AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When was the last time you went somewhere that didn't accept credit or debit cards?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess whenever the last time was that I ran outside barefoot to stop the ice cream/shaved ice truck (2016?). Lol.

I do know that the 7-11 near me will not let you purchase money orders with a credit/debit card. You have to use cash only (I did that in January of this year). You can use credit/debit card there to purchase other items, though.

Fuck, even Renaissance Faire vendors have a Square to stick on their phone and run your card. Sure, it ruins the fantasy, but so does handling cash, soooooo...... Yeah.

Oh, I remember a place now!

The bus. Freaking buses and their "use cash or buy a bus pass" nonsense. Why can't I just swipe my card?

Also, cabs that "take credit cards" but the machine's always broken.

Something else just came to mind. At these apartments when you need to use the laundry room, you have to go to this machine (right outside the leasing office) to load money onto your laundry card...using bills (can't use debit/credit cards or coins).

Not only do you have to deal with the hassle of the machine sometimes spitting out your bills repeatedly until you've smoothed them out...but when it's maaad cold outside, the machine won't take your dollar bills because of how cold they are. *sigh* I had to go inside the leasing office, and stand in there for a few minutes to allow my dollar bills to "warm up." Lol When I did that, it worked.

Regular laundromats let you use quarters. I wish this machine did.

Nice try officer but you know damn well I ain't answering your questions. Keep it moving donuts.

The legal weed store. Few weeks ago.

Sometimes I wonder if Guy is secretly working undercover for a covert market research company :p

And the other day, I found out to my horror, that the chicken shop didn't accept cards and I didn't have any cash on me and the nearest cash machine was too far away to be considered convenient so I just said "fuck it" (not out loud) and went to McDonalds instead.

Most stalls at the farmers market, but you can buy “market money” with your debit card, which is basically like a gift certificate.

Something else just came to mind. At these apartments when you need to use the laundry room, you have to go to this machine (right outside the leasing office) to load money onto your laundry card...using bills (can't use debit/credit cards or coins).

Not only do you have to deal with the hassle of the machine sometimes spitting out your bills repeatedly until you've smoothed them out...but when it's maaad cold outside, the machine won't take your dollar bills because of how cold they are. *sigh* I had to go inside the leasing office, and stand in there for a few minutes to allow my dollar bills to "warm up." Lol When I did that, it worked.

Regular laundromats let you use quarters. I wish this machine did.

I feel super spoiled now. My complex has a website we can use to load money to our cards.

It doesn't go directly onto the card, you get a pin and then go to the first floor of the building, put your card in this machine, type in the pin to actually load the money, and then head up to your floor and do your laundry. I'm on the top floor and we don't have an elevator, so I try to make all my downstairs trips fit into one trip - take out the trash and recycling, load my laundry card, get the mail, pop back upstairs, laundry time hell yeah.

I'm on the top floor and we don't have an elevator, so I try to make all my downstairs trips fit into one trip - take out the trash and recycling, load my laundry card, get the mail, pop back upstairs, laundry time hell yeah.

I'm on the top floor too, and I wish we had an elevator.

Running up the famous "Rocky Steps" in Philadelphia = FUN.
Carrying a Schwinn bike (I don't have it anymore) up and down the steps/groceries/laundry runs = TIRING and sucks so hard. Lol.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Sounds very cool, is it a big city though?

Not sure about @Miss_Lollipop answer. But, I was recently in NJ and the breakfast/lunch diner I went to was cash only. While it wasn't in the center of a big city, it was in a close suburb of it. Glad my friend told me that, as I rarely carry cash anymore so we had to stop and get some.

I've run across a few places here and there that do cash only.

Status
Not open for further replies.