AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and mute auto tweets that is your perogative but the whole "if she doesn't change her auto tweet by adding a hash tag for me I unfollow" bothered me.

I don't really use hash tags. So i would not want to change it. And yeah you can mute words.

Reactions: Gen
You can love a model but still not like her advertising. In the same way that each person can choose to receive or not receive e-mail promotions from a website they use, people should have a way to exercise a preference over seeing promotional tweets.

If there is no hashtag to identify the specific type of advertising, then which keyword am I supposed to filter out? Sometimes there is not a specific word to filter on, and choosing a too-generic filter then means you lose more valuable content. The use of a standardized hashtag to identify a particular type of promotion works great. People can filter it if they like, or they can receive those promotions if they like. No harm and no foul either way.

Out of maybe 20 models I have followed, I think I had a problem with one model. Everyone else is using the standardized hashtags. This issue touches very few models.

Of course advertising works. I would encourage every model to advertise often and well. Most models I follow do advertise often, and I still follow them.

It's the act of messaging models and telling them to change their promotion tactics because you only have hashtags muted and they don't have any. It's selfish and rude. I could care less if you unfollow them because you dont like they leave hashtags out of their ads.

Muted words on Twitter mutes any phrases. I have Trump, niteflirt, mfcshare, offline tip, sell, sale, call, Nazi, snapchat, snapchat premium, video, clip and a lot of other common cammodel promo hashtags muted. I havent seen any tweets containing these phrases or words in over a year in my home feed.

Last edited:
It's the act of messaging models and telling them to change their promotion tactics because you only have hashtags muted and they don't have any. It's selfish and rude. I could care less if you unfollow them because you dont like they leave hashtags out of their ads.

I am never pushy or demanding. I never want to be rude. I just make a request to the model "Are you willing to consider adding a hashtag #whatever to your promotions from <whatever> so that people can filter those out of their Twitter feed." The model is always in charge of her own decisions, and I never argue with anyone.

I personally love seeing other girls previews because I love the creativity and I also secretly cheer on other models when their auto tweets clearly show they are gettin money haha so I don't mute anything but I'm weird :D

I am never pushy or demanding. I never want to be rude. I just make a request to the model "Are you willing to consider adding a hashtag #whatever to your promotions from <whatever> so that people can filter those out of their Twitter feed." The model is always in charge of her own decisions, and I never argue with anyone.
Why don't you just like.. Mute words?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Why don't you just like.. Mute words?

In some cases there are no words to mute that are consistent. I also don't want to miss conversations about MFCShare. I only want to exclude advertising. So #MFCShare is a way to catch the advertisement, while still allowing the discussion.

In some cases there are no words to mute that are consistent. I also don't want to miss conversations about MFCShare. I only want to exclude advertising. So #MFCShare is a way to catch the advertisement, while still allowing the discussion.

Okay. So why is it necessary to message models requesting them to change their ads to include tags? It's rude bro. You aren't doing them any favors other than acting entitled.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Okay. So why is it necessary to message models requesting them to change their ads to include tags? It's rude bro. You aren't doing them any favors other than acting entitled.

Consider the other side of the argument. If implementing my suggestion saves the model from losing 5% of her Twitter followers over time, the request is not selfish. The point of standard hashtags is it gives people a way to all live together in peace. Models gets to advertise. Followers get to filter out ads, if they want to. Followers who want to receive the ads receive the ads, and the models get the benefits of more purchases. Followers who filter ads can continue to read the model's interesting original content.

If I just unfollow the model without making her aware of that issue, isn't that actually the much more selfish thing to do? If I only care about myself, I am going to just unfollow the model silently. I cannot control what gets people angry. If I warn a person who is crossing the street "Hey there is a bus coming come back!" I am doing the right thing. If that person gets angry at me for that I do not know how to respond?

Consider the other side of the argument. If implementing my suggestion saves the model from losing 5% of her Twitter followers over time, the request is not selfish. The point of standard hashtags is it gives people a way to all live together in peace. Models gets to advertise. Followers get to filter out ads, if they want to. Followers who want to receive the ads receive the ads, and the models get the benefits of more purchases. Followers who filter ads can continue to read the model's interesting original content.

If I just unfollow the model without making her aware of that issue, isn't that actually the much more selfish thing to do? If I only care about myself, I am going to just unfollow the model silently. I cannot control what gets people angry. If I warn a person who is crossing the street "Hey there is a bus coming come back!" I am doing the right thing. If that person gets angry at me for that I do not know how to respond?

What argument? It's straight up rude bro. If a model doesn't have tags you like to keep your homefeed muted from, just unfollow them without having to expect special treatment.

You can try to argue and justify it all you want, it's flat out rude.

I don’t like seeing my timeline dominated by one person, especially if it’s auto-tweets.

This is precisely my feeling. I actually appreciate when a model tweets about a new video, new club, or something like that. But if I pull up Twitter and literally 75% of it is auto-tweets from the exact same thing and it's dominating my feed, then I'll just unfollow. With that kind of frequency it gets to the point where you start missing actual interactions from that person such as a fun poll, or a question, or a RETWEET THIS IF type thing. Not only from them, but from other people as well. I suspect nobody here has an issue with the advertising as I said I do enjoy that part, but there's absolutely a difference between advertising and spam.

What argument? It's straight up rude bro. If a model doesn't have tags you like to keep your homefeed muted from, just unfollow them without having to expect special treatment.

The tags I am referring to are industry standards. It has nothing to do with me or my preferences or my list of muted words. Every single viewer participating here so far has said they object to spam. There is an industry-standardized way for a model to tag her autogenerated advertisements so that viewers can filter those out.

So far I have contacted four models, and the responses I got:

Model #1: Oh, I thought I had done that already. Thanks for letting me know.
Model #2: I studied this and it looks good I will add
Model #3: I never knew about that thanks
Model #4: No

If I had not said anything to Models #1 through #3, they would have lost other followers not just me. I think I did them a favor and I don't think it was selfish of me to share this information with them. I would never contact a model about my personal preferences or with special one-off requests that only apply to me.

The tags I am referring to are industry standards. It has nothing to do with me or my preferences or my list of muted words. Every single viewer participating here so far has said they object to spam. There is an industry-standardized way for a model to tag her autogenerated advertisements so that viewers can filter those out.

So far I have contacted four models, and the responses I got:

Model #1: Oh, I thought I had done that already. Thanks for letting me know.
Model #2: I studied this and it looks good I will add
Model #3: I never knew about that thanks
Model #4: No

If I had not said anything to Models #1 through #3, they would have lost other followers not just me. I think I did them a favor and I don't think it was selfish of me to share this information with them. I would never contact a model about my personal preferences or with special one-off requests that only apply to me.

Just kind of following what you were having issues with. I looked at the ads from about 30 or so models I found that even without hashtags many of them have the same canned phrase for their videos that are being sold such as:

"Thank you for Tipping"
"just sold'
"another sale"
"new sale"
"mv crush"

Muting 3 of those cleared a ton of things from my feed and I still see promotional tweets for new videos and when the model is online etc. I think there is a way to reach out and communicate issues with the amount of plugs/ads/etc that you can see from models. But, I also think if it is something that really bugs, you if you don't want to mute phrases then yeah I can see the need to unfollow people. But, I also think unfollowing would be an extreme action to take when you have an option to mute. Hashtags or no hashtags. Still it is a valid concern to bring up how these things can be overwhelming to a potential detriment.

If the issue is strictly that when you are on the models page and you see nothing but ads/re-tweets I don't have a solution for that.

I'm a feed person so I don't really look at the persons actual page all that often.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Gen and AudriTwo
I really didn't think this would spin into this much of a conversation when I saw it, lol. This seems kind of basic to me I guess. What do I do when a website sends me more emails than I want to receive? I unsubscribe. Doesn't mean I won't shop there anymore, just means I have to do a little more leg work to watch for their specials/product. MFC/Twitter are no different for me.

Why do I unfollow rather than filter? Because as I've stated I do like to see advertising. There are friends I follow that are using the frequency control mechanisms, so it's not too overbearing for me. If I set up filters, I'd miss THEIR stuff too. But again that doesn't mean I don't still look at content from the others, just means I have to be more proactive about watching Share or profiles. Also doesn't mean that the friends I follow are right, or that others that don't are wrong, just means it's my preference :)

Here's what I've added to the end of my auto-tweets to avoid unfollows:

and I try to remember to add the hashtag to my new auto stuff but sometimes forget. Also MV doesn't let you customize the message that accompanies your sales tweets, unfortunately.

Here's what I've added to the end of my auto-tweets to avoid unfollows:

FWIW, yours isn't one I'd unfollow or filter either one, there's nothing 'spammy' about yours in any way. For ME the ones that get 'spammy' are the ones that are like "Tip 5 tokens just for the hell of it". Those are fun when you're in the room, but if someone tips that option like crazy online and they're set up to auto-tweet, then yeah, spam. :)

Reactions: AmberCutie
FWIW, yours isn't one I'd unfollow or filter either one, there's nothing 'spammy' about yours in any way. For ME the ones that get 'spammy' are the ones that are like "Tip 5 tokens just for the hell of it". Those are fun when you're in the room, but if someone tips that option like crazy online and they're set up to auto-tweet, then yeah, spam. :)
I did end up taking a model out of a list because she has her MV set to tweet for every single sale, and people often buy her vids in bulk, so it just swamped my timeline for that list with autotweets. I get the frustration. I had a day where I had a lot of purchases on MFC Share and I hadn't yet limited how many could go out at once and I had like 10 in a few hour period and I still felt bad about that.

Literally the entire purpose of most cam models Twitter is promotion and those auto tweets legitimately help increase sales (at least for me). You should clearly know that going in if you have followed any models before.

Unfollowing a model because she won't change her auto tweet for you because it brothers you to see her selling things? Or what's the issue there? I just don't get it and agree with audri that it's pretty rude.
No, I agree, and encourage models to use the auto-tweet and do as much promotion as possible! But what I'm referring to is when a model logs online, say at the end of the pay period, and encourages her members to go tip for a goal via an MFC Share goal that's rather small. What you end up with is Twitter in the space of 60 seconds loading up 25-50 IDENTICAL tweets all saying thank you for tipping for this really small goal.

That's what I'm referring to. A frequency of tweeting the exact same identical tweet during a specific time frame.

I did end up taking a model out of a list because she has her MV set to tweet for every single sale, and people often buy her vids in bulk, so it just swamped my timeline for that list with autotweets. I get the frustration. I had a day where I had a lot of purchases on MFC Share and I hadn't yet limited how many could go out at once and I had like 10 in a few hour period and I still felt bad about that.
It's not just videos. Set up a 5 token "ILY" goal on MFC Share, put a 3000 token countdown, and you'll get a lot of people purchasing that 5 token goal, over and over and over again (especially if most purchases/HT gets a prize), and Twitter will send a tweet for each identical purchase. That's not encouraging, that's not promotion, that's effectively just spam. (And sometimes Twitter gets overloaded with the number of tweets, so will massively dump 100 tweets in the space of 60 seconds because of server overload.)

I'm all for models promoting themselves, but there's better ways of doing it.

Let me ask this another way:

Models, if you logged offline for 5 minutes, and EVERY member in your room started offline pink tipping 1 token, but also sent you a private MFC mail message somewhere between all those offline tips, would you go looking through all those pink emails to find them, or would your suddenly full inbox be a little annoying and needing to be emptied?

I get the sales aspect. But, in some ways, I agree that the sheer number of tweets gets annoying to some degree. For example, following two top MFC models, I had well over 100 auto tweets from them in less than an hour. Yes, it's promotion but like Yavin mentioned, it'd be nice to be able to turn the frequency down.
This exactly. And if it's the same promo tweet thanking for buying my 5 token MFC Share goal sent 100 times...that's a lot and it's spam. It's not promotional at all anymore.

Let me ask this another way:

Models, if you logged offline for 5 minutes, and EVERY member in your room started offline pink tipping 1 token, but also sent you a private MFC mail message somewhere between all those offline tips, would you go looking through all those pink emails to find them, or would your suddenly full inbox be a little annoying and needing to be emptied?
*select all unread
*mark all as read
*close mfc mail

*select all unread
*mark all as read
*close mfc mail
Point in this being that an important mail or something we NEED/WANT to read might get lost in the hoopla.

*select all unread
*mark all as read
*close mfc mail
Didn’t realize how much MFC mail was generated by something like contributing to a poll until I looked at my sent mail and had about five pages worth of messages of just tips for polls.

So I can understand how some things slip through the cracks.

pink tips?

Oh boy this one feels like another dangerous subject lol but here it goes anyway. A few of my friends use these from time to time just to do something different, mix up the shows a little bit. On those occasions I actually think they're really fun. But for the rooms where day in and day out it's 100% of the show and it's the primary focus it's just not fun for me, I'll exit as soon as I enter. That's just MY personal preference. Clearly there's a lot of rooms that have an absolute blast with these day in and day out, and that's awesome for them. If it's not someone's THING then it's just as easy to move on to the next ;) It's one of my favorite things about the MFC community, there's something for EVERYONE on the site

Oh boy this one feels like another dangerous subject lol but here it goes anyway. A few of my friends use these from time to time just to do something different, mix up the shows a little bit. On those occasions I actually think they're really fun. But for the rooms where day in and day out it's 100% of the show and it's the primary focus it's just not fun for me, I'll exit as soon as I enter. That's just MY personal preference. Clearly there's a lot of rooms that have an absolute blast with these day in and day out, and that's awesome for them. If it's not someone's THING then it's just as easy to move on to the next ;) It's one of my favorite things about the MFC community, there's something for EVERYONE on the site

You're talking about the little pink aliens. These are where offline tips show up as pink highlights in the mfc mail.

You're talking about the little pink aliens. These are where offline tips show up as pink highlights in the mfc mail.

Ahahaha, now that's funny. TBH I was not only wrong about the reference, but was also looking for a way to get the conversation off of auto-tweets. Felt like we kinda milked that one for all it was worth lol. Good point of clarification, thank you!

Ahahaha, now that's funny. TBH I was not only wrong about the reference, but was also looking for a way to get the conversation off of auto-tweets. Felt like we kinda milked that one for all it was worth lol. Good point of clarification, thank you!

There's been quite a few discussions of the "Little Pink Aliens" here as well. ;) I've gone away from models I frequented simply because they became the focus of their room. While one does it very well, and is highly sensual. I just didn't like the change to it from a mix of talk, sensuality, and fun. Sadly, it caused a lot of friction between us and we no longer talk. It's her room, and she's welcome to do as she wishes. But, when she berated me to going to other rooms and tipping them, I had enough.

Like you said, there's quite a variety of models on MFC. If a model choses to make a change in her room, and I don't agree with it. I'm free to go elsewhere and spend as I so choose.

Reactions: Osyrus
There's been quite a few discussions of the "Little Pink Aliens" here as well. ;) I've gone away from models I frequented simply because they became the focus of their room. While one does it very well, and is highly sensual. I just didn't like the change to it from a mix of talk, sensuality, and fun. Sadly, it caused a lot of friction between us and we no longer talk. It's her room, and she's welcome to do as she wishes. But, when she berated me to going to other rooms and tipping them, I had enough.

Like you said, there's quite a variety of models on MFC. If a model choses to make a change in her room, and I don't agree with it. I'm free to go elsewhere and spend as I so choose.

I like to think of them more as "Alien Sperm" rather than actual aliens.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.