AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do models leave camming without notice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2015
Over the last couple of months few of my my favorites have suddenly vanished. Some deleted their cam and social networking accounts entirely and others just disappeared. It kind of depresses me. One model who I talked to a lot was going through a lot personal turmoil and it really left me wondering whether she was gonna be OK when she suddenly disappeared off the face of internet. She said she started camming to pay for school and living expenses, and she was really happy with camming but then her friends found out and gave her a hard time. She dealt with a lot of shame and isolation and quit school just before leaving camming. She was super smart and was almost done with school so it really annoys me that she had to go though all that. Of course, I respect her privacy and her wishes to be left alone. I guess I just want some reassurance that when models leave it works out for the best. Does it usually?

Models exit the camming industry (with or without notice) for a plethora of different reasons, just like people who leave their vanilla jobs or change careers do. In the grand scheme, I'd say that it's pretty normal, and I'm sure that most models go on to lead happy & productive lives in whatever ways they choose. :)

The only thing constant in life is change. Sometimes people leave this or that for whatever reason - sometimes is not forever and if they miss what they left behind they return after working out whatever it is they needed to work out. Or not. It all depends....We may never have the answers! I think it is great you care though!

i'm guilty of doing this and in my case, it's usually when i'm going through some sort of change / transition that requires me to be away for a bit. i've never gone away for good bc i absolutely love camming and when i am away, i miss it and my friends i've made along the way. it's really sweet of you to care so much. hope for the best; i'm sure she is well and doing what was best for her at the moment

I think it's probably related to pressure. Things could be happening in the person's life that just completely overwhelm them and then trying to make a bunch of people on the internet happy at the same time. Youtubers do it a lot too. Camming, or pretty much any entertainment job, is not an easy job. It's filled with pressure and hard work and it can definitely get overwhelming at times. Top that off with life issues it can be completely understandable how someone could just end it all. When I stopped camming I never wanted to tell people because it was so hard, but I didn't want to be rude. You get the emotions from your members responses and it's just really hard. I'm sure it does get better, it's gotten better for me when I didn't have to constantly worry about it. Maybe I'll go back to it too.

I think it's probably related to pressure. Things could be happening in the person's life that just completely overwhelm them and then trying to make a bunch of people on the internet happy at the same time. Youtubers do it a lot too. Camming, or pretty much any entertainment job, is not an easy job. It's filled with pressure and hard work and it can definitely get overwhelming at times. Top that off with life issues it can be completely understandable how someone could just end it all. When I stopped camming I never wanted to tell people because it was so hard, but I didn't want to be rude. You get the emotions from your members responses and it's just really hard. I'm sure it does get better, it's gotten better for me when I didn't have to constantly worry about it. Maybe I'll go back to it too.
Yep this .... I'm sure if they took the time to tell people they would have relentless pressure or contact from people. People getting angry and upset. Someone who is already dealing with so much doesn't want that as well.

It is EXHAUSTING to have to constantly try to make everyone else happy.

I've left a ton of places without notice. I think I didn't really think anyone cared enough to truly worry about me. (I've learned that this is not the case... so I'm going to be a bit more mindful should I need to take a break from certain networks.)

for me though... I sometimes need to go off and be alone and way from the net because so much interaction/expectations can take their toll after a while and I don't want to get to a point where I'm beyond stressed and taking it out on ppl who don't deserve it so I disappear.

I'm sorry she went through that though. I went through a similar thing and now I kinda dont' care. I was never super secretive about it but people do treat you differently for some reason when they find out you do this for work. That's the real shame I guess.

Just wanted to add that members do this too, sometimes, and if you're a regular member in a girl's room, she will likely notice and wonder the same things. If you're planning to leave a cam site, I think sending an MFC mail just letting her know is a nice gesture. (Only girls who know you though, I've had randoms I didn't recognize send messages like that for attention and it's very weird,lol.)

Heck even some of my internet pals from other forums have done it, I guess it's part of internet life but it does suck to get invested in someone as a friend and have them disappear.

I think sending an MFC mail just letting her know is a nice gesture. (Only girls who know you though, I've had randoms I didn't recognize send messages like that for attention and it's very weird,lol.)

Don't you love when the guys tipped once for pm, watch you every day from lounge and tip anon (possibly frequently, but who knows cuz they're anon) feel the need to tell you they need to take a break from the cam site. XD

Don't you love when the guys tipped once for pm, watch you every day from lounge and tip anon (possibly frequently, but who knows cuz they're anon) feel the need to tell you they need to take a break from the cam site. XD

lol yeah it's like uh... who are you though?

Sometimes people don't plan to leave. They take some time off or a vacation (maybe camping where there is no internet lol) then some new things happen in their life they get busy with these new things.. a week turns into a month then months...So I think that would explain also why some leave and not let anyone know that they are leaving. (By the time they figure out that they left it makes no sense to inform people they left cause that would be returning not leaving.)

But this only applies to when the profile is still online or at least hidden for a while - I do think that deleting a profile and just leaving without a word is somewhat hurtful to all the friends left behind...deleting a profle usually means that the person is aware they are leaving for good- unless is huge life drama and something really awful happened I think it would be nice to leave a brief message on a social site because friends/fans end up being hurt and ruminating daily over this...

Members do it to models too, sometimes there are clues as to why someone leaves. Quite often it is not forever, models create new accounts, members return ... keep searching.

On models leaving, it usually works pretty well, do not worry.

Just wanted to add that members do this too, sometimes, and if you're a regular member in a girl's room, she will likely notice and wonder the same things.

Yes, it can be pretty awful when a guy who has been there daily for years just disappears with no explanation. I've seen that happen and it sucks.

There have been a few models I've known that left without ever saying anything. I get that but I do admit I do wonder how they are doing and think of them sometimes. As for myself there are times life has made it necessary to take a break but when that happens I try to make sure people know so they don't worry. I'll also try to at least "check in" now and then while away to let them know all is well.

Yes, it can be pretty awful when a guy who has been there daily for years just disappears with no explanation. I've seen that happen and it sucks.

I've seen that more times than I actually realized. I'm really bad at handling disappearances. I don't start getting emotional or anything, but I usually imagine that the worst possible thing has happened instead of what would be normal.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Members do it to models too, sometimes there are clues as to why someone leaves. Quite often it is not forever, models create new accounts, members return ... keep searching.

On models leaving, it usually works pretty well, do not worry.

I went on a hiatus from camming for a while (though it wasn't unannounced) and returned to find one of my most favorite members had just disappeared, both his MFC and Twitter accounts. :( I was very disappointed, we always had lots of fun, and I had no way to find out why he left. All you can do is hope for the best for them, model or member, and hope they might return someday like Troll said!.

Reactions: jujoji
I always say goodbye when I leave, cause I'm always chatting with my fans. I feel that is rude just to leave without notice.

I try not to say my personal business to viewers in my room so I just exit quietly.

I think you guys may be talking about how you leave your chat room when you log off each shift. The original post was about models who leave their camming career without notice..

I hope that clarifies any confusion

Over the last couple of months few of my my favorites have suddenly vanished. Some deleted their cam and social networking accounts entirely and others just disappeared. It kind of depresses me. One model who I talked to a lot was going through a lot personal turmoil and it really left me wondering whether she was gonna be OK when she suddenly disappeared off the face of internet. She said she started camming to pay for school and living expenses, and she was really happy with camming but then her friends found out and gave her a hard time. She dealt with a lot of shame and isolation and quit school just before leaving camming. She was super smart and was almost done with school so it really annoys me that she had to go though all that. Of course, I respect her privacy and her wishes to be left alone. I guess I just want some reassurance that when models leave it works out for the best. Does it usually?
Stories like this me make extremely pissed! Why the fuck do people stigmatize sex workers!? People like her "friends" make me cringe! :mad:

Reactions: Violet Dawn
I think there's a lot of reasons why models end up leaving, with or without notice...

For me, camming was something I had picked up in between gigs for my vanilla day job to make at least enough for some grocery money when I was going through a rough patch.

While I'd had high hopes of making a decent amount of money with it, that never happened... Likely because I found it hard to take super seriously when I knew I'd likely be returning to the day job world as soon as something turned up. I just made enough so I didn't starve through that couple of months, and when I got a new day job, I stopped doing it.

I never deleted my profile because I figured that at some point I might be back if I was ever in a similar situation again (and I currently am), I just sorta drifted away.

I once had to delete an exhibitionism reddit account because someone from the high school I went to recognized me and tried threatening me. I didn't tell anyone that I was going to delete the account because if I did, a lot of people that wouldn't have otherwise saved my pictures might have done so. I know there's no stopping people from keeping digital records, but the fewer the better for situations like that, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.