AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is ya'lls policy on viewing guys cams?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2018
I have been asked a few times if I can view someones cam, but Is this something you should charge for? Is there things you should limit when doing this?

I have been asked a few times if I can view someones cam, but Is this something you should charge for? Is there things you should limit when doing this?

This is genuinely a "per model basis". I mean, MOST models will only view the cam if they get tipped for it (from their menu). Some will only do Cam2Cam in a Pvt show. Some will NEVER do it regardless (could be for any reason). Then there are some who will look at you maybe once, especially if you're a returning visitor/tipper but never tip for specifics, nor do you turn on your cam when in a Pvt show, so the model is just curious. Similarly, there are some models who really do enjoy seeing guys (and other women or couples). Some because they are intrigued by the person saying they are wearing something (like one lady I saw, she had never seen a guy in stockings, and some guy was talking with her etc and it came up that he was wearing stockings so then she asked him).

But if a guy/person is just asking you to view his cam, it's probably best to say no and to charge because he is maybe just after a freebie and will get off as soon as, or soon after you view him.
I think most would say charge an amount but ultimately it all depends on you, the chat/person and whole situation and what you're most comfortable with.

Reactions: Lillypad
thank you, i feel so bad for asking so many questions, when i search sometimes i don't find the answer for what i'm quite looking for.

If they're asking you to do something, you should be getting paid to do it. The only time I've opened a member cam without tokens were occasions with regulars who bought something new, matched me in shots or showed me their pet and it was my idea stuff like that.

that's good to know, i was afraid if i overloaded my topic or whiteboard with token things it would turn people off to start with but this makes me feel more confident about it

that's good to know, i was afraid if i overloaded my topic or whiteboard with token things it would turn people off to start with but this makes me feel more confident about it

Everyone with tokens (or the vast majority at least) know why you're there and why they are there. To earn/spend money/tokens, so they expect to have to pay for things. Those who don't like it, accept or, disagree with it etc are either beggars or simply the type of tipper you probably don't want because they would expect the world from 1 token. You're there to make money, don't be scared to ask for stuff, even if it's just a small amount to begin with. Start off small, and work your way up to higher.

Speaking for myself, I actually prefer to see an extensive tip menu. For one, it lays out pretty clearly what you are willing to do/show in public chat. Also, it makes it easy for me to figure out what I need to tip to get what I want in return - I don't really like to ask "how much for a flash?" or whatever - just makes me feel a little scummy for whatever reason. And for you, it makes it easy to point to your whiteboard when people just do straight up ask for things - you can say "look at my whiteboard if you want that". Also a few low-token items just for fun (talk in pirate voice for 5 min, etc.) can lift the vibe of your room. I like to throw in for those when a chat room has gone quiet for a while just to try to pick it back up a bit.

I charge for it. I also charge extra for a JOI option. Guys love it and i like watching it. But as others have said, to each their own. If it's not something you'd enjoy, don't worry about it too much.

Charge for everything. Watching someone's cam is giving them special attention, which means you should be compensated accordingly. In my experience, giving away free attention tends to reinforce the idea that they are entitled to it. Which can turn into a give-a-mouse-a-cookie situation. It never really works out. And honestly... If you watched every dude's cam for free, you'd have no free time to focus on your own show or hustle. So only watching those who pay for the privilege has always worked out best for me.

One of the best rules of thumb that I follow is... If someone has a special request, it's usually best to charge for it. They want you to watch their cam? Charge for it. Do they want you to show your feet? Charge for it. Stand up? Dance? Play a special song? If it's not your idea, and not something you intended on doing in the first place, charge for it. If they want their request bad enough, they will pay for it. And if they aren't willing to pay, then they've proven that they only want freebies, and thus, aren't really worth wasting your time on. But this is based on my own experiences/opinion, of course.

Your time and attention are valuable - don't be afraid to charge for it!

Charge for everything. Watching someone's cam is giving them special attention, which means you should be compensated accordingly. In my experience, giving away free attention tends to reinforce the idea that they are entitled to it. Which can turn into a give-a-mouse-a-cookie situation. It never really works out. And honestly... If you watched every dude's cam for free, you'd have no free time to focus on your own show or hustle. So only watching those who pay for the privilege has always worked out best for me.

One of the best rules of thumb that I follow is... If someone has a special request, it's usually best to charge for it. They want you to watch their cam? Charge for it. Do they want you to show your feet? Charge for it. Stand up? Dance? Play a special song? If it's not your idea, and not something you intended on doing in the first place, charge for it. If they want their request bad enough, they will pay for it. And if they aren't willing to pay, then they've proven that they only want freebies, and thus, aren't really worth wasting your time on. But this is based on my own experiences/opinion, of course.

Your time and attention are valuable - don't be afraid to charge for it!

i need to start doing this! charging for standing up, just need to figure a good price for it now.I can't believe how helpful all of yall have been. thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: paige_orion
You are going to get a lot of people asking you to watch their cam. Most of them run out the room so fast when I tell them that they’d either need to tip for it, or go private. But yes, they absolutely should be paying for it since they are making a request, and asking you to give them extra attention.

Definitely charge for it. I used to open cams in public chat for a set amount of tokens for a certain amount of time, but found that most the guys wanted my full undivided attention while it was open and got pissy if I was still chatting in the public chat. Nope, you want all of my attention, that's what privates are for. So now I only open cams in privates at their request.

Status
Not open for further replies.