AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When is it time to throw in the towel?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2017
So I'm a male model and I've had tons of difficulty making the grade across 3 different sites (CB, SM and Cam4) and I'm wondering, ladies and gentlemen feel free to chime in, when do you decide that camming probably isn't for you?

I started on New Years Eve 2016 and to this day (Feb 11, 2017) I've made a total of 600 tokens and 10 bucks across all 3 sites so like less than 100 bucks total in 2 and a half months, camming 5 days a week, 4 hours a day.

I mean, is it just a sign that maybe this isn't for me? Am I giving up too early or am I right to just think I should go in a different direction.

Not looking for encouragement, I want to hear honest opinions.

Thanks guys!

If you consider it just a hobby to make a few bucks, keep at it if you want. If you consider it a way to be your main income, then you should have thrown in the towel by now. Camming is notoriously more difficult for male models unless you really amp up the sexual aspect, and even then you'll likely make less than a female equivalent.
Crunch the numbers: 5 days a week, 4 hours a day, for 10 weeks. 200 hours. For $10 and $30 worth of tokens cashed out? Yeah I'd likely call it. But if you don't have anything better to do, might as well make a few bucks being social.

Yeah I wanted to give it at least a good couple months just to see if something might turn around. I agree its time to pack it up.

Well, before you throw in the towel... you're putting in the time and that's great! but what about your setup?

Is your lighting good?
Your camera?
Your upload speed fast enough to keep your feed smooth?

As @AerynShade is saying, set up and presentation is very important, I think we would have to see you on cam to be able to give proper feedback

If I remember correctly you weren't using a mic because of room mates, that would hold back your ability to show your personality and be engaging, not sure if you changed that since though

Camming and adult work isn't the only way to make money online, maybe you might want to have a go at something creative like making youtube videos? or maybe making websites to earn adsense/affiliate money?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.