AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where's My Money MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prinsassy

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 16, 2013
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hi all! I am a new MFC model, not new to the biz, I love it too! I currently work for a studio, and have not been paid yet. I am owed 2 payments so far and I have court tomorrow! urggghhh! I got this "job" to help out in this little pinch I am in but it's totally not working. I made more than enough tokens to get out of trouble but still nothing has been paid out. Now the account manager wants to pay me via paypal and I don't think that is right but I will have to accept it this one time in order to get my first two payments. This is a total red flag for me since they tell us not to use pp but they can? WTH? Any advice anyone? I never saw anything in MFC console that dedicates a section to payment info, so I am not sure that I can change these options myself to make sure they are accurate. If this does not come through today or tomorrow morning I will be raising hell and high water, we all know how fierce we can be when it comes to our money and I would hate to have to release this fiery redhead temper on anyone.

P.s
has anyone got their most recent MFC payment yet? supposedly my account mgr said they pay today. ( I thought it was the 16th)

Attachments

• gifrhiana.jpg
    gifrhiana.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 276
Account Manager? Paypal? Did you sign up under a studio by any chance?

It's not MFC's fault it's your studio. Why are you even with a studio?

prinsassy said:
AmberCutie said:
Idk, when I signed up I didn't realize. Way to get out of it?
Depends on if your contract says you can't sign up independently for x amount of time after you quit the studio. But you'd go to MFC directly and sign up for a model account, then contact MFC and tell them to delete the old account because it was a studio and get approval on your new, independent account.

I'm always surprised by how many models fall in to the trap of accidentally signing up to a cam site through a studio. How does it happen? Is it a case of seeing an ad from a studio and signing up there and then without even logging on to MFC directly or researching things? Or do the studios have advertisements on the MFC sign-up page? "Click here to sign up" and then the new model unknowingly clicks the ad instead of the correct link?

mynameisbob84 said:
I'm always surprised by how many models fall in to the trap of accidentally signing up to a cam site through a studio. How does it happen? Is it a case of seeing an ad from a studio and signing up there and then without even logging on to MFC directly or researching things? Or do the studios have advertisements on the MFC sign-up page? "Click here to sign up" and then the new model unknowingly clicks the ad instead of the correct link?
It's usually the result of googling how to be a webcam model, and just following links. I almost did it when I was first researching stuff.

mynameisbob84 said:

It's surprisingly easy I think. When I first signed up to Mfc I did a LOT of research on the wiki etc, but besides that I didn't really do that much research. If I'd found another website I might have just looked at the information there and started work. These studios are designed to trap models/make them think they're signing up more directly with the site. You've got to remember that although once you're in the little world of Myfreecams/camming you know all about it, it's easy to think that other people know all about it too. In reality though most people don't know camsites exist. At least not on the level of myfreecams. They think they're small, perhaps shady businesses where men go to on a saturday night when drunk and horny. Most people also have no idea the kind of money that can be made on these sites. I work about 20 hours a month and earn more than most people I know and I'm not even a top or a high earning model. Most people have no idea you could even make enough to live off working on cam full time.

Anyway, just saying, remember although it seems like a "how does this even happen?" moment, to someone who regularly visits camsites and might have been for a while, and also someone who visits camsites for a totally different reason than a potential model, but to a large portion of potential models they have absolutely no idea what they're looking for. If someone walks into a completely dark room with no switch by the door I'm not going to judge them if while trying to find the light switch they grope around the wall for a while, maybe clicking on wrong switches a few times. You could say "well, get a torch!", but not everyone has torches to hand you know.

This studio sounds pretty dodgy not paying you and now wanting to pay through paypal, what's the name of it?

Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:

It's surprisingly easy I think. When I first signed up to Mfc I did a LOT of research on the wiki etc, but besides that I didn't really do that much research. If I'd found another website I might have just looked at the information there and started work. These studios are designed to trap models/make them think they're signing up more directly with the site. You've got to remember that although once you're in the little world of Myfreecams/camming you know all about it, it's easy to think that other people know all about it too. In reality though most people don't know camsites exist. At least not on the level of myfreecams. They think they're small, perhaps shady businesses where men go to on a saturday night when drunk and horny. Most people also have no idea the kind of money that can be made on these sites. I work about 20 hours a month and earn more than most people I know and I'm not even a top or a high earning model. Most people have no idea you could even make enough to live off working on cam full time.

Anyway, just saying, remember although it seems like a "how does this even happen?" moment, to someone who regularly visits camsites and might have been for a while, and also someone who visits camsites for a totally different reason than a potential model, but to a large portion of potential models they have absolutely no idea what they're looking for. If someone walks into a completely dark room with no switch by the door I'm not going to judge them if while trying to find the light switch they grope around the wall for a while, maybe clicking on wrong switches a few times. You could say "well, get a torch!", but not everyone has torches to hand you know.

This studio sounds pretty dodgy not paying you and now wanting to pay through paypal, what's the name of it?

yes I did get paid and it was pp. And it is aphroditewebcamagency I found out today. I had no clue and maybe will quit and come back to mfc directly. Anybody ever had to do that? I know that streamate has rules for how long you have to wait before coming back. Hmmm. Not wanting to ask my studio, they might get the wrong idea and cancel my act.

P.s. it would help to get a few answers in here along with yall's :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: MsRoxieBabe
AmberCutie said:
prinsassy said:
AmberCutie said:
Depends on if your contract says you can't sign up independently for x amount of time after you quit the studio. But you'd go to MFC directly and sign up for a model account, then contact MFC and tell them to delete the old account because it was a studio and get approval on your new, independent account.
Thank you girl.
I am not sure how I applied I think I replied to a sexyjobs email. Oh nooo. thats how it happened lol. Geez.

prinsassy said:
AmberCutie said:
prinsassy said:
AmberCutie said:
Thank you girl.
I am not sure how I applied I think I replied to a sexyjobs email. Oh nooo. thats how it happened lol. Geez.

MFC will get me an ind. act soon. YAY thanks for the advice girls

prinsassy said:
Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:

yes I did get paid and it was pp. And it is aphroditewebcamagency I found out today. I had no clue and maybe will quit and come back to mfc directly. Anybody ever had to do that? I know that streamate has rules for how long you have to wait before coming back. Hmmm. Not wanting to ask my studio, they might get the wrong idea and cancel my act.

P.s. it would help to get a few answers in here along with yall's :twocents-02cents:
I'm not sure there really are any answers. The studio you signed up with is clearly scammy and the guy is trying to dupe you out of payment. Read your contract and see what it says about getting paid. It seems that more likely than not, they are going to give you a really hard time to get your money. None of us have experience with this studio so I'm not sure what answers you are looking for.

Reactions: KayleePond
prinsassy said:
Okay. Yea it is dodgy and thanks for trying to answer.

Not only that - but even a regular studio that pays on time, is still taking a HUGE cut of your pay for NOTHING.

THe only reason you should be letting a studio take a cut is if you are physically GOING to their location, and using their internet, rooms, resources etc. OR perhaps if they were creating custom advertising material, booking photoshoots, and basically acting as an agent.

Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Not judging, just surprised it happens as often as it does. I guess the studios know what they're doing and know how to mislead new models.

Reactions: emptiedglass
I also wanted to mention that in the US many NCCs (non compete clause) are worthless anyway. Always check your state codes of course. For example they are banned in California except in certain instances so it wouldn't even apply to a model living there. (hint, hint) You should be able to use Google to find your state codes and info on it. I have investigated NCCs before for both myself (back in 1990) and other friends. I won't say that they are totally worthless but in many cases they aren't worth the paper they are written on.
:thumbleft:

The California code on NCCs. (Contracts in Restraint of Trade 16600. - 16607)

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/BPC/1/d7/2/1/s16600

Studios, physical studios, that is, make a lot of sense in some countries, where many models still live at home due to the high cost of housing, and where wired internet service is still expensive and of varying quality. Working on your own, and just paying someone for the hell of it, does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.