AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do models want to C2C?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Model or member, everyone's still human so everyone able to make the same human decisions good and bad. No side holds a moral authority in the cam industry everyone is capable of everything.

It probably does work enough or it wouldn't be done. Some people enjoy being smothered but it can be repulsive to others. It's a gambling strategy in either case. I can guarantee there are models that ASK for dick pics. You don't need to know WHY they want them but because that model exist allows for the logic that other models want them also. That's why concepts of etiquette don't ever hold up because for every model that say 'no' about something will be a model that will say 'yes'.
You're right but you misunderstood me a little. My point was a bit different. Models are the people who deal with all kinds of shitty behavior on a daily basics. So I always assumed that they were completely aware of potential impact on members. If you (as a model) don't want to get bothered with pointless messages, why would you bother members around? If you don't want to have a member who whines when you accept invitations to a pvt shows from other members, why would you be bitchy when your regular visits another rooms, tips another models and takes them pvt?
If you have to deal with loads of crap everyday, the first thing you should learn is never behave the way annoying members behave towards you. I thought it was pretty clear&logical.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated".

P.S. I really don't (want to) believe any adequate model is happy to be bombarded with PMs in her time off cam or is excited to get a message, "why did you accept that invitation? I thought I was the only one you've been going to pvts with. you abandoned me!".
(It's just a mirror of situations that were described by you and ForceTen).
All this stuff sounds pretty ridiculous and seems like a parallel reality to me.

You're right but you misunderstood me a little. My point was a bit different. Models are the people who deal with all kinds of shitty behavior on a daily basics. So I always assumed that they were completely aware of potential impact on members. If you (as a model) don't want to get bothered with pointless messages, why would you bother members around? If you don't want to have a member who whines when you accept invitations to a pvt shows from other members, why would you be bitchy when your regular visits another rooms, tips another models and takes them pvt?
If you have to deal with loads of crap everyday, the first thing you should learn is never behave the way annoying members behave towards you. I thought it was pretty clear&logical.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated".

Sadly, this happens from both spectrums. I've seen model and members get mad/upset/jealous because of various things. I've seen reactions from members about how another wins a raffle, and they accuse the winner of pretty crazy things. I've also seen members make very bad comments out of jealousy/etc because a model went private with someone else. Have also seen it where a model is interacting with other members in public chat, and one person gets pissed because they feel the model isn't paying them enough attention.

But, on the flip side, having been on the receiving end of a model's rant because I was in another room &/or private (it's happened multiple times from different models), I can say some models can be just as shitty as members. I get it, it can be pretty cutthroat at times in terms of tokens/revenue. But, to me, it's the quickest way to get dropped from my interacting with a model.

You mentioned PMs in an earlier post. I generally don't mind getting the occasional message from a model saying "Hi" and inquiring how I'm doing. I get this from models whom I've interacted with as a regular in her room. They've come from models who don't crack the top 1000 to models who are frequently in the top 20. The top models don't do it all the time, as they are usually managing their room and pay attention more there. But, I do appreciate when they genuinely ask how I'm doing. Never an issue if it's only a quick response, as I respect their time online as I know it's their job on the camsite. Sometimes I'll tip, even if I'm not in their room. Sometimes not. All depends on if I have tokens and my mood.

All that being said, it should also be mentioned that in some instances, if a member interacts with a studio model, they may soon find themselves on the friend's list of every model who works in the studio. Which, is why I went the route of blocking PM's from people who aren't on my friend's or bookmarked model list. It got to the point where I'd log into MFC, and within a minute I could have up to ten models PM'ing me asking for tokens.

Reactions: SMuser69
P.S. I really don't (want to) believe any adequate model is happy to be bombarded with PMs in her time off cam or is excited to get a message, "why did you accept that invitation? I thought I was the only one you've been going to pvts with. you abandoned me!".
(It's just a mirror of situations that were described by you and ForceTen).
All this stuff sounds pretty ridiculous and seems like a parallel reality to me.

More often than not, it comes down to the model and how she wants to interact with her members. Some use offline messaging to stay in contact with their regulars while offline, as sometimes real friendships do happen. Other times, it's more of a way to stay engaged with members and to help build revenue. You've even mentioned you will occasionally send a message to your favourites about something. I personally try to respect the model's time, regardless of if she's on cam or not. If I'm in her room, I will do my best to be active there, and reserve PM's for things of a more personal nature that shouldn't be said in the chat room. When it's her time off, I respect her time and try to keep messages to a minimum. Nor do I ever expect an immediate response, even if it's in response to a message from her. Messaging is a passive form of communication, and we're all busy so it can be some time if she reads it. Or, she may ignore it entirely.

I agree about the negative messages though. Regardless of if it comes from member or model, no one likes getting them

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Never an issue if it's only a quick response, as I respect their time online as I know it's their job on the camsite.

This. I'm not surprised by the fact that people can be shitty. Model can be a shitty person. Member can be a shitty person. It's perfectly understandable.

But it's our JOB, after all. If member behaves the mentioned way, he's probably just an asshole or a hopeless romantic who doesn't see a difference between real life and the Internet, between personal relationships (where it might be acceptable to get jealous, for example) and business relationships. Kinda "falling for a cam-girl" (it has been discussed on this forum multiple times).
But model has to be professional. She DOES (should, theoretically) see the difference between personal connections and business connections (no matter how friendly they are).
So I find all this stuff highly unprofessional.

Well, for me, watching a cam is seeing that I'm not looking silly in front of a computer alone. Plus, my body is ALWAYS reacting to an erection, it's like an action/reaction and I learned to monetize that aspect of my life that I was ashamed before. Guys loved it too so I think it's a very big plus on my side.

It pays to advertise, and it even pays to spam.

Sometimes pm-ing may be studio policy. One model pm’ed me whenever she saw me online. She’d pm 2 or 3 times, and then “don’t you like me anymore?” It must be studio policy because the model who replaced her does exactly the same thing. This is a model who has 1 - 15 members in the room. So, a few tokens can be make-or-break.

I don’t take it seriously. If I’m not in the mood, I just say “sorry, another time!” Also, telling her or other pm-ers “no tokens right now, I don’t want to be a freeloader.” is enough.

Some models reply with “It’s ok, come talk to me, I’m bored.” That’s hard to turn down. And a few models really do seem to want the company.

I like it when my favorite models pm me. It’s a nice gesture, in my opinion, even it if is a “marketing strategy.”

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.