AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do members insist on being your room helper and giving advice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyNymph

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 28, 2016
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@FairyNymph_
MFC Username
FairyNymph
Do members get off on trying to tell the new girls what to do? I've had a few members that practically beg to be my room helper and always want me to take time out of my day so they can give me advice for shows and what to do during cam to bring in people or whatnot. Do they not realize I can get their "advice" from different forums? From actual models that do the actual job? Do they have anything new or worthwhile to say or should I just say I'm not interested? I don't mean to sound stuck up or rude, but when they beg for me to get on skype or other video chat platforms so they can help me out, it is automatically going to sound suspicious and I'm trying to be as careful as I can. Basically, am I being a bitch for not kissing their feet for trying to help or should I wait to get verified and get advice from the Models Only section?

Do members get off on trying to tell the new girls what to do?

yes.
Don't fall for it, you're not being a bitch. New models attract a lot of this type. It will go away after you are less 'newb' in the mean time stick to your guns

I agree with all of the above, not to mention that their "helpful advice" is usually something along the lines of "Get topless or naked for free to get more guys in your room and more tips". This doesn't encourage more tipping, just more freeloaders.

Sense of entitlement. Control. Thinking they are helping you in another way with inane advice so they dont have to tip and hope they get something in return. Etc. Just tell them no to being a room helper and no thank you to the advice.

Oh, the days of new model status. I don't miss that crap AT ALL. Get through it and stand your ground ^_~

I feel so bad that you even have to ask if you're being a bitch about all of that. I personally think even if you were being too harsh it's better to be a little paranoid and harsh on people than get ripped off or burnt out from being used. And I think any genuine member would understand your distrust, especially since you're new.

It makes me sad when I hear a nice cam girl worrying that she's "being a bitch" when she actually isn't. You are not being a bitch simply by refusing to do something a member wants. And anyone who would call you a bitch just for telling them no is nothing but a bully who should be banned. If you are a new model, be prepared for more of these members offering to "help you out." Many of them do not have the best intentions, and will give you bad advice that only benefits them. And whenever you have to tell a member no, do not waste 10 minutes in free chat explaining to him why you said no. Follow Miquote's advice and STAND YOUR GROUND. The members on this forum are pretty cool and helpful, but getting verified for the Models Only section would be good for you too.

It makes me sad when I hear a nice cam girl worrying that she's "being a bitch" when she actually isn't. You are not being a bitch simply by refusing to do something a member wants. And anyone who would call you a bitch just for telling them no is nothing but a bully who should be banned.

This reminds me of those moments when a guy asks for a girl's number... she then rejects him... the guy responds in a tirade: "FINE YOU STUCK BITCH! YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR ME HUH!" It sounds like an act of entitlement. What's lacking in perspective (from the male side) is a woman exercising her human rights to say no.

I'm waiting to be verified now. I'm normally very good at standing my ground, I can say no and not usually feel bad about it, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't just being mean and that maybe they didn't have bad intentions. And I suppose it always depends on the person, but a few of them got so offended that I didn't want to spend my free time talking to them about how2cammodel and attempted to make me feel bad. Which didn't work at all, luckily. But this is making me feel even better about my choices, so I appreciate it a lot! Thank you guys :h:.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amelia Liddell
This reminds me of those moments when a guy asks for a girl's number... she then rejects him... the guy responds in a tirade: "FINE YOU STUCK BITCH! YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR ME HUH!" It sounds like an act of entitlement. What's lacking in perspective (from the male side) is a woman exercising her human rights to say no.

I hate when they respond with "Damn, that's FUCKED UP," or "Why? You don't like White guys or something?"

This Black guy at a bar (who kept staring at me, and yelled "I'd fuck the shit outta you!") got pissed when he saw me having a conversation with a White guy friend of mine. He was like "What were you talking to that White dude for?!," and I SNAPPED. I told him to get his disgusting, fossil-ass the fuck outta my face and leave me alone. Security came in and made him leave. Everyone was shocked because they'd never seen me go off like that on someone before.

I've been on a bus before, and saw some creep buggin' this woman for her number (after she had already said no, and she was very nice), and he wouldn't leave her alone until he got off at his stop. The bus driver said that guy was always trying to hit on female passengers.

Wow, just wow.

I've been a moderator on CB for a couple models; never a room helper on MFC. In the past I have tried to give advice to newer models, more and more I've stopped doing that as I come to understand it's not my place.

When I've helped a model out as moderator it's been for a couple reason:
1) It takes some of the burden of dealing with guests, basics, and rude premiums off the model's shoulders so that she can focus more on giving good customer service to the members who are going to pay her for her time and attention.

2) As a sometimes customer of those models, I know something about what appeals to other guys. No guarantees, I've been surprised at times what other guys go for and what they will tip for. I've kind of stopped doing this. I don't need to be telling somebody how to do her job, unless she asks.

3) On CB, it gives me a chance to chat with the model about stuff that maybe she doesn't want the whole room to hear about. These models are/were friends (as much as someone online who you are sexually attracted to can be) and so we'd talk about what movies they watched; how their families were doing; how their pets were; health, jobs, etc... While most everybody else is asking her to "show tits bb" "flash ass" "want feet"

4) I have, at times, served as a text and verbal participant to help make other members fantasies come true. For example, one guy (who was tipping) wanted a model and I to participate textually in his "tiny" and "food" fantasies. I asked the model if she was alright with me helping, etc. She agreed and we helped make that guy's fantasy be more intense.

5) I generally don't buy many tokens on CB, MFC is my primary hangout, with the few exceptions of certain models. That I don't keep many tokens there, I feel bad not being able to contribute otherwise. Being a moderator helps me to contribute some.

Sometimes we members want to feel useful or helpful during those times we can't tip you models. I'm not going to say all the guys who want to be room-helpers or moderators are gentlemen or ladies

Maybe I'm delusional, maybe I'm a horrible shitlord

I do think it's terrible that somebody has treated each of you ladies so badly to leave such a dark mark on you, leaving you to think all guys who want to help are that bad.

But at least with MFC now there are CharlesBot and more automated countdown features

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osyrus and ACFFAN69
@jujoji It's not really a matter of someone has treated us so badly, it's the fact that when we are new we are literally bombarded with tons of requests, sometimes a hundred in one day to be a room helper. You know for a damn fact almost all of those requests are not genuine, considering they don't even know us. I mean, it's kind of obvious that it gives a place of importance and control over the room. It can even give a member some form of control over the model if she's new and hasn't had enough experience in the field yet. It's not about bad experiences more about basic psychology. Another moderator I know who does a good job never asks a model, because he knows if she really wants one she'll approach him about it.

I do think it's terrible that somebody has treated each of you ladies so badly to leave such a dark mark on you, leaving you to think all guys who want to help are that bad.

Lol. No, we're just looking out for a fellow cam girl by giving her the 4-1-1 on the members who like to take advantage of new models. No "dark mark" here. Just past experiences and lessons learned. :)

Yeah honestly for every good room helper or guy who genuinely does just wanna help there are 100 other requests from guys who will demand a million free things for doing nothing for you or even scare tippers away. I remember one guy on CB was modded for a girl and he went and banned every member in the room and this was when models could not clear their banned list. So it's more of a guys gotta earn it thing. Prove to me you arent an ass like the rest. Plus popping into a girls room youve never been in before and demanding to be made special when you dont know a thing about her or how she runs her room is just silly. You dont know the inside jokes and might ban someone cause you dont get the joke, you dont know if she cares if someone calls her bb, you dont know if she like to give great comebacks to trolls or wants them banned immediately, and you dont know what she does allow or doesnt cause each model is different and so is how she runs her room. I think here were more talking about those kinda guys who arent regulars at all but complete strangers to us. The ones who do just want the power so they can feel like special snowflakes without tipping and get pissed and lash out when you tell them no.

Maybe I'm delusional, maybe I'm a horrible shitlord

It would be different I suppose if they had asked about my normal life, or wanted to really get to know me, or supported me with tips and junk, but they don't. One got offended that I paid more attention to a member that was tipping, and told me over Twitter how I hurt his feelings and that he needs attention in free chat. Another one still bugs me to give him a free Skype show so he can teach me how to squirt so I'll make more money, or that the next time he's in my state we will have sex, because he's been my room helper twice. So if someone tipped with advice in the tip notes, or I approached them for the help it would be different, but why would I give away a free show when I can get Verified here, and browse the Models Only section? I'm not saying every single member has bad intentions, but I've noticed the ones that claim to want to help me the most want something for free for their secret advice that I will apparently absolutely not find anywhere on the Internet ever.

It would be different I suppose if they had asked about my normal life, or wanted to really get to know me, or supported me with tips and junk, but they don't. One got offended that I paid more attention to a member that was tipping, and told me over Twitter how I hurt his feelings and that he needs attention in free chat. Another one still bugs me to give him a free Skype show so he can teach me how to squirt so I'll make more money, or that the next time he's in my state we will have sex, because he's been my room helper twice. So if someone tipped with advice in the tip notes, or I approached them for the help it would be different, but why would I give away a free show when I can get Verified here, and browse the Models Only section? I'm not saying every single member has bad intentions, but I've noticed the ones that claim to want to help me the most want something for free for their secret advice that I will apparently absolutely not find anywhere on the Internet ever.

And most "advice" those guys give is actually "do this thing that will get me off, but I'm not going to pay you, but because it turns me on so much, I'm going to go on about how it'll make you money because maybe someone else might pay you for it"

And most "advice" those guys give is actually "do this thing that will get me off, but I'm not going to pay you, but because it turns me on so much, I'm going to go on about how it'll make you money because maybe someone else might pay you for it"

Remember that guy who joined ACF and made a huuuuuuge post that basically boiled down to "wear pigtails and do blowjob shows because that gets me, I mean all men ever, off"? I loved that thread, haha.

Remember that guy who joined ACF and made a huuuuuuge post that basically boiled down to "wear pigtails and do blowjob shows because that gets me, I mean all men ever, off"? I loved that thread, haha.

Oh, that was truly a masterpiece.

I still think the great Kool Ray from Canada, tutorials on how to be better camgirl model were the best.

Sadly he has stopped making them but he does make Christmas Card video for models. I wonder if he is still a basic.

I still think the great Kool Ray from Canada, tutorials on how to be better camgirl model were the best.

Sadly he has stopped making them but he does make Christmas Card video for models. I wonder if he is still a basic.

I love how he just mansplained 2 things I knew about before even thinking about getting into camming. I know the audio thing isn't not common sense for most people but they're both mentioned a ton in any sort of "How To Web Cam" thing ever.

Also he sounds like a turd and has shitty bud light speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.