AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What to do when no one talks to you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I wanted to start camming tomorrow and this thread is seriously scaring me. If you guys are having problems what am I gonna do, I'm gonna be too nervous to be able to talk alone :dead:

honestly camscore is just a number,
I'm am finding this out slowly but surely, I was so afraid I'd have to be SOOOO amazing to get where I wanted but the more I just relax and enjoy myself the better I do. The other day I was outside spraying a hose on myself in my bathing suit and got lurkers but barely any tips. Last night I was just sitting in a nightie, talking and painting my toenails with no makeup on and no goal at all and ended up making much more (granted it was late friday) but I am noticing people are coming back to me. There really isn't much point getting obsessed with numbers, especially the number of people in your room. Sure I may have had quite a few viewers but if they're not tipping they may as well not be there right? However, I talk and entertain and still speak directly to my silent viewers and hope that if they like me, they may come back and talk 'next time' and then maybe they will come back and tip as well. However if it's totally silent and totally slow, I just log off after an hour or so

• Hugs
Reactions: BonnieWildfire
Man, I wanted to start camming tomorrow and this thread is seriously scaring me. If you guys are having problems what am I gonna do, I'm gonna be too nervous to be able to talk alone :dead:

Oi! You haven't even been online yet - you might be an overnight sensation..who knows ;) honestly though, I was shitting myself before I broadcasted for the first time. I'm sure I had a wee drink and 'one more cigarette' before I had the courage but you're starting a new job which you don't have experience in...so of course your first shift is gonna be nerve wracking, but it's no diff than what you've prob already experienced in life :h:
You got dis!

• Hugs
Reactions: Judy_
I wanted to start camming tomorrow and this thread is seriously scaring me
My best advice is remember that (on mfc) you have 10 hours of "new model" status and use it wisely because it will bring you more traffic, I thought it was 7 days of new model status. Just be you and do whatever makes you comfortable, turn off guests and basics in chat (if you want as they tend to troll and harass you) and control your PMS. I didn't know how to do any of it so I had a rough start with members telling me to do those things etc the whiteboard is also quite helpful. I think camming during peak hours is good as well. Good luck :)

Last night I was just sitting in a nightie, talking and painting my toenails with no makeup on and no goal at all and ended up making much more

Your post made me so happy to read :blush: You're on the right track hun, remember - you are the only you and honestly that's what a lot of the guys want to see, not the full shabang every shift etc, like I don't normally wear makeup everyday so I don't online as well because when I started out, I done full face each shift and everyone was just like you look amazing but you don't need it etc and I thought they were pulling my leg and I realised why am I changing myself to what I think a 'camgirl' should be?...be yourself and be consistent and your head sounds like it's in a great place for it babe :h:. Ps - it makes me and my room feel soo good when I do put an extra effort in for what I'm wearing etc or my show that night because they appreciate it, it's like seeing your other half looking extra good and all buzzing!

I def agree about knowing when it's good to stick around and try put in some ground work for your room and regulars etc and when it's just counter productive and you're basically sitting on your tod haha.

Oi! You haven't even been online yet - you might be an overnight sensation..who knows ;) honestly though, I was shitting myself before I broadcasted for the first time. I'm sure I had a wee drink and 'one more cigarette' before I had the courage but you're starting a new job which you don't have experience in...so of course your first shift is gonna be nerve wracking, but it's no diff than what you've prob already experienced in life :h:
You got dis!
Thanks!! I'm terrified!! :'D

:h::h:
I'm so happy you made this thread. I gained a little more confidence reading this
I've been camming for a bit. I'm now doing it full time (bf is gone to jail for a few years so why not entertain myself and the rest of the world)
I talk to myself A LOT. Or my animals.. or when I do flash my boobies I ask the room what they think of them/size/are they real. And sometimes I get a response sometimes I don't. You just have to learn to entertain yourself and have fun with yourself.
Bonniewildfire(your amazing btw) is right, cam score is JUST a number. I let it bother me at first and I really got into my own head and thought I couldn't do this cam thing then I read Kickaz blog about camscore (before I found this amaze-balls forum) and you really just have to NOT think about and just be you!
It's only a number and I'm sure in time if you work at it you'll end up in the top 100 or whatever the fuck it is.
I decided to start doing 2 shows a day because I do have the time to hoping to gain regulars everywhere. I live in Canada so I try to afternoon cam since it's night in the uk then I do a night show for the us/can. I've noticed a difference in traffic but don't get me wrong I have awful shifts or no one in my room. but like last night I legit jumped on after having an ugly cry on the phone with my bf and I made $100 in a hour. But just keep at it! Don't give up. There's a cam girl out there for everyone. They just haven't found you yet.
I hope my rambling helped..
Don't forget to just love yourself and everyone else will too!
Good luck girl!! :h:

• Hugs
Reactions: BonnieWildfire
Status
Not open for further replies.