AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What should I expect at OnlyFans?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixxen81

Cam Model
Nov 3, 2022
Hey everyone, I am currently awaiting approval on OnlyFans after an exhaustive process. Do you produce content? Do you subscribe to content creators? What should I expect in terms of well...everything. I'm intimidated by all of these super professional accounts on there. Such gorgeous, much prodution, so wow.

I've been using OnlyFans for a long time and it was my entry to this whole world before I even started visiting cam sites. I'm not sure what would be helpful from a member perspective, but I can assure you that being super professional and high production has never been a draw for me personally. I can talk about the model I've been following who started from a handful of people and is one of the site's top performers and her arc there and maybe that would help? The way she runs things is my favorite of all the models I've subscribed to and its set my expectations.

She has what I consider to be a pretty low monthly subscription fee, about $5/month. That has never changed, and it gives you access to her feed and the ability to hassle contact her over direct messages. She posts a handful of photos twice a week - these are usually bathroom mirror selfies and candids, teaser photos from photo sets she's going to drop, or stills or short clips from a video she's going to release. The quality on these is variable, usually just smartphone photos, unless it's something from a professionally done photo set. These show up on our feed for being subscribed to her like social media posts. We can tip those posts, and send a tip note with it. It says these are highlighted in the model's inbox. Usually but not always I get a response from models when I do this, and it's appreciated.

About once or twice a month she would release a photo set of 10-15 photos or a short video and charge between $5-$15 that gets sent to us over a direct message, and we pay to unlock it. The videos she films herself. Photo sets are sometimes professional shoots but sometimes just a bunch she takes with a friend who has a really good camera.

When she first started she had a custom menu as well. You could pay for photos, videos, postcards, her underwear. I can't remember the exact charges but I remember I paid $100 for 10 photos and a five minute video early on. These would also get "recycled" into her regular, twice a week posts, so it wouldn't be strange to see photos from one of my custom requests pop up in the feed. As she got more popular, she increased prices to deal with increasing demand. She eventually decided to stop doing customs altogether as she was having a hard time keeping up with demand and found it stressful. I think the money she was making from subs and sets/videos were sufficient that the extra money for customs wasn't worth it anymore.

I hope this is helpful. I think the only think I'd add is a story from one model I know that put her off OnlyFans altogether is that someone requested a custom video and paid for it through OnlyFans tipping. After she completed it and sent it to him, he did a chargeback and stole the money. I'm not sure if this is still possible with OnlyFans, hopefully not.

Good luck!

I've been using OnlyFans for a long time and it was my entry to this whole world before I even started visiting cam sites. I'm not sure what would be helpful from a member perspective, but I can assure you that being super professional and high production has never been a draw for me personally. I can talk about the model I've been following who started from a handful of people and is one of the site's top performers and her arc there and maybe that would help? The way she runs things is my favorite of all the models I've subscribed to and its set my expectations.

She has what I consider to be a pretty low monthly subscription fee, about $5/month. That has never changed, and it gives you access to her feed and the ability to hassle contact her over direct messages. She posts a handful of photos twice a week - these are usually bathroom mirror selfies and candids, teaser photos from photo sets she's going to drop, or stills or short clips from a video she's going to release. The quality on these is variable, usually just smartphone photos, unless it's something from a professionally done photo set. These show up on our feed for being subscribed to her like social media posts. We can tip those posts, and send a tip note with it. It says these are highlighted in the model's inbox. Usually but not always I get a response from models when I do this, and it's appreciated.

About once or twice a month she would release a photo set of 10-15 photos or a short video and charge between $5-$15 that gets sent to us over a direct message, and we pay to unlock it. The videos she films herself. Photo sets are sometimes professional shoots but sometimes just a bunch she takes with a friend who has a really good camera.

When she first started she had a custom menu as well. You could pay for photos, videos, postcards, her underwear. I can't remember the exact charges but I remember I paid $100 for 10 photos and a five minute video early on. These would also get "recycled" into her regular, twice a week posts, so it wouldn't be strange to see photos from one of my custom requests pop up in the feed. As she got more popular, she increased prices to deal with increasing demand. She eventually decided to stop doing customs altogether as she was having a hard time keeping up with demand and found it stressful. I think the money she was making from subs and sets/videos were sufficient that the extra money for customs wasn't worth it anymore.

I hope this is helpful. I think the only think I'd add is a story from one model I know that put her off OnlyFans altogether is that someone requested a custom video and paid for it through OnlyFans tipping. After she completed it and sent it to him, he did a chargeback and stole the money. I'm not sure if this is still possible with OnlyFans, hopefully not.

Good luck!
This is exactly what I wanted to read when I came back to this thread. That is my style on Peach but I am sick of the limited pool of subscribers and the lack of options for deleting media and customization options.

I don't have a lot of high end anything. I've always been a girl of simple tastes. Low key jewelry, barely there makeup styles, casual/sporty outfits with the occasional racy lingerie set. Not really big on doing my hair in creative styles or wearing wigs. I want to be beautiful the way I think I feel the most beautiful, not someone's fantasy version of me.

Your post helps. I have 85 total subscriptions in a year and a half on Peach, so if I meet or exceed that I shall feel pretty successful in my own right.

Thanks for chiming in!

I send her complimentary or polite tip notes every so often, and she has thanked me multiple times for being the most normal person to message her lol. I can only imagine what she's getting from everyone else.
Most of the guys who find me worth their time/tokens are pretty normal people. If they aren't, they hide it very well. 😉

Sooooo I was kind of an ass to OF. They want 10 full face selfies posted on Twitter or Instagram to get approved and then you can delete them or make the account private again. I posted 10 separate tweets of me holding up my fingers with the numbers 1 through 10. Same facial expression every time. In the same outfit I wore to submit my photo/ID selfie.

I keep getting the run around on approval. This is more difficult than being vetted by the FBI if you don't have an insane social media presence.

I keep getting the run around on approval. This is more difficult than being vetted by the FBI if you don't have an insane social media presence.
That's so weird! I didn't even have a twitter account when I created an OF and had no problem getting approval. I have no social media presence whatsoever. I wonder if they changed up things since then (but it's been like 6months).

Reactions: JessRyan
That's so weird! I didn't even have a twitter account when I created an OF and had no problem getting approval. I have no social media presence whatsoever. I wonder if they changed up things since then (but it's been like 6months).
I have done every single thing they asked me to do. I sent a response back this time asking what the problem is because they accepted my Twitter while rejecting my header image. It was just something I threw up there because they made me do it to start the approval process. So I fixed the image and icon pic and resubmitted and they rejected me over the social media thing.

I have never in my life had to work so hard to make money for someone else.

Sorry to laugh react to that. The way you worded it is just funny, and kinda true lol Honestly I’ve talked to others in the past, who’ve had the same difficulties. It was easier before all that new stuff that got implemented Nov 2021.

I wonder if there’s like an anal power tripping employee who is dealing with your case, and if someone else there would be easier to deal with? I’ve had that issue with some adult sites. Turnover can be high in regular support departments. And you will get some person who is way overzealous, and makes things insane on everyone. One employee will tell you one thing and be one way, and all the others will be different. If you have been working with the same support person, I would advise closing the ticket. Waiting until their shift is over, or they have their days off, reopening the ticket and getting someone else. I have talked at least three other models the last two years, we’ve had this exact same problem. So there is something going on. I have not seen your social media but the models in question has been models for a long time, and had a perfectly adequate social media. Yet they continue to have strange problems opening their only fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diana_Devil
Sorry to laugh react to that. The way you worded it is just funny, and kinda true lol Honestly I’ve talked to others in the past, who’ve had the same difficulties. It was easier before all that new stuff that got implemented Nov 2021.

I wonder if there’s like an anal power tripping employee who is dealing with your case, and if someone else there would be easier to deal with? Had that issue with some sites. One employee will tell you one thing and be one way, and all the others will be different. If you have been working with the same support person, I would advise closing the ticket. Waiting until their shift is over it or they have their days off, reopening the ticket and getting someone else. I have talked at least three other models the last two years we’ve had this exact same problem. So there is something going on.
It's totally okay. I was more light hearted about it before today's last post.

I feel like it's a stupid requirement because I'm never going to advertise Twitter via OF and I passed the AI verification and have given them subsequent photos of my ID and a selfie with my ID. What's next? A DNA sample?

I wonder if there’s like an anal power tripping employee who is dealing with your case, and if someone else there would be easier to deal with? I’ve had that issue with some adult sites. Turnover can be high in regular support departments. And you will get some person who is way overzealous, and makes things insane on everyone. One employee will tell you one thing and be one way, and all the others will be different. If you have been working with the same support person, I would advise closing the ticket. Waiting until their shift is over, or they have their days off, reopening the ticket and getting someone else. I have talked at least three other models the last two years, we’ve had this exact same problem. So there is something going on. I have not seen your social media but the models in question has been models for a long time, and had a perfectly adequate social media. Yet they continue to have strange problems opening their only fans.
Interesting. I responded to their last rejection email and have only knowingly spoken to whomever Dwayne is at OF.

If it gets rejected again, I'll do as you suggest. The response email title is horrible, "your account was rejected."

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Just got this reply:

"
Dwayne (OnlyFans)
Jan 21, 2023, 20:53 GMT
Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Your application is being reviewed (24-72 hours). However, it might be rejected.

Additional verification by social media is required at this time. We need to be sure that the social account you add to the profile is owned by you to prevent the illegal use of your personal data and content. The linked profiles do not prove your identity and cannot be accepted.

Please link your personal Twitter/Instagram/Facebook page. Make sure it is not private and features new photos with your face visible. No worries, this information is used solely for verification purposes and will not be shown on your OnlyFans profile."

------------------------

So what I take from this is they want some part of my actual name in the account username somehow, I replied and asked if that was the case.

^Oh, hell no! This is reminding me of the time Arousr assigned my real name as my model log-in username (Not visible to the public...just visible to me for login purposes, but still...wtf). And I had to beg them to please change it, because that just didn't sit well with me.

^Oh, hell no! This is reminding me of the time Arousr assigned my real name as my model log-in username (Not visible to the public...just visible to me for login purposes, but still...wtf). And I had to beg them to please change it, because that just didn't sit well with me.
Yeah this is serious overreach on their part and I'm not at all amused by this. At the same time, my hand is being forced here. I mean theoretically they aren't asking you to out yourself to anyone publicly by submitting the link to them but it's the internet and literally everything can go wrong.

I don't like the sound of it at all.....
I wonder if it has everything to do with all of these celebrities signing up for OF. I mean it's not hard to impersonate a celebrity account especially with how unstable Elon is with this whole checkmark crap.

Just got this reply:

"
Dwayne (OnlyFans)
Jan 21, 2023, 20:53 GMT
Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Your application is being reviewed (24-72 hours). However, it might be rejected.

Additional verification by social media is required at this time. We need to be sure that the social account you add to the profile is owned by you to prevent the illegal use of your personal data and content. The linked profiles do not prove your identity and cannot be accepted.

Please link your personal Twitter/Instagram/Facebook page. Make sure it is not private and features new photos with your face visible. No worries, this information is used solely for verification purposes and will not be shown on your OnlyFans profile."

------------------------

So what I take from this is they want some part of my actual name in the account username somehow, I replied and asked if that was the case.
Maybe it's just me, but I dont get how linking a personal social media account will help them verify the social media account added to the profile since they are going to be different accounts :confused:
Also since when is social media a part of verification? surely the ID and faceshot with the id are enough to prove someone is who they say they are... and the fact you can log into the social media account to get it connected should be enough to prove ownership of that for them (even if you can log in to an account that you dont own... not their problem, they need to verify you are you, not that you own accounts on other platforms). Just because there are images of you on a social media account dosnt in anyway prove you own it 😂 The whole email makes no sense in what they are asking for and the reasons they want it.

I would suggest what @MarieElise said, close out the ticket, and open a new one.

I think if you don't have enough evidence that you are who you are, with face pics on your cam/adult content related social media they won't approve you. So they've moved on to asking for personal social media accounts as a backup plan maybe?

Even here at ACF, if you're a model who never shows face and has a lack of social media related to your adult account, I won't approve an account. I hope it can get worked out with them, though.

I completely moved to Onlyfans from steaming camming and I love it, money potential is truly impressive but definitely a lot of work, it gets easier with time and experience though.
I'm excited and nervous and scared. Like it is super easy to post on Peach and forget I did it then check back to see if any tips were left. Something tells me OF will not be that passive.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Omg how OF has changed. I first got an onlyfans when they first started. They didn't require ANY kind of verification back then. Just your bank info. Not even a pic of your driver's license.
So pretty much anyone could say they were anyone. Lol I eventually left due to people stealing my content & making their own OF with it calling themselves "Mrs cheeks" & charging $99 a month for MY stuff!
I left the platform & only returned after they required picture ID to verify
Now they ask for even more to verify. Wow how things have changed.

Omg how OF has changed. I first got an onlyfans when they first started. They didn't require ANY kind of verification back then. Just your bank info. Not even a pic of your driver's license.
So pretty much anyone could say they were anyone. Lol I eventually left due to people stealing my content & making their own OF with it calling themselves "Mrs cheeks" & charging $99 a month for MY stuff!
I left the platform & only returned after they required picture ID to verify
Now they ask for even more to verify. Wow how things have changed.
It was a very frustrating sign up experience for sure.

OnlyFans is kind of a garbage platform, it's very easy to get scammed and they get more and more restrictive about content. I had panty stuffing vids removed over a year after they were posted because apparently they were trying to save me from myself.

They also have an extensive and prudish banned words list. You can post anything with the words "milf" or "pegging" for example, so I have to just call it "fucking dudes in the ass with strap on dildos"

There have also been models who had content flagged for unverified performers when using dildos because whatever AI they started using to check is somehow recognizing it as a real penis. Support has largely been useless and negligent for this, and for the times I've needed to contact them.

There have also been a few reports of models having their bank accounts closed after getting deposits from them.

I made my account before they started doing that social media verification nonsense otherwise I would have never bothered.

• Helpful!
OnlyFans is kind of a garbage platform, it's very easy to get scammed and they get more and more restrictive about content. I had panty stuffing vids removed over a year after they were posted because apparently they were trying to save me from myself.

They also have an extensive and prudish banned words list. You can post anything with the words "milf" or "pegging" for example, so I have to just call it "fucking dudes in the ass with strap on dildos"

There have also been models who had content flagged for unverified performers when using dildos because whatever AI they started using to check is somehow recognizing it as a real penis. Support has largely been useless and negligent for this, and for the times I've needed to contact them.

There have also been a few reports of models having their bank accounts closed after getting deposits from them.

I made my account before they started doing that social media verification nonsense otherwise I would have never bothered.
Wait is the milf ban new?? I use it all the time

What kind of scams? I am pretty familiar with all of the CB scams guys have come up with over the years, but chargebacks aren't really in play like they are on OF.

What kind of scams? I am pretty familiar with all of the CB scams guys have come up with over the years, but chargebacks aren't really in play like they are on OF.
Most common OF scams is usually:
1. asking for “customs” holding paper with specific word, posing holding hand up specific way etc - this is because they wanting to steal your content and sell it elsewhere and need this photos/videos for verification.
2. Someone subscribing and right away buying ALL your PPVs, paying triple to have video call RIGHT NOW, paying extra to have custom video RIGHT NOW etc - they very likely to do chargeback. Here it’s a bit tricky because sometimes it’s just really excited horny dude. Unfortunately it’s very hard to tell the difference sometimes.

And then there’s other scams like sugar daddy looking for sugar baby, agencies asking to take over page etc etc but you’d need to be complete dummy first time on the internet to get caught on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.