AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why am I an angry Atheist?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First the video - I don't care if you believe in god or not, a lot of the things she talked about should bother you if you are a human. The discrimination against people who are a certain way is one thing but the mutilation and/or killing of people is another and it should upset you.

Second this whole "Keep it to yourself" thing - that is how change DOESN'T happen. That is how people don't become aware of things. If someone was standing on a street corner saying these things and you didn't want to hear it, you'd walk away. If you don't want to read or see a video on the internet then don't but don't then run your mouth( or fingers in this case lol ) about what was written or shown cause you have no fucking clue what was written or said.

Third - comparing america to any other country on this planet to me is a mistake. America is a young country, when compared to the rest of the world(minus the continent of Africa where countries can change names on whim). America is a melting pot in a way that is so utterly different than any other country. So trying to get all those different beliefs and cultures to agree on how things should be done is damn near impossible. Leaders try to appease their constituents so they can keep their job rather than doing what is right for the whole of the country.

I do agree with one thing she said 100% - paraphrasing "Passion for an issue backed up by anger is very powerful" and that is the true.

Oh and I want to put something in here about Red7227 being a fucking douche bag but that would just start shit I don't really care about arguing about so I won't say it.

Neudiin said:
Oh and I want to put something in here about Red7227 being a fucking douche bag but that would just start shit I don't really care about arguing about so I won't say it.
I'm glad you had the self-control to keep it to yourself. I don't know if I could have done it myself.

I would like to point out- I don't think Red was intentionally trying to compare Australia with America. He related what I said to Australia, not sure if he realized I was talking about America or not. If he thought I was talking about Australia, that implies that he thinks I'm cool enough to be Australian, which I will take as a compliment.

That said, you can compare two things that are not alike. I actually encourage it. Keep in mind, comparing means you try to find similarities between the things. Contrasting means you point out the differences. By making a habit of comparing things that don't appear to have anything in common, we make a habit of finding similarities, which is very very good when we then encounter people we don't appear to have anything in common with.

My post was simply to point out to Red that by replying about my post as it relates to Australia, he is, in a way, comparing Australia to America. I was not upset by this. If something in a post of mine that is meant to shed light on my country allows someone else to shed light on their own country, this is only a good thing.

Yes, America is young. So is Australia, actually. I think the biggest difference between America and Australia is the diversity. America is a place where so many cultures were brought together to clash, mix, and in some instances disappear leaving only a few remnants, that it has a truly unique dynamic. But America is still made of humans, just like every other country.

So I will clarify. Even though, in my post, I was talking about America, I was really thinking about humanity. I think it's sad that there are any countries where it's necessary to outlaw hate crimes, because of how easily hate is born in the heart of humans. We are genetically predisposed to like people who are similar to us, and dislike people who are different. Luckily, this genetic predisposition is easy to train out. Someday, I hope every culture will have thrown out the hate, and will have respect and compassion for all other life.

LadyLuna said:
Yes, America is young. So is Australia, actually. I think the biggest difference between America and Australia is the diversity. America is a place where so many cultures were brought together to clash, mix, and in some instances disappear leaving only a few remnants, that it has a truly unique dynamic. But America is still made of humans, just like every other country.
Sorry I wasn't clear but diversity is what I was talking about.

LadyLuna said:
So I will clarify. Even though, in my post, I was talking about America, I was really thinking about humanity. I think it's sad that there are any countries where it's necessary to outlaw hate crimes, because of how easily hate is born in the heart of humans. We are genetically predisposed to like people who are similar to us, and dislike people who are different. Luckily, this genetic predisposition is easy to train out. Someday, I hope every culture will have thrown out the hate, and will have respect and compassion for all other life.

Do you mean crimes have to have labels like "hate"? Not sure what you mean.

Neudiin said:
LadyLuna said:

Do you mean crimes have to have labels like "hate"? Not sure what you mean.

I mean the crimes that wouldn't happen if hate didn't exist, but especially the ones that are actually labeled hate crimes, since those are about hating a group of people just because of whatever makes them that group of people (black skin, gay, transgender, pro-choice...), especially because a lot of the time it's something they really can't change about themselves.

I can understand hating someone for a choice that they made, but I can't understand hating someone just for being born a certain way.

Reactions: Nordling
Ah I see. Yes it is confusing to those of us that don't hate people for things they can't help. I've always said "if I don't like someone it is because of who they are and their actions not what they are."

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
I am American, so when I say "this country", I'm talking about America.

So? I'm taking about Australia.

LadyLuna said:

Likewise. I was giving the example of Australia in recent history where the government changed what was acceptable behaviour in public.

Red7227 said:
People that go around flogging their views tend to be annoying, be they atheists, theists, social reformists or whatever.

Maybe you should read your own post and learn from it.

You have a bigoted and narrow minded view of the USA, and seem to relish flogging your twisted views to annoy others.

So yes, you were right when you said it was annoying.

Unfortunately, that's about the only thing you've said in this thread that was correct.

I spent last month visiting friends and relatives in Australia and New Zealand.

Just as most Americans are not as Red portrayed them, most Aussies are not like Red.

Thank God. I'm an atheist, but somehow it just seemed appropriate here :) .

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.