AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what's a good rate for a private show?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
your pvt show is 18/min is that what you mean? confused

Yes, 18 per minute for private shows plus extra upfront tokens for extras like C2C and Recording. Some private shows I've make 1000+ tokens in under 30 minutes. A few months ago when I was less confident and didn't do privates people would be reluctant to even tip a few tokens for a flash.

Reactions: MarieElise
To me it's all about confidence. People used to complain that my tip menu was too expensive despite just about everything being 100tkns or less and wouldn't even play Roll the Dice for 20tks. Now I attract users who are happy to pay $18/min plus extras just to take me private.
^^^ THIS!!! ^^^ So happy for you! :)

Reactions: mike_aussie
hmmm 1000 tokens in less then 30 mins? that's good its like 50$. i know some model's who can make 50$ easy. however that's not me. (sadly) however i don't like the idea of allowing Recording i said why before kinda. maybe i should try lowing my rate don't know. i feel like i am worth 60/min however. i do wanna get more pvts however so maybe i should think about lowing it. :(

hmmm 1000 tokens in less then 30 mins? that's good its like 50$. i know some model's who can make 50$ easy. however that's not me. (sadly) however i don't like the idea of allowing Recording i said why before kinda. maybe i should try lowing my rate don't know. i feel like i am worth 60/min however. i do wanna get more pvts however so maybe i should think about lowing it. :(
you dont need to allow recording and keep the price u want. Also on cb is a problem with lowing the price, becouse u dont have option lets say 45tk a min, u just need to go half from 60 to 30 , so u will have more pvt but money will be same, just doing double work .

right.... i think they should have 45 per min going from 30 to 60 seems like to much. @punker barbie maybe in cb update you can let them know this. even with fan-clubs why is there no $12.99 option i know your busy @punker barbie i hope i don't sound like a pain. strip-chat has a 44/min opinon cb should do the same.

Hi MetallicaGothic,

I think it sounds great :)

The awesome thing about Chaturbate is we can decide how much to charge for private shows .
Some sites don't allow that, and clubs definitely don't.

The site has a lot of freedom and flexibility for models to
make our own decisions and be our own boss.

Part of why I signed up for Chaturbate is that freedom.
To choose how I hustle, my style of running my room, and how often I work.
It's so nice to be able to just log on and work whenever we want without a schedule! :)

So if you like your rates and they make you happy, then that's all that matters.

Don't listen to the cheap guys lol.
Half of them literally can't even spell their rude comments properly!

You can ask for any price YOU want!! :)
Time, attention, and company is extremely valuable! It's a luxury, and it's ok to price it as such.
For every complaining free loader, there is a generous guy who will pay it and then some.

If there's anything I have learned about camming, it's that we all get price complaints.
Often, it's just cheap customers who don't have tokens anyway. I used to be so annoyed by those guys, but now I just look at them
in a sales-based light.

Selling private shows on a cam site is similar to upselling VIP at a club. At a club, the DJ is often going "VIP IS OPEN" every 5 minutes or so.
A chatroom is somewhat like a virtual club. Let them know the option for private is available. Using the #private #pvt hashtags helped me. And a notification "private shows on, more info in bio."

The direct "ask for a VIP" approach can be surprisingly the same. Ask confidently and you will receive.
I get some of my private shows literally just by asking for them.

And, similarly, if you put in bio that a tip on top of private is always appreciated, they will often tip on top of the show.
Never be afraid to ask for what you want.
Even if you aren't sure if the person will say yes, you never know unless you ask.

In sales it is often suggested to " always be closing." Asking is closing the sale.

Lack of urgency can be a hidden objective. This objective is overcome by asking them for the private.
In my shows I have seen guys not spend, only because there was not a 'push' for them to spend instead of sit there.
Asking for private shows is a gentle way to create urgency. Even if they say no, they are likely to realize they should tip at least.

I used to worry so much about offending customers by asking for what I wanted. I didn't want to seem greedy. Once I stopped caring
(it's not greedy to offer a service they want at a great price!) then it got a lot easier for me.

If anything, maybe they respect it that I say "yeah, I'm not just randomly horny all the time, I'm here to pay my bills" because at least it's the truth!

Look for ways things can flow more toward private if you want more of them.
Even problems or annoying things can lead to a private - or be a chance to mention it.

There's a chance to really have a good sales type debate sometimes with the cheap people.

For example:

Guy: WOW...90 tokens ??? that's a lot. the last model I went private with charged a token per hour.

(he has no tokens anyway and is about to be rude enough to get silenced no matter what,
so he's a great 'sales pitch the room' opportunity.)

Me: Actually, my prices are really low considering the value I provide in my shows. You get my full
attention watching your cam as we pleasure ourselves together. AND you can watch me use this
[shows item that I just use for private shows and dice prizes..]

A guy starts dirty talking without it being in the tipnote

Oooh yes ;) want to tell me more in private? I'm so turned on reading that sexy!!

A guy asks a sexual question
"I can tell you the answer to that in private ;) Want to hear?"

A guy asks where the tipmenu is
/tipmenu ... but there's no tipmenu in my private shows! :) It's all included.

Somebody starts directing like "move to the left. turn around. can you adjust the lighting?"
"I would love to give you a custom show, sexy, but here I have to focus on everybody's requests!
How about we go private so I can really create the perfect vibe just for you."

Somebody points out that they're the only person tipping or the room is empty.
[in a PM] hey I totally understand, want to just go private instead? At least then you'll be the only person getting a show ;)

A supporter PM'd first without tipping and nobody else was interacting at all:

I'm good, thinking about how I'm ready to go private. ;) How are you?
[they keep trying to get free dirty talk or rambling on] : For PM's that aren't private related, I do ask for a tip. I'd love to chat more!
Sometimes this works, sometimes they get rude and I silence. but it can move things along if nobody else is talking or tipping AT ALL.

Things are going well in a PM conversation and starting to flow flirtatiously.
"Thank you! Would you like to do a private show? ;)"

A guy who usually tips a few tokens at a time is back and says he got there just in time.
"Yes, just in time to do private today! Ready? ;)"

Somebody wants me to watch them on cam.
"I would love to give you my full attention, but it's challenging to focus in the room so I save that for private. "

A guy keeps complimenting without tipping
"If you think my show is great now, my private shows are even more fun!"

A customer comes in and asks for a somewhat odd (within site rules of course lol) request.
"Nice I would love to do that . You can read my bio for info about private, and go ahead and click "start private show here." *points to private show button*

'It's too expensive'

I also use a 'tier' method with a lower priced option that also is beneficial to me (with spying it could actually work out to more.) This has worked:

"It's ok :) Part of the reason it's priced that way is because it's
an exclusive show with just us. (no spying.)
Also, you'll get a recording of it to watch anytime you want through the site.

BUT If you want, we can do a spy show where I turn spying on and recording off for 60 tokens per minute.
More info about that in my bio.
People might spy but they might not ;).
Actually I think it's hot when they spy though..."

It's important to keep it fun and the mood upbeat.

I have heard that models sometimes use a "desperation" hustle or guilt people into tipping.
It likely doesn't work in the long run as it brings customers down mood-wise.

They want to feel relief, not pressure. I have noticed this: be their relief and the good energy in their day and they will keep coming back.
People remember when you make them feel good.

Sales skills apply a lot to camming. Things like showing interest in the customer, remembering details about them. Solving their problems
(customer problems: where can I find somebody who does this thing on camera I'm into? where can I find somebody to talk to when I'm lonely? etc.)

Reading the customers' bio and following back goes a long way. I've had people surprised that I took the time to find out what they're into. Camming
is a dialogue. The viewer is not just a number on the page with tokens, they are a person with unique turn-ons and interests.

Sorry for the long paragraph lol. Happy holidays, good vibes, & you got this!

Best & with :h:
Ava
I love it,I have to steal them and use. Happy new year

• Hugs
Reactions: xxlsuperlouis
right.... i think they should have 45 per min going from 30 to 60 seems like to much. @punker barbie maybe in cb update you can let them know this. even with fan-clubs why is there no $12.99 option i know your busy @punker barbie i hope i don't sound like a pain. strip-chat has a 44/min opinon cb should do the same.
I think because of the way pvts work, where tokens are deducted from the user ever 10 seconds they have to be in multiples of 6. They should really just remove pvts at 6tks/min, and use 12tk increments instead. so instead of 6/12/18/30/60, you would have 12/24/36/48/60. After 60 they could use 24tk increments, so 74/96/120/144 vs just the current 90/120/150.

I think because of the way pvts work, where tokens are deducted from the user ever 10 seconds they have to be in multiples of 6. They should really just remove pvts at 6tks/min, and use 12tk increments instead. so instead of 6/12/18/30/60, you would have 12/24/36/48/60. After 60 they could use 24tk increments, so 74/96/120/144 vs just the current 90/120/150.
yes i agree.

Why I don't think that removing 6/18/30 would be a good idea:
  • 6tks/min seem to be a good possibility for gifts (for example "birthday-privates" for regular visitors) or raffles (I have seen some christmas raffles on cb in the last days with prices like "win a 30 min pvt for only 6tks/min"), or also as a base rate for "only chatting"-privates. Whereas I think 12 tks/min would be a pretty high rate for a gift or for a price that you could win.
  • 18/30tks/min seem to be very popular rates on cb. I think that the elimination of these would lead to many discussions of models with regular pvt guests (e.g. "I am visiting you for such a long time regularly in pvt, don't you think that it would be appropriate to reduce to 1440tks/hour instead of increase to 2160tks/hour?"). I think that many regulars normally wouldn't discuss stable rates, but they would in case of a noteworthy increase. And I think that it could be a "lose/lose-situation" for both sides: the regular guest feels not appreciated with a price increase of at least 20%. And the model wouldn't be happy with a price reduction, but possibly also not if she annoys or even loses regular pvt-visitors because of an increase she "must" make because the old rate doesn't exist anymore.

To me it's all about confidence. People used to complain that my tip menu was too expensive despite just about everything being 100tkns or less and wouldn't even play Roll the Dice for 20tks.

This. I don't wanna hear anyone's mouth now about anything being "too expensive," because in the past and very recently I've decided to be nice and offer this and that for ridiculously cheap (on MyFreeCams, OnlyFans, etc.), and people STILL didn't jump at those opportunities, which was very disappointing. All the time I've spent jotting down ideas in my notebook for things to offer...to have people (with hundreds or thousands of tokens visible) camp out in my free chat and NOT tip me.

I was even offering flashes as cheap as 20 tokens at one point. No more of that b.s. I'm charging what I'm happy with. Want something cheap? Take your ass to Dollar Tree. LOL. Adult services are a LUXURY.

There are a few things to consider for the 6 a minute.
Most will be studio's doing it, or simply they feel they are not worth it (especially older women). Some models who do 6/min will be broadcasting on multiple (4, 5 or 6) sites, getting token tips while in the show (that's a whole other argument :p) so they don't care about the 6/min pricing. Another thing, I guess is that it's desperation.

Sadly, I have known models who started out as 6/min but then changed and lost all regulars. 1 in particular, she had many regulars who would take her for HOURS (and I mean 4+ hrs) but then she decided it's way too much (time/effort) for so little and after a long time (about 1 or 2 years) she bumped her pricing up - not hugely, just from 6 to 12. All of those guys who could/would take her for 2, 3, 4hrs would come in, see the price, ask her to change back to 6 (usually using the excuses "but bb we've known each other for a long time and had many shows blah blah"). She would refuse to them all, and they all left. I mean if you can/will take a model who's 6/min for 4hrs, why can't you now take her for 2hrs instead? A 2hr show is still going to be amazing, and it's still super fucking cheap. I mean almost all of these guys stopped taking her. She stayed at it for a good few months but was making no money because of it. She changed it back, partly as an experiment, and low and behold all her fucktard clients (I am allowed to say it because I am a client/viewer lol) came flocking back. Had she changed it from 6 all the way to 60, then ok I can appreciate and understand that, even though that is still a fantastic price (especially for someone you have had shows with and clearly enjoy them. Oh and she offered recordings. She tried to change/remove that too and the same thing happened.

Definitely for anyone new, don't set your price too low otherwise guys will get so used to it and then treat you like crap and think you're worthless (as proven above).

I charge 30pm on chaturbate, and set a minimum time of 10 minutes, which works pretty well for me. There are always people who try to negotiate and get me to lower my prices, but I think that's just a given.

Reactions: mike_aussie
There are a few things to consider for the 6 a minute.
Most will be studio's doing it, or simply they feel they are not worth it (especially older women). Some models who do 6/min will be broadcasting on multiple (4, 5 or 6) sites, getting token tips while in the show (that's a whole other argument :p) so they don't care about the 6/min pricing. Another thing, I guess is that it's desperation.

Sadly, I have known models who started out as 6/min but then changed and lost all regulars. 1 in particular, she had many regulars who would take her for HOURS (and I mean 4+ hrs) but then she decided it's way too much (time/effort) for so little and after a long time (about 1 or 2 years) she bumped her pricing up - not hugely, just from 6 to 12. All of those guys who could/would take her for 2, 3, 4hrs would come in, see the price, ask her to change back to 6 (usually using the excuses "but bb we've known each other for a long time and had many shows blah blah"). She would refuse to them all, and they all left. I mean if you can/will take a model who's 6/min for 4hrs, why can't you now take her for 2hrs instead? A 2hr show is still going to be amazing, and it's still super fucking cheap. I mean almost all of these guys stopped taking her. She stayed at it for a good few months but was making no money because of it. She changed it back, partly as an experiment, and low and behold all her fucktard clients (I am allowed to say it because I am a client/viewer lol) came flocking back. Had she changed it from 6 all the way to 60, then ok I can appreciate and understand that, even though that is still a fantastic price (especially for someone you have had shows with and clearly enjoy them. Oh and she offered recordings. She tried to change/remove that too and the same thing happened.

Definitely for anyone new, don't set your price too low otherwise guys will get so used to it and then treat you like crap and think you're worthless (as proven above).

I think that you shouldn't underestimate the psychological component: I think that the general conditions of a pvt (rate per minute, extra costs, recording option etc.) have a very individual and psychologial component for regular pvt-visitors of a model, in contrast to the prices of things from the tipmenu or to the prices of goals that seem more abstract. And I think that an important component for regular pvt-visitors is the feelgood factor with a model. And you don't feel good if a model tells you (in the meaning of "you in particular") implicitly that the time with you in the past wasn't worth the received tokens.

You mentioned an example with 6tks/min-privates ("if you can/will take a model who's 6/min for 4hrs, why can't you now take her for 2hrs instead?"), I will give you another example: There are a few models with whom I occasionally spend an evening in pvt (that is, at least 1.5 hours, and only a small part of it is "sexually explicit"). And, for the sake of completeness: they aren't models that only ask for 6 or 12 tokens per minute. And in the course of the evening I always tip at least 50% extra, on average almost 100% extra. So it would be financially absolutely easy for me to compensate a higher basic tariff with less additional tips. But, as I mentioned above: It's not (only) the financial component, but also the psychological component. With a price increase of the minute rate, the model would implicitly tell me that she wasn't satisfied with the previous price-performance ratio of our privates. That's legitimate, but it shouldn't be surprising that the visitor doesn't feel good after such an announcement and won't come back.

So I can definitively support what you wrote: "don't set your price too low otherwise guys will get so used to it". And you will lose your regular pvt-visitors with a high probability after a price increase, regardless of whether the previous price seems to be disproportionately low (like 6 tks/min) or not.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I went non nude and it was scary thinking I would lose my customers and wont be able to earn. To my surprise im going to my 2nd year now I find it to be more fun just being on cam chatting away and making good friends with my regulars, and the earnings, well I 'm glad its way better than when i started.

My thoughts on 6, 12, 18... + per min? Its all up to the model, I do recommend for starting out 6 just to gain followers and regulars. I also seen 6 per min but have to tip a certain amount first to accept private request. but if you want to start at 60 and still gain your followers and ...it makes you want to open your cam, then thats great :)

good luck! :)

I was browsing through my settings yesterday and I noticed they have added some new private rates to choose from. 42tk, 72tk, 180tk, and 240tk all seem to have been newly added to the drop down list. Seemed relevant so I thought I'd post it here!

I was browsing through my settings yesterday and I noticed they have added some new private rates to choose from. 42tk, 72tk, 180tk, and 240tk all seem to have been newly added to the drop down list. Seemed relevant so I thought I'd post it here!
saw now too now thats great! thanks you!

It's a start. They should get rid of 6 and add 24 and 36 next.

Hi MetallicaGothic,

I think it sounds great :)

The awesome thing about Chaturbate is we can decide how much to charge for private shows .
Some sites don't allow that, and clubs definitely don't.

The site has a lot of freedom and flexibility for models to
make our own decisions and be our own boss.

Part of why I signed up for Chaturbate is that freedom.
To choose how I hustle, my style of running my room, and how often I work.
It's so nice to be able to just log on and work whenever we want without a schedule! :)

So if you like your rates and they make you happy, then that's all that matters.

Don't listen to the cheap guys lol.
Half of them literally can't even spell their rude comments properly!

You can ask for any price YOU want!! :)
Time, attention, and company is extremely valuable! It's a luxury, and it's ok to price it as such.
For every complaining free loader, there is a generous guy who will pay it and then some.

If there's anything I have learned about camming, it's that we all get price complaints.
Often, it's just cheap customers who don't have tokens anyway. I used to be so annoyed by those guys, but now I just look at them
in a sales-based light.

Selling private shows on a cam site is similar to upselling VIP at a club. At a club, the DJ is often going "VIP IS OPEN" every 5 minutes or so.
A chatroom is somewhat like a virtual club. Let them know the option for private is available. Using the #private #pvt hashtags helped me. And a notification "private shows on, more info in bio."

The direct "ask for a VIP" approach can be surprisingly the same. Ask confidently and you will receive.
I get some of my private shows literally just by asking for them.

And, similarly, if you put in bio that a tip on top of private is always appreciated, they will often tip on top of the show.
Never be afraid to ask for what you want.
Even if you aren't sure if the person will say yes, you never know unless you ask.

In sales it is often suggested to " always be closing." Asking is closing the sale.

Lack of urgency can be a hidden objective. This objective is overcome by asking them for the private.
In my shows I have seen guys not spend, only because there was not a 'push' for them to spend instead of sit there.
Asking for private shows is a gentle way to create urgency. Even if they say no, they are likely to realize they should tip at least.

I used to worry so much about offending customers by asking for what I wanted. I didn't want to seem greedy. Once I stopped caring
(it's not greedy to offer a service they want at a great price!) then it got a lot easier for me.

If anything, maybe they respect it that I say "yeah, I'm not just randomly horny all the time, I'm here to pay my bills" because at least it's the truth!

Look for ways things can flow more toward private if you want more of them.
Even problems or annoying things can lead to a private - or be a chance to mention it.

There's a chance to really have a good sales type debate sometimes with the cheap people.

For example:

Guy: WOW...90 tokens ??? that's a lot. the last model I went private with charged a token per hour.

(he has no tokens anyway and is about to be rude enough to get silenced no matter what,
so he's a great 'sales pitch the room' opportunity.)

Me: Actually, my prices are really low considering the value I provide in my shows. You get my full
attention watching your cam as we pleasure ourselves together. AND you can watch me use this
[shows item that I just use for private shows and dice prizes..]

A guy starts dirty talking without it being in the tipnote

Oooh yes ;) want to tell me more in private? I'm so turned on reading that sexy!!

A guy asks a sexual question
"I can tell you the answer to that in private ;) Want to hear?"

A guy asks where the tipmenu is
/tipmenu ... but there's no tipmenu in my private shows! :) It's all included.

Somebody starts directing like "move to the left. turn around. can you adjust the lighting?"
"I would love to give you a custom show, sexy, but here I have to focus on everybody's requests!
How about we go private so I can really create the perfect vibe just for you."

Somebody points out that they're the only person tipping or the room is empty.
[in a PM] hey I totally understand, want to just go private instead? At least then you'll be the only person getting a show ;)

A supporter PM'd first without tipping and nobody else was interacting at all:

I'm good, thinking about how I'm ready to go private. ;) How are you?
[they keep trying to get free dirty talk or rambling on] : For PM's that aren't private related, I do ask for a tip. I'd love to chat more!
Sometimes this works, sometimes they get rude and I silence. but it can move things along if nobody else is talking or tipping AT ALL.

Things are going well in a PM conversation and starting to flow flirtatiously.
"Thank you! Would you like to do a private show? ;)"

A guy who usually tips a few tokens at a time is back and says he got there just in time.
"Yes, just in time to do private today! Ready? ;)"

Somebody wants me to watch them on cam.
"I would love to give you my full attention, but it's challenging to focus in the room so I save that for private. "

A guy keeps complimenting without tipping
"If you think my show is great now, my private shows are even more fun!"

A customer comes in and asks for a somewhat odd (within site rules of course lol) request.
"Nice I would love to do that . You can read my bio for info about private, and go ahead and click "start private show here." *points to private show button*

'It's too expensive'

I also use a 'tier' method with a lower priced option that also is beneficial to me (with spying it could actually work out to more.) This has worked:

"It's ok :) Part of the reason it's priced that way is because it's
an exclusive show with just us. (no spying.)
Also, you'll get a recording of it to watch anytime you want through the site.

BUT If you want, we can do a spy show where I turn spying on and recording off for 60 tokens per minute.
More info about that in my bio.
People might spy but they might not ;).
Actually I think it's hot when they spy though..."

It's important to keep it fun and the mood upbeat.

I have heard that models sometimes use a "desperation" hustle or guilt people into tipping.
It likely doesn't work in the long run as it brings customers down mood-wise.

They want to feel relief, not pressure. I have noticed this: be their relief and the good energy in their day and they will keep coming back.
People remember when you make them feel good.

Sales skills apply a lot to camming. Things like showing interest in the customer, remembering details about them. Solving their problems
(customer problems: where can I find somebody who does this thing on camera I'm into? where can I find somebody to talk to when I'm lonely? etc.)

Reading the customers' bio and following back goes a long way. I've had people surprised that I took the time to find out what they're into. Camming
is a dialogue. The viewer is not just a number on the page with tokens, they are a person with unique turn-ons and interests.

Sorry for the long paragraph lol. Happy holidays, good vibes, & you got this!

Best & with :h:
Ava
Wow! Thank you for this! I've been looking for some quality guidance. This is very informative!

anyone else here.... with mental disorders. whenever i cam i'm always scared someone will notice. with is why i did not cam for about 10 days i needed a break. i may be on today. not sure.

sometimes i wanna quit... its difficult

I can't imagine anyone would notice mild autism. I've worked with many people who're on the autism spectrum prior to cammming, and would genuinely be surprised that they had autism even after speaking to them at length. I bet there's tonnes of autistic cam models out there. I was watching a documentary about a cam model who had Aspergers and she was doing really well. I cant find the link for it unfortunately, it was on vimeo somewhere.

Plus if you have autism then that's just who you are, and it's nothing you should feel ashamed or self conscious about. Camming is all about embracing who you are, and there's gonna be loads of people who like you and your personality just the way it is.

I think starting out we all feel very self conscious, but I'm sure as soon as you get more of a following your confidence will improve.

anyone else here.... with mental disorders. whenever i cam i'm always scared someone will notice. with is why i did not cam for about 10 days i needed a break. i may be on today. not sure.

I have social anxiety but I got used with camming and I now that I have to earn money too because I don't have other income

Whoops! Sorry for my ill-timed comment before reading this. I was lost in the before-times.
I also deal with mental issues that very much so get in the way of my work. I feel the same way a lot of times. I've been trying this thing where I'm keeping myself to a schedule a bit more. And writing things down in a notebook more. I still need to give myself breaks or I overwhelm myself.

you not alone, im also not confortable getting full naked in free chat, never did in 11 y of chaturbating so is fine. But yes i do flash boobs, even go topless . Now price i guess depends on the boobs, i usually atract viewers with my big boobs i charge 120tk for boobs flash and 444 tk for 5min topless but i have 2 girls working with me they got smaller boobs they charge 90 tk per flash and 222 for 5min topless . I dont alow recordings.. About making more if beeing full naked free this is relative, there are guys and guys on the site , they like different things .
how much are tokens in money?

Status
Not open for further replies.