AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where to advertise with geoblocking?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2018
I was originally going to put my sales up on reddit/sexsells or similar subreddits, but considering that I use geoblocking on my manyvids and chaturbate (and it wouldn't be fair if a client turned out to be from one of those blocked regions- i.e. home state and where family members live), I was thinking of posting my rates on my manyvids or chaturbate about me (or cam room)?

I was thinking having it on a mfc website, but I don't think I'll be using camming services there because they require you to show face.

So, I am confused. Are you camming or you aren't? I saw you mentioned that you could not cam a few times in other posts. Kik and Snap are sold on a monthly or lifetime subscriptions on chaturbate. Any other services you are trying to advertise is provided on other websites like reddit and I have never seen anyone promote such a thing on chaturbate. It is too time consuming because girls are already spending their time camming. If you promote these sessions in your room, people will be confused and it takes you off from camming. So I believe camming sites like chaturbate are not appropriate for promoting the services you are implying to sell. For example, no one would ever promote skype services on chaturbate.

So, I am confused. Are you camming or you aren't? I saw you mentioned that you could not cam a few times in other posts. Kik and Snap are sold on a monthly or lifetime subscriptions on chaturbate. Any other services you are trying to advertise is provided on other websites like reddit and I have never seen anyone promote such a thing on chaturbate. It is too time consuming because girls are already spending their time camming. If you promote these sessions in your room, people will be confused and it takes you off from camming. So I believe camming sites like chaturbate are not appropriate for promoting the services you are implying to sell. For example, no one would ever promote skype services on chaturbate.
I saw people using reddit to advertise their services like this. I see a lot of sex workers do this on r/sexsells, so it seemed like an easy way to advertise, but I wanted to only advertise on geoblocked sites (for my own peace of mind and whatnot). My first thought was mfc because of its popularity and relatively personalized websites. But realizing that I won't be using their cam rooms because they require you to show face, I would have to think of justifications to use it . In the posts about camming, I couldn't cam because my computer wasn't working properly or I was on my period (I decided to pursue this new career in the middle of my period woes). My main concern was about camming and remaining anonymous/private, though. After reading up on chaturbate, that seemed more comfortable to use. I was thinking of having something like "Fancentro for info and disclaimer!!! X tokens = yearly snap access, X tokens = monthly snap access. Manyvids: ___" in the chatroom itself. Chaturbate seems like another popular camgirl site that I wanted to utilize and widen a bit of traffic as opposed to just using Manyvids to get people. Sorry that part was confusing :facepalm:

I saw people using reddit to advertise their services like this. I see a lot of sex workers do this on r/sexsells, so it seemed like an easy way to advertise, but I wanted to only advertise on geoblocked sites (for my own peace of mind and whatnot). My first thought was mfc because of its popularity and relatively personalized websites. But realizing that I won't be using their cam rooms because they require you to show face, I would have to think of justifications to use it . In the posts about camming, I couldn't cam because my computer wasn't working properly or I was on my period (I decided to pursue this new career in the middle of my period woes). My main concern was about camming and remaining anonymous/private, though. After reading up on chaturbate, that seemed more comfortable to use. I was thinking of having something like "Fancentro for info and disclaimer!!! X tokens = yearly snap access, X tokens = monthly snap access. Manyvids: ___" in the chatroom itself. Chaturbate seems like another popular camgirl site that I wanted to utilize and widen a bit of traffic as opposed to just using Manyvids to get people. Sorry that part was confusing :facepalm:

https://m.chaturbate.com/terms/

Please take a look at the rules, especially under illegal and prohibited content. I would hate for you to get banned right away. I am just advising you to be careful of services you are promoting offsite on your chaturbate account because it is not allowed.

Basically, you can sell your services as long as they are bought for tokens on the website. You can sell snap and kik for monthly or lifetime subscriptions for tokens on chaturbate.
Thank you for looking out. I want to use chaturbate to get more traffic to my other sites, but seeing that's not an option, I would just use chaturbate and maybe get a lovense lol or have things like, "x tokens for y show."

Keep in mind that geoblocking has limitations. Anyone using a VPN has the ability to get around it. With the state of the net being what it is, a lot of people use those services. There are also a lot of bots that record live shows from CB and MFC, then host them for advertising profit. Those recordings are not geoblocked.
This isn’t meant to spook you, it’s just important to recognize that the risk of being outted is definitely real. You can mitigate, but not eliminate it.

I was just going to echo what @Shhhamrock pretty much said MOST people have a VPN or know what a VPN is.. Chrome actually has an extension for free so anyone with Chrome who clicks the button (even by accident) can legit see you.. I don't really get why girls stress about geo blocking and having it on TBH... I thought Geo Blocking was a great idea and was still found by 4 people in my high school... in the span of 3 months (this was 6 years ago) - I then said fuck it and was never found by anyone until recently (I'm super out so I don't give a fuck so I always warn ladies who think Geo Blocking won't get them found).

Geo blocking does not guarantee anything. I actually was found MORE using geo blocking than I have in the 6.5 years I have been doing this so just be careful if your worried about family/friends extensively finding out because even if they are not computer savvy if they click that extension button; guess what they are going to find you...

Reactions: Gen
I was just going to echo what @Shhhamrock pretty much said MOST people have a VPN or know what a VPN is.. Chrome actually has an extension for free so anyone with Chrome who clicks the button (even by accident) can legit see you.. I don't really get why girls stress about geo blocking and having it on TBH... I thought Geo Blocking was a great idea and was still found by 4 people in my high school... in the span of 3 months (this was 6 years ago) - I then said fuck it and was never found by anyone until recently (I'm super out so I don't give a fuck so I always warn ladies who think Geo Blocking won't get them found).

Geo blocking does not guarantee anything. I actually was found MORE using geo blocking than I have in the 6.5 years I have been doing this so just be careful if your worried about family/friends extensively finding out because even if they are not computer savvy if they click that extension button; guess what they are going to find you...
OK, so I guess I'm going with my original plan to never show my face at all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.