AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

when customers ask to meet in person

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would remind them nicely that mfc or whatever site your on isn't a dating site and your on there to make friends and meeting members is something you aren't interested in. I always reminded people about my personal safety and that for me it wasn't worth me risking that. If a member is that insistent on meeting you I would be freaked out and worried because there really isn't a reason to meet in person - I'm virtual only. You can say this all very nicely and remind them that your virtual only and have no plans on meeting members ATM or any time in the future

I think (with very few exceptions... like date raffles...conventions... etc) most members know the model is virtual only and if they ask to meet in person is just insulting fishing. So am not sure why would keeping the guy "feeling special" be a priority?

I think most members will respect the honesty instead of beating around the bush. Letting them know you enjoy the interaction online and would like to keep it that way. For your safety, it is best not to meet with members outside of the website. If they take it personal, you can always reassure them that it's a policy of yours for all members and that your safety is number one priority. And as Bianca mentioned if the member is being pushy then that's when things are getting out of line.

i dunno, i guess i just try to make them feel like i really do care about them and i'm not just there to take their money. So far i've just been beating around the bush about it...i would actuallly never do it. I know better.

Reactions: mercurymelonss
i dunno, i guess i just try to make them feel like i really do care about them and i'm not just there to take their money. So far i've just been beating around the bush about it...i would actuallly never do it. I know better.

You can really care about them and not want to meet them so if they can't understand that then i would be concerned the member has some issues. Like all the girls here said members know a model is virtual only so if there being pushy then it's time to either ban him or let him know he's making you feel uncomfortable. There is nothing wrong with telling members the truth. If you have zero intentions on meeting then tell them, there's no reason to beat around the bush and then they feel like you want to meet and get more attached and MORE weird.

If feelings get hurt then there is something wrong with this guy because a normal person would understand personal safety and the reasons a model wouldn't want to meet.

Just tell them straight up, you won't be meeting them. Leading them on or trying to make them feel like you like them more than you do is not only cruel, but potentially even dangerous to you.

Lol. If a member's feelings get hurt simply because you declined his offer to meet in person, that's his problem...not yours. If you ever find yourself having to explain to a person over and over WHY you choose not to meet, do yourself a favor and just BAN that person...because they'll just keep pestering you with "What can I do to change your mind?"

And I don't think this is just about hurt feelings here (I think some are just feeling a little salty that a cam girl told them "no" and they can't get what they want). It's pretty ballsy to even be asking a cam girl to meet in person, but they definitely should not expect her to say yes. I'm pretty sure many of these members are well aware that camming is intended to be VIRTUAL only. Also, when cam sites advertise things like "Hot girls here 24/7 to cater to your every desire," I wonder how many of these people are silly enough to think it means she'll agree to ANYTHING that you want. Lol.

I always just respond "Ugh, do you realize how much paper work that is?! No thanks, and this isn't a dating site."

"That's not my thing. Wanna see my tits for tokens?"
Clear answer. Redirecting energy. Offering consolation boobies for money.

Really, I just wanted to post and say you should add links so that the people here can find you!

Many people may disagree with me but I think vagueness and bush beating are no good in cam land.
Having clear boundaries and being honest about them is the only way to guarantee everyone is on the same page and in my experience, helps build a very healthy cam room environment.

I only get randoms who I have never seen before ask me to meet. Luckily it's no one I really like. I think most of me posse and guys that hang around a lot know I'm not going to meet them. I get comments from them like "If only you lived in xyz" or "Too bad you can't be my girlfriend." I usually tell them something along the lines of "awww shucks" lol.

Reactions: AriaAnderson
"That's not my thing. Wanna see my tits for tokens?"
Clear answer. Redirecting energy. Offering consolation boobies for money.

Really, I just wanted to post and say you should add links so that the people here can find you!

Yes! I do the same thing. Or I say, "I won't be meeting you, but I'm a super crazy girlfriend, so you're the real winner"

Status
Not open for further replies.