be done by, it technically isn't her fault.

just yesterday I saw a profile pitching 1-min customs for 100tks. seemed amazingly cheap to me for the amount of time involved in prep/shoot/post for that kinda thing. I mean, I can't imagine I could clear minimum wage on a venture like that. you'd have to be wagering on future sales on the same content, I imagine

I don't believe they're trying to mimic a 69 :bag:

I do appreciate it's easier to suck a dildo with the bend towards you, but still.. it's backwards

doesn't have to be 69.
head hanging off the end of the bed is supposed to be a good face-fucking position because of that bend issue.

Reactions: AnimeAnnie
one of the more annoying things: when they just sit in the same spot, expressionless, never speaking or typing, except to say 'come on guys' or post a 'tip shows respect' gif. ...how about 'come on, girl, do something!', tip you for nothing? why? you're acting like you're just one of 20 different poor young girls imprisoned in some mafia's mansion hating her life of making money for them. Do something fun or sexy, have some fun, start a conversation, practice making human expressions in a mirror, anything, anything! It's definitely starting to put me off the international models.

maybe I'm just jealous they have such a comfortable place to sit for hours on end.

My biggest pet peeve is honestly other cam models who come in and promo their room to my viewers. I don't mine C2C if we are in private only, and I'm clear about that, but so many people come in and are advertising their room, like insta ban get out of my room these are my viewers, I don't do that and no respectable camperson should, imo. Like get out of my room lol

My biggest pet peeve is honestly other cam models who come in and promo their room to my viewers.

there's also a cunning one I saw last week, where you create a grey account, and do your ad spam like this

your profile is websitedotcom/username/
you sign up with 'username1' and spam chats with
username1 come watch I having the sex now copypaste username just remove the 1

that way when you get banned it doesn't really have any fall back on you.what're they going to do - ban your real account? you could just claim a rogue fan did it on your behalf unrequested and it's unfair to ban your real account for this reason (since anyone could do this maliciously). you can repeatedly go to popular rooms, account 1 account 2 account 3 account 4 all week with no consequences.

also on the list of 'least annoying but still annoying':

having a bio like this:
"I study generally medicine,so I will be a doctor in the future. [...] .I love to travel more and meet new people.
[...]
Thank you so much to be here with me"

and under 'language(s)' only putting English, as if you don't speak French or something.

I guess if you speak Occitan or something really obscure but you don't want people to know your location down to a region of a country, you kinda have to pretend, but I dunno, it seems like you should at least put ESL or 'I only want practice my English' or something.

This is a minor thing but..

A lot of models suck their dildos backwards.. I don't believe they're trying to mimic a 69 :bag:

I do appreciate it's easier to suck a dildo with the bend towards you, but still.. it's backwards

I am one of those models :shame: (& I understand the aesthetic would be better if I didn't!) The thing for me is I'm allergic to most dildo materials, so I'm limited to pure, medical grade silicone, which is usually quite firm. Since when deepthroating, you need the dildo to bend down into your throat and not up into your sinuses, I use mine upside down to not cause actual damage to the back of my throat. My goal, quite honestly, is to learn how to mold and cast my own dildos, so that I can make longer & more impressive looking ones to swallow. (I have yet to find a double ended dildo that isn't made out of a material that didn't burn me on skin/mouth contact, or was simply to rigid to swallow!) so in the meantime, yep, I have told my room that I pretend I'm in a 69 position!

TL;DR - I do it, but hope to change that in the future.

Do you ask them how long it will take before ordering? I always tell customers it will take me two weeks max, and am usually done in 3-5 days. I know that's frustrating, but if you never agreed on a set time she has to be done by, it technically isn't her fault.

Yes it is frustrating.
It is usually models missing the deadlines agreed onmultiple times. Usually with an excuse about here it will be done the next week. So then the project ends up coming way later then it should.

Though maybe it is easier for girls who work on videos more often to get in the rhythm of getting those out. For example, one girl told me it was weird for her to film herself. In comparison to being on live cam.

I'm limited to pure, medical grade silicone (I have yet to find a double ended dildo that isn't made out of a material that didn't burn me on skin/mouth contact, or was simply to rigid to swallow!)

really? mine _claims to be_ made from silicone. I don't know how to test that, though. it's made in china, so, not exactly a trustworthy source. maybe it's some silicone mix, not pure like you're talking about?

Yes it is frustrating.
It is usually models missing the deadlines agreed onmultiple times. Usually with an excuse about here it will be done the next week. So then the project ends up coming way later then it should.

IMO, if they haven't yet filmed the material (as opposed to the hold up being post-production), it would be fair to refund the tks to the guy so he's all set in the meantime (they don't all have an endless supply), and if he's still interested after all this time when you can finally deliver, then get in touch again and see if he still wants to deal (and offer him a discount for having mucked him around). we're in the service industry, after all. even if you're such a star that reputation and word of mouth are nothing to you, surely the goal is still to make people happier, so everybody wins.

"I hate this guy. Do you think he's gay?"

Said about me during a private show by a model to another, having been all nice to me before hand. I know you need to communicate if in duo shows, and most people might not be genuine, but still..

really? mine _claims to be_ made from silicone. I don't know how to test that, though. it's made in china, so, not exactly a trustworthy source. maybe it's some silicone mix, not pure like you're talking about?

Google "silicone flame test". I've never done it, because all my toys are Tantus, but word is that pure silicone won't be damaged by flame.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Google "silicone flame test". I've never done it, because all my toys are Tantus, but word is that pure silicone won't be damaged by flame.

doesn't sound like something I wanna do with my toys
http://dangerouslilly.com/2014/03/deciphering-results-of-flame-test/

but I'll give it a crack on some high-heat resistant purportedly-silicone tubing I have

result: glowed orange, turned to grey ash, and resulted at last in a coarse texture that would be undesirable on toys.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Bree Bella
it annoys me that they'll tag their room 'shh my family's home' when it's the same 8-hour 4-model studio orgy they always do. if you want to role play that fantasy for your audience, get your act together. It can't be good to insult your audience's intelligence unless you're really right about how little there is.

• Funny!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Picnic
My biggest pet peeve is honestly other cam models who come in and promo their room to my viewers.

I get some who think they are helping me by backseat modding but really just scaring off tippers by yelling at them. Oh, with the sly "ooh check out my room" tone.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
IMO, if they haven't yet filmed the material (as opposed to the hold up being post-production), it would be fair to refund the tks to the guy so he's all set in the meantime (they don't all have an endless supply), and if he's still interested after all this time when you can finally deliver, then get in touch again and see if he still wants to deal (and offer him a discount for having mucked him around). we're in the service industry, after all. even if you're such a star that reputation and word of mouth are nothing to you, surely the goal is still to make people happier, so everybody wins.

This is another reason I love escrow sites like ExtraLunchMoney. I feel I'm pretty responsible with my turn-around time, but I see why members might not know to trust me as a first time buyer. On ELM if you do an escrow and don't see the product in the time she said she'd make it in...your money back. That simple.

I get some who think they are helping me by backseat modding but really just scaring off tippers by yelling at them. Oh, with the sly "ooh check out my room" tone.

I love the 'tip guys' GIF dropped by someone who has yet to tip a dime themselves. lol. did the guy not realize the model had the tip counter next to our names in chat?

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
My biggest peeve right now is whenever I see a model using a lush where the sun don't shine. Honey , if you want anal , get a hush.

Please get the hush.

how come?
I think I've seen a Hush used once, out of all the lovense tagged male cams I've seen. they seem pretty happy with their Lush. (though I've only ever seen one guy going absolutely wet-dog mad over it).

Have you experimented with both and found the Hush works a lot better for you?

I'll probably reply to your post again in a week or two after I've tried it out myself and have a better idea of how much it's just a tip scam/performance rather than an enjoyable toy.
The fact that Lovense designed the Edge suggests to me there is definite room for improvement between both Lush and Hush options for anal stimulation.

how come?
I think I've seen a Hush used once, out of all the lovense tagged male cams I've seen. they seem pretty happy with their Lush. (though I've only ever seen one guy going absolutely wet-dog mad over it).

Do vibrations actually do anything for men? I've always been under the impression they don't

Do vibrations actually do anything for men? I've always been under the impression they don't

I only own two vibrators at the moment, a very cheap little portable bullet, and a somewhat decent egg-style one (but I believe the girth is substantially smaller than the Lush, which could be critical), both are virtually pointless internally, and underwhelming externally, at least as a source of arousal. Coupled with the right stimulation they might contribute better, but I haven't explored that much.
(it's actually why I was curious about Lovense's Osci. if it's analogous to g-spot fingering like a testimonial suggested then it might be more useful for guys than regular vibrators, but apparently it hasn't been tested on guys)

people have told me that the Lovense is impressively powerful, though. I remain skeptical while I await delivery, and suspect I may have to use higher settings at the single-tip level than the girls typically do. soon find out. It's one reason I wish there was a private male models section, where people could talk about this honestly, because no one using it as a revenue generator will want to admit it if it's only useful as a source of tips rather than pleasure (one more reason for me to remain quasianonymous* on here). and since not everyone is the same I don't want to give what is merely my personal experience when no one else is sharing anecdotes to show how varied experience is with it.

*the profile pic matches one visible on my bio, so, yeh

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: MFCGod
Status
Not open for further replies.