AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What makes a popular model magic?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back to the OPs original question.

I believe there is a list of desirable traits, plus some very hard to quantify factors that determine a models popularity, along with a healthy dose of luck.
Appearance: conventionally pretty, thin, young, nice boobs.
Sexuality: comfortable being naked in public chat, masturbate on cam with toys, adventurous (e.g. Nude in Public)
Personality: Outgoing, fun, bubbly, intelligent, funny, creative, hard working

I'm sure I'm missing many from this list. I also would hasten to add that many top models have only a few of these traits. But even if you have all of these doesn't mean you'll be a top 100 model, there is some other factors. However, I would say that if none of these describe you well, then I would not count on making the big bucks on MFC.

To this list, and after reading the posts from the non US models. I add this to desirable traits list.
Good: Fluent in English, Better: born in Commonwealth country: Best: American or Canadian.

I understand that camming is a mind game, and being reminded that you aren't Aspen Rae isn't helpful and for that I do apologize.

But I'd like to think that there lurker reading these threads, brand new models and potential camgirls trying to decide if camming is right for them. The lure of wow I can make $50K/month, I'd be delighted if I made 1/2 of that has to be pretty strong. So I think letting them know that if your English skills are poor, you've got some strikes against you on MFC is valuable information.

LuckySmiles said:
Ok so then no I don't accept it as fact because it's a slippery slope.

I'm arguing against analyzing current trends in MFC model popularity as advantages or disadvantages to any one individual model, which feels relevant. Maybe it's more comparable to saying short haired girls are at a disadvantage because you see more long haired girls making tokens. I mean... long hair is a trend that might today be more universally popular as being sexy on women and on the internet.

I think you're missing the point.

Sure there a ton of things that might make things a little tougher to do well as a model. I guess thankfully you can't filter by hair length on MFC yet so members still get a chance to stumble by those hot, personable and fun ladies with pixie cuts that might just change their mind on hair length... :roll:

HiGirlsRHot said:
Getting back to the OPs original question.

I believe there is a list of desirable traits, plus some very hard to quantify factors that determine a models popularity, along with a healthy dose of luck.
Appearance: conventionally pretty, thin, young, nice boobs.
Sexuality: comfortable being naked in public chat, masturbate on cam with toys, adventurous (e.g. Nude in Public)
Personality: Outgoing, fun, bubbly, intelligent, funny, creative, hard working

I'm sure I'm missing many from this list. I also would hasten to add that many top models have only a few of these traits. But even if you have all of these doesn't mean you'll be a top 100 model, there is some other factors. However, I would say that if none of these describe you well, then I would not count on making the big bucks on MFC.

To this list, and after reading the posts from the non US models. I add this to desirable traits list.
Good: Fluent in English, Better: born in Commonwealth country: Best: American or Canadian.

I understand that camming is a mind game, and being reminded that you aren't Aspen Rae isn't helpful and for that I do apologize.

But I'd like to think that there lurker reading these threads, brand new models and potential camgirls trying to decide if camming is right for them. The lure of wow I can make $50K/month, I'd be delighted if I made 1/2 of that has to be pretty strong. So I think letting them know that if your English skills are poor, you've got some strikes against you on MFC is valuable information.

Best comment on this thread!

JoleneBrody said:
Ambers Troll said:
[Another thing you will commonly find is the concept of having a 'sponsor', this changes how a model cams significantly.

I wonder if I could get Expo dry erase products to sponsor me? I could silk screen "Dry erase THIS!" on the butt of all my panties. :think:

Commercial sites take advantage of camgirls all the time (i.e. start up internet, like allowing naked images to be posted, then when they get big enough, stop them)..... I know I have adopted some products I saw/ heard on someones cam.

'Sponsor' in this sense is a little dated and kind of centred around middle eastern/ southern european models (Czech/ Slovak), simply is a member willing to offer regular financial support of some kind. (Tipping culture and the use of tokens made this dated, but the concept remains)

Reactions: cbook100
yossarian said:
Do you at least see where I'm coming from, though? It's not that I have anything against models who don't speak English, but I like to chat and the language barrier is just too insurmountable in most cases.
I definitely see where you're coming from. I wouldn't have fun in a model's room if I weren't able to chat with her, either. Especially as a straight girl, of course. ;)

Reactions: yossarian
JoleneBrody said:
OH! A tiny bit off subject but while in vegas I was talking with OUSweetheart about germans for some completely random reason I don't remember and Lily came up, and she was SHOCKED to learn you were German because you have no accent. She thought you were Canadian.

You speak incredible english Lily!
DOUBLE POST BECAUSE OH MY GOD.
That is so, so, so flattering O___O Wow.
I didn't think OUSweetheart even knows that I exist :lol: Let alone that she's been in my room before. Sometimes I even think to myself 'It's way cool that people like JoleneBrody know you exist'.

What makes a popular model magic .... Having the right philosophy when it comes to camming.
JoleneBrody said:
This shit makes me so mad.

Don't toy with peoples hearts! That's not just bad business, it's down right Evil. I'll say it makes you a bad person. There is NO excuse.

I'm really sorry that happened to you.

A good Jingle Skirt show and lovely eyes helps too :-D

Leon_Omega said:
You know, I was going to write up an incredibly mushy post about what makes my favorite camgirl my favorite camgirl...

I'm totally going to do this! I'm reviving this thread (that was sadly derailed) just to get all mushy and talk about how, for me personally, Kaylee Pond is model magic.

I was a regular on Streamate for a good year or so until I followed another model over to MFC. After only a couple weeks I stumbled upon Kaylee, and have been a regular there ever since October 2012! I know it was mentioned in the beginning of this thread that "connectivity" is important, and I agree wholeheartedly. Kaylee Pond is extremely wonderful at connecting. Her honesty and true caring about her regulars is mind blowing. She has a way of reaching through the cam window and engaging those in her room. Her smile and the sparkle in her eye are a sight to behold. Her creativity is amazing, it keeps me coming back to see what she's going to come up with next! Her shows vary from the laid back to the over the top theme nights which both have a special appeal to me. I could go on and on, but I will digress, except to say how incredibly beautiful she is. :)

I truly don't think that "model magic" can be bottled or defined, it varies from member to member and model to model.

(I apologize to all non-mushy people out there, but I'm a total sap)

I'm reviving this topic so I can post feels!

I've seen lots of models who are FUN, and sassy, and outgoing, and cool. I've seen lots of models who diligently plan out games/contests/cosplay/themes/etc. I've seen lots of sexually adventurous models with amazing bodies. And I don't mean to belittle ANYONE's hard work, or personality, or body type, but when I think about what makes someone feel "magical," none of that is what springs to mind.

What I think makes someone feel magical is that interpersonal connection a model forms with the community in her room. Where all the regulars feel welcome, lurkers don't feel pressured to talk, and if you're in a bit of a dry spell, and can't tip, it doesn't mean you get ignored.

A magical model can take a bad day where you didn't feel like being around people and give you a little look, and maybe a tiny smile, and make all your troubles melt away. A magical model makes you feel lucky that you get to get to spend time in her presence. They bring out the best in you, and make you like who you are when they're around.

And if that's not the type of model you are/are into, that's ok. I enjoy lots of different models and many of them have different personalities/styles. This is just my opinion, and it's not for everyone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I seem to have embarrassed myself thinking of how many ways I love all the models who are special to me, and need to hide.

zQeWb62.gif

hapa74 said:
Leon_Omega said:
You know, I was going to write up an incredibly mushy post about what makes my favorite camgirl my favorite camgirl...

I'm totally going to do this! I'm reviving this thread (that was sadly derailed) just to get all mushy and talk about how, for me personally, Kaylee Pond is model magic.
You know Hapa, you're totally right. Screw you, old me! You can't tell me what I'm not going to talk about!

I've considered this quite a bit since it kind of bafles me, but then it hit me that it's not the reason for it happening that made Steph magic for me, but the fact that it did.

In short, what makes a camgirl magic is that she's your dream girl. And yet that she's not. I'll explain:

Look, I make no secret of my adoration of her, but I recently came to realize that it gets a bit more elaborate than that. While I'm not going to list all of the factors here, if I were to have a list of things that I like about people, one with various subsecions about basic interaction, conversation, attractiveness, etc. I could tick every box except for "lives within driving distance". EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. She makes me smile, she has a very pleasant voice to listen to, she has a very similar sense and style of humor to mine, she's intelligent, headstrong, caring, entertaining and while I find every female body type sexy in its own special way, hers is like someone just took all of my preferences and dialed them up to 11.

That's not the magic, though - that's all just a very fortunate series of coincidences happening with one person.

No, the magic is that she manages to be all this somehow without actually inciting any kind of romantic feelings in me whatsoever. I have no earthly clue as to why it happened or what caused it (no, really, I've given this quite a bit of thought) but man am I ever glad that it did!

What I have liked most in a model is this...
You visit a model for the first time, enjoy her company in some way.... eventually log off.
Next time you are both on you soon get that hello Private Message from her, you look at her room and she is busy... such a compliment to your last time together. Models who can take some extra time just for you are magic.

Ambers Troll said:
You visit a model for the first time, enjoy her company in some way.... eventually log off.
Next time you are both on you soon get that hello Private Message from her, you look at her room and she is busy... such a compliment to your last time together. Models who can take some extra time just for you are magic.

That's a tough one. While you feel it helps make a model magic, other members might disagree and be irritated by it. It's so hard to know which member is cool with a PM and who is not.

The way I think about it... what happens if that guy's hanging with another model? I don't want him to feel pressured to come to my room because of that PM. I'm interested in seeing how he's doing, to thank him for a previous night but he could interpret it a different way.

Basically. I don't know. It varies.

AedanRayne said:
Ambers Troll said:

That's a tough one. While you feel it helps make a model magic, other members might disagree and be irritated by it. It's so hard to know which member is cool with a PM and who is not.

The way I think about it... what happens if that guy's hanging with another model? I don't want him to feel pressured to come to my room because of that PM. I'm interested in seeing how he's doing, to thank him for a previous night but he could interpret it a different way.

All I can really say is tha it depends on the model. I don't generally mind PMs from you ladies, I like the fact that you're interested in me to the point where you'd be seeking me out. While there is a bit of pressure to visit your room (even if only to return that appreciation), I don't experience it as bothersome unless it comes from a girl who only remembers me because we did a few privates AGES ago and don't seem to interact much beyond the times when she's obviously having a slow day (there are a few girls like this that PM me from time to time, none of them from ACF).

So for me personally, feel free to hit me up any way you feel like, if the mood strikes. I have a difficult time leaving rooms in which I'm enjoying myself, but I'll gladly chat back and forth.

Observant and thoughtful definitely gives me that warm, deep, delicious feeling.... sadly no site lets us tip that.

Reactions: KudosKids
Wow, I think this has been an amazing thread to read, because I have been wondering that exact thing myself....I've just begun to cam on MFC, and spent a good three weeks regularly watching other girls to get a feel for what the industry is all about. I personally found myself drawn to Kickaz, Austin White, and a couple of other models as well. I could not believe the amount of tokens I saw Kickaz making, despite the fact that she is essentially a non-nude model most of the time. This made me really think about the psychology of the business of webcamming (I am a business major who switched over from sociology last year lol), and this is what I have personally observed:

There is a business term called "perception of value", which is defined as: "The worth that a product or service has in the mind of the consumer. The consumer's perceived value of a good or service affects the price that he or she is willing to pay for it. For the most part, consumers are unaware of the true cost of production for the products they buy. Instead, they simply have an internal feeling for how much certain products are worth to them. Thus, in order to obtain a higher price for their products, producers may pursue marketing strategies to create a higher perceived value for their products."

Now, on the business end, the successful models seem to employ different strategies to drive up the perception of value and worth of their service, by a higher camscore or MissMFC, or by creating a sense of urgency by using raffles and contests.

On the psychological end, we all know anyone just looking to get their rocks off can head over to any tube site, and the job is done. To me, the successful cam models create a sense of community in their room, the thing that makes people essentially "fall in love" with her is that they know they can log on and spend time in the company of a beautiful woman and virtual friends, an escape from the otherwise stressful, crazy ass world.

Just my two cents :) love this site!! thanks for all the great info

AedanRayne said:
Ambers Troll said:

If you like a model, had a good time with her previously, there is always pressure to visit her, even if you are currently with another.
Members who find a PM irritating usually don't like the model that much, or the model really is pestering him/ her (it does happen).

I was not specifically referring to messaging, but to time taken out of a busy room to give attention to you. Often this is that mini-chat that you get when you do visit her room.

Off topic: Don't know how some models do that, have like 5 or 10 conversations going (arrogant to assume as a member it is just one), plus your room. Some kind of clone yourself spell.. you magicians you :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.