AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What to do when its quiet on cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2021
What do you all do when it's quiet in first hour or so on cam. Sometimes I start and I get interaction and tips. Other times I'll have nothing for an hour or so. I don't like to move around and show too much unless I'm being tipped. So I usually in one position then turn and move occasionally to show my bum etc. I used to move lots and do a bit more but then thought why should I give them a show for free if they are giving any tokens. What do you all do?

Open more sites . the days when a model was making great giving full attention to a site only are over for most of the models .. Now one site today is slow the other one is saving the day or more sites 100 here 100 there 50 there .. With whats going on in free sites now , guys dont understand why some girls expecting tips to get naked while everyone else is already naked .. so just need to try to get tipperes wherever is posible , important is to end the day with incomes ,,,

Open more sites . the days when a model was making great giving full attention to a site only are over for most of the models .. Now one site today is slow the other one is saving the day or more sites 100 here 100 there 50 there .. With whats going on in free sites now , guys dont understand why some girls expecting tips to get naked while everyone else is already naked .. so just need to try to get tipperes wherever is posible , important is to end the day with incomes ,,,
I only have one laptop so unable to stream on another site and can't really afford another laptop unfortunately

What do you all do when it's quiet in first hour or so on cam. Sometimes I start and I get interaction and tips. Other times I'll have nothing for an hour or so. I don't like to move around and show too much unless I'm being tipped. So I usually in one position then turn and move occasionally to show my bum etc. I used to move lots and do a bit more but then thought why should I give them a show for free if they are giving any tokens. What do you all do?
I am the same way, if no one's tipping then there's nothing happening, but I know that also kind of backfires at a point, im currently trying to change this behavior because the sitting not doing anything drives me insane. If you think of it from a member perspective, scrolling through the cam previews, (maybe not everyone, but it's true for me at least) I would be more likly to open a room where there's something going on (dosnt have to be an explicit show, but something where the model seems like they are having a good time and it would be a fun place to spend some time), it's just my current view point on it and something I am working on trying to do now, so cant say for sure if the theory provides results.

The talking about your day and stuff can work well if you can get the member engaged enough to start asking questions, I am not great at talking (run out of things to say pretty quickly) which is why I am currently trying to move more in the direction I mentioned above.

For opening more sites at once, you could try the shine browser, I have been using it for a while and it works pretty well like 99% of the time. If you search the forum for shine browser you should be able to find it, I cant remember the URL off the top of my head. But with that you output a single obs stream and they re-stream it to your sites so it takes a lot of the work off your system for doing multi site broadcasts.

If you have other income streams, like clips and fanclub sites then tokens while the main goal arnt the be all and end all of a stream, some of my slowest days on cb have been my highest days on onlyfans and mv ( i noticed a lot of greys sign up for my onlyfans and members when they hit the spending limit). CB can be a great traffic source, so I think that's kind of something to remember when you get the feeling of why should I move if no one is tipping.

I only have one laptop so unable to stream on another site and can't really afford another laptop unfortunately
im using one laptop also and for splitcamming i use shine browser and works fine. I can keep 2. 3 sites without any problem ..

im using one laptop also and for splitcamming i use shine browser and works fine. I can keep 2. 3 sites without any problem ..
What do you do if someone takes you to pvt on one cam channel? Do you just come off broadcasting on other cam site whilst your in private so that they don't see?

What do you do if someone takes you to pvt on one cam channel? Do you just come off broadcasting on other cam site whilst your in private so that they don't see?

ShineModel is a browser that does many useful things, one being if you are taken to a private show on one site, the browser will automatically disable or put in spy mode (where it can: Stripchat for example).

Here is the thread about it

When it's slow I dance and tease. It seems to draw people in. I know are a user that draws me in to a room. However, most the people I am drawing in are female models who don't interact or tip, and guys that want me to whip out my junk. I try not to get naked until there are tippers, but some days taking off the clothes seems to be the only thing that gets any tippers in the room.

I've been talking to some female cam model friends and they are telling me that they have been slow their entire shifts the past few month. They get these waves where people come in when the clothes come off or they show off the lush.

I was reading that the number of cam models exploded because of the pandemic, but so did the number of viewers because of unmonitored work from home. Maybe now that people are getting back to the office there are less viewers and tippers around? 🤷‍♂️

no, i do more money ... if im pvt on stripchat i put chaturbate on spy so people spying there too ... both sites got spy mode .. no need to close and spy is 30tk per min , usually few guys spying each show ..

no, i do more money ... if im pvt on stripchat i put chaturbate on spy so people spying there too ... both sites got spy mode .. no need to close and spy is 30tk per min , usually few guys spying each show ..
i agree, always add more eggs to your basket, but it's important to follow through with your camming schedule. we all know how it can get really slow which makes us want to log off and give up. some days just suck.

What to do when it's quiet on cam? Don't log off. Keep going for the amount of time you planned to cam. You never know when it will turn around. Sometimes it can take one person to make your goals.
THIS. I've had this happen so many times. It will be slow for hours and hours and then suddenly someone pops in and I start smashing my goals. I always stay on for as long as I told myself I'd go, even if I end up making shit I still try to be proud of myself for doing it anyway and mentally reward myself for the work/effort, not stress over the results that are beyond my control. This also helps stave off burnout if I have a series of shitty days.

As far as stuff to do when it's slow, the worst thing you can do is be on your phone.

It kills your viewer count more than anything I've ever seen and I've started keeping mine out of frame at all times even when I'm using it for show related things because I noticed even bringing it into view to set a timer would cause people to leave. Nobody wants to watch someone bored on their phone.

Yup. I agree. I ramble. I tell stories about the goofy stuff I've done and concerts and I just talk. I ask people how they are and try to engage them. I also play trivia games and charades. I created a bingo game for my streams which is very fun. I also am very athletic and fit, so if it's dead in the room and I am home, I will stretch like a maniac. They love it. It's always nice to be doing more than one thing and accomplishing more than one thing when you are online. So if I'm working out, online chatting with people and making money it's a win-win. I have a few different games I play with my room which I don't mind sharing with others at all. I heavily enjoy supporting and helping other models. This is a tough job ladies. I have so much respect for everybody on the grind out there outside of studios.

This 100%! I have had bouts of 2 hours where I only make a few dollars, and then someone comes in and drops several hundred out of nowhere. Think of the "free" hours as time spent advertising and promoting yourself. When it comes to livestreaming, being available as much as possible is key to bringing in business.
What to do when it's quiet on cam? Don't log off. Keep going for the amount of time you planned to cam. You never know when it will turn around. Sometimes it can take one person to make your goals.

One of my favorite models bought one of those "1000 jokes to tell your friends" books and spent like 30 minutes just reading them out loud before I came to her room for the first time. She was really fun to hang out with so I kept coming back. I think it's important to keep yourself entertained when you're bored rather than trying to spark conversation with a bunch of lurkers in your room. Maybe do a crossword or something in another window and ask the chat for help when you get stuck to encourage engagement. Or you can try doing some impersonations of celebrities for shits and giggles. Or just do amateur karaoke. Just try not to look bored and things will turn around eventually.

Reactions: aliceisonfire
One of my favorite models bought one of those "1000 jokes to tell your friends" books and spent like 30 minutes just reading them out loud before I came to her room for the first time. She was really fun to hang out with so I kept coming back. I think it's important to keep yourself entertained when you're bored rather than trying to spark conversation with a bunch of lurkers in your room. Maybe do a crossword or something in another window and ask the chat for help when you get stuck to encourage engagement. Or you can try doing some impersonations of celebrities for shits and giggles. Or just do amateur karaoke. Just try not to look bored and things will turn around eventually.
Learning useful, easily transferrable skills is good too. I'm teaching myself to belly dance and I practice the moves I'm learning during my show. It's quite a workout also, I usually end up with at least an hour straight of dancing and it's really done wonders for my sexual endurance and core strength.

I also do stretches and eat snacks seductively lol

Learning useful, easily transferrable skills is good too. I'm teaching myself to belly dance and I practice the moves I'm learning during my show. It's quite a workout also, I usually end up with at least an hour straight of dancing and it's really done wonders for my sexual endurance and core strength.

seductive.gif

Yes to the snacks! I have ADHD and I need to be constantly stimulated and snacks are the best way for me to do this sometimes. People have come to expect constant mukbang on my show now lol. So much so that I even have a tip item for people to buy me my fave dessert/pizza on Fridays.

Listening to music I love, and singing or lip-synching to it...and dancing to it (Well, upper body dancing while I sit on my bed). There's no way I'd be doing 3-4 hours of free chat without having music playing. The music is playing on YouTube on my cell phone.

Lifting weights right before I log off.

This really is great if the model currently has a computer that can handle using the OBS encoder and splitcamming (I, apparently, do not). Every time I've tried giving the OBS encoder (which I hate with a passion) another chance, there's been a problem...and trying to use it with two sites the other night was disastrous. So I'm sticking to one site at a time (and using the regular WebRTC), because for me that's better than dealing with "Encoding overload" issues or audio issues, and people complaining.

I sing, I wiggle around in an attempt to be seductive. I talk about random stuff. I make random noises with my mouth. Does it work? Not always.

Often if I forget about my music, and it strays into my more offbeat stuff (When my EDM turns into the cowboy shit) I actually get some comments on it and that gets engagement. I've been having some success in playing Days N Daze and other crustpunk stuff, stuff I normally keep to myself.

I am still trying to find out how I can doodle on cam without looking bored. I've tried it on a white board which works... okay. But I like to draw, and I draw pinups, so if I can figure out how to draw pinups while things are slow, I feel like that would be ideal.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
I make random noises with my mouth. Does it work? Not always.
rofl I do this too XD
Often if I forget about my music, and it strays into my more offbeat stuff (When my EDM turns into the cowboy shit) I actually get some comments on it and that gets engagement. I've been having some success in playing Days N Daze and other crustpunk stuff, stuff I normally keep to myself.
Nice! I play a lot of lo-fi youtube stations and game soundtracks here lately.
I am still trying to find out how I can doodle on cam without looking bored. I've tried it on a white board which works... okay. But I like to draw, and I draw pinups, so if I can figure out how to draw pinups while things are slow, I feel like that would be ideal.
If you draw digitally you could screenshare on OBS and draw that way, otherwise you might need a second camera and make a setup similar to art streamers on twitch.

Could also have a custom drawing request on your tip menu as well.

Reactions: aliceisonfire
rofl I do this too XD

If you draw digitally you could screenshare on OBS and draw that way, otherwise you might need a second camera and make a setup similar to art streamers on twitch.

Oooo I love the digital art idea, that's brilliant.

rofl I do this too XD

I would be carful with the digital drawing one, I have been issued a warning twice for it, once designing KingMarti boxers on stream and again doing game dev in Unreal (well 1 temp ban and 1 warning) despite being told by punker it was fine because it's original work there's no copyright issue, the reason they gave on the warning was "broadcasting tv" I have also had temp bans for having my monitor in view of the cam too, so I wouldnt recommend doing it that way either.

The warning I had was doing game dev, that was a couple of weeks ago, the boxer designing was like last year sometime. Asked punker why I got the warning after they had told me there was no issue and never got a responce. So yeah, I would be carful with it. I have done video editing a couple of times on stream, havnt had an issue with that yet and I didnt have an issue doing 3d modeling either, So I have no idea where the boundaries are with it. But now I wont use any application on cam because I cant risk the account getting perma banned. It's a shame because the 3d modeling streams were fun and got the chat more engaged than anything else I have ever done.

On the plus side though, it looks like they switched form banning to issuing a warning for it.

I would be carful with the digital drawing one, I have been issued a warning twice for it, once designing KingMarti boxers on stream and again doing game dev in Unreal (well 1 temp ban and 1 warning) despite being told by punker it was fine because it's original work there's no copyright issue, the reason they gave on the warning was "broadcasting tv" I have also had temp bans for having my monitor in view of the cam too, so I wouldnt recommend doing it that way either.

The warning I had was doing game dev, that was a couple of weeks ago, the boxer designing was like last year sometime. Asked punker why I got the warning after they had told me there was no issue and never got a responce. So yeah, I would be carful with it. I have done video editing a couple of times on stream, havnt had an issue with that yet and I didnt have an issue doing 3d modeling either, So I have no idea where the boundaries are with it. But now I wont use any application on cam because I cant risk the account getting perma banned. It's a shame because the 3d modeling streams were fun and got the chat more engaged than anything else I have ever done.

On the plus side though, it looks like they switched form banning to issuing a warning for it.

Ah, well, I kinda understand. People are there to jerk off, not just... hang out I guess? Though it'd be probably more fun if I could be more involved with my hobby while I do it. Oh well. I could always just do Twitch streams in my off time. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!!

Ah, well, I kinda understand. People are there to jerk off, not just... hang out I guess? Though it'd be probably more fun if I could be more involved with my hobby while I do it. Oh well. I could always just do Twitch streams in my off time. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!!
There was a site called Plexstorm that allowed games and art as well as camming (they were trying to be like NSFW twitch basically) and it was such a cool idea. They did some shady business stuff and now the site is basically dead now but man all I want is to do slutty stuff while I play games or work on my stupid photoshops.

There was a site called Plexstorm that allowed games and art as well as camming (they were trying to be like NSFW twitch basically) and it was such a cool idea. They did some shady business stuff and now the site is basically dead now but man all I want is to do slutty stuff while I play games or work on my stupid photoshops.
Dear sweet baby jesus that would be perfect. With the whole nerdy gamer girl thing, I'm surprised there isn't a more cohesive joining of the two (in terms of a platform, obviously TONS of babes indulge their sexy, nerdy side. God bless them to sexy, sexy Hell.)

I see now CB posted an update to Twitter saying that we can now play games on stream! They're a selective list, requires some OBS fuckery (nbd) - Still not *exactly* want I want to do, but at least it's something to stay entertained!

Now to figure out which sex simulator I want to play...

Status
Not open for further replies.