AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the proper way to tip a model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2019
I'm a guy who found chaturbate two weeks ago and love it, but really do not yet understand the social dynamics and unwritten rules of the place.

My method: I tip a woman/performer about 25 tokens every 10 minutes or so, do not request anything, and then move on after about 30/40 minutes in the room. In the rooms with fewer viewers, I will usually get into a private chat with the woman if she sends a message, and the chat is nothing sexual. I love the interaction, but feel she is kind of wasting her time on me: I'm just there to watch and tip for appreciation. I see others tip one token after another and another, or tip for certain activities. All good - just not my thing. I'm lazy - tipping 25 token is easier then tipping 1 token 25 times!

My question: Is it ok to just tip every ten minutes when you are private chatting? Would a performer rather be tipped smaller amounts numerous time to gain traction with the rest of the audience? Is chatting too long with one guy a bad thing for the performer? Like I wrote, I like the interaction, but don't want her ignore or spend less time on others.

I'm really trying to figure this all out, so it's a win/win for all.

Thanks,
Emark_77

Sounds like you're doing things just fine. I'd always much rather a person tip 25 than 1 token 25 times. Bonus points if you're actually participating in the chat happening in her public room, too.

You should never feel bad about tipping. Regardless if it's 1 token 25, 50, 100, or what ever.
And similarly you shouldn't feel a pressure to tip more then you want to, and or can afford to do so.
If a model is doing a public show, they expect various tips at different amounts. And it all helps, and all goes to their goal.

Depending on how much your actually tipping in total. You might want to look into privates show and or spy shows.
There are lots of people who end up spending more then a private on random tips, without realize they could have had full show.

Any model loves a user like you! The fact that you want to learn etiquette only proves the point, haha

On tipping patterns: some members like to make a splash so they tip big a couple of times per show. Others like to tip with the flow of the show and space out their tips more. There are users who only ever tip for content or a ticket show... things that they wouldn't get access to otherwise. All of it is fine but models generally prefer members who tip in public for goals and games and just because to members who only do transactions.

Every model is different so you should learn a few rules of thumb that will keep out of trouble in general, but then if you find yourself in a room you enjoy and you become a frequent visitor it is always good to learn a little about how that particular model likes/dislikes in room behaviour.

When it comes to PMs I personally don't do them, it takes away from the interaction in public chat which is what I like to focus on. If my room was smaller and I had a different style of camming maybe I would and in that case I would like spaced out tips like you do rather than one big tip because it would keep me interested in the conversation longer.

All - Thanks for the replies! Very helpful.

Amber - I actually never chat in the public forum. I will try to.

Lelo - I did do one private show. It was a lot of fun.

Mila - I only get into PMs in rooms with few users.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Cherry Bomb
You'll do fine. Tip how you feel fit. Also don't feel bad or don't come to the room when you can't tip. We're people, we like the company too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
Dude, you're tipping, you're golden. But, yeah, try to participate in the chat.

Any model loves a user like you! The fact that you want to learn etiquette only proves the point, haha

On tipping patterns: some members like to make a splash so they tip big a couple of times per show. Others like to tip with the flow of the show and space out their tips more. There are users who only ever tip for content or a ticket show... things that they wouldn't get access to otherwise. All of it is fine but models generally prefer members who tip in public for goals and games and just because to members who only do transactions.

Every model is different so you should learn a few rules of thumb that will keep out of trouble in general, but then if you find yourself in a room you enjoy and you become a frequent visitor it is always good to learn a little about how that particular model likes/dislikes in room behaviour.

When it comes to PMs I personally don't do them, it takes away from the interaction in public chat which is what I like to focus on. If my room was smaller and I had a different style of camming maybe I would and in that case I would like spaced out tips like you do rather than one big tip because it would keep me interested in the conversation longer.

Don't forget the tipper who likes to draw out a long dirty talk, by saying it all in 1 token tip notes. This way they are tipping and dirty talking so don't get told off or their heads bitten, but do essentially waste the models time mostly - especially if the model is one that's active and needs to keep stopping to read and react to said notes.

Any person who cares enough to ask, is doing great in my book. Lol.
But I really do appreciate conversation in my room, and regulars coming back to spend time with me whether they are tipping on that day or not. Just having a good energy and fun going on in the room can draw in other tippers and new people.

My favorite "style" of tipping is someone who comes in to hang out and have fun and tips for various menu items throughout or tips varied amounts to control the lush. I prefer it to be active participation! An interaction between me and them. Instead of just a random tip. If that makes sense?

Don't forget the tipper who likes to draw out a long dirty talk, by saying it all in 1 token tip notes. This way they are tipping and dirty talking so don't get told off or their heads bitten, but do essentially waste the models time mostly - especially if the model is one that's active and needs to keep stopping to read and react to said notes.

One of the nice things about MFC is that they need 5 tokens to add a tip note. That being said, I've done some long dirty talk via tip notes with a model when the room is kind of quiet. A couple of times, it's turned into a bit of a public room spectacle and helped get others tipping.

Any person who cares enough to ask, is doing great in my book. Lol.
But I really do appreciate conversation in my room, and regulars coming back to spend time with me whether they are tipping on that day or not. Just having a good energy and fun going on in the room can draw in other tippers and new people.

My favorite "style" of tipping is someone who comes in to hang out and have fun and tips for various menu items throughout or tips varied amounts to control the lush. I prefer it to be active participation! An interaction between me and them. Instead of just a random tip. If that makes sense?

Agreed, a positive room tends to be the easiest flowing, and people tend to tip more openly. I generally won't tip off a menu, though I do love spanks... ;) I'm one who prefers to tip while interacting with a model. Say something funny, or something funny happens, agree with something, need to comment something but not via PM, etc.

Just the fact that you care enough to post on here asking about it is a sign that you don't need to worry about how you tip! Like the others have said, any model will always welcome that style of tipping. If you do want her to do something on her tip menu then always feel free to tip for that but random 'just because' tips are always awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.